Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Cultist: Looking to play Demonlord » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cultist: Looking to play Demonlord
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010
Race in game: Absorber

Cultist: Looking to play Demonlord Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Stats:

STRENGTH 13 COST: 107
AGILITY 12 COST: 90
TOUGHNESS 10 COST: 62
APPEARANCE 12 COST: 90
CHARISMA 10 COST: 62
REPUTATION 10 COST: 62
PERCEPTION 12 COST: 90
INTELLIGENCE 12 COST: 90
KNOWLEDGE 12 COST: 90

PTS OF PROGRESS: 2

Level 9

-----

Basically I am looking ahead at playing a demonlord cultist, it's tempting currently to get the easiness tattoo as fast as possible to make planning ahead early easier... however if I do this then surely I wouldn't be able to use my other tattoos, when I get them, at such a level?

Thus I am looking for advice on how to build a Demonlord Cultist. In fact, just a Demonlord if anyone is willing to help.

Mainly, currently, stat direction... I can see strength will be an issue. But what others, from here, are worth building in order to make a demonlord effective, and what ideal set ups for low level, mid level and high level gain?

My main worry is the Demonlord seems a bit.. weak compared to the Collector

And wash away my innocence and fear

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Noumenon: 01-11-2010 23:25.

01-11-2010 23:14 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Thread Starter Thread Started by Noumenon
Update Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Stats as of now

STRENGTH 13 COST: 107
AGILITY 13 COST: 107
TOUGHNESS 10 COST: 62
APPEARANCE 13 COST: 107
CHARISMA 10 COST: 62
REPUTATION 10 COST: 62
PERCEPTION 13 COST: 107
INTELLIGENCE 12 COST: 90
KNOWLEDGE 13 COST: 107

Anybody able to provide thoughts?

01-12-2010 10:38 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you go demon lord remember you need high armoure so no caps or capes a hunters vest is about the lowest.
Thats what I have at the moment.
And as you cant get capes go for a weapon of reaction as they give lots of agility and perception.
They also get more attacks after so many upgrades My knives will have 8 when I get them to perfect but I know shurrican have 11.
And if you can get a hunters vest of deathsower assassin or theif that would give you a little bit of agility.
Deathsower is also good as it gives extra armour and damage.

01-12-2010 12:01 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was thinking elvish vest of something, but then thought about defence... however. I don't think shuriken would be right for the build, since it is missing quite a lot of hit chance compared to tattoos such as the collector... IE +30 vs +90... and the Hunter can build enough stats to build up equivalent.

Surely, however, looking at the field ability, a field cape would suffice... though the lack of agility I suppose.

Would it be best to build in stages? Build each tattoo level up... because I was thinking, easiness is an aura, and so it reduces the stats of everything yes? Wouldn't that mean you could also use set ups that only have that affecting them... for different purposes.

I wish I had joined earlier now... when I was first told about the game

01-12-2010 12:42 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

I use

Good Throwing knife of Reaction (+3) CLOSE

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 47 - 51
Effects: attacks per round: 7, PERCEPTION +18, AGILITY +19, chance for critical hit +33 %, weapon damage +14
Requirements: LEVEL: 56 (64), STRENGTH: 54 (61), AGILITY: 55 (63), PERCEPTION: 26 (29), INTELLIGENCE: 38 (43), KNOWLEDGE: 44 (50)
Selling price: 40 950 Lgo
Value: Nanites 457, Mana 1661

And I have a heavy crossbow of reaction to use against high armour

01-12-2010 13:15 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

For a demon lord i would go for a heavy crossbow, better critical and to hit chance. and demonlord reduces the high requirements of the crossbow.

However, i would say that demonlord is a pretty advanced/difficult tattoo to build. Better to start with either hunter or melee and turn to demon lord later.

01-12-2010 13:37 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

i agree with dooz. if i was you id go hunter for now as you will get a taste for what ranged can do. then when you have a build that will meet requirememnts for demon lord, change over.

01-12-2010 19:34 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Right now take into account I don't intend to pay more than premium + shortening as the only extra cost. I don't have money to spend on anything more really

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Noumenon: 01-12-2010 20:34.

01-12-2010 20:33 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Thats all you need.

Try not to look towards tattoos until your stats cost a few thousand+

Your main worry should be armour. Demon lord and collector have huge armour reqs, you perhaps should look at being a hunter also.

01-12-2010 21:35 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Noumenon

... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are plenty of hunters. I am interested in Demonlord, not hunter. I thought I had made this clear by the fact I stated I will not be changing tattoo. Thus my first choice will be my first choice.

I asked for advice on demonlords, not hunters. Surely that is what it should be no?

01-12-2010 22:25 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

I am sorry my friend. I thought you were a little more undecided, after reading you mention collectors.

I meant, you should concentrate on finding armour with the requirement for these tattoos, for that will be perhaps one of the harder parts in building up your character.

Demonlords do have their advantages over collectors, you just need to exploit them to gain the benefits.
- The xp is quite good [however upgrade this last] but that will benefit at later levels.
- Hit AND easiness, can allow for higher level weapon, which can give a cutting edge over other tattoos, i.e. collectors [reaction suffix at higher level is nice when fighting other rangers, gives you an advantage for you to hit and dodge their strikes.]
-weapon damage, always nice.
- A nice hp boost. bigger than collectors.

But as i said, i myself have thought about changing to either this or a collector, but the armour req is simply too high for my good self at the moment...

I dont see anyone below level 60 being able to use these tattoos to their full extent.

01-12-2010 23:34 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Oh no I'd made up my mind I wanted to try the Demonlord. And I know the armour requirements are high... I'm looking at getting the first tattoo to lvl 2 just for the easiness bonus, so that later on it will help me out farther with getting decent equipment.

But it is stat balancing that I am struggling with, what should I aim for?

01-13-2010 02:09 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

well as a demonlord myself i'd go with trying to get a vest of deathsower first gives a nice bit of defence

then maybe an xx of precog, something with defence obviosly

then maybe a light xxx of rogue

then for jewelery get something with strength to help equip that vest at higher lvl's

01-13-2010 12:25 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

I'd suggest rings of youth [signet/bracelet also] for agi to hit and str for stats. Also, app can help.

for necklace: i like talent, gives me stats like int, kno, but also a little str boost.

01-13-2010 12:49 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Cultist: Looking to play Demonlord

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH