Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » what happened? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page what happened?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

what happened? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the server just went. board, game everything. and a few guys on irc said polish and french were down too.

01-26-2009 23:48 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Same happened to me. I cleared all history, cookies etc, and it fixed it.
01-26-2009 23:51 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu

the clearing part didnt do anything Tongue

it jus happens time to time. happening things. :/

01-26-2009 23:53 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Nope - the whole lot went down - cleared cookies didn't fix it here.... missed an auction end. Frown

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-26-2009 23:53 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

but why did it happen?

01-26-2009 23:55 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by minshres
quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu

the clearing part didnt do anything Tongue

it jus happens time to time. happening things. :/

Well if it didnt do anything, then it's ridiculously coincidental timing.

I tried opening BW and forum repeatedly, said the server was was busy about 50 times.

I cleared all history, and it worked again.
01-27-2009 00:04 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

same happened to us Wink

the server was back around 49past or some where near that time right?

01-27-2009 00:14 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Just happened again to me... and by the looks of how everyone dissapeared on the forums it has happened to them too.

Your imperfection.
01-27-2009 00:36 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Hey same here. I ran a diagonistic check through IE, re-set my wireless and it still didn't come up. And no it's not my connected because two other tabs were open that I could still work with.
It just got back about 5-10 minutes ago after being down for about 5 minutes or so...
what the heck was that???

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-27-2009 00:46 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Thankyou. I also was running Google... and another site which shall remain nameless.... and this would not ork, nor the forum.... and I'm stuck on intel queasts.... 29 in a row of my lowest percent chance... but that's neither here nor there.

I wonder, are they doing system repairs?

Your imperfection.
01-27-2009 00:50 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Interesting point. At one of the hourly 'ranking' updates following the downtime, instead of it saying 'please wait while rankings are being updated', it said 'please wait while game system is being updated', which makes me think it may have been more than just a glitch.
01-27-2009 01:49 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Still no news?

01-27-2009 12:15 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
zeuce

images/avatars/avatar-209.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

maybe our small user population overloaded their servers lol

but whats the official reason????
01-28-2009 23:50 zeuce is offline Search for Posts by zeuce Add zeuce to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Had another VERY brief

"Please wait a moment while the game system is being updated.

Please try again soon."

today. Not on the hour either, it was at about 2:11pm or so, i remember as i was waiting for the last minute of an auction and thought i was going to miss it, but it literally only lasted a couple of seconds.

Would be good if someone could tell us what is being updated, as the last time it came up was shortly after the downtime referred to in this thread.
01-29-2009 17:03 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Is there no explaination forth-coming?
I would think it would be important to inform customers why a system they might be paying for crashed....

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-29-2009 20:46 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They have no clue as usual.. I am surprised you are expecting some answer..

They are not able to inform us about patches which they know they will come, so how can you expect answers for something they don't know it happened.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-29-2009 21:13 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

CONNECTION PROBLEMS - how to diagnose

I hope this will help next time when anything similar happens Smile

01-30-2009 14:22 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Cool, this will help next time, but it does not explains what happened this time.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-31-2009 23:56 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » what happened?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH