Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Newbie need some hint/help » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Newbie need some hint/help
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CaCo

Registration Date: 10-02-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: none yet

Newbie need some hint/help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi All,

I am pretty new to this game but it is already sucked me in.
However i need some advice how should i progress since i do not want to regret any of my steps made in ambush/stats etcetc. So i would like to kindly ask you who have experience more than me to give me some hints.
At this moment my char looks like this:

Cultist lvl9 LUCK 5

DEFENCE 21
STRENGTH 13
AGILITY 12
TOUGHNESS 11
APPEARANCE 0
CHARISMA 7
REPUTATION 14
PERCEPTION 10
INTELLIGENCE 12
KNOWLEDGE 13

Weapon: short bow, since as far as i can see it gives me the best dmg atm. Was thinking about on Glock (1H gun) but as i can see my Agility bonus from Arcane i should go as a meele.
Any opinion on this?
And a little bit another kind of questions:
Is it possible change my zone?
Should i start sieging (inactive) players on this lvl yet or waot till im getting on higher levels?

And some chit-chat Smile (if it is not problem)
Can some1 tell me how many active /semi-active ppl are on the Underworld? Or which server are more populated? Is it advised to me start on the Underworld? (i saw there are more complex playstlye here, thats why i came to Underworld)
As for now i can see only inactive players around my lvl, it is a kind of disappointing :/

Thansk for reading and looking forward for the answers Smile

Bloody Cheers from Hungary ^^;
10-02-2009 15:02 CaCo is offline Search for Posts by CaCo Add CaCo to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Badger

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tl;dr version at the bottom. (means too long;didn't read for you computer illiterate people)

And also, i'm a CRAP veteran (i think so at least) I'm giving you advise that i think could help. Everyone says slightly different things. Ask Diablo/Mortis/Raxis for more pro advise. They've been here since the start, unlike most of us.

Everyone gets sucked in when they start, and once you pop, you can't stop XD

Anyway, at the very beginning, you should be sticking with melee weapons, mainly because you can get 4 attacks with them, and also, your strength boosts its damage (1 strength = 1 damage) unlike short bow, no stat boosts it's damage. You CAN use two glocks, since most players have low defense at the beginning, and it shouldn't be a problem, unless your hitting really low. So melee or guns. Once you hit about level 15-20 then you can use any of them, they're still all useful, but PERSONALLY, i found ranged to be the most effective out of them all (since you'll be attacking mostly inactives who didn't do their stats properly, so it should be a breeze)

Also, you can change zones, but only once you've hit the appropriate level, level 20 to move to zone 4, level 40 to move to zone 3 etc. My advise is stay in zone 5 until you've done all your tasks, and maybe until about level 25. Because moving straight to zone 4 when available is just simply a bad idea since everyone is stronger than you. Although if you find a decently built square, then go ahead and move (i did it, got my butt handed to me for days, i DID have to build my square from scratch though)

And yes, at your level, once you get vagrants, you should spy some players and siege them for their square (if it has better bodyguard/police station) just so you have more of a chance of surviving if others attack you, and vice verse. If you've found an optimal square, then if you want, siege other players for their resource. Since that means you can use all your attacks/quests, and STILL earn extra resource in the end. (an idea that JUST came to me)

Questions at the bottom: Everyone here doesn't mind talking XD We're all happy vampires, 'cept me, i'm a happy bunny Tongue
Underworld: My guess, most of the top 1000 are active, and some people below that, you never know. Also anyone in a clan is most likely active. And underworld is more populated, by 5000, but both servers have thousands of inactives.
Underworld is the more complicated of the two servers, being because we have paths to take, upgrading items, auctions, stones etc. And necropolis doesn't, just trading items/POP. (personally i find necro more confusing, but i did only start necro, and i've played underworld for near 2 years)

Wow... wall of text. Sorry. Anyway, tl;dr version. Melee is better at the beginning, then you can use any after lv 20. Steal any z5 square that's better than yours, stay in Z5 until all tasks are done. And underworld is more confusing, but i think more rewarding.

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 10-02-2009 16:30.

10-02-2009 16:28 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

chat with Cubic ingame, i will keep you in the know Big Grin

short tips for quick typing on forum [Tongue ]: melee arcana is nice for melee and range.

you can pick up many cheap range/melee weps on the auctions.

try build your square as best you can.

lvl 20 gives access to z4 sqares, you must seige these to get.

lvl 40, z3

lvl 60, z2

lvl 80, z1

there are pretty much no z3 spaces left.

r1 underworld is very full. necro not so much.

i find 2h melee is good from levels 20-40+, as is a good range setup. [reaction suffix]

you will love levels 50+ as a cultist Tongue

10-02-2009 22:42 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
you will love levels 50+ as a cultist Tongue

this is bout the time you get searing blood Wink

10-03-2009 00:48 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
CaCo

Thread Starter Thread Started by CaCo

Thanks for the inputs, it made a lot things clearer in my eyes.
It is true that the Underworld server is more populated and most surely i will not kick the ball in the end game but i just can not force myself to play on Necro, that is plain boring one.
However, i am still newbie. I sticked to dual sword atm moment but i really don't know how to develope my stats/buildings.
Things so far:
STRENGTH 16
AGILITY 12
TOUGHNESS 16
APPEARANCE 4
CHARISMA 8
REPUTATION 18
PERCEPTION 11
INTELLIGENCE 12
KNOWLEDGE 14

Helmet
Cape
Trousers
Sword
Sword

EMPLOYMENT AGENCY (LEVEL 4)
BROTHEL (LEVEL 3)
SLAUGHTERHOUSE (LEVEL 3)
POLICE STATION (LEVEL 0)
VAGRANTS` SHELTER (LEVEL 1)
BODYGUARD AGENCY (LEVEL 1)
ARMOURY (LEVEL 2)
OLD MARKET (LEVEL 0)
TAXICAB (LEVEL 1)

Hope i'm on a good way to progress :/
10-03-2009 03:27 CaCo is offline Search for Posts by CaCo Add CaCo to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

well develope as much as posible at the start as it will become a lot harder in the near future but i'd suggest goin for the police station and bodygaurd agency and of course your resource buildings

10-03-2009 10:35 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

necro is more fun than you would think.

if you get a really nice item, you have lots of power, people cannot upgrade or merge, so very good items are rarer Big Grin

also, EVERYONE is a gunner, so 2h melee is like shooting fish in a barrel.

10-03-2009 12:14 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Build your bodyguard and police up as high as you can. And keep any items that boost stats for now (since they'll be useful for quests, and buildings)

Also, you might want to change to either knuckle dusters, or daggers (and upgrade them to +4) you'll have 4 attacks instead of two. Preferably daggers, because knuckle dusters have -hit chance (basically it just makes it harder to hit) while daggers have +hit chance (the opposite)

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 10-03-2009 16:54.

10-03-2009 16:53 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
CaCo

Thnaks of rall the infos Smile It is quite usefull.
I have left one more question:
every weapon goes up to +1 attack in a round if it reached +4 or only the dagger, k.duster?
10-06-2009 07:49 CaCo is offline Search for Posts by CaCo Add CaCo to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Well some weapons will get extra attacks, some don't, but most of them get the extra attack at different upgrade levels. Knife = +5 for 2nd attack, shuri = +1 attack for every upgrade etc.

Extra attack per round

Here's another thread for extra attacks. The thread has been organised so that it assumes all weapons have 1 attack. If a weapon says +0, it means it has an extra attack from the get go. (eg Composite bow says +0, +0, +3 means it has 3 attacks as soon as you get it, and a 4th on +3)

I'm backety back back
10-06-2009 14:56 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Extra attack per round

10-06-2009 14:58 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
CaCo

Ahh i see, it clears down the things around this topic.
However ,new question popped-up :/
What does "G" stands for? example: Sword G+2
10-06-2009 15:21 CaCo is offline Search for Posts by CaCo Add CaCo to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

G = Good, you are able to upgrade items above the standard 5 levels. Although the cost becomes higher, the item becomes alot better.

ALTHOUGH, you shouldn't upgrade things beyond +5 unless they are prefixed/suffixed, or a gun of some type (1h or 2h)

I'm backety back back
10-06-2009 15:58 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
CaCo

Thank you very much for all the help!!! Smile
Looking forward to have fun with you ingame ;P
10-06-2009 16:04 CaCo is offline Search for Posts by CaCo Add CaCo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Newbie need some hint/help

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH