Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Battlefield » Battlefield - Underworld » War League » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page War League
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Helldemon
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 01-21-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Hll

War League Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but how about if we do a league system, where the top 4-6 clans are in the top league, then the next 4-6 clans and so on, we could keep it best of 7 like are 1 with the source, and depending on poh we could have a break period between each campaign so people could use what they win. Plus if their's enough people with spare time then we could have a hall of fame/shame section for each division

01-25-2009 17:34 Helldemon is offline Search for Posts by Helldemon Add Helldemon to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

Registration Date: 12-13-2007
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very good idea Hell, and if i may, i'd like to add some ideas.

1. have more teams per league, i was thinking about 10-12 teams

2. Have relegations and promotions, bottom 2 or 3 go down, top 2 or 3 goup.

3. have 2 "matches" a week on set days.

Basically i'm thinking along the lines of football leagues, they're pretty much adaptable for most games so makes the most sense. 3 points for the win and 1 point for a draw. We can have damage difference instead of goal difference and so on.

We would just need someone with forum knowledge to run that side of it though, to keep the leagues upto date, and maybe organise the fixtures.
01-25-2009 18:00 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wait, so its grouped?? Would it be like this??

Points / Clan Name

Group 1
11772 DB
11689 BoS

Group 2
7249 Vault 13
7106 The Source
5941 Boot Camp
5548 Family of Darkness
5443 The Ceaseless Rebels

Group 3
4242 Endbringers
4144 The Coven
3612 Clockers
3170 FALLEN ONES

Group 4
2696 Bloodline Prophesy
2222 assoiffes
2067 Satans Playground
1871 REBORN
1828 HomeLess Lions
1535 EndBeginners

Group 5
1485 Last Ones Standing
1379 Night Lords
1362 Blood in Blood out
1321 Children of Satan
1041 The Jokers
1030 Fallen Angel

And just like the tattoo wars, if u can beat the other clan 3 times, you can move up/take its place??? Maybe you can only move up a group if your leader of your group??

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

01-25-2009 18:31 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
mikem

Registration Date: 05-01-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

Leagues Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The idea has possibilities, but would need more organisation and discipline than I currently see on the server. Sieges are still like cat herding.

Looking at the clan spread with DB/BoS way out there on points it will be hard to have leagues without reasonably strict rules. For example:

1. You would need some kind of points/numbers limit that would allow clans with some variance of size to fight on equal terms

2. You would need much stronger co-operation between clan leaders

3. You would need stronger leadership within clans, especially where some of the top mercs are concerned.

I think it is much more likely to work well between two clans than as a league as it is more likely two clans can agree terms and rules than the server. Or more specifically it is more likely that an agreement between two clans will be honoured.

The maturity level of players and clans on this server needs to rise before a league system that is viable will work.

My personal feeling is that we are closing in on a point where there needs to be more co-operation between clans and clan leaders as the z3 squares run out, z2 is filled and z1 has been opened

If we can mature to that point there is real potential that we could have war leagues, cross cutting expedition teams, better development of new players, better sharing of equipment for building etc etc.

It needs us to move from a strength = success to a collaboration = success paradigm (way of thinking). I'm not holding my breath waiting as blue doesn't suit me, but I'm up for giving it a try.

Xyr

Co-Leader of Boot Camp

01-25-2009 18:41 mikem is offline Homepage of mikem Search for Posts by mikem Add mikem to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

Registration Date: 12-13-2007

i was thinking more along the lines of 2 or more leagues, as in....

Division 1

11772 DB
11689 BoS
7249 Vault 13
7106 The Source
5941 Boot Camp
5548 Family of Darkness
5443 The Ceaseless Rebels
4242 Endbringers
4144 The Coven
3612 Clockers
3170 FALLEN ONES

Division 2

2696 Bloodline Prophesy
2222 assoiffes
2067 Satans Playground
1871 REBORN
1828 HomeLess Lions
1535 EndBeginners
1485 Last Ones Standing
1379 Night Lords
1362 Blood in Blood out
1321 Children of Satan
1041 The Jokers
1030 Fallen Angel

We also have to remember that there are other clans below these ones that may want to get involved too, so the whole thing could stretch over 3 or more leagues.

Obviously our clans never stay the same, with people going out mercing and others coming in from time to time. So just because DB have the most points at the moment, if they have 2 or 3 people out mercing and it's their siege night, they wont be able to accept those people back in and will have to fight 3 people down, giving those lower clans a chance to win.
01-25-2009 18:45 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
DemonDude2
Lord

Just work it like the tattoo wars are done seems the easyest best solution.

First problem that comes to everyones mind is mercs, but if the entire first page of clans are involved you will see a lot more people starting to feel a lot safer at home, while also growing a sense of need to protect that home.

So its possable that the amount of mercs would dissapear!! i.e. if this league does start up, i can predict myself staying in END, and id wana stay to ensure they dont lose any!!

At the end of every month it would be very kool to have an overall winner of every section, have it noted down i,e, winner of group a is, winner of group b is etc.

You can have a seperate closed thread just for the best/worst!!

@ Nayrlien - i dunno about DB and BoS, their kinda in a laegue of their own , so having their own group makes sense!! And if mercs do die down, then id def. not have that large tables as, unlike football, Blood Wars doesnt solely rely on skill, its not a case of having a good night and playing better than u normally would. Fallen ones could never beat V13 in a full out war!! So having them in the same table is kind of unfair!!

01-25-2009 18:59 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Helldemon
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Helldemon

DB and bos are in league's of their own in terms of individual players, but most of us directly below them have 10 members extra and can help make up for it, specially if tactics are right. But if people are uncomfortable then we could do a handicap system say if the points different is to great like maybe not using arcana on the higher points side

01-25-2009 19:48 Helldemon is offline Search for Posts by Helldemon Add Helldemon to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Does anyine honestly think this will happen? there are multible threads about "war" each of which came to nothing (cept the v13-source one)

and there is defo no way db and bos will even comtemplate seiging each other, giving the other side poh... i dont see it happening Wink
01-26-2009 07:54 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

A war league is a great idea - it has been discussed before, but without any suggestion of proper structure - that's where the problem lies.

If a handfull of people where willing to talk it over & set up a structure, AND the rest of the server were willing to accept that structure without too much bickering or complaining, then it could work.

The organisation would be a b**ch, and I'm not sure it would be that fun. But the actual taking part would be brilliant. And if the Dves aren't going to bring in any kind of competition element to sieging & getting poh (as they previously suggested on several occasions), then I guess it's up to us to do it ourselves.

I think the "football" league structure is probably the best to follow, as we could adapt the league format to the BW situation.

1) Split the clans into leagues.
2) Set up a table on the forum.
3) Agree a number of times each clan "wars" with each other within their league.
4) Allocate "points" for a win, lose, or draw.
5) The winner of each league, gets the opportunity to go up into the next league.
6) The loser of each league gets demoted to the league below.

How's that for a basic structure? Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-26-2009 12:49 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Helldemon
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Helldemon

We can make a start on it if all leaders or deputy's reply on if their interested so we can get an idea on numbers

01-26-2009 21:30 Helldemon is offline Search for Posts by Helldemon Add Helldemon to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

I'm interested but would like to get my clan's opinion first. Though I am sure they'd all be up for it. I mean heck, I was one of the ones who suggested POH siege wars in the first place. A PoH siege league would actually put that into action.
Normally I would volunteer to help organize but I'm usually not on till really late server time (though still early for me) and between work and finishing the BW story, I'm a bit tied up.
I do want to make one suggestion though. Points are great to go by and all that, BUT I have seen some medium level pointers do the damage of high level pointers and I have seen a clan delibratly go all ranged to pull a siege in their favor even though that clan was all under 250 points or so.
Instead of going by points, leaders should organize based on what they know their members can do in a siege.
And I agree with Titan. There was so much enthusiam over other 'war' threads (like my own for example) but nothing came out of it.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-27-2009 01:16 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Scyanide
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-29-2008
Clan: .DB.

interesting idea ... but i think it will not work out ...

its very hard work to prepare everything, someone will have to set up timetables for this ...

i cant see its successful...
01-27-2009 08:21 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Things like this are only un-succesful if people don't put some effort. I am willing to help do some organising... any other deputies/leaders wanna do the same?

But as I said above - if a handful of people organise it, will everyone else actually take part??

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-27-2009 09:01 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

If all the clan leaders take part, then all it is pre arranged sieges really!! And all the honor of winning on top is a lot of encouragement to join the siege!!

And if they dont join or even apply to the league, it dont matter, as even 3 clans to start the thing, then people will see how fun it can be and the league can grow!!

01-27-2009 10:09 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Yes, it will be like pre-arranged sieges - it have to be - otherwise you cannot construct a league.

But the actual sieges will not have the same structure as pre-arranged poh sieges. My thought on the league is that is not to win poh. It is to win the title of top of the league!

Hence the (Hell's & Lien's) thought of running it like a football league.

Something like this:-

**EXAMPLE**

WAR LEAGUE
Divison 1
DB
BoS
Vault 13
The Source
Boot Camp
Family of Darkness
The Ceaseless Rebels
Endbringers
The Coven
Clockers
FALLEN ONES

DB Siege Schedule:
DB vrs BoS = win for DB
DB vrs V13 = win for V13
DB vrs Source = win for DB
DB vrs BCR = win for BCR
DB vrs Dark
DB vrs TCR
DB vrs END
DB vrs Coven
DB vrs LIG
Db vrs FALL

BoS Siege Schedule:
BoS vrs DB = win for DB
BoS vrs V13 = win for BoS
BoS vrs Source = win for BoS
BoS vrs BCR = win for BCR
BoS vrs vrs Dark
BoS vrs TCR
BoS vrs END
BoS vrs Coven
BoS vrs LIG
Bos vrs FALL

etc, etc, so that each clan in divison 1 sieges all the other clans twice.

Then you have a results table:
(2 points for a win, 1 point for draw 0 points for loss)

Division 1
6pts - DB
4pts - BoS
2pts - V13
4pts - BCR
0pts - Source (hey - how'd that happen! Tongue )
...and so on.

You get what I mean? Big Grin

I think a few of think this could be lots of fun, but the trouble is not many people actualy us or look at the Forum, other than to advertise something they are auctioning. Frown

We need more thoughts / suggestions / imput / agreement from clan leaders please.

We also need a prize.
Hey DEVS, fancy making a nice big shiny cup we can pass around! Big Grin Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 01-27-2009 13:09.

01-27-2009 13:08 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Jimferatu

images/avatars/avatar-115.gif

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: V13 & BoS

I really like this idea a lot, but without the devs help in making this sort of thing simpler it may be biting off too much too soon. We don't want to run before we can walk!

How about a slight compromise - A knockout competition?

It could be totally random draws (although somebody wold have to be trusted to physically do this and post the result here) Perhaps a friendly (and responsive) dev? (if such a thing exists!) Smile

It may be that some clans should be seeded, but personally I would not want this.

Also, once you "play" for one team (clan) you are then 'cup-tied' and cannot play for another team. It would be up to clan leaders to monitor who has already played for a team which should be easy enough if all results are posted here. If a team plays a cup-tied player then they would be kicked out of the competition! This should help stop the Mercs problems although will not completely eradicate it.

A cup would mean a lot less organising of fixtures and ALL clans can be involved in the draw - If they don't want to take part the other side get a bye to the next round!

How does this sound?

01-27-2009 13:20 Jimferatu is offline Search for Posts by Jimferatu Add Jimferatu to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Jimferatu
Also, once you "play" for one team (clan) you are then 'cup-tied' and cannot play for another team. It would be up to clan leaders to monitor who has already played for a team which should be easy enough if all results are posted here. If a team plays a cup-tied player then they would be kicked out of the competition! This should help stop the Mercs problems although will not completely eradicate it.

Thats a really great idea!! =D

And i agree, not enough people come onto the forums, but that doesnt stop us from sending IG messages to set it up!! And a lot of clans have their own forum/chat!!

01-27-2009 13:31 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Jimferatu

images/avatars/avatar-115.gif

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: V13 & BoS

As an afterthought, maybe the teams/clans that are actively taking part in the cup (and do not wish to be kicked out by playing an illegal player) should post onto their Clan Descrpition page their playing squad for the upcoming season? That way, you stick to the players that are in your squad and if they aint available then they don't play!

01-27-2009 13:45 Jimferatu is offline Search for Posts by Jimferatu Add Jimferatu to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Battlefield » Battlefield - Underworld » War League

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH