Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » I don't know anymore... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I don't know anymore... 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.33
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

I don't know anymore... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A lot of these kind of threads have popped up recently and let me just say yeah I guess I'm hopping on the bandwagon. Warning: wall of text ahead.

Because of not-so recent events, I've been playing with the idea to actually disban DARK and leave the game. Not just leave by going on vacation but actually deleting my character through dev/admin permission and what not, kind of like what Arty did.

Why? Quite a few reasons and in no particular order of importance.

1) I rarely find anything good on quests and when I do I either don't need it and it sells for next to nothing or it's really not all it's cracked up to be. Before anyone says it: yes I know, no one find anything good on quests and it's all up to the random number generator that seems to hate us all. It's pretty sad and pathedic that I'm one of the few in the top 100 who can NEVER and yes I do mean never gain stones except by leveling. I'm not even hoarding anything, I've been trying to sell all my stuff and it's useless.

2) I can't gain stones worth crap, literally the most I've ever had was 4SS and those went towards upgrading something through the ritual. If I can't gain stones, I can't buy the stuff I need since I can't find it in quests, I need to buy it... see the issue?

3) I can't even maintain blood anymore. Everyone and their uncle are able to beat me even with 4 hits, 124 agility WITH a legendary item and about 120 defense. Better yet because of my lack of stones, lack of luck, I can't buy the rep gear I need to get in on anyone. Basically I can attack about 3 people around me and level up while I get ambushed every hour by people 10 levels lower then me and lose. Probably because most the people coming in on me are ranged or really high level players. I understand the lower levels but why people in the top 20 insist on ambushing me when I have NOTHING to give them is beyond me.

4) It seems like no matter what I say, half my clan doesn't even seem to care. As shown in the recent Source PoH sieges. There's a few really great guys and girls in there, don't get me wrong. But most of them seem not to give two ***** what happens to the rest of us. And I hate to say it in a public place but it seems like some of the original DARK members don't even give a crap what happens in clan nowadays. A few of them seem only to use us for the occasional PoH siege or expo then take off again. It feels like through most of the time DARK has been around we're just used as some kind of stepping stone to clans like DB, Source, boS, BC-R and what not.
I'm getting sick of helping low-medium level members gain badges and points, say they're loyal to DARK then take off once they hit about 300 points never to be seen again. Or seen only when it's convient for them.

5) It seems like no matter who I talk to or what I say, no other clan on the board wants anything to do with us. Say what you will but hardly no one answers me or my deputy when we ask for PoH sieges, and when we do set up things that benifit the other clan (like equal trading for sqaures to help members in Z4 get a taste of Z3) we get something to the effect of: "Hey awesome, let's do it!" Then don't hear from them again.

6) The only thing I can do is quest. And even then, more then half of them fail or I get the ones I have a low percentage of passing. Yes, I know, RNG. But literally this has been happening for the past few months or more. Doesn't seem random to me.

7) I can't level up due to the fact of no clan wanting to PoH siege with us (or when they do we don't get a return-made better by the new patch thanks) and since I can't attack anyone, I can't gain honor. All I can do is pass my 8-10 quests a night and hope it gives me enough to get my next point. DARK has literally gone through almost two FULL MONTHS of having NO poh sieges and NO honor because no one is responding back to our messages even if we offer return seiges. To BC-R, I thank you for offering.

Cool I just got a somewhat promotion at work (woot) so now my game time is even more limited since I have no time to log in during the day. Furthermore, I can't log in much at night because I do want some kind of social life and to spend some time with my fiancee and staying on BW all night really doesn't promote that.

9) The game just isn't fun anymore. I can't get in on any fights, I'm getting my butt kicked by everyone, I can't get honor for me or my clan, I can't go into expos, I can't get new gear that I need, I can't DO anything. I sometimes dread logging in at night because there's really nothing to do but talk to people and even then they wander off because of the 5 hour difference in time or because I don't want to talk because of all the crap I deal with in game.

10) I'm not where I wanted to be at this level because of various reasons and I doubt I'm ever going to achieve what I want anytime soon because of the above.

11) I get no respect from the people who farm me. When I change my provendence, I actually think maybe, just maybe, they'll leave me alone for that hour or to so I can keep my 1000L of blood for a siege or expo. Nope, I'm just naive I guess in thinking that. I give people that common curtisy if they put something like that up, I would appreciate if it was resipricated.

In summation: I'm sick and tired of people using my clan as a stepping stone to other clans. If you're really DARK at heart, you wouldn't give a damn about leveling and you wouldn't give a damn about honor when we go through a drought. I'm sick and tired of not getting response from other leaders about PoH sieges or when we do actually get a response, we don't get our win. I'm sick and tired of not being able to level up because I can't get the stones I need to get better gear or different gear to attack people. I'm sick and tired of being farmed by ranged players because I can't defend (because of lack of stones) and I'm sick and tired of being farmed by people in the top 30 for no reason since I never have resources. Like 5 honor is going to make a difference. I'm sick and tired of failing every quest or at least half of them for the past few months.

The only thing keeping me here right now is the fact that those few people in DARK who actually care about the clan would literally be lost if I left. I can't do that to them. I created DARK with intentions to have one team working together for one common goal of becoming strong together. That is, sharing honor, sticking around and helping lower levels ext. I have all of maybe 17 people in clan who even bother to show up half the time for sieges, maybe 10 of those share my views.

It's just been one stupid thing after another and I guess this thing with Source made me realize how little people actually care even though they're in DARK. I can't remember how many messages were sent out to join those sieges yet the most we got was 24 participants out of 34. Not only that but half the people who never did end up in a siege had been online during the time it was taking place. It's ironic really, the only reason I haven't left yet is the clan yet some of them don't give a crap.

Where did all this come from you ask, since I've shown no other indication of all this? I'm good at keeping things hidden so to speak. I guess I finally 'snapped' so to say, it's been bottled up for too long and it needed to get out before festering and making me snap at someone I don't want to snap at. There's another major point I want to make but really I can't be bothered to argue with the people that are really pissing me off on this server because they think they're right when really they've just been using DARK for their own gain.

No I'm not planning to go anywhere, like I said, I couldn't disban DARK in good concious because of those few members who actually care about the clan. sparxs, you have been the best deputy I've had besides my own brother and besides DeathJam. Daniel86, DeathJam, Lestat, Dragonaian, aaammm, Xtf, Angelis, Set, Battleox, bobalob, shaza, gamecrow, Bat, souleater, Viyla, Anzu, Auguria, dyson, dasix, swordblade, biffa, Drater, Sasuke, faceeater (even though you bounce between DARK and COS, it's understandable), you are my motivation for staying. You were the ones in every siege no matter what, who never complained when we got slaughtered, who came back trying harder or trying something new. And not just the Source sieges, you have all been in every siege, every fight and stood by the DARK name since joining. None of you (minus face) have left during the rough times and I thank you all. A few are Night members but I can see your loyalty to the DARK/Night alliance and I thank you.
For those not mentioned, you weren't mentioned for various reasons, some I may have forgot. Depending on my mood, I might or might not tell you why. If you really want to know, try and message Lest. I've ranted to him enough about all this and he'll be brutally honest.

Yes, basically this is one big rant that essentually means nothing, so what consider it my potential leaving letter. Warn me for it being too off topic or not contributing to the boards or what not, I really could care less. It's not like I actually log into the boards. This probably could have gone in the screaming room but I didn't want to take up an entire page thanks.

/rant I'm going to sleep.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

03-04-2009 03:44 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
11) I get no respect from the people who farm me. When I change my provendence, I actually think maybe, just maybe, they'll leave me alone for that hour or to so I can keep my 1000L of blood for a siege or expo. Nope, I'm just naive I guess in thinking that. I give people that common curtisy if they put something like that up, I would appreciate if it was resipricated.

Sorry.

Well all I can say is that a change of tattoos might be in order, but then, you don't have stones... just when my resolve flagged i fuond a legendary sniper rifle. Keep going, it'll pay off. but then you must live too.

I suppose it's a fine line...

We'll miss you if you go, you're fun to chat to late at night .. though I'll usurp your members Big Grin

Your imperfection.
03-04-2009 04:36 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Lasher

Registration Date: 01-04-2009
Race in game: Cultist

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
1) I rarely find anything good on quests and when I do I either don't need it and it sells for next to nothing or it's really not all it's cracked up to be. Before anyone says it: yes I know, no one find anything good on quests and it's all up to the random number generator that seems to hate us all. It's pretty sad and pathedic that I'm one of the few in the top 100 who can NEVER and yes I do mean never gain stones except by leveling. I'm not even hoarding anything, I've been trying to sell all my stuff and it's useless.

Okay i'm not going to sya it's because of that damn random generator, but i'll say to you this, i'm not a high lvl i'm just 37pts in the game, but i never found anything worthwhile anyways, i only found 4 stuff witch i like and that is: 1xMurderous Mace, 1x Corset of Adrenaline(found it yesterday) and 2x Lifestone and 1HS witch i screwed up 9HS and 3LS trying to upgrade an item this is because of the random low performence junk generator, okay i passed over that, but other then that i find othing good, and even that i'm only 37pts i had other chars before this as well and on them i didn't found anything oh and did i mention i play since april? Yep! The best things i've found in 11months was the stuff i wrote above.

quote:
2) I can't gain stones worth crap, literally the most I've ever had was 4SS and those went towards upgrading something through the ritual. If I can't gain stones, I can't buy the stuff I need since I can't find it in quests, I need to buy it... see the issue?

I'm on my way to leave myself weaponless to be able to buy 2 damn Antique Daggers since i'm getting my butt kicked by a tone of people because of insufficient agility...and stones? The only way you'll find stones in this game is if you're runned up by a TRUCK OF LUCK! And no, i mean good luck not bad luck...

quote:
3) I can't even maintain blood anymore. Everyone and their uncle are able to beat me even with 4 hits, 124 agility WITH a legendary item and about 120 defense. Better yet because of my lack of stones, lack of luck, I can't buy the rep gear I need to get in on anyone. Basically I can attack about 3 people around me and level up while I get ambushed every hour by people 10 levels lower then me and lose. Probably because most the people coming in on me are ranged or really high level players. I understand the lower levels but why people in the top 20 insist on ambushing me when I have NOTHING to give them is beyond me.

I have no problems against lower lvl-s i win 98% of the lower lvl ambushes on me and againbs thigher lvl-s i win some of them as well but yeah there are a few stubern and brianless high lvl people witch builded they're chars wrong and becaus eof that the only way they can beat someone if it's they farm lower lvl players then them so they can get some exp, i honnestly hate thoes guys, and i ge tlike 3-4defeats/day as well and 8wins/day(if my ambushes are succesful) i for one only attack/farm iactive or active ccounts but only higher then me, not lower or equal, just higer, it's soemthing i do, i don't like to get blood and people from lower peeps even if alot of you are doing so, i play after my book and my rules.

quote:
4) It seems like no matter what I say, half my clan doesn't even seem to care. As shown in the recent Source PoH sieges. There's a few really great guys and girls in there, don't get me wrong. But most of them seem not to give two ***** what happens to the rest of us. And I hate to say it in a public place but it seems like some of the original DARK members don't even give a crap what happens in clan nowadays. A few of them seem only to use us for the occasional PoH siege or expo then take off again. It feels like through most of the time DARK has been around we're just used as some kind of stepping stone to clans like DB, Source, boS, BC-R and what not.
I'm getting sick of helping low-medium level members gain badges and points, say they're loyal to DARK then take off once they hit about 300 points never to be seen again. Or seen only when it's convient for them.

Okay, where do i start? Fisrt of all you can't make people follow what you say since, alot of them just don't listen, you can send out 10MASS messeges with the same thing over and over again but only some of you're members will listen, and this is not only happening in you're clan L it happens all around, and about people saying they're loyal and then leaving, well...it's about erm...idk what's the word in english, but i'll try and explain anyways, it's about how you are raised and if you're a man of you're word, i honnestly never breake my promises or get out of my word(if i don't have to do with people witch don't respect me, if i do well screw them cause they'e got no honnor)and about peeps coming in for PoH or expos, it happens in any clan they're mercs, people witch they like to grow in pts as fast as possible so you cand do nothing about it just decide who you let in and help you and you're clan mates in expos/sieges and who not to let in.

quote:
5) It seems like no matter who I talk to or what I say, no other clan on the board wants anything to do with us. Say what you will but hardly no one answers me or my deputy when we ask for PoH sieges, and when we do set up things that benifit the other clan (like equal trading for sqaures to help members in Z4 get a taste of Z3) we get something to the effect of: "Hey awesome, let's do it!" Then don't hear from them again.

quote:
6) The only thing I can do is quest. And even then, more then half of them fail or I get the ones I have a low percentage of passing. Yes, I know, RNG. But literally this has been happening for the past few months or more. Doesn't seem random to me.

I have to agree with you on this one, that random generator is the cheapest there is(waiting for mods and operators to messege me: "If you don't like it quit, no one's forcing you to play BW" and that's why i play it cause it's free and it's really hard after a one-two point, i'm a berserker and all the quests i ge tlook like this chance for rep 90% FAILED, chance for agility 90% FAILED, chance for perception 10% Succeeded, now WTF? I know it's hard but common! When i borrow stuff from cvlan armory to do a quest it always faisl and hey it's always 45-75% but stil faisl you gotta do it alot more times then once, tough if you're a lucky person you'll finish it within the first try. Only thing i can say is...Commo'n peeps increase the chances of finding good stuff in the game and increase the chances of a succesful quest(not that it's going to happen heh)

quote:
7) I can't level up due to the fact of no clan wanting to PoH siege with us (or when they do we don't get a return-made better by the new patch thanks) and since I can't attack anyone, I can't gain honor. All I can do is pass my 8-10 quests a night and hope it gives me enough to get my next point. DARK has literally gone through almost two FULL MONTHS of having NO poh sieges and NO honor because no one is responding back to our messages even if we offer return seiges. To BC-R, I thank you for offering.

Well, in my opinion every clan has they're oun time of crisis, we once didn't had no siege except werewolf sieges, for almost a month and a half that was long time ago but stil it happens, it was very quiet no threats to our clan no sieges against other people either. And the thing i think witch botters you the most is that you feel that the clans name depends on you, well...WRONG! You're doing and giving the best you can, but if people are ignorants don't take they're falts on you're shoulders, our leader got some rules in the clan if you miss 3 sieges withowt a good reason you're out at first i thought that were gonna lose all our members because of that, but no, to my surprise, alot of people started joining and our clan started growing from rank 21 to 18-15i'm not in the strongest clan in the game but it's nice sinc ethe clan is full of nice people(especially the clan leader Wink ) You just have to go easyer on your'self and if people just don't want to listen to you, kick them, they cna be 2kpts but if they don't respect you or you're decisions they don't desurve to cary the name of DARK. That's all i can say here.

quote:
Cool I just got a somewhat promotion at work (woot) so now my game time is even more limited since I have no time to log in during the day. Furthermore, I can't log in much at night because I do want some kind of social life and to spend some time with my fiancee and staying on BW all night really doesn't promote that.

Why don't you quit being a premium then? I'm not a premium and i make 2pts/week MAX 3 but that's when i'm DAMN LUCKY! happens liek 3-4times a year lol.

quote:
9) The game just isn't fun anymore. I can't get in on any fights, I'm getting my butt kicked by everyone, I can't get honor for me or my clan, I can't go into expos, I can't get new gear that I need, I can't DO anything. I sometimes dread logging in at night because there's really nothing to do but talk to people and even then they wander off because of the 5 hour difference in time or because I don't want to talk because of all the crap I deal with in game.

I'm most of the times in a bad mood as well or people witch piss me off they're PM me and i just don't talk to them at all.
I know ain't nice but as i sayd i'm rearely in a good mood and when i feel that i'm going to upset that person because of not being on earth at that time, i jsut tell them i'm busy and sit till i chill off. Getting new year it did started to be really hard and that's because of greedy people witch put good stuff on auction at a price witch it just dosen't sell or just 1-2peeps 500pts+ can buy them, i for one need stuff witch costs SS and only got LS-s at the moment so getting new weapons and gear is out of the question all i can do is try and lvl up fast and get stones from there, and about PoH with you're clan it's what i sayd about ignorants, if they don't listen to you and start joining like stupid or just don't log in or want to join again, failure is instaured for the clan because of that.

quote:
10) I'm not where I wanted to be at this level because of various reasons and I doubt I'm ever going to achieve what I want anytime soon because of the above.

AS i wrote above as well, i just have to deal with the defeats i'm getting at the moment because with my friendly knifes atm i have 69rep withowt them and with my new Antique ones i have 36rep witch i'll never have a succesful ambush against peeps higher thne me in this lifetime, but because i can't get a cape of death sower atm becausde of insufficient stones i can't use antique daggers, so the only thing i have to deal with is that i'll soon win the 1mil defeats badge, but hopefully after i achieve my purpose and get some more stones i can payback some of my "buddies".

quote:

I get no respect by a bunch of people farming me, i had 70k people, now i got well, it dosen't matter i don't want to become more farmed then i already am. I see you're playing this game for a long time, maybe all you need is a break for a few months away from the game, and very very much patience, i for one am a hothead and getting angry and offended very easely but i get over it in a few hours if i'm left alone. And as i sayd about respect it's about how you grow up and if you're a man of you're word, you can't make the world be as honnest or as nice as you ar eor other are y'know? Maybe the hardest thing is because of the clan, maybe you need to disband after all and get rid of all this pressure witch is upon you. Idk i can't help you much really, i'm just a silly kid withc plays a BBG nothing else, i just hope things will turn more blue for you then they are now...

quote:
In summation: I'm sick and tired of people using my clan as a stepping stone to other clans. If you're really DARK at heart, you wouldn't give a damn about leveling and you wouldn't give a damn about honor when we go through a drought. I'm sick and tired of not getting response from other leaders about PoH sieges or when we do actually get a response, we don't get our win. I'm sick and tired of not being able to level up because I can't get the stones I need to get better gear or different gear to attack people. I'm sick and tired of being farmed by ranged players because I can't defend (because of lack of stones) and I'm sick and tired of being farmed by people in the top 30 for no reason since I never have resources. Like 5 honor is going to make a difference. I'm sick and tired of failing every quest or at least half of them for the past few months.

The only thing keeping me here right now is the fact that those few people in DARK who actually care about the clan would literally be lost if I left. I can't do that to them. I created DARK with intentions to have one team working together for one common goal of becoming strong together. That is, sharing honor, sticking around and helping lower levels ext. I have all of maybe 17 people in clan who even bother to show up half the time for sieges, maybe 10 of those share my views.

It's just been one stupid thing after another and I guess this thing with Source made me realize how little people actually care even though they're in DARK. I can't remember how many messages were sent out to join those sieges yet the most we got was 24 participants out of 34. Not only that but half the people who never did end up in a siege had been online during the time it was taking place. It's ironic really, the only reason I haven't left yet is the clan yet some of them don't give a crap.

Where did all this come from you ask, since I've shown no other indication of all this? I'm good at keeping things hidden so to speak. I guess I finally 'snapped' so to say, it's been bottled up for too long and it needed to get out before festering and making me snap at someone I don't want to snap at. There's another major point I want to make but really I can't be bothered to argue with the people that are really pissing me off on this server because they think they're right when really they've just been using DARK for their own gain.

No I'm not planning to go anywhere, like I said, I couldn't disban DARK in good concious because of those few members who actually care about the clan. sparxs, you have been the best deputy I've had besides my own brother and besides DeathJam. Daniel86, DeathJam, Lestat, Dragonaian, aaammm, Xtf, Angelis, Set, Battleox, bobalob, shaza, gamecrow, Bat, souleater, Viyla, Anzu, Auguria, dyson, dasix, swordblade, biffa, Drater, Sasuke, faceeater (even though you bounce between DARK and COS, it's understandable), you are my motivation for staying. You were the ones in every siege no matter what, who never complained when we got slaughtered, who came back trying harder or trying something new. And not just the Source sieges, you have all been in every siege, every fight and stood by the DARK name since joining. None of you (minus face) have left during the rough times and I thank you all. A few are Night members but I can see your loyalty to the DARK/Night alliance and I thank you.
For those not mentioned, you weren't mentioned for various reasons, some I may have forgot. Depending on my mood, I might or might not tell you why. If you really want to know, try and message Lest. I've ranted to him enough about all this and he'll be brutally honest.

Yes, basically this is one big rant that essentually means nothing, so what consider it my potential leaving letter. Warn me for it being too off topic or not contributing to the boards or what not, I really could care less. It's not like I actually log into the boards. This probably could have gone in the screaming room but I didn't want to take up an entire page thanks.

rant I'm going to sleep.

Then why don't you ditch the lowlife members and keep only thoes witch are loyal and good friends? I for one don't care in what clan i am if they are nic,e i'm respected and they help when it;s about defending squares, for example the clan i'm in aren't the best at taking squares but they are hell of a lads when it's about defending them, eithe rif you're 3pts or 300 if you're square is threathened they call for backup or talk to the people in the clan witch they are sieging us and they will eventually stop the siege. Lysandra you don't need stupid members so you're clan to be on rank 5, ditch the bad members and remake the clan with you're old and loyal friends. It's like one of the people on the forum with his quote like "I'd rather have 1 friend then 1000 of them" Exacly what's in you're situation, separe the good apples from the bad ones, and everything will go alright, well...at least with the clan and PoH thing anyways, about you getting farmed and not having stones to get the desired gear i relaly can't help, it's just about patience i guess...hope this helped and made you feel at least half better then before.

03-04-2009 09:58 Lasher is offline Homepage of Lasher Search for Posts by Lasher Add Lasher to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Lasher: N/A YIM Account Name of Lasher: N/A View the MSN Profile for Lasher
tatiana

Registration Date: 05-01-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS/V13

oh my.... like you said.. don't leave...
03-04-2009 18:21 tatiana is offline Search for Posts by tatiana Add tatiana to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

lysandra, i cant really argue against the points, as alot of them make sence, but i would just like to say a few things.

fair enough that you need more time, but you could always do similer to what lestat did, disband dark and have it reformed under new leadership, and just have the account there incase you ever want to spend a hour or so doing some bw stuff. it would also serve to make sure that the people who want to remain in dark can, and get rid of the people who don't care.

also incase anyone ever has any problems with the rng, heres my one. it works on excel and you need to have the macro security set to medium [in tools], just change the percentage in the if formula [pass/fail box] and click run [max 'number of flips' is 30000]
03-04-2009 18:42 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

the best thing to do is leave the clan and use other clan as a steeping clan.. gotta move along with the changess... whether u like or not. if u wanna play the game then being a clan leader is the last thing u wanna do... unless u are in top 25 or you have gd players on your clan or you have the ability to influence ur clan members (gains points fast, being awesome)

also in ur clan what sort of expos are u doing?? let me guesss smaller mobs and its past ur optimal lvl as well... something like that right... (most of the time)

why do people quit ur clan lets see... they advance too quick and past the optimal level of expos in your clan, does your clan members gains 1 point per day? do you lot have blood items? any sets?

cause people only stay in a clan MAINLY for expos and good exp.

as for ur blood problems... u have millions of chances to buy items of auction... or look through the merge list and try to merge items here and there... ur tattoo dun have to work in order to defeat other players now does it? to defeat sniper all u need is a lot of rep and 50 strength even... thats all... and i remember u saying BK is challenging. first choose a easy path go to high rank and get boored of tatttoo then do something to challenge u. dun jus start off with a challenge and say "oh i dun have stones to buy what i want.. and all that crap....

03-04-2009 19:17 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Lys, i'm DEFO one of those members that'd be lost if you left, hell i had to ask you which clan to stay in, DARK or NIGHT because making the choice myself was too hard -.- but do what lasher said, get rid of the un-loyal members, and keep the loyal ones, you KNOW i've always been loyal to DARK (even though i just jumped back to NIGHT, but hell, i did say i'd be there for the war, lost POH in each war, laughed in the end, and came back to Night, the brother clan) and for the ones who ARE loyal (and ain't POH hogs/mercs) you KNOW they'd stay, join, and fight with you despite what our losses could be.

And as you know, SOME of us don't mind earning small amounts of exp (since i've been in DARK, i've done only BD and WD, mainly because we couldn't phoenix, and also, was helping lower levels, would add one other high level then stuff in many other leveled players)

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE, i'd be pretty much in the middle of having to decide things for myself all the time... plus then i'd have no-one to say my stupid-ness to... well except your brother... but your messages are more interlecctual (spelling? and no offense lestat XD)

quote:
Originally posted by minshres
also in ur clan what sort of expos are u doing?? let me guesss smaller mobs and its past ur optimal lvl as well... something like that right... (most of the time)

Actually i think the clan is doing Golems and stuff like that (i don't know if that's a high mob, i don't know the order of the towers.

quote:
as for ur blood problems... u have millions of chances to buy items of auction... or look through the merge list and try to merge items here and there... ur tattoo dun have to work in order to defeat other players now does it? to defeat sniper all u need is a lot of rep and 50 strength even... thats all... and i remember u saying BK is challenging. first choose a easy path go to high rank and get boored of tatttoo then do something to challenge u. dun jus start off with a challenge and say "oh i dun have stones to buy what i want.. and all that crap....

Well... if you ever went for one of those "hard to work tattoos" then you'd realise that yes, the tattoo HAS to work for us to win our attacks, otherwise we might aswell go bare handed. And the reason we went straight for the challenge is because sometimes, the challenge is what makes the game more fun, and what sets us apart from others. Like when you, tiger, bensux, bighead etc was in DARK, you guys ALL went sniper, while i went hunter, it set me apart from you guys and showed i was unique, and also, it's alot harder for me to get my stats high, while keeping my tattoos working (like lys, ours are min defense, not max) and dealing crazy damage at the same time. (difference between me and other ranged is either they're not keeping their tattoos up but using shurikens, or they are and have some uber equips, obviously they had good drops, which sold for lots of stones)

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 03-04-2009 19:29.

03-04-2009 19:23 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Ooof, what to say?

Don't quit, is the first thing.

It's just a game. So treat it like one. You don't like the way you play, change it. I changed my tattoo a few months back, and I haven't looked back. But, I still know that I will change it again!

Minshres is right. Don't think about your tattoo holding you back. I know BK is hard, I've got one on the polish & french servers; but on the polish, I also have a gunner set up, & 1h melee set up, so I can farm the gits who take my blood! (on french, it is waaay hard, because the items there are so expensive on the auction)

With regards to the clan..... that's a tough one. But fixable. Cut loose the deadwood; recruit new blood - absorb a lower clan?
I've already said Source will always offer you poh sieges whenever you want, and we try our best to make it fair - win one / lose one scenario. The war will have taken it out of you - it's a draining experience - take a few days off - go into holiday mode, have a long wknd in the pub/bar whatever - get good & wasted with your fiancee & forget about the people who are "relying" on you for a bit - let them look after themselves for a few days. Wink

ps - you ever need blood - msg me in game, we can arrange something - having no blood shouldn't be in your list of annoyances. Smile

To sum up:
DON'T QUIT. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-04-2009 20:38 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Tempest

images/avatars/avatar-358.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: LGN

Same as you Lys ...

Totally fed up every point you've covered is virtually the same with me .

Everything I need I have to buy off auctions all upgrades fail .. stuff I want I merge when I level to get stones

quests fail ... what do beast master's find cart loads of maces !! Expo's waste of time and cant get anywhere struggled from day one.
I'm giving it a week .. if no improvement selling off my armoury deleting the account seriously fed up.

In Game Name TEMPEST
03-05-2009 00:27 Tempest is offline Search for Posts by Tempest Add Tempest to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOO

GIVE OVER WOMEN Big Grin

your not quitting .... i don't know you that well Lysandra but i still ain't gunna let you.... and stallis i'll keep wobbly bit slapping you woman

give overrrr..... this is a male gameee *cough* well more men play with game!! big up the ladies!!! come on .... keep going at it. going through a bad patch i've been there for like a year haha Wink but don't be silly i've been so close to quitting but i love the game...

now girlies shhh and don't be silly!!

we gotta keep the woman population up Big Grin so we can flash our wobbly bits haha

or i'll slap youuuu Big Grin and it won't be pretty Wink

haha LOOOVEEEE BEAAAAA!! XXX
03-05-2009 00:35
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Ladies, ladies.

I guarantee, talk to any player from top 100 and they will tell you they went through crappy stages during their rise. Hell I got whipped badly for a long time before I finally got my equip sorted out then shot up after that.

Also, an important factor to remember is you have to constantly adapt. There will always be someone with higher agility, perception or whatever so you have to figure out new ways to combat them.

Lys minshres is right, focus on snipers and wreck them a bit of rep.

If you're tattoo isnt working out, then change. It's fairly simple. Yea youve spent ages trying to perfect it, but so has everyone that changed at some stage. Sell your gear and start again.

With regards to the clan situation, I cant really comment as Ive been out of the loop for a while and haven't been in DARK since sometime last year on my old account.

Bottom line is, regardless of drop luck, expos failing, etc, you control how play the game and how you progress.

03-05-2009 00:45 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Lysandra
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lysandra

@Lasher, you're what 37 points? I'm 418 points. This entire stone thing, quest thing, whatever has been happening for the entire 418 points. Not so much the beatings, there have been a few cases where I was untouchable for a bit. But even so, in the entire time I've been here, I've found maybe what 2 stones of MS+. I've found a total of six good items in the entire year and a bit. Also, I can't just not buy premium because then I can't see who's in other clans or who's in sieges. As a leader, that sucks for organization.

quote:
the best thing to do is leave the clan and use other clan as a steeping clan.. gotta move along with the changess... whether u like or not. if u wanna play the game then being a clan leader is the last thing u wanna do... unless u are in top 25 or you have gd players on your clan or you have the ability to influence ur clan members (gains points fast, being awesome)

why do people quit ur clan lets see... they advance too quick and past the optimal level of expos in your clan, does your clan members gains 1 point per day? do you lot have blood items? any sets?

I'm sorry but your post annyoned me the most.
There's two ways to play this game: like you, and others: merc around until you decide to reside in the largest clan in the boards for your own personal gain and no one elses. If we all played the way you and others play, there would be no clans besides the top say 10 because no one would bother to make another clan because they knew themselves they would disban it out of greed to become the best. In my eyes, that's all some people play with in mind is greed to be #1. Sure, you need some kind of competative attitude, I'm not saying you don't. But some people are very willing to put aside their own needs for the needs of others and this is the other way to play.

I've said it countless times, I am not AND WILL NEVER play this game for myself. I'd rather help a bunch of lower-level and mediuum level people then rush my way to the top but that's just me and my morals I guess. I'd rather have a clan full of 100 pointers that stick around and go on birds and black dragons the rest of the game then have a clan with 15 300+ pointers and about 15 150-200 pointers who randomly come and go. To each his own. You have your way of play, I have mine. Sure mines slower and I suck but hey, I can look back at my time in BW and say I have helped well over 50+ vampires in some way or another and I have sacrificed my own gain for the achievements of others. I have only been greedy in this game three times for my badges. And really, I can't even call that greed because the reason I wanted my badges was so i could take more lower levels out on expos with me. To each his own.

And if we went by your rule of people being in the top 25 to be a clan leader then the game would fall apart. No low or mid level nor anyone just joining the game would get a chance to grow because you know as well as I do, the leaders in the top 25 have huge clans that no one under 150 points can survive in.

What expos are we doing? Hydras, red drakes, birds. We can beat a hydra, we've done it. The highest level member is perfectly content to be doing these kind of expos as well because hey, he likes the clan. And guess what? I think he's one of those rare breeds who'd rather stay in a lower level clan and do expos that may be a bit low for him because guess what? he wants to help people too. And yes we have sets but you know what we're mainly doing now? We're helping people build up their squares and either get into act two or become cursed. Because we're like that, you know, helpful.

Quite frankly, only one advanced too quick that he couldn't stay in DARK anymore. The few others that keep taking off are lower than me. Only ones higher. Which is fine, because again, they're that first type of player, moving along for their own ranking. Which is fine. I couldn't care less anymore. Apparently ranking is what makes the game fun. The thing that keeps this game fun for me are the nuts I have in DARK.

Yeah sure. I have millions of chances to merge things with my one mergestone and my one soulstone. This MS and SS have been the only MS and SS I've had since I gained 350 points. Like I said in that rant, I DON"T FIND STUFF WORTH SELLING AND CAN NOT GAIN STONES. Therefore, I can't merge, I can't buy stuff and I sure as hell can't change my tattoos. I literally had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to even gather 4LS to buy each peice of Mortis's Dancing set and even then it took a good long while. (13 LS all together).

As for changing tatts, I like my tattoo. I never said I didn't like it and I am willing to have it not work so I can use rep gear. Oh wait, again, can't buy good rep gear because I have no stones, can't gain stones. So I might as well try to make do with what I can scrape from the bottom of the barrel. I never said the tattoo held me back and looking at that rant again, I never even mentioned tattoos (then again I am kind of bleh right now so may have missed it).

I love being a black knight for the challenge and for the actual tattoo itself. I need modifications to my gear for it to work better but since I can't get stones, I can't make those modifications. Because even buying ONE PEICE of a merge will cost the 6 invisible SS I have sitting in my well of souls. The tattoo has never held me back and never will. I won't change it because once I eventually (in about 4 years)get the gear I need I won't be stuck in such a rut.

And no, I will NEVER disban DARK to let someone else take over. I wouldn't be able to stand watching my clan become like BLP is now. No offense to any former player of BLP but even you have to admit, since Qweeg stepped down BLP kind of went downhill. Not only that but DARK is my 'baby' so to speak. It wouldn't feel right giving it to someone else. Besides, even if I did disban, I would never want to leave, I wouldn't 'go play' because DARK is my home no matter what happens. When DARK disbands, it means I leave the game, simple as that.

Actually Cth the war hasn't taken much out of me at all. I've been feeling like this for months and have been bascially only ranting to my brother (the poor guy). It can't take anything out of me when I have next to nothing to take. Actually to be honest, it was the most fun I've had in game besides the clan not listening. I would cut the dead wood, once people started applying. No one likes to wait apparently even if for an hour. And yeah, you and BC-R are the only two offering PoH or even bothering to have anything to do with us sieges wise (besides V13 who wants a 'war').

@DJ- I love you...lol. Thing is though, if i ever left, Lest would go with me. Really the only reason he's still around is because I am. If not for me, he would have left once he started school in September.

Again, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. But honestly, if things in RL keep going the way they're going and crap like all the ranting keeps happening for the few hours I'm on at night, what's the point of staying?

quote:

03-05-2009 01:14 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Actually Cth the war hasn't taken much out of me at all. I've been feeling like this for months and have been bascially only ranting to my brother (the poor guy). It can't take anything out of me when I have next to nothing to take. Actually to be honest, it was the most fun I've had in game besides the clan not listening. I would cut the dead wood, once people started applying. No one likes to wait apparently even if for an hour. And yeah, you and BC-R are the only two offering PoH or even bothering to have anything to do with us sieges wise (besides V13 who wants a 'war').

And at me.

Thing is Lys I agree with a lot of what you're saying, I've had a few good finds... and that legendary sniper helped.... but being honest my list is this:

Legendary Sniper, Bloody Tux of Assassin, Deadly hat of precog (Which is aweosme, but I accidentally broke :S)

I know the feelign of seeing the exact item you want and then being beaten to it :S We all do...

The reason I;m in NIGHT and Not DARK was because in DARK I noticed a pocket of about four people who always expoed together.... ocne i have PoH maybe I'll eventually become a permanent member, but only then.... when ican hold my own in such a cutthroat level of clan.

You'll regret never finishing your character though...

Your imperfection.
03-05-2009 01:22 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

The only reason we pocketed is because no one else was on. I can't control who people take but I've always tried to tell people to vary the teams. I know who you mean too and i think in part he wanted to win. Though I do remember you getting into an expo once or twice.

Sure I'll regret it. But working 9-5 every day then having to come home and do more work-related things kind of cuts down on my game time. I'm up late trying to multi-task. For now it's working but I know once my boss sells the one thing he's trying to sell, I'm not going to have a free moment to do anything besides work. Which is fine because I love my job.

DARK cutthroat? When the hell did that happen? :S

quote:

03-05-2009 01:27 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
The only reason we pocketed is because no one else was on. I can't control who people take but I've always tried to tell people to vary the teams. I know who you mean too and i think in part he wanted to win. Though I do remember you getting into an expo once or twice.

Once. The others were started by me Big Grin but i meant as general.... even you didn't get into them, as leader.

quote:

Bad choice of words. In PoH sieges I stand no chance of gaining any in such a high level clan was what I meant.

Problem is it seems that you are fed up with the way this game is designed. Liek I did, you need something to restore your faith. FOr me that was ACT II... for you.... I'll tell you when ihave that legendary murderous mace of basilisk

Your imperfection.
03-05-2009 01:33 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
quote:

Once. The others were started by me Big Grin but i meant as general.... even you didn't get into them, as leader.

quote:

Bad choice of words. In PoH sieges I stand no chance of gaining any in such a high level clan was what I meant.

Problem is it seems that you are fed up with the way this game is designed. Liek I did, you need something to restore your faith. FOr me that was ACT II... for you.... I'll tell you when ihave that legendary murderous mace of basilisk

I get into them as a bird slayer, if I'm on which I rarely am anymore.
lol. You're not that low level Set, come on now...lol. Not so much of how it's designed, maybe it is. I don't know. I'd rather a legendary murderous scythe of bloodsucker/balisk, but heck even if you do find it, I won't be able to gather enough stones to buy it.

quote:

03-05-2009 01:39 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Raxis
Set Abominae

Hmmm I think I have an idea... lemme get PoH first. I will get you back into this game Lys.... and yes at level 56 considering I've nearly played as long as Azz I am a low level.

Lol... the mace is easier to use.

Either way. Trust me Lys, you will get back into the game... you just need yoru faith restored.

Your imperfection.
03-05-2009 01:42 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
@Lasher, you're what 37 points? I'm 418 points. This entire stone thing, quest thing, whatever has been happening for the entire 418 points. Not so much the beatings, there have been a few cases where I was untouchable for a bit. But even so, in the entire time I've been here, I've found maybe what 2 stones of MS+. I've found a total of six good items in the entire year and a bit. Also, I can't just not buy premium because then I can't see who's in other clans or who's in sieges. As a leader, that sucks for organization.

quote:

There's two ways to play this game: like you, and others: merc around until you decide to reside in the largest clan in the boards for your own personal gain and no one elses. If we all played the way you and others play, there would be no clans besides the top say 10 because no one would bother to make another clan because they knew themselves they would disban it out of greed to become the best. In my eyes, that's all some people play with in mind is greed to be #1. Sure, you need some kind of competative attitude, I'm not saying you don't. But some people are very willing to put aside their own needs for the needs of others and this is the other way to play.

I've said it countless times, I am not AND WILL NEVER play this game for myself. I'd rather help a bunch of lower-level and mediuum level people then rush my way to the top but that's just me and my morals I guess. I'd rather have a clan full of 100 pointers that stick around and go on birds and black dragons the rest of the game then have a clan with 15 300+ pointers and about 15 150-200 pointers who randomly come and go. To each his own. You have your way of play, I have mine. Sure mines slower and I suck but hey, I can look back at my time in BW and say I have helped well over 50+ vampires in some way or another and I have sacrificed my own gain for the achievements of others. I have only been greedy in this game three times for my badges. And really, I can't even call that greed because the reason I wanted my badges was so i could take more lower levels out on expos with me. To each his own.

And if we went by your rule of people being in the top 25 to be a clan leader then the game would fall apart. No low or mid level nor anyone just joining the game would get a chance to grow because you know as well as I do, the leaders in the top 25 have huge clans that no one under 150 points can survive in.

What expos are we doing? Hydras, red drakes, birds. We can beat a hydra, we've done it. The highest level member is perfectly content to be doing these kind of expos as well because hey, he likes the clan. And guess what? I think he's one of those rare breeds who'd rather stay in a lower level clan and do expos that may be a bit low for him because guess what? he wants to help people too. And yes we have sets but you know what we're mainly doing now? We're helping people build up their squares and either get into act two or become cursed. Because we're like that, you know, helpful.

Quite frankly, only one advanced too quick that he couldn't stay in DARK anymore. The few others that keep taking off are lower than me. Only ones higher. Which is fine, because again, they're that first type of player, moving along for their own ranking. Which is fine. I couldn't care less anymore. Apparently ranking is what makes the game fun. The thing that keeps this game fun for me are the nuts I have in DARK.

Yeah sure. I have millions of chances to merge things with my one mergestone and my one soulstone. This MS and SS have been the only MS and SS I've had since I gained 350 points. Like I said in that rant, I DON"T FIND STUFF WORTH SELLING AND CAN NOT GAIN STONES. Therefore, I can't merge, I can't buy stuff and I sure as hell can't change my tattoos. I literally had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to even gather 4LS to buy each peice of Mortis's Dancing set and even then it took a good long while. (13 LS all together).

As for changing tatts, I like my tattoo. I never said I didn't like it and I am willing to have it not work so I can use rep gear. Oh wait, again, can't buy good rep gear because I have no stones, can't gain stones. So I might as well try to make do with what I can scrape from the bottom of the barrel. I never said the tattoo held me back and looking at that rant again, I never even mentioned tattoos (then again I am kind of bleh right now so may have missed it).

I love being a black knight for the challenge and for the actual tattoo itself. I need modifications to my gear for it to work better but since I can't get stones, I can't make those modifications. Because even buying ONE PEICE of a merge will cost the 6 invisible SS I have sitting in my well of souls. The tattoo has never held me back and never will. I won't change it because once I eventually (in about 4 years)get the gear I need I won't be stuck in such a rut.

And no, I will NEVER disban DARK to let someone else take over. I wouldn't be able to stand watching my clan become like BLP is now. No offense to any former player of BLP but even you have to admit, since Qweeg stepped down BLP kind of went downhill. Not only that but DARK is my 'baby' so to speak. It wouldn't feel right giving it to someone else. Besides, even if I did disban, I would never want to leave, I wouldn't 'go play' because DARK is my home no matter what happens. When DARK disbands, it means I leave the game, simple as that.

@DJ- I love you...lol. Thing is though, if i ever left, Lest would go with me. Really the only reason he's still around is because I am. If not for me, he would have left once he started school in September.

Again, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. But honestly, if things in RL keep going the way they're going and crap like all the ranting keeps happening for the few hours I'm on at night, what's the point of staying?

there you go, there is your answer Smile so why u talking about quitting. do u want your lower rank people to be left behind? or would u rather continue playing and help them progress... or would u rather be the one progressing...

and what u on about stones??? hell with that... no one has stones... we sell the precious items to us to get stones... like ur diamond set WHY do u need it? it reduces so much blood point that its almost useless... get a ursine set or a elastic set or jus sell it and get items for your self.... then worry about others...

quote:
Well... if you ever went for one of those "hard to work tattoos" then you'd realise that yes, the tattoo HAS to work for us to win our attacks, otherwise we might aswell go bare handed. And the reason we went straight for the challenge is because sometimes, the challenge is what makes the game more fun, and what sets us apart from others. Like when you, tiger, bensux, bighead etc was in DARK, you guys ALL went sniper, while i went hunter, it set me apart from you guys and showed i was unique, and also, it's alot harder for me to get my stats high, while keeping my tattoos working (like lys, ours are min defense, not max) and dealing crazy damage at the same time. (difference between me and other ranged is either they're not keeping their tattoos up but using shurikens, or they are and have some uber equips, obviously they had good drops, which sold for lots of stones)

what you on about??? are you telling me you cannot defeat gunners with high rep melee set up? are u telling me u cannot defeat melee with high defense gun set up??? the only one that is always hard to defeat is surkien users and that should be it. the rest is about using ur brain. if u wanna be unique then so be it. its you who asked for it so stop telling me other have lucky drops so they got that and that... if u dun like it then change you god dam tatttooo path and then switch back to whatever u wanna be when u are WELLL prepared for it.
too play this game its not even hard.
gun for white and black
melee for pheonix
gun for red
melee/gun for hydra/golen
gun for golem (if u are not still in the optimal level. once u reach in optimal lvl, somewhere round there, u can use all weapons to defeat it, it jus a matter of common sense.)
its blood simple. attack are jus for resources, the main way to lvl up is expo.

and i know i m making myself look like a bad guy but i m really starting to get frustrated with people starting to quit 1 by 1.

quote:
Sure I'll regret it. But working 9-5 every day then having to come home and do more work-related things kind of cuts down on my game time. I'm up late trying to multi-task. For now it's working but I know once my boss sells the one thing he's trying to sell, I'm not going to have a free moment to do anything besides work. Which is fine because I love my job.

jus saw that.. well if that's the reason then i all i gotta say is g luck with real life. was fun being with ya.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by minshres: 03-05-2009 06:48.

03-05-2009 06:28 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Chopski

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: BOS/V13

quote:

Some of us higher levels left BLP and since then BLP has gone down the rankings, obviously. BLP is still a good clan with very friendly helpful members. You say the rankings arent the be all and end all yet you classify a clan as going downhill (or in the msg u sent me 'down the drains'!!) when they drop in the rankings???

I don't see BLP members on the board complaining...

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Chopski: 03-05-2009 14:45.

03-05-2009 14:43 Chopski is offline Search for Posts by Chopski Add Chopski to your Buddy List
marmaladegirl

Hey Lysandra,

Not on here very often, but I'll add my 2p worth - which you can of course ignore.

Hopefully some will help but I know some of it will p!ss you off.

Black Knight and the lack of stones
We don't chat much any more, but we've both always been BK and enjoyed the challenge. Not having the stones to buy/merge the items is a huge issue. I've bought most my stuff on the cheap and merged and merged again to get what I want. Only a few items have I actually bought flat out. I have a load of BK merge info you may find useful, but we have chosen to the play the tattoo differently, so it might not be your bag.
That said you need the stones. The ONLY decent way to get stones is to level up. The BEST way to level up is expos - nothing else comes close. I've not bought premium for a couple of months as I'm sick of many aspects of the game and just don't have the same time to play as I did. So I get far less quests and attacks, but it matters very little as I can still do the same amount of expos.

BK and expos
I imagine like me you can roast a turkey almost on your own, but I get less than a 1000 PoP. I think a balance needs to be struck between helping lower pointers and levelling yourself up. I still help people with their turkey badges, as I am really good at those, but I split that about 50/50 with the bigger expos that can get me good points. I also expect the good gunners in the clan to help out the lower pointers with their drakes, and we have a few people who are really good and will help out. So spread the load to help out across the clan, make it a rule if needed. But make time to do the bigger expos - because that is the only good way to get stones.

PoH
This will annoy you ...
As you know V13 won't do PoH sieges with you - because of the very reason you are complaining about. You guys were never interested in a fair fight. It's a shame, but it's no surprise that no one is interested. You reap what you sow.

Black Knight and Ranged
I know you are getting hammered by ranged, my advice around this is get your defence higher, even at the cost of some agility. When everyone was playing as Zerkers your high agility gave you an edge, but now Ranged is really popular you need to be able to slow those shurikens down A LOT. I beat most ranged in defence, and in my best defence gear I even managed to avoid getting killed by NateDogg's shurikens. I have some a second pair of compound shorts if you need em - I was saving them to make perfect - but I can wait.

Dark
Well done for keeping it going so long. Clan leader is a most thankless task in this game and until the recent patch a real handicap. If people are doing your nut in then kick them and build the clan up again with the people who make you enjoy the game. It is your clan and even if it drops down the ranks in the short term if you don't like the people you play with, then it's just no fun. Use your good alliances and friendships to help keep your squares while you scale down and find people you actually can rely on.

Quests
Yup they suck.

Hope something in there helps and feel free to msg me in game if you want to talk tats etc. I keep waiting for you to come after me with your 4 attacks Wink
03-05-2009 15:01 marmaladegirl is offline Search for Posts by marmaladegirl Add marmaladegirl to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

See lys, your message are huge and that's why it's nice talking to you, because either you messages are huge and burn my eyes while trying to read 'em, or because you think out your messages (well the serious ones at least, also again, no offense lestat XD)

I would quote your text, but it's freaking huge, i don't wanna add ANOTHER block ontop of your two, and minshres quoted one XD i'll try quote small chunks...

quote:

Ok, unlike most of my other messages, this ones just a random question. Why?

Uhh... don't worry, saw minshres message -.-

quote:

Min, if your reading this, no offense (and i have said this about anyone who thinks like this) usually these people, also referred to as mercs (except the rare ones who actually move about JUST for other peoples help... wait thats NONE [correct me if i'm wrong]) are usually total *beep*holes (you can work it out, because i ain't getting banned for swearing *waits for banhammer to drop*)

quote:
Quite frankly, only one advanced too quick that he couldn't stay in DARK anymore.

Who? (ok, make that TWO random questions)

Ok, there's nothing i can find to quote again... i looked through TWICE, and pretty much saw anything that you said was answered in your own post, or was replied to within the 10+ posts above me -.-

Only two more things i can think of saying. 1. You can attack me if you need blood (assuming i have blood myself... hell i'm in zone 4 and i STILL don't have blood T_T)
And 2.

quote:

Yay luv XD (yes i'm immature)

Oh wait, i got a 3rd. PUH PUH PUH PLEASE DON'T LEAVE, i'd be bored without you and lestat, it's no fun unless i'm getting owned by lestat in convos or having some massive convo with you, i'll even do the marshmellow for you to stay (if i do that, your paying me though XD) If you leave, ima come to canaida and slap the game back into you (then run because i don't fancy you unleashing karate on my butt T_T)

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 03-05-2009 16:29.

03-05-2009 16:28 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

@DJ: about the post about people only staying in clans for expos and good exp, you say that they are right beep holes, excuse my french but fact of the matter is this is a game, not real life, people play the game for fun, i can't see how gaining no exp or not having expos that suit your optimal level can be fun.
i mean heck you quit a few times surely that means you are not having fun.
as i said before i love dark but if i was there till now i would have quit ages ago coz i came on this game for fun coz i thought thats what games were for and if i am not having fun then i quit.

i mean you talk about loyalty as if this is real life lol, in real life i am as loyal as can be, but in this game i jus wana have fun and experiment everything there is in the game, face all monsters, advance and see what gears i can musta up, i mean whats the fun in not advancing at all coz of choosing a hard path and not experiencing all ends of the game via expos, new set ups etc.

As you saw with the war with source, it was a exciting event, i didn't care about the exp i could not get there i only thought about the fun, i like having fun lol. i admire how long lys has been a leader for coz when i was dep there i found out quickly how stressful it can be when people don't listen and when people put things in CA like a 'knife +3' i mean jeez lol.

well i cba to write too much more, words hurt my eyes.

and lys you write too much lol.
03-05-2009 17:32 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by jamess36362
@DJ: about the post about people only staying in clans for expos and good exp, you say that they are right beep holes, excuse my french but fact of the matter is this is a game, not real life, people play the game for fun, i can't see how gaining no exp or not having expos that suit your optimal level can be fun.
i mean heck you quit a few times surely that means you are not having fun.
as i said before i love dark but if i was there till now i would have quit ages ago coz i came on this game for fun coz i thought thats what games were for and if i am not having fun then i quit.

i mean you talk about loyalty as if this is real life lol, in real life i am as loyal as can be, but in this game i jus wana have fun and experiment everything there is in the game, face all monsters, advance and see what gears i can musta up, i mean whats the fun in not advancing at all coz of choosing a hard path and not experiencing all ends of the game via expos, new set ups etc.

As you saw with the war with source, it was a exciting event, i didn't care about the exp i could not get there i only thought about the fun, i like having fun lol. i admire how long lys has been a leader for coz when i was dep there i found out quickly how stressful it can be when people don't listen and when people put things in CA like a 'knife +3' i mean jeez lol.

well i cba to write too much more, words hurt my eyes.

and lys you write too much lol.

Hey, the game is about having fun, but usually if you jump around just constantly doing expos and pretty much not bothering to stay in one spot long enough for anything BUT an expo, then i don't consider it as fun either. And i'm not saying that not earning any exp or not doing expos is fun, but even though i'm not exactly having "fun" per se, i feel as if i'm accomplishing something when i help a lower level in an expo, even if i earn nothing, if they get something, it's just as "fun" for me as winning any other expo (except maybe a phoenix... only ever killed one XD)

And actually, going inactive =/= quitting, quitting is PERMENTANTLY leaving the game, not coming back (save the re-making your character) there's lots of games i've went inactive on, only to come back at a later date. It's a habit (find it hard to stay stuck on a single game for too long except text based ones) And your asking "whats fun about choosing a hard path and not experiencing all ends of the game via expos, new set ups etc." well it's not exactly fun either breezing through a game faster than a fart on it's way out. (You tell me, what mode is Gears of war more fun on, insane? or casual?)

Anyway, our messages veered off-topic of the off-topic-ness of the off-topic board, so now time to get back on-topic on the off-topic board where everything is off-topic *has a seizure*

I'm backety back back
03-05-2009 18:19 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

i guess everyone has a different idea of fun lol....

back on topic...well lys u know i love ya, but there is a lot of stuff you could do on your part to put fun back into the game, i agree that some factors you wrote are down to the devs/game system but this game is what you make of it, i would actually like to see you change to one handed guns. imagine you with legendary guns, obviously it would take time and stones, but if you sell some of the stuff you use now you could swap and literally pass reds with ease and be able to smack up the higher mobs and help your clan grow even faster Tongue
03-05-2009 18:43 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

lol, agreed about differant styles of fun, but i think its much more fun staying loyal to a clan, as you will make some good friends, every clan iv been in for a longish period of time [i only joined night in november/december last year] iv made friends. even though i don't do much in the clan [most of our sieges are for under 49pointers, and maybe have one or 2 high levels] i still enjoy being there.

in a side not, lys, i know other people have offered, but if your ever short of blood, i can give you some, just message me first so that i can change gear, as im a ranger, and i know you hate us Tongue
03-05-2009 19:17 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

quote:
And your asking "whats fun about choosing a hard path and not experiencing all ends of the game via expos, new set ups etc." well it's not exactly fun either breezing through a game faster than a fart on it's way out. (You tell me, what mode is Gears of war more fun on, insane? or casual?)

DUHH!!! f...ing easy of course. then u do the expert or what ever is the hardest... if u get bored of it. very f...ing similar to this game aint it???? whats the point doing it at super hard and not even getting past first F.....ing stage. common sense.

03-05-2009 19:20 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
quote:
And your asking "whats fun about choosing a hard path and not experiencing all ends of the game via expos, new set ups etc." well it's not exactly fun either breezing through a game faster than a fart on it's way out. (You tell me, what mode is Gears of war more fun on, insane? or casual?)

DUHH!!! f...ing easy of course. then u do the expert or what ever is the hardest... if u get bored of it. very f...ing similar to this game aint it???? whats the point doing it at super hard and not even getting past first F.....ing stage. common sense.

Sorry for completely off-topic post... but i REALLY hope that was sarcasm... ANY gamer (except the ones who literally suck at games, not saying you do) will say the harder modes better, hell even gamecrow (who isn't all that good at games) would still do insane mode on a game, and yes he get's annoyed, but he refuses to do an easier mode because the challenge is fun.

You know what, i might just make a thread about game modes...

I'm backety back back
03-05-2009 19:24 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

so u telling me a player who cannot play guitar hero will start with expert right away and not get past 20sec and fail... and not gt frustrated and quit that game???? or would u rather start with easy and then try expert???

mod. warning please.

anyways lys dun quit unless u r forced to.

03-05-2009 19:51 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Levija

Registration Date: 11-19-2008
Clan: BLP

I find it very amusing that you would choose BLP as the example to make your point.

Tells a lot about a personality.

Considering you don't even know 1% of what goes on in BLP. BLP has never been so strong on the inside and it's not because you "luckily" had one of our members join you that you should rejoice so fast.

And fyi, any of our ex-members are still BLP members, and will return when the time is right. Keep it in mind.
03-05-2009 21:26 Levija is offline Search for Posts by Levija Add Levija to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

@Lasher and Chopski: Sorry, didn't explain my reasoning behind saying BLP going "downhill." It wasn't about rankings at all. Lasher, I have messaged you a few times in the past few weeks about the square. Now I'm not asking you to agree on anything but the least you can do is stop ignoring me and message me back, even with a 'no'. At least then I know you actually want to try and solve the situation instead of ignoring it to make it go away.

At least Qweeg messaged me back when I asked him something within a day or two, you haven't rencently. Also, the whole diplomacy thing went a bit downhill with the whole square thing. Again, Qweeg usually messaged all sides involved before making a final decision including all leaders and involved parties. Once DM mentioned something, instead of messaging me right away to get clarification on what was said or whatever, you annonuced war. And I get that you're not Qweeg but at least most leaders will message people back or give a reason for not messaging back then talk in a day or two or have the deputy message back. They won't ignore things.

This is why I say BLP when downhill, not because of rankings. I know myself clans go downhill in rankings from time to time for whatever reason. No I may not know what goes on in clan but I call as I see, and what I saw was you ignoring me and not messaging me when you should have. If it's a normal thing you do in a tough situation then yes, it went downhill. I find it funny that the moment I try to be diplomatic with you in game you ignore me but if I insult you, you message me right away. Tells a lot about your personality doesn't it? And I get it, you work. But a week+ of no response is no excuse. I messaged you well before the war with Source, got back a response of:"I'm at work will message later." And there's still no response in my inbox about that situation. If you were talking to others, fine. You could have messaged that back to me instead of making me wait over a week. And even now, there's STILL no message in my inbox about that whole situation.

Forget it then, keep the god damned square. If DM happens to leave DARK as he does sometimes and tries to take it from somewhere else so be it. I'm not putting up with you ignoring me anymore when I'm trying to be civial about the whole damned situation. Again, THIS IGNORING SITUATIONS IS WHY I SAID BLP WENT DOWNHILL. Rankings don't matter. I won't answer any futher comment about that here. If you want to bug me so bad, I'm on in game and will get to messages.

@marmalade: We have an entirely different crew and all those problem makers are gone. Ask BC-R and Source, we've given them there returns back all the time. In fact we've gone too even in sieges sometimes and lost when we were supposed to win.

And I am trying different things for defense, I managed to scrape up new gear and got a better mace that raises HP and what not just the other night. But that was because I asked for it to end at a bad time for the rest of the world.

As for the clan thing, we're getting members attempting to come in but apparenly they can't wait and hour...lol. I wish I could be able to check every hour but that's somewhat impossible. Same with my deputy. Heck if we could be on all day every day, it'd be great.

@minshres: I bought the diamond set because I had a plan for it. Besides, I'm using it for certain expos combined with the shasm and bony sets for more agility and 4th hit. Or regen or whatever I feel like depending on the expo. Again, I like the challenge of BK. And no, I won't quit unless forced to. Again, I can't leave the guys behind.

quote:

03-06-2009 00:55 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Levija

I received two messages from you, and then another one from DM telling me we'd sort this out him and me.

Then I told him : no I'm not giving it and that's final.

End of discussion.
03-06-2009 01:04 Levija is offline Search for Posts by Levija Add Levija to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

SO you've proved Lysandra's point then. Stealing an allied clans square.... I'm sorry levija but that is how it looks.

Now then Lys, what else can we say to make you stay.... I suppose all bases are covered.... I mean, wait until you have a decent legednary weapon Big Grin Then see

Your imperfection.
03-06-2009 01:20 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Chopski

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: BOS/V13

quote:
SO you've proved Lysandra's point then. Stealing an allied clans square.... I'm sorry levija but that is how it looks.

Now then Lys, what else can we say to make you stay.... I suppose all bases are covered.... I mean, wait until you have a decent legednary weapon Big Grin Then see

That maybe is how it looks to you raxis but that is definitely not what happened. Maybe you should get all the facts before making judgements about people

edit for ontopic in offtopic: Lys, you are frustrated with how the game is not working out for you but you refuse to change anything. You are unhappy with some aspects of your clan but again dont want to change anything....

Not sure what you want really? I agree with Minshres though, there are many things you can do its just whether you want to chage things or not

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Chopski: 03-06-2009 01:26.

03-06-2009 01:22 Chopski is offline Search for Posts by Chopski Add Chopski to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Can we please try and keep threads ontopic..

03-06-2009 01:26 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Lysandra
Viking

Would have been nice had you messaged me that too so I wasn't wondering what the hell was going on. It's pretty sad that it takes me to insult you to get you to tell me things that as a clan leader, I should be informed about. That's the whole reason I said BLP went downhill was because of you not messaging other leaders when members said things out of line or even for clarification or to update on things.

I shouldn't have had to message you twice about the same issue, that's the whole point. It should have been dealt with on the 14th of February which would have been two days after I first messaged you.

Fine, but again, I have no control over what he does outside of DARK. If he was in DARK, I would call the siege because I've gotten sick and tired of the whole damned thing.

Again, you chose to message about all this in a public board. I only mentioned BLP because at the time everything was pissing me off, the situation with DM being one of the top on that list. And yes, we both made mistakes with that and we both admitted to them. Your mistakes were constinally keeping me out of the loop with what was going on between you and DM. You even admitted that yourself way back in the beginning of February then repeated the SAME mistake again a few weeks later. Again, THIS lack of communication and updating leaders is why I said BLP went downhill.

Am I wrong in thinking that clan leader should be kept informed about what's going on with there clan mates? I don't bloody think so. If someone is having a problem with one of my members, I like to know about it so it can get solved as quickly and painlessly as possible so both sides are happy. You kept me totally out of the loop with all the issues with DM. This could have been solved much easier and faster had you talked to me in the beginning.

EDIT: I am changing things about my kit to make things work, it just takes me longer. And yes, DARK changes every 2nd month and gets newer members, regains old ones and what not so that's changing to.
I can't put 100% attention to the game because of RL issues, that's my major complaint.
The point of the square thing, like I said, I don't care that it got taken. DM made mistakes. The major mistake made by lev was not keeping me in the loop about what DM was saying to him and what the final outcome of the whole thing was, that's why I said it went downhill.

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 03-06-2009 01:36.

03-06-2009 01:33 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:

I can't put 100% attention to the game because of RL issues, that's my major complaint.

Well as far as I can see that seems to be the root of your problems. I think you're a very honourable player Lys and that's why everyone has posted here with suggestions and offers of help.

But at the end of the day, most of your problems seem to be down to things that everyone has to deal with;

RNG (ambushes, drops, upgrading)
Merge your items, it's an essential part of the game.
Clan issues should be resolved within the clan, not on the board. If you have problems with members, tell them.

You said it yourself, your major complaint/issue is you don't have enough time to log on. Well there isn't much anyone here can do anything about that Lys.

03-06-2009 01:44 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Lysandra
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
quote:

Well as far as I can see that seems to be the root of your problems. I think you're a very honourable player Lys and that's why everyone has posted here with suggestions and offers of help.

But at the end of the day, most of your problems seem to be down to things that everyone has to deal with;

RNG (ambushes, drops, upgrading)
Merge your items, it's an essential part of the game.
Clan issues should be resolved within the clan, not on the board. If you have problems with members, tell them.

You said it yourself, your major complaint/issue is you don't have enough time to log on. Well there isn't much anyone here can do anything about that Lys.

mainly yes, then everything else started piling on me and what not. It was just one big explosion really. Really this was an issue of over-stress in game and RL and I had no one but the same person to talk to that wasn't helping much because he had no major solutions since he's rarely on too.
Trust me, I've tried to solve the issue mentioned in this thread in game, didn't work apparently. Clan issues seem to be solving themselves and what not so it's working out too. People finally get that they have to check messages now.
Other issues are getting solved now kind of as I have a free night for once to actually look at what I have and combine it in certain ways to make things work. Still need stones though...LOL. Ah well. I think I figured our a good rep kit...hm...

quote:

03-06-2009 01:52 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008
Clan: Source

We've never spoken but Cthulhu speaks highly of you and I trust his judgement. I don't like to see anybody being fed up, I hope things are getting better as you say Smile

As regards gameplay being boring, repetative and unsatisfying - this game has no end-point. The set goalposts are passed early on, so what I do is to set personal goals, even really small ones - finish x quests, gain x points, pass a certain person in the rankings (C I'm looking at you Tongue ). You say you value helping others above progressing, but in order to have satisfaction in anything you have to have personal achievements - even tiny ones. Without your own successes and failures you become an onlooker not a participant. Perhaps this is what was happening to you?

I'm a full 100 points lower than you, but the few times I have attacked you I have lost very, very severely Tongue There are only a couple of people higher than me that I can beat, in trying not to attack them too often (sorry Achlirah!) I attack lower levels (some of which also kick my ass too). I am quite sure there are plenty of people you can beat in the 200 - 400 range, if (A) you can beat me, and (B) I can beat them (C), A = C. No you won't be getting 250 exp a hit, but you will be progressing, earning stones etc, and (for me anyway) occasionally attacking in questing gear and apologising to the person concerned... oops Big Grin

I know some people take it very seriously some times, but it is just a game. Games are played for fun, if you aren't having fun then stick on vacation mode and go enjoy your life for a few weeks. BW will still be here. As with taking a week off from work, it'll probably invigorate you (Flashblade's enforced absence certainly led to a flurry of activity on his return Tongue ). A rest is as good as a change, so they say... or is that the other way round? Confused

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kalessin: 03-06-2009 10:51.

03-06-2009 10:49 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
Lasher

Registration Date: 01-04-2009

quote:
@Lasher and Chopski: Sorry, didn't explain my reasoning behind saying BLP going "downhill." It wasn't about rankings at all. Lasher, I have messaged you a few times in the past few weeks about the square. Now I'm not asking you to agree on anything but the least you can do is stop ignoring me and message me back, even with a 'no'. At least then I know you actually want to try and solve the situation instead of ignoring it to make it go away.

Erm...okay i think you mean Levija or someone else but not me, i haven't ignored you and most of all you didn't talked to me about no square, not only that i have to mention we never talked before Tongue

If you're talking about darkmagick's square then nvm i get it now, it shoulde;ve bin Levija's name there not mine, just a minor confusion.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lasher: 03-06-2009 13:16.

03-06-2009 13:12 Lasher is offline Homepage of Lasher Search for Posts by Lasher Add Lasher to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Lasher: N/A YIM Account Name of Lasher: N/A View the MSN Profile for Lasher
Levija

quote:

So you've proven you have no idea what you're talking about.

Good.

Back to the subject, life is hard, we all have to work and we all have our moments of weakness, it will pass.
03-06-2009 18:05 Levija is offline Search for Posts by Levija Add Levija to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » I don't know anymore...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH