Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Summary of year 2007 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Summary of year 2007
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Summary of year 2007 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It was really bad year for BW Team.

1st of all introduction of Tattoos.
Idea was great but not that thing what we get. The only usable tattoo was for 1h suicide users.
To proof that it was total disaster look here:
Patch 1.0.0.0

all tattoos were changed mostly Black knight. When players told that in previous version of tattoo BK is not usable administration didn't do anything to change it.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
Battle Hard Hat of Adrenaline
Plate (armour) of Adrenaline
Elvish Trousers of Rogue

that's only an example, there are lots of other possibilities

Just forgot to add that if you wanted to make BK in previous version of tattoo you needed to play only about 100 years.

Here we come to next problem.
Level requirement of items and experience gain.
Administration is very good at writing game but they miss basic of biology. They forgot one simple thing that humans live average 60 years. To make some tattoos at level 5 with decent equip you need to spend whole your life and then pass your children account.
Experience gain in today reality is way to low. What to do when you have higher level?
Administration don't know either. You can do everything that you done before so questing, attacking same players everyday and sometime visit dragon in expedition.
Here we go to tournament/city events. Info about it wrote Zeruel so it might not be true.

quote:
Originally posted by Zeruel
there won't be any new items in this year, author works on tournaments, city events and balancing the game, new weapons could completely destroy balance of the game

PS: your signature is to big

It was wrote at 07-05-2007.
Any information?
I guess administration don't have any idea how it should work. They work hard on balancing game.

The only good thing that was made is Expedition. Only expedition and not Points of honour.

Points of honour should be gained through siege by stronger clan. Good idea but when you look how it work it don't look so great. To gain PoH you need to split your clan because you can't gain PoH while attacking other clan because they are hiding to not lose their precious PoH. Name of those points should be changed to Points of Friendship. Stronger clan on server should have the highest PoH like its name shows but strongest clan have problems to gain any PoH even when splitting clan.

This is all that was made in year 2007.
So if I need to give a note to BW Team it would be 2,5/10 (10 is maximum).
Why only 2,5? Simple 1 point for expedition 0,5 point for balancing tattoos and 1 point for recrutation of new players.

I'm not complaining game because it is very good as a website game but it is not perfect and administration need to make some serious changes to make it playable at higher levels.

Surprise should be in next year so it shouldn't be counted in year 2007.
Let's hope that in next year administration will do better work than in year 2007 and that is easy to do.
12-30-2007 11:39 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Hyperborean
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

7 out of 10 to the BW Team, and 1 out of 10 for the post, which I stand in complete disagreement with.
12-30-2007 11:54 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You forgot to mention that we all gain stones as we gain points. Generally, I agree with about half of the post you wrote. Lets not argue here, but I'm really curious whats Gendibal going to write here Wink

12-30-2007 13:14 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Elisabeth

Hyperborean explain me why you rate BW team work so high.

If tattoos were tested correctly and 2nd version of them would be put avoiding 1st tattoos then maybe I could increase BW Team rating but they put totally unbalanced tattoos. The worst thing is that there is beta test server so it shouldn't happen. Fixing this don't change the fact that it was one of the biggest mistake that was done in last year(soon).

Stones maybe it is good thing but not for me. What should I do with them? Collecting them is no fun for me. If with this change level requirement would be reduced then maybe it would change my rating.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Elisabeth: 12-30-2007 15:59.

12-30-2007 15:59 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Elisabeth you are so narrow minded. All you do is criticise, not thinking of all the good things that have happened. And you moan about BK tatoo with too high requirements. Yet, as i can recall, it has really good bonuses, better than other tatoos on the same level.

12-30-2007 17:17 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Gendibal
Viking

RE: Summary of year 2007 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, gonna take this section by section .....

quote:
Originally posted by Elisabeth
It was really bad year for BW Team.

1st of all introduction of Tattoos.
Idea was great but not that thing what we get. The only usable tattoo was for 1h suicide users.
To proof that it was total disaster look here:
Patch 1.0.0.0

all tattoos were changed mostly Black knight. When players told that in previous version of tattoo BK is not usable administration didn't do anything to change it.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
Battle Hard Hat of Adrenaline
Plate (armour) of Adrenaline
Elvish Trousers of Rogue

that's only an example, there are lots of other possibilities

Just forgot to add that if you wanted to make BK in previous version of tattoo you needed to play only about 100 years.

I'm going to do something unusual here and say that I agree with you over the initial tattoo problems ...... but without someone actually finding the ins and outs of every possible piece of usable equipment, it cannot be said that any tattoo is impossible to use effectively within a given time frame

quote:
Here we come to next problem.
Level requirement of items and experience gain.
Administration is very good at writing game but they miss basic of biology. They forgot one simple thing that humans live average 60 years. To make some tattoos at level 5 with decent equip you need to spend whole your life and then pass your children account.
Experience gain in today reality is way to low. What to do when you have higher level?
Administration don't know either. You can do everything that you done before so questing, attacking same players everyday and sometime visit dragon in expedition.
Here we go to tournament/city events. Info about it wrote Zeruel so it might not be true.

quote:
there won't be any new items in this year, author works on tournaments, city events and balancing the game, new weapons could completely destroy balance of the game

PS: your signature is to big

It was wrote at 07-05-2007.
Any information?
I guess administration don't have any idea how it should work. They work hard on balancing game.

Now this is one of the things that has been a point of contention for quite a while .... the game simply is not balanced. Other than a few minor position changes the top 20 has been set in stone for over a month now (the top 10 for quite a bit longer) and this detracts from the competition aspect of the game. Theres nothing to strive for because the top positions are out of reach by quite a long way.

quote:
The only good thing that was made is Expedition. Only expedition and not Points of honour.

Points of honour should be gained through siege by stronger clan. Good idea but when you look how it work it don't look so great. To gain PoH you need to split your clan because you can't gain PoH while attacking other clan because they are hiding to not lose their precious PoH. Name of those points should be changed to Points of Friendship. Stronger clan on server should have the highest PoH like its name shows but strongest clan have problems to gain any PoH even when splitting clan.

OK, there seems to have been something missed here, points of HONOUR are in place for more or less fair fights ..... you say that the stronger clans should get them, but where is the honour in 'Steamroller' sieges where a strong clan can muster over 10x the power (not points, POWER) of the smaller. It's like the school bully picking on someone in a wheelchair, is there any honour there? no.

The old adage 'pick on someone your own size' is quite apt for this system, and rather than selfishly attempt to work it to your advantage and see what it can do for the strongest players and clans, look at the game as a whole, and see how it could benefit all players.

quote:
This is all that was made in year 2007.
So if I need to give a note to BW Team it would be 2,5/10 (10 is maximum).
Why only 2,5? Simple 1 point for expedition 0,5 point for balancing tattoos and 1 point for recrutation of new players.

I'm not complaining game because it is very good as a website game but it is not perfect and administration need to make some serious changes to make it playable at higher levels.

Surprise should be in next year so it shouldn't be counted in year 2007.
Let's hope that in next year administration will do better work than in year 2007 and that is easy to do.

I'd give them 4/10 personally, and thats just for the attempts they've made to balance the game ..... however I note that you've missed a lot of points off here that have benefitted you and your clan, but unbalanced the game further to whatever degree either temporarily or permanently. So I'll restate, rather than look at what makes the game better for you personally, and your clan ..... look at what REALLY makes the game better all round for everyone and you'll find that most of your points of contention sort of melt away.

Basically this is just going over old complaints, and from a very one sided view ..... try to look at things as a whole and you'll see just how far your main suggestions would go to reinforcing the current imbalances in the game if they were adopted.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 12-30-2007 17:24.

12-30-2007 17:20 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Hyperborean
Double Ace

For Elisabeth Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ehh.... I had half the text ready and, in stead of the Ctrl+C combination, I've pressed the Ctrl+V one. And... I prefer leaving the issue in stead of getting back to it. Too much of a fuss. I believe you know me well enough to know my opinion as well. And trust me, I really wanted to provide you with an answer. In short:

+ Tatto modification -> Better left alone as it is though not perfect, but still better than it was -> Yes, it needed modifications in first place, but I'm glad it's finally got(ten) where it is now.

(0) Requirements -> they are way too high, we all know that, but I don't believe they've been increased -> the heavy guns, 2H melee weapons, heavy armour, etc. -> still mind the zone 2 tasks -> it's a system error (not just an issue of requirements)

+ Pace -> I like it the way it is, though I am surely leaving this game sooner than you are, and I am well afraid of the changes (like tournaments). I do believe a lot of players wants things too soon, wants them now. I'm not one of those. My own point of view, of course, as much as the note.

(-0) Useless Equipment -> more and more of this -> one of the things that need be dealt with (or not)

- Distribution of Items -> It's even worse after the forementioned patch. -> Has anybody seen a Hawk? How are we supposed to create a set of Sunny or Spider's jewelery?

+ Expeditions -> as a PoP source -> the focus is no more on the clan wars

+ PoF -> Freeing the expedition access should cause serious consequences. I do firmly believe that the gap between the strong and the weak vamps of our city should get even wider. It already is wide, and needs no further widening. Although it seems fairly logical that the inactive and the unable should stay well behind those willing to sacrifice parts of their (real) lives for this game, for the sake of this city, and the fun of playing the game, we should not crave justice.

+ Stones -> they glitter

+ Frequent bans by Szeszej
12-30-2007 17:49 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

RE: For Elisabeth Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperborean
+ PoF -> Freeing the expedition access should cause serious consequences. I do firmly believe that the gap between the strong and the weak vamps of our city should get even wider. It already is wide, and needs no further widening. Although it seems fairly logical that the inactive and the unable should stay well behind those willing to sacrifice parts of their (real) lives for this game, for the sake of this city, and the fun of playing the game, we should not crave justice.

This is the only point I partially disagree with you on .... I agree that the gaps are wide (I would say too wide), and I also agree that the inactive and less able players shouldn't be artificially boosted, but where I disagree is that with these gaps in place (and even under the current system they will widen dramatically) that playing the game is going to be as much fun, since part of the fun of the game is competition, and this gets further from the game as the gaps widen.

These gaps will also deter new players from staying as they see that it will be nigh on impossible for them to get a decent rank or progress far within the game.

12-30-2007 17:59 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

This game is competition?
I don't think that you can call competition avoiding sieges just to not lose PoH.
Why cowards have PoH? This is mystery for me.
12-31-2007 08:26 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Clan: BoD

RE: For Elisabeth Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal

These gaps will also deter new players from staying as they see that it will be nigh on impossible for them to get a decent rank or progress far within the game.

For some it will do this, but tthere are a lot of people who would see a huge ranking list and think "right, im going to reach number 1" and play their heart out until they either succeed, or die of starvation or something.

12-31-2007 10:07 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Elisabeth
Lord

This topic was made to encourage administration to do better work in next year. Even Gendibal see that work done in year 2007 is pathetic.
Hyperborean gave note 7/10 and I really don't know why. I told that this game is good I only rated BW Team work not game.

Hyperborean you are in top so tell me is this game still interesting for you? or are you getting bored of making same old things every day?

For now this game have life time around level 50 after it it becomes boring.
This is true problem of it. Balancing level requirement is minor problem and I guess that patch 1.1 will not change anything.
12-31-2007 11:32 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
This game is competition?
I don't think that you can call competition avoiding sieges just to not lose PoH.
Why cowards have PoH? This is mystery for me.

Neither is steamrollering a smaller clan, which is what you said earlier should happen (Points of honour should be gained by siege through stronger clan) and personally I believe that damage over a certain multiplier should have Honour penalties (steamroller sieges = dishonourable = loss of honour points). You call avoiding sieges cowardice, yet steamrollering is cowardice of a different sort ...... it is commonly, in the real world, called bullying ...... is this something you advocate out of game as you seem to within?

quote:
Originally posted by draculaisemo
For some it will do this, but tthere are a lot of people who would see a huge ranking list and think "right, im going to reach number 1" and play their heart out until they either succeed, or die of starvation or something.

As time goes on, and the gaps widen, the players that do stay with that attitude will become fewer, and it won't take long for the rate of people leaving to surpass the rate of new people staying

quote:
This topic was made to encourage administration to do better work in next year. Even Gendibal see that work done in year 2007 is pathetic.
Hyperborean gave note 7/10 and I really don't know why. I told that this game is good I only rated BW Team work not game.

Hyperborean you are in top so tell me is this game still interesting for you? or are you getting bored of making same old things every day?

For now this game have life time around level 50 after it it becomes boring.
This is true problem of it. Balancing level requirement is minor problem and I guess that patch 1.1 will not change anything.

I wouldn't call the work done pathetic, I would personally call it 'non-reflective to the wishes and needs of the majority of players' and 'power-pandering', but this is through the dev team not thinking about the mass market and having the 'it works in the polish servers so it will work here .... no arguments' without actually listening to the concerns raised by players

Different people will have different views of the game, and Hyp's view is as valid as anyones.

As for patch 1.1, although I'm not holding my breath as to whether it will start to redress the balance in the game (relaxing requirements will benefit the top players more since they will now be able to use more powerful weapon and armour types than before, while the smaller players are thrown a bone that they can now use the mid level stuff) I'm willing to give it a chance and see what effect it does have.

The major issue that has been raised (and only really acknowledged by Szeszej) is the balance of power in the game, players and more aptly clans being able to retard the progress of others on a whim. The development team seem to have the attitude of 'ignore the complaints and they dont exist' they do the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears while shouting out 'I'm not listening, la la la la'.

These problems will not go away until they're addressed and treated with the gravity they warrant.

12-31-2007 13:25 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

quote:
quote:

As time goes on, and the gaps widen, the players that do stay with that attitude will become fewer, and it won't take long for the rate of people leaving to surpass the rate of new people staying

The rate of departure has already surpassed those who continue to stay. look at the ranking board and you can see that most of the last 13 000 are all one points, and will likely stay there for as long as the account continues to exist.

quote:
The major issue that has been raised (and only really acknowledged by Szeszej) is the balance of power in the game, players and more aptly clans being able to retard the progress of others on a whim. The development team seem to have the attitude of 'ignore the complaints and they dont exist' they do the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears while shouting out 'I'm not listening, la la la la'.

These problems will not go away until they're addressed and treated with the gravity they warrant.

I think ... that the problem has been ignored to such an extent that it is not possible to rectify any longer, in the same way that if you don't delete a virus quickly, it is impossible to remove.

... It also wouldn't suprise me if the metaphorical fingers of the BW team are stuck in their ears, it's unlikely that they will change anything now, especially not on this server, as long as they get the money that's all that matters...

the opinions of players aren't taken heed of, and to be honest, are rarely given.

12-31-2007 13:39 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Elisabeth
Lord

Rule of equal siege to gain PoH on this server don't work. This should be removed because to gain any PoH you need to split clan and this shouldn't work this way.

EoD can't fight anyone
BoS maybe DB but I don't think that DB would fight back
BC vs Tainted

As you see there isn't many targets for PoH sieges. Maybe rule of equality works on polish servers where you can chose freely an equal clan but here you have either none or 1 equal clan to fight.
12-31-2007 14:43 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

you dont need to split clans to make an equal siege, you simply need to negotiate.

My clan BoD and The Source did a few PoH sieges a while ago, and as you can probably see, the source are way in excess of my clan in terms of power and points, however we still got the PoH because we negotiated which members would join and which wouldnt

12-31-2007 14:49 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
L12
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2007
Clan: [Tainted]

Or you ccan stop powerhousing. Turn EoD and BoS into 5 clans of 1000 points for example. Loads of PoH then, room to take on more lower levels, and you could still have good enough players to take out Red Drakes or Hydras. If you wanted to bully someone you could alwase move around a bit so you could pick on someone like you normally do, then move back.

It all works, it just takes the agreement of players, and to overcome your greed for power. So it will never happen, but it would work.

"The essence of another’s life, given to her..."

12-31-2007 15:01 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Rule of equal siege to gain PoH on this server don't work. This should be removed because to gain any PoH you need to split clan and this shouldn't work this way.

EoD can't fight anyone
BoS maybe DB but I don't think that DB would fight back
BC vs Tainted

As you see there isn't many targets for PoH sieges. Maybe rule of equality works on polish servers where you can chose freely an equal clan but here you have either none or 1 equal clan to fight.

Rule of equal siege works perfectly if the siege sides are either thought about, or negotiated as drac says. If it were removed then theoretically the largest clan could attack the smallest clan on the lists (a highly dishonourable act) and yet still gain honour ..... I think most people will agree that the idea behind that is not only really bad, but would also add to the imbalances within the game.

EoD not being able to fight anyone is due to the concentration of power (the classic case in the argument for clan limitations and capping), and to be perfectly honest that is no-ones fault but EoD.

BC have had quite a few successful HoP sieges with BoS, DB, Source and others despite the differences in size and power, simply because the sides were either controlled or kept even through watching the way the recruitment on the weaker side went.

What you are trying to do here is to have the rules adapted to suit the minority while it should be the other way round ...... the rules should be adapted to the majority while other players adapt to these rules.

12-31-2007 15:06 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

You don't understand. Game is build in this way that anyone can join into any clan. So holding power in 1 clan is allowed. So if it is allowed and there is another rule that tells that you need to fight in equal sieges to gain PoH but you can't do it without splitting clan.
Those points are called points of honour so if administration change name of them for points of friendship then negotiation would suit them.
You should gain most of those points at war not at friendly sieges.

Administration need to either force clan to split or change the way that PoH are gained at this server. There is huge gap between clans and this is not problem of players only of administration for allowing it.
12-31-2007 15:30 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

quote:

Administration need to either force clan to split or change the way that PoH are gained at this server. There is huge gap between clans and this is not problem of players only of administration for allowing it.

Harsh words, said by part of the problem.
Lis, you say that it is not the problem of the players, but if the top players did not join under one huge banner as the ruling force of the game then there would be no problem, neither with the balance of the game, or with your ability to gain PoH.

Its because you are so full of yourselves and you are incapable of swallowing your pride and dropping out of top slot that this happens, you've said that the only way you can gain PoH is to split the clan, so do that! You don't have any obligation to be the gods of the game - it's your choice, and you chose it, and stuck with it, and you will continue to stick with it no matter what we say, because the prideful never do step down.

12-31-2007 15:40 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
quote:

Lis, you say that it is not the problem of the players, but if the top players did not join under one huge banner as the ruling force of the game then there would be no problem, neither with the balance of the game, or with your ability to gain PoH.

Its because you are so full of yourselves and you are incapable of swallowing your pride and dropping out of top slot that this happens, you've said that the only way you can gain PoH is to split the clan, so do that! You don't have any obligation to be the gods of the game - it's your choice, and you chose it, and stuck with it, and you will continue to stick with it no matter what we say, because the prideful never do step down.

Well said Drac, exactly what I've been saying for months, but maybe with someone else saying it, and in a different way it might actually sink in. And isn't forcing clans to split what you were one of the biggest opponents to when you got the zone 3 square cap/clan lifted from 3 to 12?

quote:
Those points are called points of honour so if administration change name of them for points of friendship then negotiation would suit them.
You should gain most of those points at war not at friendly sieges.

Said by someone who evidently doesn't understand the concept of honour, let me give you a brief overview:

Honour isn't steamrollering someone with over 4x their points, or 10x their power .... honour is things like 1 on 1 fights between equals, battles between even sides. Now do you see why the damage cap is there? without the cap it wouldn't be points of honour, it would simply be points of power ...... the biggest would get the most, the gaps would widen, and then the next thing you'd be whingeing about is the fact that you can only attack the people 1 up and 1 down. Understand now, what you are suggesting will kill the game, and it'll be very very lonely at the top.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 12-31-2007 17:16.

12-31-2007 16:35 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

quote:
it'll be very very lonely at the top

I think that it is already lonely at the top, lis is so lonely she needs somebody to play with, and the only people for that ... are the lower level clans...

how fortunate that we do not all think like lis, else there would be no new players for a loooong time.

12-31-2007 17:19 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Gendibal
Viking

I prefer to think about ideas that would benefit the game, and as a consequence the lower players must be factored into that ..... however most of the suggestions that have been taken on board by the developers recently have had a greater benefit to the top players and clans than anything else. I have made numerous suggestions (both on the forums and in PM) that would possibly allieviate this, but although not ignored in the main, they have been debunked and ridiculed by some of the players that they would draw power away from (the fact that one of the players that would fall into that category is me seems to elude them) and consequently passed over by the developers.

BW is becoming less about the actual playing of the game, and more about how some players can get the dev's to adjust the game system to suit them personally, without taking into account the fact that they only constitute a small minority of the active players in the game, and as such shouldn't be able to make this kind of demand.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 12-31-2007 17:33.

12-31-2007 17:32 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

The thing with that is that the majority dont speak up, believing that their opinion is basic and primary in comparison to the better ''experienced'' higher ranking players.

I know this is true, I talk to a lot of lower level players who dont even touch the forums, because they believe they can contribute nil.

12-31-2007 17:36 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Gendibal
Viking

I agree that is one of the problems, but the bigger problem is that even when you get a debate where a majority take one side, it seems that if that side suggests change, or something that would deviate the system of the international server away from the polish ones, it is either ignored or placated.

For instance almost everyone agreed that there was a problem with clan balancing, even Zauborin agreed on this, but nothing has been done to combat it ...... in fact the problem was made worse when the zone 3 cap was raised, and this was after the problem had been initially brought to light.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 12-31-2007 17:52.

12-31-2007 17:49 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

quote:
quote:

... if players didn't use suicide weapons then there would be no need to change them. Problem with suicide weapons and clan is similar if something is allowed players use it.

Increasing zone 3 capacity to 12 was normal move. Zone 3 was almost empty when only 3 members could be there.

If games look completely different that administration thought that it should look then they need to adjust it to fit reality.

If there is such a gap between clans so administration need to either change something to balance strength on this server or change PoH acquire because 50% of clans can't fight equal siege without negotiation. Blood>Wars< is this game truly a Blood War? For now it is friendly war.
01-01-2008 10:46 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

quote:
... if players didn't use suicide weapons then there would be no need to change them. Problem with suicide weapons and clan is similar if something is allowed players use it.

lis i dont believe i mentioned suicide weapons.

quote:
Increasing zone 3 capacity to 12 was normal move. Zone 3 was almost empty when only 3 members could be there.

Zone three was almost empty because all the capable players were in one clan. Your clan. Point re-proven...

01-01-2008 10:59 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Gendibal
Viking

quote:

If games look completely different that administration thought that it should look then they need to adjust it to fit reality.

If there is such a gap between clans so administration need to either change something to balance strength on this server or change PoH acquire because 50% of clans can't fight equal siege without negotiation. Blood>Wars< is this game truly a Blood War? For now it is friendly war.

Point by point here:

1: The weapons weren't mentioned, but as you've brought it up ..... if the tops want the HoPs, then they're going to have to start doing something to which most of them are unnacustomed it seems, showing some control over their choice of weapons in honour sieges to reflect the power differential between the players on both sides ........... and thats a case of players adapting to a balance rule, rather than trying to have the rules adapted to themselves.

2: Increasing zone 3 capacity was stupid at the time it was done, as it was the main controlling factor on clan size and structure, with the imbalances between clans that the 12 square limit created, it was obvious what the effect of this was going to be .... a widening of the gaps and further clan imbalance. In fact I'm surprised you didn't petition for an increase in the number of spaces per clan in zone 2 as soon as Zau moved up.

3: Exactly the point I've been trying to make for ages, but still misses the mark by quite a way, let's rewrite it the way it should look ....... If games look completely different that administration thought that it should look then they need to LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS AND adjust it to fit THE NEEDS AND WISHES OF THE MAJORITY .... which is something that the development team have failed to do.

4: ALL clans can fight even sieges .... if clans cannot show control to the point where members can get rid of their greed and possibly sacrifice their place in a siege for the sake of the greater good of the clan (like happens with almost everyone below EoD), then that is not the fault of the Honour Point system, it is the fault of the clan and, by association, the players within. I've been calling for a clan capping system for months and you have been one of the greatest opponents of that system, but now you can see what effect an uncapped clan system has on you personally in the long run you have the nerve to complain about it.

5: If you want the reason as to why >war< is no longer a big part of Blood Wars, you may just want to look at yours and your clans conduct in sieges and wars past ...... no-one wants to start one, not even a friendly war because of 4 players that set a precedent, no-one wants to fight EoD ..... because almost everyone thats been in the game a while outside the EoD circle has seen their bullying and dishonourable side, and know that they may try to stick their nose in. And as if the clan powr differential wasn't bad enough in this part of the game, the fact that unreasonable demands on ending the war would probabally be levied again is another factor.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-01-2008 11:30.

01-01-2008 11:06 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Hyperborean
Double Ace

* Vamps are well allowed to create an Uber Clan, but there is a price to pay. It's all pretty logical. If you want PoF, you need to risk loosing squares. Nothing to be changed in this regard.

* Expeditioning was meant to be a prize, I believe. The PoF exist for a reason, and they are difficult to get for one. The beasts one can find expeditioning were not meant to be the major source of PoP. Sadly, due to the enormous amounts of PoP necessary to advance further (once one's reached LVL 60), they remain the only reasonable source of the forementioned. Yet, I do not believe that changing the way expeditions work is a good way to help the game. The changes have to take place way deeper.

* Liz's special: Yes, I am getting well bored. Would not blame the maintenance, though, but the system it-self. The designers have missed the aging factor, and I don't think there is much that can be done about it now. The tournaments and somesuch can be a nice attempt at this, if they don't turn out to be a total disater, that is, but, in the end, we'll see people leaving. Me, you sheila, Tim, and all the other participants of this discussion.

* Mind you, anything done to fight the aging factor shall have a gap-widening result. This should, in turn, make the begginers resign more often. Well... what can I say. We've reached v. 1.0. It's a countdown.
01-01-2008 21:10 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperborean
* Mind you, anything done to fight the aging factor shall have a gap-widening result. This should, in turn, make the begginers resign more often. Well... what can I say. We've reached v. 1.0. It's a countdown.

Another point I've raised in a different form before ....... however there is a way of combatting this (the dev's will hate hearing it, and a few players have voiced their opposition before too), and that is to make the game finite ..... more than one server running games that eventually end in reset when someone reaches the 'top of the hill' ... zone 1 occupancy = reset in x days.

01-01-2008 21:23 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

Im not in disagreement =)

01-01-2008 21:42 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Hyperborean
Double Ace

A long-term finish would be fine. I do believe it should be the completion of all the Zone 1 tasks, though. So that there could be some nice fighting for the Zone 1 spot. This should also give some hope to the low levels. Otherwise, they'd stop playing as soon as one gets near claiming the only Zone 1 spot.

And here we get to the tasks them-selves. 65 Reputation, or what was that? And how about the mob? Still plenty to see.
01-01-2008 21:52 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Now that I could live with, that should give the game around a 2 year cycle ...... not taking zone 1 changing hands into account Smile

01-01-2008 21:58 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

Server reset would not be a wise move. It would be a lot better idea to open a new one.

As for the game. I am not going to change my opinion about balance. It was twisted at the beginning and the patches were made a bit too late. Thanks to that we have a disproportion in classes.

PoH sieges. First of all there can't be a situation where a ten times stronger clan besieges another, destroy their squares and yet wipe their PoH + receive a reward which the expeditions are. Second. There are classes designed only for sieges. They are useless at expeditions and their only hope is to get a strong company to help them. They progress a little slower but clans are winning sieges thanks to them.
Example: Shuriken of vengeance + Demon lord tattoo.

Tournaments. I have no info about them. Maybe they will await us at the upcoming patch.
I am quite curious about that "Path of the Ancients". I hope that this will bring some freshness to the game just like expeditions did. It does not belong to this topic though.

01-03-2008 20:07 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Server reset would not be a wise move. It would be a lot better idea to open a new one.

I would have to disagree with you on this one, mainly because the admins have said that a new server will not be opened until the population of Underworld gets a hell of a lot higher. The unfotunate fact is that this is not going to happen with the game in its present unbalanced state .... as you point out quite correctly lower down the patches were indeed too late, and without a server reset at some point there will never be balance to the game, therefore the population will stale and probabally lower over time. Consequently a new server will most likely never even be considered. The best time to recycle the server is, as stated previously, when zone 1 has been occupied, and all tasks within have been completed ..... as this would at least give a little time for other players to catch up and contend for the square.

quote:
As for the game. I am not going to change my opinion about balance. It was twisted at the beginning and the patches were made a bit too late. Thanks to that we have a disproportion in classes.

I agree with you on this point completely

quote:
PoH sieges. First of all there can't be a situation where a ten times stronger clan besieges another, destroy their squares and yet wipe their PoH + receive a reward which the expeditions are. Second. There are classes designed only for sieges. They are useless at expeditions and their only hope is to get a strong company to help them. They progress a little slower but clans are winning sieges thanks to them.
Example: Shuriken of vengeance + Demon lord tattoo.

On this point I would like to point out that Zeruel has been part of, and probabally will again be part of clans that a change to the PoH siege limits would benefit, so this statement is made (to my mind) out of a desire to do whats best for the game, not the small cadre of players and clans at the top. Agreed entirely.

quote:
Tournaments. I have no info about them. Maybe they will await us at the upcoming patch.
I am quite curious about that "Path of the Ancients". I hope that this will bring some freshness to the game just like expeditions did. It does not belong to this topic though.

I have no doubt that it will freshen the game up again, but you have to wonder how long it will be before that stales and just becomes 'another part of the game'.

01-03-2008 21:38 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Summary of year 2007

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH