Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Auction war » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Auction war
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatiana

Registration Date: 05-01-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS/V13

Auction war Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wonder why people keep bidding on item when the item is not even close to end.
I'm not talking here of people who won't be around when the auction end.
It just make the price raise ( i have nothin against that, often it give me lot of stones ).
But, in my opinion when you want somethin, you wait till the last moment to bid no?
I just find this funnySmile

edit: 2 auction won in 1 hours hehe. got 1 because the server was updating lmao. funny.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatiana: 02-12-2009 15:47.

02-12-2009 15:33 tatiana is offline Search for Posts by tatiana Add tatiana to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But, as you say, a lot of people wont be online when the auction ends, so try to scare off people with high bids.

Although i've never understood the logic of people who up the bid by the minimum increment, days before the auction is due to end.
02-12-2009 15:37 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

images/avatars/avatar-397.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: Vault 13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I purposely wait till near the end of the auction just in case my bid encourages other people to bid on an item I want. I've lost too many things through bidding wars!

02-13-2009 00:29 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Ever consider that people do it on purpose to jack up the price for those they know really want it. People post on the buyer/seller threads all the time. It's easy to see who wants specific items. If you know a few people are after an item and don't want them to have it, or want them to use as many stones as possible. It's a different part of game strategy...make the enemy pay through the a$$ for stuff they want. Not saying I do that, but I do know it happens. Obvioudly if you can be around for the end of an auction, it's best to save bidding for then, but that's often not possible.

02-13-2009 00:37 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by Hespera
Ever consider that people do it on purpose to jack up the price for those they know really want it. People post on the buyer/seller threads all the time. It's easy to see who wants specific items. If you know a few people are after an item and don't want them to have it, or want them to use as many stones as possible. It's a different part of game strategy...make the enemy pay through the a$$ for stuff they want. Not saying I do that, but I do know it happens. Obvioudly if you can be around for the end of an auction, it's best to save bidding for then, but that's often not possible.

Good point Hespera, i do recall being in the IRC one day as an item i wanted was nearing it's end and actually saw someone admit they didn't particularly want the item, but thought it was going for too cheap, so kept outbidding merely to raise the price. (They didn't realise i was bidding on it)
02-13-2009 00:41 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

images/avatars/avatar-397.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: Vault 13

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu

Good point Hespera, i do recall being in the IRC one day as an item i wanted was nearing it's end and actually saw someone admit they didn't particularly want the item, but thought it was going for too cheap, so kept outbidding merely to raise the price. (They didn't realise i was bidding on it)

What business is it of other people what price items are selling for on auction, unless the item is theirs?? That's just being vindictive and quite sad.

02-13-2009 00:49 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Auction war

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH