Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » fighting inflation and lack of items » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page fighting inflation and lack of items 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

fighting inflation and lack of items Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You removed duping, good. That "feature" was an abomination. But as a result situation with item supply for underworld and servers like underworld gets even worse.

Old servers have a large portion of high level players compared to low level players, high level players consume much more high grade items for making their "end-game" set ups. And with to few active players to put surplus quest drops into auction, we get a shortage of items in auction. Combine this with the fact that we earn a lot more stones now than we ever did, any player above level 100 easily earn over 1ss per day.

So... Shortage of items, growing demand for better items, more stones entering economy than there is stones leaving economy. All factors that create inflation. What does this mean; since there is not enough high grade items for everyone, people start bidding on middle grade stuff to merge that better, and even buying lowest grade stuff like copper rings of strength. When level 100+ players pay 1ss for a junk item(that used to dupe) then there is no chance in hell that a level 40-60 can hope to compete for same items, they don't do expo that can allow them to even keep up with the inflation. So the only chance a smaller player have to make even a basic setup now, is to get some lucky drops....

To fight inflation i have a few suggestions:
1) Have RNG seed random item into auction at random intervals, with random auction length, this will help in two ways. Increase item supply, this is badly needed now that low grade item supply is halved or even cut to a third. Also this will help fight inflation, as any item not sold by a player, will help drain stones directly out of the economy

2) At the beginning of every month 10% of every players soul stones should be downgraded as per well of souls conversion rate. There is far too much value in soul stones and too few players destroy them to fund upgrades.

3) Reduce value of soul stones, souls are worth 500, but they are good for only two things. buying tattoos and lucky upgrades in well of souls. And you don't really need a lot for that. You will much sooner run out of ls and hs.

07-03-2013 10:50 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
jeikun

Registration Date: 04-05-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree with option 1, however I feel neither 2 or 3 are viable as again the disadvantage to small players is greater,

I can't remember who suggested it previously but global auctions I thought would be a good idea that would remove stones from a game (cba to explain in more detail), though that would need to be watched carefully so it is not abused. - Something the devs have shown not to be capable of.
07-03-2013 11:07 jeikun is offline Search for Posts by jeikun Add jeikun to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by dooz
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You have to explain how low players are hurt more by option 2 and 3, 10% is 10% if you have less than 10 souls, then no downgrade would occur. Players with more souls would have more souls downgraded. same goes for reducing the value of souls....

I know very few people will like those two suggestions, but something need to be done to reduce inflation

07-03-2013 12:03 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
You have to explain how low players are hurt more by option 2 and 3, 10% is 10% if you have less than 10 souls, then no downgrade would occur. Players with more souls would have more souls downgraded. same goes for reducing the value of souls....

I know very few people will like those two suggestions, but something need to be done to reduce inflation

that may be so, but why is a compulsory removal of stones used for upgrading helpful, that's like someone going into your bank accoutn and saying too much, we take some of this now, thanks bai.

i understand what you want to achieve, but that's not the way to go about it.

07-03-2013 14:04 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by dooz

You can't make a comparison like that Indica. in RL the number of money in circulation is more or less constant. In BW more and more stones a created each and every day. And the mechanisms that remove soul stones from the game is too weak.

Another option is to put a tax on auctions, that too would help remove stones from economy

/Edit

Also the soul stones are split into 1ms 2ls as per standard exchange rate. And ls is something that get used plenty in upgrading.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 07-03-2013 15:14.

07-03-2013 15:12 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

See my reply in the other thread you're having a laugh right?

As I don't think we need two threads on more or less the same subject I'm closing this one (it was created second)

07-03-2013 22:09 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » fighting inflation and lack of items

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH