Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Patch V1.0.0.5 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Patch V1.0.0.5
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Konrad
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-917.html

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Imagine we have 10+ language version of BloodWars. What you're asking us above is to reply on every post on every forum. In that case my question is how could we find time to work on new patches?

English is not our native language. Therefore we employ our project managers for other countries, which are the connectors between foreign players and us. You can't blame us for not spending whole days answering every single post on every single forums.

Another thing - compare average posts per day on both forums. I don't know how it comes, but english people doesn't like to write much on forums, 98% of players just ignores it (and it happens with other (even more popular) games too).
And the most important thing - the fact we don't write much on other language forums, doesn't mean we don't know about players' problems and opinions.

The problems with junk are being discussed, we're getting your opinions from every language version, so we can propose a solution. Feel free to propose yours.

Premium problems >> use Premium reporting option in game.
Question about game >> use "Words of advice" forum.
Other >> pm Szeszej

Please do not PM me directly. Thanks.

01-20-2008 10:15 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And we're not expecting you to answer every post BUT A LITTLE BIT OF COMMUNICATION ON THE IMPORTANT POINTS WOULD BE GOOD because although 98% of players MAY ignore the forums but it has looked for a long time that YOU ignore the 2% that don't.

Quite frankly Szeszej is the only one that appears to show an interest in Underworld, and as you can quite clearly see this is causing quite a lot of frustration and annoyance because when it comes to suggestions it seems that the only points taken into consideration are the ones from the PL servers.

Another thing that causes frustration is that half the time Szeszej can't answer our questions .... I assume because he's kept, in the main, as much in the dark as we are, so if you want an effective forum here, brief him properly on the things that he is going to be asked.

And you say the problems with junk are being discussed ..... as it's taken you 5 days to even respond to a post from Underworld asking you a simple question (which I thank you for answering, albeit indirectly) it would seem that, at best, our concerns and ideas are being discussed not by merging them with the concerns and ideas from all servers and discussing them on all forums, but by taking them to the PL server 'think tanks' and deciding on a course of action for underworld without getting our feedback (as usual).

Please understand that this is not an attack on you personally, but on the way the development team have been working as far as Underworld goes. As I don't read French I cannot comment on any concerns that they may have, but I would assume that they have the same problem, regardless of their views on it. It has been clearly shown that just because an update gets standing ovations and fanfares in Moria, it's not necessarily going to work as well if at all here ..... what we need is balance to the game, I and plenty of others have made suggestions for this before ..... and recieved no replies of note (I assume you can see where this would cause the animosity that you have seen over the last few days). Tell me, how would it look to you if you were talking to someone and they didn't reply, respond or even indicate that they knew you were talking to them? You'd think they were ignorant ..... and this is exactly whats happened here.

01-20-2008 13:24 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Firs of all, thanks for answering. I appreciate.

I know english is not your native language (nor is it mine) but since you have and english/international server in my opinion you should post on this forum as well. I'm not saying that you must, but since it is your game you have certain responsibility.

We have a wide range of players active on this forum, even if it is just 2% of players (after the inactive purge it may be even 50%) we can say that vast majority is not satisfied with the last patch (Junk)

You have a thread full of suggestions (and complaints).

Good luck improving the game further to satisfy all of us.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diablo: 01-20-2008 14:05.

01-20-2008 13:52 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

First of all, thank you for your time you have spent posting the answer, but..

quote:
Originally posted by Konrad
Imagine we have 10+ language version of BloodWars. What you're asking us above is to reply on every post on every forum. In that case my question is how could we find time to work on new patches?

You have currenly 3 language versions not 10. We are not asking you to reply to every post, but few answers here and there would be nice. If you have over 6000 posts on polish board I think few more here won't kill you.

quote:
English is not our native language. Therefore we employ our project managers for other countries, which are the connectors between foreign players and us. You can't blame us for not spending whole days answering every single post on every single forums.

Mine also not, but as I can see from your post you can write fluently in it, so I don't see problem here. I know you have managers taking care of different servers, but they must be informed from you how to answer or translate your comments to players. Again, we don't blame you for not answering to every post, but a little reaction would be really appreciated.

quote:
Another thing - compare average posts per day on both forums. I don't know how it comes, but english people doesn't like to write much on forums, 98% of players just ignores it (and it happens with other (even more popular) games too).
And the most important thing - the fact we don't write much on other language forums, doesn't mean we don't know about players' problems and opinions.

Ehm, polish forum serves to players for 6 servers by now, so there will be much more posts than here. As for english people liking to post, well you surely heard about their cold nature, but there are still many of them whom are different. It doesn't matter how much activity is here compared to polish board, because we also deserves answers. It's certainly nice that you know about our problems and opinions, but how we should know that you know it if you don't post a single word saying so.

quote:
The problems with junk are being discussed, we're getting your opinions from every language version, so we can propose a solution. Feel free to propose yours.

At least some good news here, but could be someone so nice and post here some of the suggestions from other language versions, so we also know them? Can we also know your proposal of possible solution?

My proposal posted earlier.

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
Maybe at first look the junk seems to be a good idea, but the reality shows us that it wasn't thought to full extent how big impact it will have on Underworld economy and it's cash flow. I think it negatively hit majority of players and would be wise to consider the removal of junk.

To satisfy the dev team to offer players some ability how to store money for upgrades as these are at certain level highly expensive I would like to suggest one idea which is working in other game I am playing.

It's quite easy and players will be able to save money and at the same time there will still be the possibility to get them through ambushes and sieges. It would introduce new building. The Bank. But there will be certain limitations. You will be able to deposit only 25% of your current cash once per day, but withdraw them as often as you want and as much as you want.

I could be easily implemented and will restart the cash flow.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-20-2008 14:41 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Gendibal
Viking

I think what we may need to do here is set up an open forum after each *final* patch is planned to see how it could work on each of the server types, and how the changes would affect game balance ..... with full participation between forum active players and the dev team, otherwise the Underworld players (and possibly the French players) are going to keep getting the short straw every time.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-20-2008 15:44.

01-20-2008 15:43 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoD

Thread Starter Thread Started by draculaisemo

edit post next time.

01-20-2008 16:38 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Gendibal
Viking

Who was that aimed at Drac, as there's been no consecutive posting here, so no need to edit apart from putting extra info into posts and correcting errors/typos?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-20-2008 17:23.

01-20-2008 17:23 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Velf

Registration Date: 12-10-2007

I am probably going against the grain here but I would like to say I LOVE JUNK! There was nothing worse than gathering all your hard earned cash into a big pile only to turn on the computer the next day to find it all gone and you had to start again. I had resorted to having my own junk fund in my armoury. High value items that I did not need that I would sell when I needed to upgrade my buildings. Junk has just replaced what a lot of people were already doing, hording their money.

Ok so getting money is now much harder but that means you have to be organised. Personally I used to use lgo like water, spy half way across the game three times in a row etc, never thinking how much money I was using. What was the point? All I had to do was ambush some poor lower level player hand I'd have another 100, 000 lgo to play with.

I have had no problem upgrading buildings etc. I ambush and sell stuff, every time I hit that magic 20,000 number the money goes into junk. Sure it takes longer but it is far less annoying than trying to build up your funds only to have them snatched before you could use them. It's a much fairer system I feel. Now I don't mind getting ambushed because I'm not going to have to start from scratch and I don't mind trying to take on higher level players because I know that my money is safely tucked away. If I fail it is not a disaster.

This is not a game that you are meant to advance rapidly in. Personally I think organisation and planning of how to use your resources is now the issue. People who have never had to do it before don't like it. Auctioning Junk is also a good idea. I’ve been relatively unlucky with finding actionable items. What is the point of upgrading something you only get 1 BS for? This way I’ve kept myself in BS when I have needed to upgrade my equipment.

Bloodwars has my full support in introducing this, many of the lower players I know also like it. It's just my opinion but I believe game play has improved. Perhaps I'm a strategist at heart but I know what I like and I like Junk.

Now feel free to pick my argument to shreds, schism and debate are the life blood of society. Bloodwars should be no exception ;-) Tongue
01-20-2008 18:22 Velf is offline Search for Posts by Velf Add Velf to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

it was aimed at you. you have two consecutive posts right there. 0_.

01-20-2008 18:40 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

No, Mortis posted, then Gendibal then you. Mortis posted it just as Gendibal usually does, with lots of quotes and replies under each one. I got mixed up as well Drac ^^

01-20-2008 18:44 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

seems like the low players like it, i wonder how long, inactive players provide a nice source for Lgo as long as you can attack them Wink , personally i never had this problem of getting my Lgo harvested untill i had around 60 points ...

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
01-20-2008 19:28 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

And just to prove it drac, here goes again Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Velf
I am probably going against the grain here but I would like to say I LOVE JUNK! There was nothing worse than gathering all your hard earned cash into a big pile only to turn on the computer the next day to find it all gone and you had to start again. I had resorted to having my own junk fund in my armoury. High value items that I did not need that I would sell when I needed to upgrade my buildings. Junk has just replaced what a lot of people were already doing, hording their money.

Now why would you be going against the grain? We are all entitled to opinions, and the only way to get a system running that will be acceptable to the majority of players is to hear and discuss the views of both sides of the fence.

I can see your point on the frustrations of losing a good proportion of your cash overnight, I've had the same problem up here in the lofty heights (damn you and your suicide weapons Zauborin Wink lol ). The problem with the junk system is that it has been sprung without warning on us, so the low level players who have access to ready cash through ambushing the myriad inactives are well provided for, as are the high levels who are stocked up with stones and the equipment to readily get more at 24 hours notice. But the mid levels who are just that bit too high to take advantage of the inactive cash-cow but not yet high enough to have stocked up on enough stones to make an impact (and with the luck of some people not getting the decent equipment for auctioning) are left out in the cold with hindered progress and not much chance of that changing in the near future.

quote:
Ok so getting money is now much harder but that means you have to be organised. Personally I used to use lgo like water, spy half way across the game three times in a row etc, never thinking how much money I was using. What was the point? All I had to do was ambush some poor lower level player hand I'd have another 100, 000 lgo to play with.

at the level of building you (assumably) are on at the moment, upgrading is no great shakes, but when you get to the point where your buildings are getting far more expensive ( 1/2 a million Lgo for some upgrades to zone 2 and 3 buildings) then the junk systems economically destructive effect can be seen ...... just to build a single Blood Bank level in zone 2 would take 50 junk, or to do the pilgrimage tasks in zones 3 and 4 would take around 100 (or maybe more if luck was against you) .....

quote:
I have had no problem upgrading buildings etc. I ambush and sell stuff, every time I hit that magic 20,000 number the money goes into junk. Sure it takes longer but it is far less annoying than trying to build up your funds only to have them snatched before you could use them. It's a much fairer system I feel. Now I don't mind getting ambushed because I'm not going to have to start from scratch and I don't mind trying to take on higher level players because I know that my money is safely tucked away. If I fail it is not a disaster.

Now I would say that comment proves that some of the challenge and risk has been taken out of the game ..... yes, hitting someone and losing can be frustrating, but being able to shore up all your resources so that they can't be taken wipes out part of the game as far as I can see it.

I've ambushed people and had bad luck with hitting, or needed 'just one more critical' and lost (at times when I'm on the end of a lucky streak the loss sometimes ran up to 100k lgo and 20k blood, an immense amount in zone 3) ..... I don't see a problem with that, but ambushing is a risk like everything else, this just takes out part of the penalty for failure.

quote:
This is not a game that you are meant to advance rapidly in. Personally I think organisation and planning of how to use your resources is now the issue. People who have never had to do it before don't like it. Auctioning Junk is also a good idea. I’ve been relatively unlucky with finding actionable items. What is the point of upgrading something you only get 1 BS for? This way I’ve kept myself in BS when I have needed to upgrade my equipment.

Ah, now here we get to the interesting point, planning out how to use your resources ..... this is easy in the lower levels, you just ambush everyone you can and buy junk either to keep or auction ..... and it's also easy in the higher levels, just buy as much as you can at auction.

But then we come to the mid levels ..... how do they plan the usage of something that they don't have because they're at the 'wrong level' when a patch is introduced, same as it has been for the lower and mid levels in previous patches. What is needed is for a balance to be struck ....... yes i agree patches won't please everyone, but the devs have to get out of the habit of releasing this form of biased patch and look at how they can balance things up.

quote:
Now feel free to pick my argument to shreds, schism and debate are the life blood of society. Bloodwars should be no exception ;-) Tongue

Picking your argument to shreds, nah, I'd rather just put my points of view over on it and diccuss Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by DarkOne
seems like the low players like it, i wonder how long, inactive players provide a nice source for Lgo as long as you can attack them Wink , personally i never had this problem of getting my Lgo harvested untill i had around 60 points ...

But how long is that going to last for? Szeszej said in one of the other threads that sometime in the future there will be a purge of inactive/banned players, when that happens a good proportion of the cashflow from the lower level end of the game will disappear overnight, and then there will be a low level drought, junk will be harder to get because of the reduced cashflow, which means the higher level cashflow will also be pretty much crippled. The mid levels won't be affected in the main because most of them are already in that position

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-20-2008 19:35.

01-20-2008 19:28 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Gendibal you actually gave a good point about mid lvl players.
Do you think a lot of players will stay stuck around lvl 30 because they cannot compete with the let's say top 150 and cannot get enough cash from the lower players, while the top 150 is just using them for cash ambushes ?

created by Dontmess
01-20-2008 19:34 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by DarkOne
Gendibal you actually gave a good point about mid lvl players.
Do you think a lot of players will stay stuck around lvl 30 because they cannot compete with the let's say top 150 and cannot get enough cash from the lower players, while the top 150 is just using them for cash ambushes ?

Pretty much so yes, in a simpler way than I would have put it ...... but it's going to stretch further than that in my opinion.

The junk/stone influx in the lower levels will give them quite a bit of acceleration and impetus, they'll be able to save and upgrade enough to take them past the current mid level players without real trouble in time. This will have the effect of reducing the gaps in between low and mid level players, while opening up a highly increased gap in mid - high level.

And I'll just reiterate here that I am one of the higher level players who could quite easily stay quiet and benefit from the Junk system, but seeing it as an unbalancing system within the game, it's something I won't do.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-20-2008 19:43.

01-20-2008 19:41 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

mleh sorry gendibal

01-20-2008 19:41 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Velf

Registration Date: 12-10-2007

Speaking as a level 31 I am not having any of the problems you are talking about.... Yet. I admit I have not the experiance of many here all I know is that so far I have benifited from the system. I am still advancing and I don't tend to poach off inactive players, many are not worth my time.

That has been one side effect I guess, the inactive players are getting hit a lot more often. Nearly all of them in my normal attack range are on protection time when I log on. If there is a purge of them then a lot of people will lose out.

It did take me three days hard work to get enough junk to upgrade my brothel recently. 200,000 lgo. But I would have never have been able to gather the money with the amount of times I am ambushed without junk.

As for the risk being taken out of the game... Well I like it better this way maybe I'm not much of a thrill seeker as you Gendibal ;-)

If there is a problem with resorce gathering I would be the first to shout about it, but so far I am a happy camper.

I will say one thing however, this should have gone through a consultation process. Even if I like the system there was a lot of confusion over the changes even within my own clan. An anouncement should have been made in game at the very least!
01-20-2008 20:51 Velf is offline Search for Posts by Velf Add Velf to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

quote:
I have had no problem upgrading buildings etc. I ambush and sell stuff, every time I hit that magic 20,000 number the money goes into junk.

If everyone does it like this how would you 'hit that magic 20,000'? Definitely not from ambushes.
quote:
It did take me three days hard work to get enough junk to upgrade my brothel recently. 200,000 lgo. But I would have never have been able to gather the money with the amount of times I am ambushed without junk.

Lucky you, I'm happy when I get 1 junk a day.

Pople in top 50 (as far as I know) have nobody to attack for Lgo. My personal progress has slowed down because of junk - I just can't get enough Lgo to upgrade buildings even if I meet the requirements. Items in auctions will become more expensive, adding the cost of mana and nanites as well, because to have them you need to destroy items you could just sell to the shop. If this is the way the patch was designed to work then everything is fine.

quote:
As for the risk being taken out of the game... Well I like it better this way maybe I'm not much of a thrill seeker as you Gendibal ;-)

Hmm, I can sell my defensive equipment now...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diablo: 01-21-2008 00:10.

01-21-2008 00:09 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Just another reason why Junk is only supporting the Top clans, their players can siege squares which are allready build and provide their players therefore with such clans, while smaller clans cannot build up such squares ( due to the lack of money ) or enable their players to hold them ...

especially if the last owner wasn't able to build up armoury to the full lvl ... and well 10 pieces of junk just for that ... no i don't think so ... --> junk very very bad idea

created by Dontmess

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DarkOne: 01-22-2008 17:42.

01-22-2008 17:37 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Sidneykidney

images/avatars/avatar-141.gif

Registration Date: 01-10-2008

Do ideas like junk get discussed on the forums BEFORE the patch is released, or only afterwards. Surely discussing it before would bring better results....

01-22-2008 21:30 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

well thats the thing, it hasn't been discussed on this board before, maybe on the polish boards

created by Dontmess
01-22-2008 21:41 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-917.html

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

The patch 1.0.0.7 has been released to address this issue. Hopefully (with next patch which will be upgraded soon, we want to give you a little time to build Old Marker) it'll help.

Grendibal, Szeszej is our project manager for english version of BloodWars, so he can answer most of your question. He knows that if he doesn't know the answer, he has to contact us directly, and he did it several times before.

As you may already know, there are 2 types of realms. In the first type (not released in english yet) junk was the great idea, as you can easily trade it with other players. Auction is less flexible, and that's the reason of this problem. I hope you understand Smile

Premium problems >> use Premium reporting option in game.
Question about game >> use "Words of advice" forum.
Other >> pm Szeszej

Please do not PM me directly. Thanks.

01-23-2008 09:36 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I can understand the idea behind it Konrad, and in theory it is a good one ..... the problem lies in time of implementation.

Because the server is already established, and the Lgo economy has already been stabilised, the introduction of a method of hoarding resources is going to upset that economy. Basic laws of economy say that if you introduce huge amounts of cash into an economic system it devalues the currency and destabilises the entire economy (Look at Zimbabwe), similarly if you remove a large proportion of a currency from circulation, it increases the value of the currency ..... but if you remove too much, as in the case of junk in BW, it has the sme effect by creating a currency that even the holding population cannot afford.

Both of the above scenarios cause economic disasters, the US in the 1930's and Zimbabwe since 1980 are two prime examples of this.

Unfortunately the solution you have factored into the patch isn't going to work, because similar to Zimbabwe's problem, capping and changing prices of an end product does not affect supply of that product to sections of the population who cannot afford it for one reason or another in the first place.

It is simply not logical to introduce the junk system 'mid game', with the problems that have been discussed so far, it is quite clear that it is a 'clean server' system, from the start of a game or not at all.

I know Szeszej is the UK project manager, I have quite a few good discussions with him over the finer points of the patches ..... but for instance when it came to patch 1.1, he couldn't say what was actually in it so that any problems could be brought to light in advance because he didn't know. He's a bloody good project manager, but he isn't being kept fully up to date, which means that the international (not just UK) players who are trying to forward the progress of the game can only work reactively instead of proactively as most of us would like to be given the chance to do.

I suggested earlier in the thread an open forum on patches in advance of their release so that any problems that are unforseen by your team, yet are self evident to the players can be brought to light in advance of the actual release ..... given that the open forum would have to have a limited number of players, from a broad cross section of levels and servers ..... would this be an acceptable idea for improvement to you?

We know that you want to create a game that is fun and fair, and it's in our interests to help you do that, the problem has always lay in communication and willingness to accept the help we offer.

I also know that a lot of my posts sound a little off colour and offensive, but pulling punches and tiptoeing round sensitivities isn't going to get any solution hammered out.

And as a final note of humour:

quote:
Originally posted by Konrad
Grendibal

Woohoo, I'm finally half way to being a monster ....... all I need to do now is figure out how to make the final transition into Grendel Tongue

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-23-2008 10:23.

01-23-2008 09:57 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Sidneykidney

images/avatars/avatar-141.gif

Registration Date: 01-10-2008

Perhaps a solution is to make a limit to the amount of money you can put into junk. But rather than having a simple cash limit, make it a percentage of the amount you have.

eg instead of having 100,000 Lgo and buying all the junk you can afford (possible at the moment) make it so you can only put 50% of the money you have into Junk. That way people can still 'bank' money, saving it for when they need to build buildings etc. but sieges and attacks are still worthwhile as people do have money to take.

With the above rule in place you can only buy 50,000 Lgo of junk and 50,000 remains in your account. If you are attacked and you lose 20,000 the figures do not balance and you are not allowed to buy any more junk until the 50/50 proportion is corrected. You can still sell your junk. Its all about keeping the 50/50 balance.

So how is that? What am I missing? There is still cash to be gained... lower levels can protect their gold.... sieges are made more worthwhile....

Any flaws?

SidneyKidney

01-23-2008 20:14 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
Maybe at first look the junk seems to be a good idea, but the reality shows us that it wasn't thought to full extent how big impact it will have on Underworld economy and it's cash flow. I think it negatively hit majority of players and would be wise to consider the removal of junk.

To satisfy the dev team to offer players some ability how to store money for upgrades as these are at certain level highly expensive I would like to suggest one idea which is working in other game I am playing.

It's quite easy and players will be able to save money and at the same time there will still be the possibility to get them through ambushes and sieges. It would introduce new building. The Bank. But there will be certain limitations. You will be able to deposit only 25% of your current cash once per day, but withdraw them as often as you want and as much as you want.

I could be easily implemented and will restart the cash flow.

Ive also seen this "Banking" system implemented in similar games, such as Hooded Gunman (which is terrible by the way, so dont punish me for advertising Tongue )

It works perfectly, allowing players to put cash aside and save for weapons, etc, whilst maintaining the cashflow of the game.

Personally im doing alright for Lgo at the moment and im actually still managing to buy junk maybe once a day, but i can see that its going to get harder as i progress further (currently lvl 39)

02-24-2008 04:51 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Ive also seen this "Banking" system implemented in similar games, such as Hooded Gunman (which is terrible by the way, so dont punish me for advertising Tongue )

It works perfectly, allowing players to put cash aside and save for weapons, etc, whilst maintaining the cashflow of the game.

Personally im doing alright for Lgo at the moment and im actually still managing to buy junk maybe once a day, but i can see that its going to get harder as i progress further (currently lvl 39)

That banking system would work perfectly, but as has been shown in the past on many occasions the suggestion has been simply IGNORED WITHOUT COMMENT for approximately 4 weeks. Does that sound like the way to run a game (or a business) to you ........ nope, thought not.

Level 39 is coming up to the top end of the low levels at the moment ...... the tricky part is going to be (rough estimate) between levels 42 and 50.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 02-24-2008 20:48.

02-24-2008 20:48 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

A bank would be a good idea since a lot of people (including myself) have gone a little junk crazy and don't let their logo get past 20,000.
Quite personally I like the idea of being able to store your resources away and not have to worry if you get attacked by stronger players. If a bank is created though, it should also store people and blood. Not all of it mind you, restrictions should be in effect. Say, you can only have about half your resources in the bank at any given time or something to that effect.
I can see junk making it difficult in the higher levels but right now I've got so much I really don't have to worry. As I get stronger, I'll only get more so I don't see logo being a big issue for me.
I agree with a lot of people here in the simple fact that junk should have been explained better once it was introduced. A lot of people had no idea what it did. I personally thought it would open up a whole new trading unit besides the auction. I've noticed quite a few things aren't explained in full when introduced to the English server, it kind of makes me wish I was a polish player.
There will always be problems with a game that is just starting out, or has not been out long. New ideas come to the development teams mind and they decided to throw it in to make the game 'better'. But, if something is established, throwing in something to make it better, could in fact, make it worse.
I can't wait until they get rid of the players who are banned or haven't been around for like six months. Then we'll see cash limitations and sieging inactives for a better square will become obsolete. It will make the game more interesting though...

Lysandra

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

02-24-2008 21:25 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Patch V1.0.0.5

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH