Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Rage Against The Machine for Christmas No. #1 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rage Against The Machine for Christmas No. #1 6 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Rage Against The Machine for Christmas No. #1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As of dec 13, people are going to buy 'Killing in the Name of' by RATM to protest X-Factor moneyfarming and overfranchising etc etc.

Check the facebook group, with over 500,000 members willing to buy at least one copy of KitNo.

Ill probably get censored for linking, but check various news sites, facebook, apparently twitter is popular also.

Rage Against the Machine - '**** you i wont buy what you sell me!'

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by OTNC: 12-18-2009 14:32.

12-09-2009 22:35 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Shrewd bit of marketing from Sony i'd say ;-)
12-09-2009 22:39 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Thread Starter Thread Started by OTNC
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Could be apple, HMV etc.

Who cares?

Better than accepting the XF marketing. Id rather not waste precious tv slots for another 6 years of simon cowells cheeky grin.

12-09-2009 22:42 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

hahaha they have been talking about that on radio one lolol i think it would be well smart haha be better than a cheeeesy song Big Grin

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

12-09-2009 22:49 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

My point being there are bands out there not even charging for their music, bands who have truly given the middle finger to record labels, Nine Inch Nails to name but one.

Make a number one no major record label makes money from, then i'll sign up.

Otherwise you're just taking money from one big greedy pocket and sinking it into another.

While RATM are signed to a Sony subsidiary record label (Epic) they'll never be more than shallow counter-culture for the middle class.

Their message is strong (if slightly juvenile), but their credibility is weak.

EDIT:
Having said all that, i do quite like RATM muscially :-P

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 12-09-2009 22:54.

12-09-2009 22:51 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
Their message is strong (if slightly juvenile), but their credibility is weak.
EDIT:
Having said all that, i do quite like RATM muscially :-P

Yeah i do agree with most you say.

Nobody listens to bands with messages. However, some like RATM and Rise Against weave messages into their songs.

I dont really care as long as its a good song.

Which, i hastily add, KitNo is, imo.

So, dont you think 97p is worth it? even if you already have it? lol.

EDIT: Just to add, if it wasnt a song i really like, i wouldnt really give a shizzle about the group/movement etc.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by OTNC: 12-09-2009 23:12.

12-09-2009 23:10 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

Damn straight guys! RATM kick ass and they really deserve to get number 1 over any X factor rubbish! I'll be buying the song again definitely!

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

12-10-2009 17:53 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009

i'll support them and torrent it?

since i dont give one about x-factor or what other people think about songs i shant be buying this, however i do love them.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

12-10-2009 18:53 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/10122009/19/simon...ign-stupid.html

This is brilliant. Also, are you serious? If you like the band, support it by buying the song.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

12-10-2009 20:49 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

This week is the time to buy guys Smile

i have Smile

12-15-2009 17:03 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

hahahahahaha this is classic Big Grin lololol

they have just said on the radio that rage is well ahead of the X factor fella hahaha it would be amazing if it did actually get to christmas number 1 hahaha

12-16-2009 12:18 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

i find it sad that they have to put a new boy down just to get to simon. just boy cott x factor and britains got talent instead of taking it of him.

p.s i dont like ether song and wont be buying any of them

and i hope rage arnt proud to be xmas number one. they got there due to pettyness not due to there abilte which is good but this way has taken it off them aswell.

this not the way to do it

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 12-16-2009 12:41.

12-16-2009 12:40 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0Auo50A...player_embedded

Hahah i joined the group on facebook and this made me laugh so much Tongue

12-18-2009 23:08 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

They played live on radio 5 live

If you want to laugh, skip to 8:40 on this video, it was the live broadcast Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiiQPqmYE1A

EDIT: The downfall remix video make me rofl, good job Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by OTNC: 12-18-2009 23:59.

12-18-2009 23:58 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
kazgar the angry

Registration Date: 04-14-2009

c'mon Rage I thourghly agree even though the wife made me watch every X factor I think it is about time that cowell got put in his place and a proper christmas song made it to no. 1
12-19-2009 00:13 kazgar the angry is offline Search for Posts by kazgar the angry Add kazgar the angry to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

RATM are a good band, but i dont think a song that says "f*** you, i wont do what you tell me!" will get no.1 for christmas,
As a matter of fact, i dont any metal or rock song will ever get christmas no.1,

12-19-2009 01:23 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
foxes

Registration Date: 09-26-2009
Clan: BCE

the 8:40 part is spot wot thay are saying nice tune anyways

12-19-2009 01:28 foxes is offline Search for Posts by foxes Add foxes to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Cheese!!!!!!!!! Big Grin
RATM are a good band, but i dont think a song that says "f*** you, i wont do what you tell me!" will get no.1 for christmas,
As a matter of fact, i dont any metal or rock song will ever get christmas no.1,

Slade did I think.

It's pettyness to be honest. And somewhat putting Rage in a bad light to those who respected them for not selling out

Your imperfection.
12-19-2009 18:43 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

Dont quote me!
And who are slade?

12-19-2009 19:11 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

RATM are giving all proceeds to a homeless charity however. Is this the bad light for RATM raxis?

Also, they werent involved in the campaign to start off with, it was a couple who like their music and dislike the x factor. So how is this selling out?

12-19-2009 19:15 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Because now they've jumped on the bandwagon for something that starts as a joke. No matter how much they donate it's publicity for them which in the long run makes them more money.

As for putting them in a bad light. Blatant selling out does. How much they donate won't even touch the amount that Bill Gates donates, and it is very seldom that he is portrayed in a good manner. Same applies here

Your imperfection.
12-19-2009 22:18 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Because now they've jumped on the bandwagon for something that starts as a joke. No matter how much they donate it's publicity for them which in the long run makes them more money.

As for putting them in a bad light. Blatant selling out does. How much they donate won't even touch the amount that Bill Gates donates, and it is very seldom that he is portrayed in a good manner. Same applies here

I dont understand this, i think perhaps you are being overly negative.

They claim to give 100% of anything this earns to charity, so this cannot be a bad thing. How much would Joe donate?

Either way, charity benefits.

I dont feel it was a bandwagon thing, of course they have to notice that 500,000 people are lobbying for their song to be bought. It took 500k people to join before RATM even came out in public to acknowledge this.

You still havent shown how they are sellouts, comparing them to Bill Gates is also not the best analogy.

How much has BG made in his career? And what %ge of this has been donated? Perhaps a smaller proportion.

By the way, i have no beef with you at all my friend, I just do not understand your arguments, and why you are so against RATM. Perhaps you do not like their music?

The main thing for me, is that their CD has been in my CD rack and MP3/IPod for many years now, im glad it has resurfaced. Id gladly throw away 99p for this cause, especially if it is fractionally going towards charity [granted, most of it isnt. and not implying this is my only charitable action, i donate to several charities.]

12-20-2009 01:14 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC

How much has BG made in his career? And what %ge of this has been donated? Perhaps a smaller proportion.

On a point of fact Bill Gates donated, i think it was 50% of his entire wealth, to charity a few years ago.

So yes, i would say that he has given more to charity, as a percentage and as an amount.

It's not often, but i do find myself agreeing with Raxis this time. Though i dont think it was this that ruined their credibility, but rather screaming anti-capitalism and then signing to a Sony label.

Oh and by the by, while you're praising RATM and their charity-giving, it may be noted that "Some of the proceeds made from the single will be donated to a UK-based music charity.", key word there being SOME not ALL or 50% or 75%.
12-20-2009 13:11 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Rage against the machine - killing in the name of is the xmas number 1 YAAAAAAAY!!

12-20-2009 19:21 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
By the way, i have no beef with you at all my friend, I just do not understand your arguments, and why you are so against RATM. Perhaps you do not like their music?

Oh no I've had the album for a while. Long before this false revolution.

From which Cowell profits from not only Joe's sales, but Rage's also

Your imperfection.
12-20-2009 19:44 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

lol it actually made number 1 hahaha thats classic

12-20-2009 20:15 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Rage Against The Machine for Christmas No. #1

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH