Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Small talk » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (36): « first ... « previous 26 27 [28] 29 30 next » ... last » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Small talk 15 Votes - Average Rating: 7.5315 Votes - Average Rating: 7.5315 Votes - Average Rating: 7.53
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Old or dying, they still can take a couple of jews with them, that's why they should be locked.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

10-13-2009 18:29 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: End/SoT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hmmm i'm rather neutral on this i do agree it happened a long time ago but some of the stuff that was done was completely horrible but i just dont see the justice in putting someone that is almost 100 years old in jail

10-13-2009 18:43 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

quote:
Originally posted by nero
hmmm i'm rather neutral on this i do agree it happened a long time ago but some of the stuff that was done was completely horrible but i just dont see the justice in putting someone that is almost 100 years old in jail

For closure. Age makes no difference. If something horrible happened to you or someone you knew and there was a chance way down the line to get the person in jail but the police na no point hes old, you would be very angry. Why would a persons age make a difference.
10-13-2009 18:46 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I'm really not surprised by the opinions of some who have who joked about violent crimes on humanity, and would dismiss the attempted extermination of an entire people.

I imagine the survivors and family friends of the victims who like to see justice served no matter how long it takes.

Being old does not excuse such huge crimes...Furthermore old people are still capable of committing crimes. Do you think a pedophile should get off their crimes because they are old?

10-13-2009 18:48 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Hespera
I'm really not surprised by the opinions of some on have who joked about violent crimes on humanity, and would dismiss the attempted extermination of an entire people.

I imagine the survivors and family friends of the victims who like to see justice served no matter how long it takes.

Being old does not excuse such huge crimes...Furthermore old people are still capable of committing crimes. Do you think a pedophile should get off there crimes because they are old?

Exactly, age is irrelevant
10-13-2009 18:49 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan
quote:
I'm really not surprised by the opinions of some on have who joked about violent crimes on humanity, and would dismiss the attempted extermination of an entire people.

Being old does not excuse such huge crimes...Furthermore old people are still capable of committing crimes. Do you think a pedophile should get off there crimes because they are old?

Agreed. But what is this justice people speak of? All it is now is a one sided system. If you want justice it has to be fair, otherwise it's just tyranny, and you become as bad as those you are attempting to put away, unless both sides pay.

But that will never happen. I'd personally like to see bush go to jail for the illegality of the war in Iraq, which, as his own advisors admitted, was an illegal war. So really justice hasn't been served, since one part of many problems is still free and living how he wants, no cares.

Until the attitude of supremacy changes, there will never be justice.

Just my view. I don't disagree those who are saying people should be punished, I just don't think it's fair to convict only one side

Your imperfection.
10-13-2009 19:29 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
quote:
quote:

Agreed. But what is this justice people speak of? All it is now is a one sided system. If you want justice it has to be fair, otherwise it's just tyranny, and you become as bad as those you are attempting to put away, unless both sides pay.

But that will never happen. I'd personally like to see bush go to jail for the illegality of the war in Iraq, which, as his own advisors admitted, was an illegal war. So really justice hasn't been served, since one part of many problems is still free and living how he wants, no cares.

Until the attitude of supremacy changes, there will never be justice.

Just my view. I don't disagree those who are saying people should be punished, I just don't think it's fair to convict only one side

Yea in that isnt relevant in the same context for ww2 Tongue
10-13-2009 19:33 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Why isn't it?

Both sides should still be punished for the war crimes.

I was giving an example of justice being a non-existant principle.

Your imperfection.
10-13-2009 19:35 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

yea but we can both agree that the nazis have much more blame to shoulder Tongue Keep in mind that war is much different that anything else, things need to be done that normally wouldnt. Its horrible but its the way of the world
10-13-2009 19:37 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
yea but we can both agree that the germans have much more blame to shoulder Tongue Keep in mind that war is much different that anything else, things need to be done that normally wouldnt. Its horrible but its the way of the world

It's true. But then you say 'things need to be done', well surely that line of thought is what exempts them?

There are still war crimes. Launching a nuclear weapon is considered a war crime, but only one time has one ever been used on people.

It's the same as, you can actually be charged for something you did, say ten years ago, that only just becmae an illegal act, whereas before it was frowned upon

Your imperfection.
10-13-2009 19:39 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
quote:
yea but we can both agree that the germans have much more blame to shoulder Tongue Keep in mind that war is much different that anything else, things need to be done that normally wouldnt. Its horrible but its the way of the world

It's true. But then you say 'things need to be done', well surely that line of thought is what exempts them?

There are still war crimes. Launching a nuclear weapon is considered a war crime, but only one time has one ever been used on people.

It's the same as, you can actually be charged for something you did, say ten years ago, that only just becmae an illegal act, whereas before it was frowned upon

U can get jailed for doing something 10 years ago that was frowned apon but legal but later it becomes legal gettin u jailed? lol so awkard to word. War has different rules, i understand where you are comming from but u cant bring it down to truisms Tongue

Any one who commits a war crime should be dealt with but u cannot jail someone for something that wasnt illegal at the time. The bomb dropping set a precedent but as there was nothing remotly similar happening before and it was deemed as necessary(subject to interpretation) it wouldnt be accountable on the same level as the gulf war. What happened to the jews was illegal at the time hense being jailed now
10-13-2009 19:46 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
nero

i have to agree with raxis both side commited horrible acts and i do believe you misunderstood me i do believe the ppl who commited those horrible acts should be punished but i do not see the point in sending a n old man who's life is nearly over anyway to prison and i dont just mean the axis america nuke nagasaki and hirishima (not sure of spelling) and there was millions of innocent ppl there but why did they have to die also the bobim=ngs in germany was unbelieveble bad entire city's were completey wiped out and the axis were just as bad they concentration camps were horribe

10-13-2009 19:49 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
quote:
quote:

U can get jailed for doing something 10 years ago that was frowned apon but legal but later it becomes legal gettin u jailed? lol so awkard to word. War has different rules, i understand where you are comming from but u cant bring it down to truisms Tongue

Any one who commits a war crime should be dealt with but u cannot jail someone for something that wasnt illegal at the time. The bomb dropping set a precedent but as there was nothing remotly similar happening before and it was deemed as necessary(subject to interpretation) it wouldnt be accountable on the same level as the gulf war. What happened to the jews was illegal at the time hense being
jailed now

I know it's awkward to work. It's illegal after the event basically.

Really? Well most war crimes have been written down as war crimes in the years, due to world war two, so surely your logic applies there as well.

It's one of those subjects where you can't really have a certainty in the arguements, because if you do one thing then you have to do it for all... rather annyoing.

Now there are a few, Hitlars close colleagues, who SHOULD have been jailed, because the atrocities they comitted were already considered war crime.

--------------
There was a saying, by the Germans.

'If the germans were bombing, the brits ran for cover.
If the brits were bombing the germans ran for cover
If the Americans were bombing everyone ran for cover'

Something along those lines. Indiscriminate of targets.

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 10-13-2009 19:54.

10-13-2009 19:52 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
i have to agree with raxis both side commited horrible acts and i do believe you misunderstood me i do believe the ppl who commited those horrible acts should be punished but i do not see the point in sending a n old man who's life is nearly over anyway to prison and i dont just mean the axis america nuke nagasaki and hirishima (not sure of spelling) and there was millions of innocent ppl there but why did they have to die also the bobim=ngs in germany was unbelieveble bad entire city's were completey wiped out and the axis were just as bad they concentration camps were horribe

I would hardly equte anything the axis did including the bomb to the concentration camps. The nazis started a war on the whole of europe, u think bombing them into submission was harsh? And as i said before, why should age matter, you havnt given a reason, u never thought of the families? a sense of closure?

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Any one who commits a war crime should be dealt with but u cannot jail someone for something that wasnt illegal at the time. The bomb dropping set a precedent but as there was nothing remotly similar happening before and it was deemed as necessary(subject to interpretation) it wouldnt be accountable on the same level as the gulf war. What happened to the jews was illegal at the time hense being
jailed now

I know it's awkward to work. It's illegal after the event basically.

Really? Well most war crimes have been written down as war crimes in the years, due to world war two, so surely your logic applies there as well.

It's one of those subjects where you can't really have a certainty in the arguements, because if you do one thing then you have to do it for all... rather annyoing.

Now there are a few, Hitlars close colleagues, who SHOULD have been jailed, because the atrocities they comitted were already considered war crime

Yea true. As far as i know mass genocide was illegal pre ww2
10-13-2009 19:53 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
quote:

I would hardly equte anything the axis did including the bomb to the concentration camps. The nazis started a war on the whole of europe, u think bombing them into submission was harsh? And as i said before, why should age matter, you havnt given a reason, u never thought of the families? a sense of closure?

Does opinion need a reason? Because no matter what reason you give someone who has a difference of opinion will say you are wrong

Your imperfection.
10-13-2009 19:55 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
quote:
quote:

Does opinion need a reason? Because no matter what reason you give someone who has a difference of opinion will say you are wrong

No of course not, but in the interests of discussion repeating the same point without giving a reason seems a little redundant Tongue
10-13-2009 19:56 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No of course not, but in the interests of discussion repeating the same point without giving a reason seems a little redundant Tongue

Well true :p

Your imperfection.
10-13-2009 19:57 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Wow, we are actually agreeing on things, is the world ending? Tongue if so, evan u getter give me a cookie before i die cuz if u survive im haunting u
10-13-2009 19:59 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
nero

quote:
quote:

tis my main reason there almost dead they should be punished in the time there alive but i also see the point that they were simply following orders aswell, there have been cases where ppl who disobayed orders were shot there and then and it was on both sides this happened (moreso the axis)

They may have started the war but believe it or not they had some cause after WW1 everything was blamed on germany and they had massive penalties put on them yet it wasnt completely germanys fault at all but i do thenk hitler was a bit extreme on how he did it i dont really aprove of war but i can see where it started and how

10-13-2009 20:03 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
quote:
quote:

tis my main reason there almost dead they should be punished in the time there alive but i also see the point that they were simply following orders aswell, there have been cases where ppl who disobayed orders were shot there and then and it was on both sides this happened (moreso the axis)

They may have started the war but believe it or not they had some cause after WW1 everything was blamed on germany and they had massive penalties put on them yet it wasnt completely germanys fault at all but i do thenk hitler was a bit extreme on how he did it i dont really aprove of war but i can see where it started and how

It was germanys fault, they started a war, they werent provoked. The war was started to claim land for germany. They had to pay reparations for a reason aswell. I think "a bit extreme" is a bit of an understatement considering millions of ppl died becasue of him. How was it not all germanys fault? i mean for starting the war. And put it this way if hypothetically some1 u love was killed but the person was an old person, u would say na fair nuff leave it be, hes old, he will die soon anyway

Edit: They should have been punished back then, u ever think there was a rason why they werent, oh i dont know, mabye because they didnt know where they where or that that new details had come to light
10-13-2009 20:13 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
*GayTiger*

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 09-28-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: Source

harassing moosey is fun Tongue
10-13-2009 21:21 *GayTiger* is offline Search for Posts by *GayTiger* Add *GayTiger* to your Buddy List
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

history remembers winners and forgets and punishes losers

if germany had won the war we would all be talking about the horric things the allied forces did and chatting in german to boot

socities rules are formed under the evolution of a culture, all through mans time look at certian things that have been done, sacrifes to gods, canabalism, homosexuality, exicutions

all these things are or have been classed as "ILLEGAL" as you say, by our cultre at some point in time. but wat does illigal actually mean its all just a set of man made constructs that we choose to live under because we have this need to think ourselfs civilized and therefore superior to other beings on this planet

but fact is we are animals just a differant species and you dont see monkeys and sharks or even birds complaining and/or locking people up, most just except the new alpha male that just killed the old one and move on, and that exactly wat would have happened if germany had won

they would have been the new alpha male, so in our own way we are all still animals we just put a shroud on what our instincts tell us and call it democricy/free will

10-13-2009 22:40 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
nero

quote:
Originally posted by Agresiel

if germany had won the war we would all be talking about the horric things the allied forces did and chatting in german to boot

socities rules are formed under the evolution of a culture, all through mans time look at certian things that have been done, sacrifes to gods, canabalism, homosexuality, exicutions

all these things are or have been classed as "ILLEGAL" as you say, by our cultre at some point in time. but wat does illigal actually mean its all just a set of man made constructs that we choose to live under because we have this need to think ourselfs civilized and therefore superior to other beings on this planet

but fact is we are animals just a differant species and you dont see monkeys and sharks or even birds complaining and/or locking people up, most just except the new alpha male that just killed the old one and move on, and that exactly wat would have happened if germany had won

they would have been the new alpha male, so in our own way we are all still animals we just put a shroud on what our instincts tell us and call it democricy/free will

unfortunately this is true we can tihnk ourselves superior to animals but in reality we are animals we just so happen to be a lot smarter and be way on top of the food chain

10-13-2009 22:45 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

quote:
Wow, we are actually agreeing on things, is the world ending? Tongue if so, evan u getter give me a cookie before i die cuz if u survive im haunting u

10-13-2009 22:51 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
nero

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
quote:

i lol'd so much

10-13-2009 22:56 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Agresiel

DONT EAT IT

ITS LACED WITH SPIDERS

HE'S TRYING TO KIIILLLLLL YOOOOOUUUU

10-13-2009 22:56 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

I'm just speeding up the process Big Grin

10-13-2009 22:59 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
AudatiousTitan
Lord

oooh, yummy, i love spiders xD

Edit, you had to be lazy about it didnt you, i wanted double choc chip Frown
10-13-2009 23:09 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
quote:

unfortunately this is true we can tihnk ourselves superior to animals but in reality we are animals we just so happen to be a lot smarter and be way on top of the food chain

Smarter than other animals? Or more adaptable via techonologyy. I've yet to see other animals demolish the planet Tongue

Your imperfection.
10-14-2009 02:05 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Pops

well other animals have been seen to use tools to get at food. even just a rock to bash open a shell to eat whats inside.

i dont beleive that humans are civilised really.... if we look at other animals like packs of dogs, lions or primates. they have a leader (alpha male) and they stick to their hierachy until one decides to overthrow the other even if there is no food around. society revolves around whats is in mans' stomach (man as a species, women included too).

society is 3 meals from anarchy

10-14-2009 12:50 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tempest

images/avatars/avatar-358.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: LGN

lol 3 meals from anarchy , thats not what motivates alpha males & alpha females it's sex as simple as , it's dominance to reproduce , only aplha males / females in the wild reproduce others are carers

In Game Name TEMPEST
10-14-2009 13:08 Tempest is offline Search for Posts by Tempest Add Tempest to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Originally posted by Bavan-shi
lol 3 meals from anarchy , thats not what motivates alpha males & alpha females it's sex as simple as , it's dominance to reproduce , only aplha males / females in the wild reproduce others are carers

Not even all animal societies have that however. Despite having an alpha male and female the entire pack are allowed to breed.

And the drive, food, reproduction ect.

It's survival

Your imperfection.
10-14-2009 13:22 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Agresiel

quote:

Not even all animal societies have that however. Despite having an alpha male and female the entire pack are allowed to breed.

It's survival

he speaks the truth

however alpha male does tend to get first choice of mate and food

10-14-2009 13:29 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

That would be an ecumenical matter!

10-14-2009 15:56 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
nero

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
That would be an ecumenical matter!

lmao i now got an idea for a siggy

10-14-2009 18:04 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
quote:

It's survival

he speaks the truth

The alpha does have first choice. Hence America being the world alpha. It's similar principle on a larger scale

Your imperfection.
10-14-2009 19:37 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
*GayTiger*

quote:
quote:
quote:

It's survival

he speaks the truth

The alpha does have first choice. Hence America being the world alpha. It's similar principle on a larger scale

i prefer thinking of it like the roller of a joint is the alpha, therefore gets rollers rights Tongue
10-14-2009 23:12 *GayTiger* is offline Search for Posts by *GayTiger* Add *GayTiger* to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*

i prefer thinking of it like the roller of a joint is the alpha, therefore gets rollers rights Tongue

10-14-2009 23:43 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
nero

lol i love u so much arty

10-15-2009 00:13 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
*GayTiger*

i love arty too Big Grin too many lol pictures he has xD
10-15-2009 07:06 *GayTiger* is offline Search for Posts by *GayTiger* Add *GayTiger* to your Buddy List
Pages (36): « first ... « previous 26 27 [28] 29 30 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Small talk

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH