Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Weapon upgrade » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Weapon upgrade 2 Votes - Average Rating: 8.002 Votes - Average Rating: 8.002 Votes - Average Rating: 8.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Question Weapon upgrade Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: 14030

Problem description:
I have a Hunting Rifle +3 - requirements = LEVEL: 23, STRENGTH: 17, AGILITY: 31, PERCEPTION: 26, INTELLIGENCE: 25, KNOWLEDGE: 27

I just found another Hunting Rifle - went to upgrade it to +3, and it stated the requirements = LEVEL: 24, STRENGTH: 17, AGILITY: 32, PERCEPTION: 27, INTELLIGENCE: 26, KNOWLEDGE: 28

Why are they different?

Thanks

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-21-2008 08:28 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Description of Absorber from the Tutorial:

Absorber
Little is known about origin of this bloodline. Maybe except for one thing: they're new to the world of vampires. They appeared on territory of former China, when the war was almost over. Many suspect, that they're product of Chinese experiments.

Arcana specialization: Bloodmagic Racial traits: HP +10% BP +10% easiness +5%

Retrieved from Bloodwars Races

When you look at the requirements on the upgrade screen it doesn't take into account the Absorbers 5% easiness bonus, so on the requirements between 20 and 39, it drops by 1 (5% of 20 - 39 rounded down) when the actual +3 item is held by an absorber.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-21-2008 09:25.

01-21-2008 09:23 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ah, thanks very much.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-21-2008 13:22 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

its annoying that absorbers have to do a little maths when upgrading Tongue
it puts me off of upgrading past my lvl when it tells me that my stats are no good Frown
cant there be some sort of green subtext like with sets ????

01-21-2008 19:55 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoD

it would result in a lot of database queries. lag. etc. usual stuff.

01-21-2008 20:30 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

In that case every time i goto my armoury it has to adjust for my absorber status and change everything to -5% stats reqs
if the database can handle that im sure it can handle showing me the stats that i would really need to be able to upgrade an item and not just the stats everyone else would see Tongue

01-21-2008 21:54 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Kavalor

Registration Date: 09-27-2007
Clan: [-BC-]

See if i understand it correctly.

Take an example of an Requirement of 36.

You have 5 percent easiness.

1. You can calculate: 36*0,05= 1.8 = rounded down 1 36-1 = 35

2. You can calculate 36*0.95 = 34.2 rounded down = 34

What is the correct way to calculate?
01-24-2008 11:17 Kavalor is offline Search for Posts by Kavalor Add Kavalor to your Buddy List Add Kavalor to your Contact List YIM Account Name of Kavalor: kavalorireland
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

I think the first one.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-24-2008 11:30 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Kavalor
2. You can calculate 36*0.95 = 34.2 rounded down = 34

It shouldn't be rounded down. We have to define: what does it mean to have the required stats? It means that you have to have > or = stats.

The smallest number that is bigger than 34,2 is 35.

01-24-2008 15:23 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
Kavalor

Registration Date: 09-27-2007
Clan: [-BC-]

Yes actually that makes sense.
01-24-2008 15:26 Kavalor is offline Search for Posts by Kavalor Add Kavalor to your Buddy List Add Kavalor to your Contact List YIM Account Name of Kavalor: kavalorireland
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

think of it this way, the stat requirement is dropped by 1 for every 20 full levels of requirement on the equipment (1 in 20 is 5%).

so:
lvl 1 - 19 is less than 1, so =0
lvl 20 - 39 = drop of 1
lvl 40 - 59 = drop of 2

etc.

so divide the stat or level requirement by 20, and then take the whole number from the original requirement (30/20 = 1.5 ...... drop of 1, new requirement 29)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-24-2008 17:29.

01-24-2008 17:25 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu
Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin - my brain hurts! But thank you all for the helpful advice & explanations. I will make sure I have my calculator handy at all times.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-24-2008 20:44 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
hellmaker2

Registration Date: 05-07-2008
Clan: LOR

wow i have just learn so much from reading this lot cool Big Grin

05-13-2008 16:22 hellmaker2 is offline Homepage of hellmaker2 Search for Posts by hellmaker2 Add hellmaker2 to your Buddy List Add hellmaker2 to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of hellmaker2: rp@msn.com YIM Account Name of hellmaker2: robbie@msn.com View the MSN Profile for hellmaker2
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Did you learn about necroposting as well?

05-13-2008 16:33 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
hellmaker2

i must off missed that what is it? Tongue

05-13-2008 16:36 hellmaker2 is offline Homepage of hellmaker2 Search for Posts by hellmaker2 Add hellmaker2 to your Buddy List Add hellmaker2 to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of hellmaker2: rp@msn.com YIM Account Name of hellmaker2: robbie@msn.com View the MSN Profile for hellmaker2
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

quote:
24-01-2008 20:44

Necroposting= posting a reply to a thread which has been long dead (over several months). Necroposting is an offence, and you can recieve a warning for it. Dont do it in the future.
05-13-2008 16:39 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
hellmaker2

lol still don,t no what u mean but never mind r u minibob? in the game? Tongue

05-13-2008 16:45 hellmaker2 is offline Homepage of hellmaker2 Search for Posts by hellmaker2 Add hellmaker2 to your Buddy List Add hellmaker2 to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of hellmaker2: rp@msn.com YIM Account Name of hellmaker2: robbie@msn.com View the MSN Profile for hellmaker2
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

it means you should not post in threads that have not been used for more than a month ( in your case 2 weeks! )

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
05-13-2008 16:51 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by hellmaker2
lol still don,t no what u mean but never mind r u minibob? in the game? Tongue

THIS particular post, falls under the category of 'spam' as it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. this is also a warnable offence, so please dont do it in future either.

Necroposting= if a topic has been dead (dead = no one has replied to it) a long time (several months) (depends which section of the forum its in) then you can recieve a warning for your post.

yes, im minibob in game. if you wish to continue this discussion, or have further queries, please feel free to PM someone.
05-13-2008 16:53 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
hellmaker2

oh yes Big Grin

05-13-2008 17:01 hellmaker2 is offline Homepage of hellmaker2 Search for Posts by hellmaker2 Add hellmaker2 to your Buddy List Add hellmaker2 to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of hellmaker2: rp@msn.com YIM Account Name of hellmaker2: robbie@msn.com View the MSN Profile for hellmaker2
liamb1992
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by hellmaker2
oh yes Big Grin

this is also spam, thats a warning.

As the problem has been solved i shall close this topic.
05-13-2008 17:04 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Weapon upgrade

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH