Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld need advice... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page need advice...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kafrolex

Registration Date: 09-18-2009
Race in game: Absorber

need advice... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

heya...i am new player in the game (been around for about 2 weeks) and i rly need some advice on char development.i choose the race of absorber and i would rly like to know some things about the game.does my race get any weapon/gun specific racial trait after act 2?should i boost guns/ranged or melee weaps cause of that bonus?what happens later in the game?does x type of weap drop more than tha y type?so far i ve been bostin my stats accordin to the drops i had.str/agi/tough/perc are about the same so far.should i 'choose my path' after level 20?only thing i ve done towards a playstyle is that i upgraded uzi to level 4.soz for the huge post.ty for your time in advance Smile
09-27-2009 21:43 kafrolex is offline Search for Posts by kafrolex Add kafrolex to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-464.gif

Registration Date: 04-10-2009
Clan: Endbriners

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well most of what your askin is covered in the tutorial now i wouldent be choosing a tat until about 50 points and you prolly wont end up using any of the equipment you find cuz once you hit level 20 i think then you can get stuff outa the auction
09-27-2009 22:06 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
kafrolex

Thread Starter Thread Started by kafrolex
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well i didnt manage to find anything in the tutorial considering new racial traits...i found however the act 2 arcana.most of my questions were concerning high end process and item efficiency in the higher levels of the game.which path is best?ranged/melee/guns?no tutorials for question as this one mate Smile .
ty for your fast response.
09-27-2009 22:15 kafrolex is offline Search for Posts by kafrolex Add kafrolex to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-464.gif

Registration Date: 04-10-2009
Clan: Endbriners

well you dont get any new racia traits other than arcana and for weopon choice i'd say go for what you like best really there's no real best but some ppl say 1-h gins are over-powered but i really dont think so but anyway ook at your tatoo's and see which one you'd prefer ecause each one has a weopon restriction so base your weopon choice off that but as i said dont get a tat until about 5 points as you really do need to boost up your stats
09-27-2009 22:31 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Arcana is the important racial trait you got as a absorber. Until act 2 your arcana is only useful against other players, but the act two arcana is what makes absorbers really great.

Weapons suited best to (act2) absorbers is in my opinion ranged weapons and 1-h guns.... Reason: your act 2 arcana will eventually give you crazy good critical % making especially legendary ranged weapons really damaging

09-28-2009 08:48 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
kafrolex

i see...but what about 2x 1 hand melee?lots of crit + lots of hits per round (various tatoo paths allow +extra attacks) should really increase the damage output?right?so far in the game (i know its still very early) 2x1 hand melee seems much more reliable than 1x 2 hand.but 2hands still seem a very good option cause of all that critical.i mean huuuuge crits.ty for your answers.i ll keep em in mind
09-28-2009 12:33 kafrolex is offline Search for Posts by kafrolex Add kafrolex to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-26-2008
Clan: BOS & AOD

Keep in mind that later in the game there will be 2 handed weapons that will give you 2 hits and with a decent critical chance you could deal as much as 3 times the damage that a one handed weapon will critical at.

Take these two hit - use a tat that gives extra attacks and equip armour and jewellery that give extra attacks and you can see that 2 attacks go to 5 - take a look some of the expos that go an and look at the damage some of these 2 handed weapons do

That might help

TIME TO LOST SOME WEIGHT - I WANT MY MITSI !!!

09-28-2009 15:49 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

quote:
Originally posted by kafrolex
i see...but what about 2x 1 hand melee?lots of crit + lots of hits per round (various tatoo paths allow +extra attacks) should really increase the damage output?right?

1h guns and 2h ranged weapon can easy get more attacks per round. Also critical multiplier is 3x on ranged which is higher than 1h melee (2x).

Like Dooz said A2 absorber best for ranged and 1h guns because 1h guns don't always get a lot of critical and legendary ranged gives standard -45%.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 09-28-2009 16:41.

09-28-2009 16:41 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
kafrolex

soz for being a pain but could you compare 2h melee crits versus 2h ranged weaps crits? from the expeditions i ve seen so far on the boards...melee crits are like 50% higher than ranged.
09-28-2009 21:25 kafrolex is offline Search for Posts by kafrolex Add kafrolex to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

its in the tutorial

Critical strike deals additional damage

* melee weapons 1h *2
* melee weapons 2h *4
* firearms 1h *1.5
* firearms 2h *2
* ranged weapons 2h *3

Chance for critical strike depends on luck of fighting characters, in addition chance to hit critically may be increased by magical items.

09-28-2009 21:29 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
kafrolex

bleh...i had seen that...my bad mate.thanx
09-28-2009 21:35 kafrolex is offline Search for Posts by kafrolex Add kafrolex to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

no prob =D glad to help

09-28-2009 21:41 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

quote:
Originally posted by kafrolex
soz for being a pain but could you compare 2h melee crits versus 2h ranged weaps crits? from the expeditions i ve seen so far on the boards...melee crits are like 50% higher than ranged.

Ranged has many more attacks, in most cases, so maybe they don't compare but if you add it up it can match...

Also melee gets extra damage from Strength so it is pretty strong.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
09-28-2009 23:21 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Clan: LIG + DASH

1h guns, atm one of best choices of server

2h range, good, just look at Cezars

2h melee, Later on this wilk dominat
think 5 atts with leg perfect murderous 2 handed sword of suicide, about 85% crit probs + huge damage, u could hit 4-6k damage per round easy

Well ur choice

I picked 1h gun

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
09-28-2009 23:31 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Reason you saw most melee crits higher than ranged crits is because melee is alot easier to use and increase damage for. Damage for melee is increased by tattoos, items, equips, AND strength (the stats) in a 1:1 ratio. While ranged is increased by all BUT the stats, there is no stat to increase ranged damage.

And almost every melee user has some crazy high strength along with their agility, so their damage is boosted by their equips, their 60+ strength, their tattoo (usually about another 10-20) and disposables. Add that onto the normal damage of the weapon, and they're hitting 150s easily.

Ranged can still hit just as hard though if you do your stats right and get the right equipment. To me, it's mainly a balance between stat boosting items, and damage boosting items. Well that's what i think ranged is about.

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
09-28-2009 23:39 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld need advice...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH