Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Idea to help with lack of Expo mobs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Idea to help with lack of Expo mobs 10 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kobruk

Registration Date: 08-17-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: The Fluffs

Idea to help with lack of Expo mobs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've heard lots of grumbles regarding the complete lack of mobs available within a couple of days of the reset and that, especially for the lower ranked players or those in Z4, the costs of regen are very excessive.

Even for top players the costs of regen can be 2-3K PoH which is a huge chunk.

My proposal would fit with the current badge system.

You currently are limited to going for a higher mob by the badges you possess, but can join any level expo as help. I suggest a reverse system, stopping you starting expos on lower ranked mobs (say 3 less than your current badge allows) but still allowing you to participate as help on any expo.

This would give a tiered expo system, and would aid the lower ranked players by potentially reducing the number of people who can go for any mob as they progress through the badges. If you're happy with your level then you don't need to get the next badge until you don't get enough points from the mob's you can hit.

I know this will not go down well with many but figured I'd float it anyways as many people I talk to are struggling to even begin expos.

Let the idea bashing begin..............
12-01-2009 17:29 kobruk is offline Search for Posts by kobruk Add kobruk to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: LIG + DASH

RE: Idea to help with lack of Expo mobs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So what about people around my level the inbetweeners

I only just managed to have over 1k poh at a time but i just got golem badge so i can do hydra lowest?

And people who have got badges like my clanmate Obs, he got R+R badge by accident but is on Medusa

So can he only fight like Medusa's + etc

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
12-01-2009 17:33 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

im of mixed opinions on this. i like the idea because it would free up mobs for smaller players. i dont like the idea because some people, e.g rohlikus (sorry bud, first name that came to mind) get one hell of alot of exp from 2 manning golems because they are relatively easy for high level players. also, how would it work? for example, if there was only a golem left in desert ephermeh (phoenix location) would i be able to start that as i have golem badge?

12-01-2009 18:05 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Think Faquarl beat you to it ;-)

expo thoughts

EDIT: Would appear he has deleted the thread

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 12-01-2009 18:26.

12-01-2009 18:14 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
BattleOx

Registration Date: 10-14-2008
Clan: NIGHT

I think leave it the way it is just lower the resurrection costs

12-01-2009 19:56 BattleOx is offline Search for Posts by BattleOx Add BattleOx to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

RE: Idea to help with lack of Expo mobs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This may sound bad what more 'Night of Hero' events that last longer

Would make higher lvls try Anubis etc more + might bring back sieges =P

12-01-2009 19:59 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

quote:
Originally posted by foxy9
This may sound bad what more 'Night of Hero' events that last longer

Would make higher lvls try Anubis etc more + might bring back sieges =P

wow that is such a bad idea on every level, night of heros lasting longer would result in higher levels soloing mobs and not just two maning as i cant see them going for anubis just cause

and just coz you threw might bring back seiges on the end dont mean the idea is good, is that like the new universial way of getting ya point across.....hmmm this idea may not go down well lets say it will bring seiges back yes that will work

no seiges dont happen now and with night of heros in the mix i cant see people willing to risk 2-3 times more poh in one fell swoop

as for the expo problem i believe there are only two real solutions

1. make the respawn cost a SET amount all month round higher the mob higher the cost

2. add something new to the game that uses the expo allowance up so not so many people are expo'ing

3.(risky suggestion) get rid of number of mobs and put a % chance to hit each differant type of mob in each zone this would allow for expos all month round, but a poh shake up would have to be in orderthis idea is outlandish but its clear the current situation isnt working

and its clear that more mobs arent coming anytime soon, as im sure that would have been the first thing on every polish players lips about 3 months ago when they were in this exact situation

no the answer lies OUTSIDE the box a simple increase in mobs will not solve the problem

any other new and different ideas?

12-01-2009 20:46 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Ye try Ag, i ment higher lvls might try to do Anubis etc

Maybe if there were 2 a month and blood was said which days but said no 3- maning hydras +

12-01-2009 20:51 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

The only thing I don't like about Kobruk's idea is that with the low amount of mobs people tend to ''jump'' through the badges and can end up not being able to start their own expos Smile Just imagine killing R&R in Devils finger... Trapped!

Also, there is an easy way around it, just don't do badge expos and keep farming what you want.

12-01-2009 20:56 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

[quote]Originally posted by darc
ok heres an idea how about putting a cap on the cost to bring mobs back. the higher the mob the higher the cap would be and i think it would be easy to do. i dont know if there is a cap but its an idea.

i was thinking say whites 500 poh cap and 5000k people then after that it goes up by 500 respectfully so blacks would be 1000poh and 5500 dont know if that too much or to little but its a start

and where its says how much poh to put in i think there should be one for people aswell if i.e someone has the poh to bring the mob back but not the poeple you can put people in and no poh just an another idea.

thats what i said on me last post in other thread
12-02-2009 00:33 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by darc
i was thinking say whites 500 poh cap and 5000k people then after that it goes up by 500 respectfully so blacks would be 1000poh and 5500 dont know if that too much or to little but its a start

According to your calculation the respawn costs will be as follows:
white dragon: 500
black dragon: 1000
phoenix: 1500
red dragon: 2000
hydra: 2500
gold dragon: 3000
golem: 3500
noble phoenix: 4000
medusa: 4500
arachne: 5000
Rom & rem: 5500
sphinx: 6000
Basilisk: 6500

I don't see how this could help at all Roll Eyes
If you want to make a suggestion at least have the decency to think about it more than just the base idea.

I hope that the 5000k was a mistake, otherwise nobody will be able to respawn anything at all.

12-02-2009 08:08 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

yeah after i looked at it i thought that was to high.
12-02-2009 09:08 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Agresiel

1. make the respawn cost a SET amount all month round higher the mob higher the cost

Best ideas I've heard through this whole discussion.

Maybe a set respawn that costs as much honor as you would have to use to get a full team for that expo + 50% or something.

Therefore if it costs say 100 honor to fill an expo, you always pay 150 to respawn the beasts in that particular place.

I don't think that would be TOO outrageous (the highest I've seen was 780 I believe and 1170 really isn't that much compared to the 3000k+ it can be for a monster not even close to the 780 honor I'm talking about).

People can be based off the same principle. If it would cost 12K people to get a full expo, then it costs the 12K + 50%, so 18K to respawn... I think that's a bit more managable....

or did I go completely off my rocker? LOL

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

12-02-2009 20:55 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Agresiel

nope not off ya rocker at all lys

i HAVE mentioned this idea a long LONG time ago on a dfferent thread but it was dismissed

i suggested that the SET amount was the level limit on the expo zone eg

white tower 120
blacktower 180
etc etc

i think something will be done soon enough

12-06-2009 09:13 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

quote:
3.(risky suggestion) get rid of number of mobs and put a % chance to hit each differant type of mob in each zone this would allow for expos all month round, but a poh shake up would have to be in orderthis idea is outlandish but its clear the current situation isnt working

Whilst I agree with the fact this would actually be a good idea, it would make it FAR too easy just to farm mobs, so maybe introduce some method that you personally could only do so many expos into one area a month as opposed to the whole area being shared by the server. Still keep in place the %age chance of finding a particular mob, but limit the number of times you can hit it. Example:

Great Steppe: 10/10
Hydra 50%
Gold Dragon 35%
Noble Pheonix 15%

Meaning you could only hit this area 10 times in one month, and these are the %age chances of finding that particular mob. Obviously these are just some numbers I thought up and not a genuine suggestion for that area, but more an idea. *Awaits attack from everyone for bad idea*

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

12-06-2009 14:06 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
quote:

Great Steppe: 10/10
Hydra 50%
Gold Dragon 35%
Noble Pheonix 15%

Meaning you could only hit this area 10 times in one month, and these are the %age chances of finding that particular mob. Obviously these are just some numbers I thought up and not a genuine suggestion for that area, but more an idea. *Awaits attack from everyone for bad idea*

is this per person or per clan?
per person it could work out, but per clan only the small clans would get by?

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

12-06-2009 16:51 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

The idea was per person, seeing as you can only really do start an expo every other day.

EZLN

12-07-2009 17:11 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

since its only the 12th of jan and the cost of rez mobs is already thur the roof how about this there is 3 resets per month the first would on the 1st of every month as it stands now all monsters brought back the other two are just rez cost resets since it goes up so fast now.

so how about on the 12th and 20th of every month the rez cost is rest that kind of gives even balance every month and would take away the constant wheres all the mobs gone.

dont think it will be hard to do ether.
01-12-2010 10:39 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Agresiel

and then when everyone is farming them to death 6 months down the line wat do we do then....? add a 4th reset...? then a 5th

think about it we have numours people wasting expo slots coz the cos t is too high all that will happen is that those people could afford it more and then within the first month we would be back were we are now only with the devs under the illousion that they fixed it. like when they added the first reset

no no no, the answer lies in a COMPLETE overhaul, a long term solution NOT a short term one

01-12-2010 10:52 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

well i was thinking since more ppl will spend more poh over 3 resets that it might have a knock on effect and seiges might become more active again trying to kill two birds with one stone. instead of ppl just holding on to the poh they got for the two resets and letting it build. it would be more produtive to get the expos done and seiges started again.
01-12-2010 11:04 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

I still think a set reset rate per mob would work for the long term. They wouldn't have to add more monsters, players could actually respawn with affordable rates for their levels and things would run a bit better.
In general though, the entire expo system as it is now, doesn't really support a large server size. I mean, could you imagine the costs with even double the amount of active players on the board? Prices would be insane by the 7th instead of the 12th.

quote:

01-13-2010 02:57 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Agresiel

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
the entire expo system as it is now, doesn't really support a large server size. I mean, could you imagine the costs with even double the amount of active players on the board? Prices would be insane by the 7th instead of the 12th.

PERFECT EVALUATION

if bloodwars want to evolve as a game and draw more and more people into it then they need to sort this problem, esspecially as the browser based mmo compition is so vast now with all the games on such websites like facebook

set costs DOES seem to be the answer or even a combo, incrementing costs untill it reaches the set cost

01-13-2010 10:33 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
the entire expo system as it is now, doesn't really support a large server size. I mean, could you imagine the costs with even double the amount of active players on the board? Prices would be insane by the 7th instead of the 12th.

PERFECT EVALUATION

if bloodwars want to evolve as a game and draw more and more people into it then they need to sort this problem, esspecially as the browser based mmo compition is so vast now with all the games on such websites like facebook

set costs DOES seem to be the answer or even a combo, incrementing costs untill it reaches the set cost

A combo might work better, but yes, either way, it has to change. I'd hate to say it but even the way some other systems are worked out does not support a server size larger then say 20,000.

As you stated, if devs want to have BW become as large as other browser based games and really get the return for all their work, certain systems have to be reworked.

quote:

01-13-2010 20:06 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

ok i just had an idea how about that instead of a certain amount of mobs in in a particular area have a certain number of times EACH person can hit hit the one area

01-14-2010 00:14 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by nero
ok i just had an idea how about that instead of a certain amount of mobs in in a particular area have a certain number of times EACH person can hit hit the one area
How would it help? Please explain a bit further.

01-14-2010 08:35 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

quote:
Originally posted by nero

so basically, each person would have a monthly allocation of mobs in certain locations (e.g 2 hydras, 2 golerms, 1 golem ect)
instead of a limited number of mobs in locations

is this correct?

01-14-2010 16:27 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
diablo

lol, popeye, by locations I'd imagine Desert of Ephermeh, Mountains of Wisdom, The golden Tower etc.

If it would be implemented then why bother with PoH? If you keep PoH then why bother limiting the access to locations?
The access would have to depend on level I guess, so a lot of people will moan that it would make ''strong'' people stronger.

01-14-2010 16:33 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

somthing alog those lines yeah

01-14-2010 16:54 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

I dont think that he means that you wouldnt spend PoH on the expo, I think he means to cap the number of mobs you can do in one area. Right? Not right?

EZLN

01-14-2010 18:03 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
floydster
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-342.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Clan: BoS/V13

Yeah I think thats what he means - cap how many of one type of mob you can host. For instance i would only be allowed to host say 5 hydra's per month. There are some good idea's in this thread.

It seems we have a lot of these types of threads, it would be good to get some feed back from the people in charge. Do they even see the same problems we do. Have they already got something in mind etc.

Come on Szeszej can we have your input on this situation Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by floydster: 01-14-2010 19:37.

01-14-2010 19:35 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

even so, the current system works to a certain degree. its one of the last things people have to work for. poh used to be earned but now its given. they lowered the people requirements for players to join expos by half.

if people werent so selfish with ressurecting, we wouldnt have this problem. mobs dont have to be fully ressurected by one person, many people can make a contribution. instead, most people only ressurect for themselves resulting in high cost of people and poh for 1 person. i frequently used to ressurect mobs for others, but some people complained about having to make a contribution so i stopped almost completely.

just my 2 cents

01-14-2010 19:35 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

ok how about something abit more extream then.

how about everyone does expos in every location and emptys everything no bring anything back even the white tower.

mabey then the devs will do something.

then again mabey they will do just nothing like always
01-23-2010 18:17 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Can I just throw in my 2pence worth?

quote:
if people werent so selfish with ressurecting, we wouldnt have this problem. mobs dont have to be fully ressurected by one person, many people can make a contribution.
- Popeye

Well said. I think this what the Devs were thinking when the designed the current situation. Expos are meant to a "clan" based element to the game. You can only run them when you are in a clan, therefore, if you want to respawn a beast, and you have a team to join the expo, then the team should help you repsawn it, and vice versa when it is someone elses turn to run one - you then help them out.
Of course, this premise relies on the fact that the whole clan has poh to spend.

With the current patch, most people can generate an average of 100poh a day through attacks, which is more than enough for a team of small players to respawn Whites, Blacks, & Phoenix pretty much throughout the month.

However, the speed at which the cost of larger mobs escalates is truly crazy. But I expect the thinking behind this is that once a clan starts doing expos of this level, it should have some Z3 based players to help with the respawn cost.
The problem here being that the amount of poh gathered from Z3 squares & attacks is still not enough for some respawn costs. Example - I have just spent a week in a shared Z3 building up some poh; I have over gather approx 1500 poh in one week (with attacks). But that is still not enough to respawn a mob at the current costs on my own; so if I do want to an expo, I will need to ask people in the clan to help - and I know people will help me.
But, even so, the current costs to do a Golem or Noble Phoenix (which are the mobs that I am at the correct level for at the moment), are so high (golem = 3150, Noble = 2005), that even if I had a team of people help me (approx 500poh each), it means I can start maybe 2 or 3 expos for that weeks worth of gathering.

On the face of it, to me, that sounds quite fair. But you need to start factoring the spread of Z3 squares, whether those squares are built high enough to generate enough poh, whether the people occupying them are doing all their attacks every day... etc, etc.

I know this next statement is going to upset a few people, but I'm gonna say it anyway. In my view there are a lot of Z3 squares being completely wasted on players who are either too small to build them & use them to the full capabilities; or being wasted on players who just sit in them gathering poh selfishly & don't put it back into their clans.

After all, the reason why poh sieges have stopped in the bigger clans, is because people are too selfish to "risk" losing their poh - which has never made sense to me! With the introduction of the poh patch, surely now, more than before, it is less of a risk, because if you lose your poh in a siege you can always get some back by doing attacks & having a Z3 (or Z2) square??

Personally, I think the suggestion that Lys & Ag made is the best idea - make the respawn cost a fixed amount: say 1.5 the cost of expo (i.e. the respawn costs would be set as a fixed amount of White = 180, Black = 270, Phoenix = 330, Red = 390, Hydra = 480.... etc, etc).
This would mean that if we are going to carry on playing the way we are, then at least the costs would be reasonably priced for everyone.

But, I would prefer to see the big sieges return, and people care less about being in the top 10 of the rankings, or having the most medals, and more about having fun with the game as it is.
I guess I am in a minority. Frown

My 2pence is over.

Szeszej / Konrad / C47 - how about some BW Team feedback on this area please?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 01-24-2010 16:07.

01-24-2010 16:04 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Sorry in advance, i haven't read every post, so i may repeat what others have said, with less hate ofc xD

Tis a great idea, althou im sure there have been posts like if before the poh resurrection mob thing came along? the devs pritty much ignored every post then so im pritty sure nothing has changed in that time. the devs agreeing to player ideas is like sitting in front of the fire place waiting for santa... in mid april. never gonna happen.

still, has been a while since i had a good rant &/or got a warning, so nerf it. might aswell share some... "revelations" i have had aswell Smile

Brilliant idea; just increase the amount of mobs in each area? you want more people to join BW no? how the hell are you going to support more players if you can barely support the players that already play... tis not rocket science? more for less is more but less for more is less, simples

my revelation for today; how about some tasks not aimed at turning people into pricks? they dont need help, seriously. all these new zone tasks have 1 agenda, resources ; which you will never EVER gain from buildings, not even if you were attack free for your hole game life. so were do you get them...?

warn me up, i really dont care anymore, i cant see how people can put so much time into this game anymore. personally it just winds me up. iv already smashed my computer over people on this game, hopefully one day i can extend that love onto there faces...

01-24-2010 17:31 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
diablo

Sooner or later something will have to happen. I can't imagine the situation on other servers where there are more active players.
Knightroad, your purpose doesn't justify your means Wink Ranting won't get you anywhere. If the devs don't listen then there is not much we can do. From a personal experience I can say that sometimes they do listen, sometimes they don't. So? Well, the solution is easy, let them be and have no false hopes. The game mechanics is beyond our reach to change, no matter how many ideas you have or how much you whine. I'm still amazed that majority doesn't understand it.

Seriously, have you ever asked other game devs to change the game they did?! Anyone of you contacted Blizzard with your nice and shiny ideas? ''Hi devs, I have a Ninja proposition, can you implement it please?'' No, you didn't! So why would you propose a change to lets say sniper rifle here? Just because the devs have account on this board you think that you can have you little rants at them? Grow up! You should be grateful that those who design the game read at least some of your nonsense. I haven't seen a good idea for a long time, yet I try to answer and explain all the crap ones.

Are you good enough to create a similar game? If yes, then feel free to suggest new ideas. If not, then shut up and don't spam.

Knightroad, the tasks are there so deal with it. If they are so impossible how come I did the 500k people task TWENTYONE times? Once for myself and then I helped 20 players. That is 10.5 mil people. Where did I get them? I attack, where else? If I'd just sit on my ass waiting it would take me 437.5 days assuming nobody would attack me.

warn me up, i really dont care anymore, i cant see how people can put so much time into this game anymore. personally it just pisses me off.
This is a question and an answer at the same time Smile This game is so damn hard that you can't stop playing. You've been ranting for ages, yet you never quit...

My (anti)rant is over.

01-24-2010 17:53 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

first off; 500k people...? i didnt read that part so sorry
thats a "little" excessive. 50K i would have thought? thats not to much nore to little?

secondly; im aloude to have a childish rant at anything with 2 legs and a keyboard, it's my drunken right
although im sure il regret some of it when im sober tomorrow... il handle that hurdle when it comes,

thirdly; if i knew anything about programming then yea i could. "bear bottle wars" "hemp mania" & "drunken ranting wars - the search for more stuff" they would be better than spooncape, wow and BW combined... xD it doesn't take a genius to think up a game, all it needs is funding and fans (to pay for X Y & Z) iv seen plenty absolutely useless games, but they survive

fouthly/5thly/ect; forums not game, not my account to get banned, not that i play BW for more than an hour most days, 2 hours if i have nothing else to do. being banded from forums would be a nice relief... first time iv been on it in..? months?
still nothing has changed. 3 going on 4 years i have been waiting for the devs/admin to do something the players want. i tried being a good(ish Tongue ) samaritan, endorse good ideas.. explain whats wrong with the rubbish 1's ect, tried that for 3 years and i didnt see 1 idea directly implemented from a players idea.. i gave up hope. theres a saying for the feeling.. rowing up a river without a paddle (or something similar)
im sure you and many othes will get here one day, everyone is entitled to there opinion's on where the game is going. were do you think it's going?; from my point of view it's not going to change, were going to keep getting polish hand me down patches, and this forum will be our brick wall to talk to

PM me in game if you wana anti rant at me some more after your on topic reply Tongue , i dont want anyone getting warnings for my alcohol fuled rants

01-24-2010 19:01 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Just had a thought... rather than lowering respawn costs, etc, etc.

Why not add more mob locations? Different, new mobs to kill - for all levels.

(this has probably been suggested before, maybe even in this thread, but it just popped in my head & I didn't bother searching threads).

Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-30-2010 17:56 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
iivv

Registration Date: 03-27-2009

Well i decided to offer one idea too. I am not sure if it's new, but i'll try...

I am thinking about something like auto resurrection of expo mobs. Constant amount of mobs can be automatically resurrected every day. Something similar to quests and attacks regeneration, but at random time of the day.

R2: iivv

R1: Vlad the Impala

01-30-2010 18:49 iivv is offline Search for Posts by iivv Add iivv to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

Okay, so the mobs were just re-spawned about...an hour ago and guess what? Golem tower is full. In order to start my Golem expo I not only have to wait till 1 AM but I have to re-spawn. Hell even the Spidery Chasm is 6/9 teams which means it'll need to go into re-spawn in a day or two depending. And that's a higher level tower. (I can't actually see the Noble and Medusa towers, I don't have the appropriate badges).

DEVS: SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE.

It's pathedic that on the DAY of re-spawn a tower is emptied within the first hour. In five-seven days we're all going to be back to no expos because everything will be too expensive.

We're trying to give you good ideas but this is worse than banging our heads off the wall if we can't even get some kind of feedback. Even feedback that says:"Thanks for the thoughts, we've put them under consideration and we'll look into them." Is that so hard? Give us a bit of hope here before more paying customers leave (I know Tamris was premium and from minshres being in DARK for a bit, I'm pretty sure he was too).

I don't have any more ideas, set re-spawn cost will do a short term fix (I know some people think it'll only make the bigger clans bigger...HOW? It's set based on the expo so EVERYONE can afford it). Putting more monsters in will do a bigger fix and support a larger server size.

The auto-regen might work, regen 1-2 in each tower a day. At least it'll be SOMETHING.

No I may not own a game or what not, but I do know that in order to keep a player base, you have to make the general public happy. From this thread alone, I don't think that's happening.

That came out kind of ranty didn't it? Ah well. I have nothing better to do but quest and talk to people. If there wasn't people to talk to and if I didn't have some pretty good friends here I would have left long ago.

quote:

02-01-2010 21:46 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

yeah lys, the golam tower started with 12 teams and by 1am it was down to 5 teams and 2 teams in there now...

i have got one idea but its crazy has hell, and it might not work and also would be unfair on the top clans, like BOS,V13 and Hll and mayb bk

anyways my crazy idea and this is where ppl start disagreing with me( dont blame u eva)
instead of us all havein to share the same towers and stuff, why not take a quarter of all the mobs away and each clan has there own mobs towwers just with there clan, this way it will keep more expos goin in the month for the clan, it helps smaller clans with hydras and golds and reds.. and also it will keep the regan cost down for each clan..

see what i mean by crazy idea? and probly will be very hard to make this happen aswell..
but we can all dream ay ?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sparxs: 02-02-2010 02:07.

02-02-2010 02:04 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Idea to help with lack of Expo mobs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH