Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Attack warning! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Attack warning! 15 Votes - Average Rating: 8.3315 Votes - Average Rating: 8.3315 Votes - Average Rating: 8.33
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Attack warning! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought I would start a thread I can then post as a link in my profile, so that all the people I am about to start farming (yes - I said about to - I will get to the reason in a minute) do not have to message me & ask me why I am farming them.

Also, may be others can use this link - may be you can use it against me when I get annoyed and message you to ask you to stop farming me!
(lol, an annoyed squid-based life form made a funny - everybody laugh now Tongue ).

Reason for farming:
Because. Is that good enough?

No. Okay then. How about, I used to think that attacking a selection of people that gave me either good resources or good xp, once a day was enough. If I did all of my 16 attacks, and most of them were successful then that was an easy way to play, and it did not p*** people off (too much).

However, I have been enlightened by certain players (whom I might add attack me twice a day on a regular basis).
Their enlightenment has been "Who gives a damn?"
It is a game; my character can't die; your character can't die; I can get more resources; you can get more resources; I really haven't got the energy to debate this with you anymore.

Is that a good enough reason?
Still no. Okay, how about, I am so bored with not having an expo monster to kill. Never having enough poh to respawn an expo monster to kill. Never having a siege where I might get some poh, so I can respawn an expo monster to kill. SO, instead I am gonna beat the crap out of you twice a day every day to pass the time & alleviate my frustration with being attacked twice a day by other people.

Is that a good enough reason?

Finally, I apologise in advance if I do attack you twice a day. And as a word of warning, if you do message me in game to try and debate why I am doing this, I will not reply.

OK?
Ok then, debate over - feel free to post this link in your own profile, so you can also be an arrogant, rude, annoying little bugger just like me. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-29-2010 12:37 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

RE: Attack warning! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well i agree with what u said...........look the rules of the game allow you to attack someone twice a day so whats the problem?????

look at my profile and the amount of defeats i have..yet i dont think ive ever complained once(maybee i have i cant remeber)

but even so....with all the ambushes against me..i always have enough blood for seiges/expos.....so "WHO GIVES A FLYING FIDDLERS (inseart bad word here)"

ambushes are part of the game...if u dont want be ambushed either quit the bloody game or invest in some kick ass def gear otherwise get over it and attack back!!!!!

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
01-29-2010 15:45 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Haha, go Cthu. Smile

I get farmed twice a day every day by some people. Instead of telling them to stop, I got awesome defense gear (for most of them). Now, some of them can't even touch me anymore.

I would say I'm going to go on a farming spree but I don't attack much any more just because I don't have good enough rep gear to get in on some people which will eventually change. Or, I don't have high enough agility to hit 1h melee.

I personally don't see why people complain if they can get it back. It's a freaking game. Yeah, it gets annoying but DO something about it instead of complaining.

I'm not going to touch sieges except to say this (as I've said before): DARK is always willing to PoH siege. And if PoH was removed from attacks, I think sieges would come back. This expo stuff didn't start happening until that came in. Lack of sieges didn't happen until that came it. Horrible development move.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-29-2010 21:11 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ITS BLOOD WARS GET OVER IT ....

i attack people twice a day and i have had no complaints.... if they don't like it play another game, its not you stabbed me in the eye with your weapon i's gunna go and cry game ¬_¬

BRING BACK SIEGES....

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

01-29-2010 22:21 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

if i was stabbed in the eye i would cry. anyone who doesnt get that pm me instead of spamming Wink

i totally agree with this. i barely used to ambush up until recently because of the number of people who complained. a few days ago i thought the same thing and much to my suprise ive had no complaints Smile

02-01-2010 00:38 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

tbh i agree with what u lot are sayin, i really do...
and if seiges well happeing alot like they used to( if any1 can rember that far back) there wouldnt be this problem there is today with ppl cryin about gettin farmed..
and i mean if u dont like gettin farmed and loseing, then do something about it gettin defense gear or change somethign about your set up to stop it happening....

i am now goin to say somethign that happend to my brother( miss evil) e had to stop attackin a 800+ pointer and he is only just under 400 points cos e was attackin that person too much so they sed, just twice a day everyday, something like 180 exp per attack, whos goin to say no to that?
and they got that fed up with it and they told my brother that the clan would start farming him if e didnt stop, e attacked once more and three of there members attacked on that day, e stoped attacking and they stopped. how sad is that?...

the game allowes you to attack some1 twice there nothign wrong with it, i do it, IF the games WOULD allowe to attack someone 4 times i day i would do that too.. sorry if i like to rank up and get more points to get stones to make my gear better whats wrong with that?

and half the ppl that moan about farming or u gettin attack tomuch, obv u do it to players u can beat i bet u attaack em twice aday aswell, so dont complain about it

and like lys sed dark is wanting seige and tryin to sort em out as we speak with a few clans... message tamris ( me now) or lys to arrange some

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sparxs: 02-02-2010 02:15.

02-02-2010 01:36 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: The Source

Liking it Tongue But i dont get messages asking me to stop as i punch quite alot higher than myself so it would probably be a bit embarassing asking someone lower to stop Tongue

Putting the link in my profile though just in case i find a new victim that doesnt like it Tongue

Cheers C

EDIT: How can it be called farming anyway as we have already been restricted to the amount of times we can attack a certain one player, now if we wasnt restricted id understand because if i caught a bigger player in quest gear id use all 16 attacks lol and i could understand why that would be called farming. Its 2 attacks per day, it is a game about killing other vamps so like quite alot of people im going to say deal with it Tongue

EDIT 2: Im sure there would be enough Members in Source who would be up for a POH siege, message me and ill speak to HH or NN and organise one

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 02-02-2010 08:20.

02-02-2010 07:58 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Scyanide
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-29-2008
Clan: .DB.

BK will participate if someone will organise hop siege as well :-)

send clan msg to us and wait for replay ... however i will be happy to join :-)
02-02-2010 09:08 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

Don't hate the player , Hate the game.

In this context if you don't like other people to attack you make a effort getting better gear , new character or simply just quit.

Its that easy!

I bet I have whined about getting attacked alot in some time of year but now I have changed my POV

A 3 step help with all 3 advise I gave

1)Merging better gear.

STEP1: You need more time to use internet to be able to bid on auctions
STEP2: Get used to using your mobile/watch alarm reminding auctions
STEP3: Learn to use Merge Lists!

2)Making new character

STEP1: Go on official BloodWars main site.
STEP2: Press REGISTRATION ,then choose your Realm(a.k.a server you want to play in)
STEP3: Fill out the form ,just in case read Game Regulations, fully accept their terms and press REGISTRATION and Its done you have a new character! (what means you instantly have to stop playing with your other character in the same Realm)

3)Deleting your character

STEP1: Login with your desired account you want to delete
STEP2: Press settings then press DELETE CHARACTER
STEP3: Enter your password and press BEGIN CHARACTER DELETION and ur Done!

Thanks
Bat.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Bat: 02-03-2010 08:54.

02-03-2010 08:53 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
stonemake

Registration Date: 11-04-2009

why so call "farms" whine about attacks that can make twice a day , they should try some some other war games where you can attack one player unlimited times a day or just destroy him/her Wink

02-17-2010 23:47 stonemake is offline Search for Posts by stonemake Add stonemake to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Registration Date: 01-22-2009
Clan: HLL

Totally agree. I could stop to attack people who posted here if I didn't know they understood the spirit of the game.
I am "farming" you? It means you're higher lvl than me, so just attack me back, build a good defence gear or just cry as a little baby! I also used to cry when I was an underpowered noob, perhaps I will understand and have mercy, I am not that evil...
I am not a farmer, I am a fighter. I am attacking you, you are attacking me.. this is BLOOD WARS.
Only 3 reasons to stop "farming"?
a) I am reaching your lvl so I don't get enough experience (I will be farming something else)
b) I have a clan or personal alliance with you so I am retaining myself (even if I am sometimes tempted ;P).
c) You build up a good defence gear, so you kick my @$$ when I try.

A fourth one could be I really love your avatar and your character description lol
My politic? Contain ambushes to each player to 1 a day. Every other interesting player is unattackable? The attacks will be 2 instead of 1.
Want to complain? Do it, I could even be in a good mood and stop it, if I share your reasons. When I asked someone to stop attackin for a while for a special reason I used to find some very understanding people. You know who you are. Once I got the loads of resources needed for that task or building upgrade they started again, I am glad to collect resources for them, they deserve it.

The only thing that can be very annoying in the game is when a much higher lvl player attacks you twice a day, this is really frustrating. Just ask him to enhance his fantasy and get his resources from other players too. He don't stop? He is loosing 2 experience ambushes just to get some resources... I hope he does with other lower lvl players too, so that in very little time I'll be able to knock at his door and tell him.....
SURPRISE! I AM VERY HUNGRY TODAY....
03-03-2010 17:25 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
stonemake

Registration Date: 11-04-2009

I just don't understand why somebody have protector it is just funny when you attack somebody smaller and collect resources and his so called "protetor" attacks you ROFL

03-26-2010 18:51 stonemake is offline Search for Posts by stonemake Add stonemake to your Buddy List
Faquarl

Registration Date: 11-03-2009
Clan: Source

i just farm clanmates of the peeps who farm me.... works pretty well, especially if they message me telling me they get complaints about it from their members and i explain its because they are taking my resources.

that being said im an asshole and i'll farm ya just for laughs so ya never know >_>

03-27-2010 21:10 Faquarl is offline Search for Posts by Faquarl Add Faquarl to your Buddy List
thunder123

images/avatars/avatar-688.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-27-2010
Clan: [Gangrel]

i attack people twice a day and no one complains Smile .

uhhmmm the reason they arent complaining could also be cause the last time they logged in was last year Smile

but IF they ever log in again they are gonna be shocked of the farming i've done and my message box will be full of complainmentsSmile

03-30-2010 17:46 thunder123 is offline Search for Posts by thunder123 Add thunder123 to your Buddy List
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm getting messages from Rintwo and The beast 2 in A.S regarding attacking twice a day and rather than go through the same tired argument with everyone who objects, I wish to use this thread to open a dialogue with them, and anyone else who has an issue with attacks twice a day...

My point of view regarding attacks is stated in my profile (where I play as Arya Stark):
"If I have attacked you and you did not enjoy the experience, don't bother messaing me. I either attacked for XP (if you're higher level), for resources (if you're lower level), or for poops and giggles. I did not do it to upset you. This is how the game is PLAYED.In the rare occasion that you are trying to gather resources and I have divested you of them, in that case I will happily donate them back Smile Otherwise, save the wear and tear on your keyboard...If you "only attack inactives" and hope your pious pewling will SHAME me into stopping, it will not. If you decide to farm me in return, hoping it will somehow teach me a lesson and force me to stop, all that will happen is that we BOTH level up faster.... Everybody wins."

It is my opinion that Blood WARS is a GAME in which a maximum of two attacks on the same person is hard-wired into the coding, a facility intended to be used. Attacks are not intended as a personal insult in the slightest. If you cannot handle being attacked twice a day, you are playing the wrong game. I cannot take your life, your items or harm your square. I am not sieging to steal squares nor could I be bothered to (although that is perfectly permissible under the game rules). I attack for either XP or resources, and I believe you should maximise both however you can. Generally either one or other of us will go outside of optimal XP range within a few weeks anyway, so just grin and bear it. I've played plenty of other games where others do far nastier things to your account than just attack twice per day, and nobody whinged about it there, its a weird R1 BW cultural thing I think. I do NOT view BW as a social networking site where we all hold hands and sing songs, declining to attack each others through a self-sacrificing sense of altruism and gaining paltry XP and meagre resources from regularly-beaten inactives....

If you are getting hit twice a day and you don't like it: buy better items, attack those YOU can beat, expo your little heart out and improve your character such that I can no longer beat you. I'm not that good a character, it won't take you too long, and you'll feel a great sense of accomplishment when I finally bounce off your defensive setup. Also, feel free to hit me back! If anyone wishes to attack me twice a day through some sense of retaliation, feel free Smile The more active players on this small server the better, bring it on! I will be happy to see you, we can discuss how each attack went, whether you caught me in questing gear or whether you're getting closer to beating me, and some day when you farm me day after day I can lament the days when I used to beat you instead Smile

11-04-2012 16:05 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

yes the beast2 had msged me b4 for the same thing b4 i passed him out and he wasnt worth attacking Tongue

i just made sure to use 2 attacks on him after the msg

also good to see u back kal im nooodles in game Wink

some ppl just wish to be bale to atack and not be attacked back in this lovly game about bunnies and peace and flowers :p

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
11-04-2012 16:11 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007

please dont moan about being attacked, jesus some days i feel like im a walking buffet, do i care ....erm nope, i like the game the way it is, to all who play feel free to attack me twice a day, hell if you dont like the game find one with carebears, i think moshi monsters might have what your looking for

11-04-2012 16:28 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Kalessin

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
also good to see u back kal im nooodles in game Wink

Hey mate, thanks Smile ... see we've already discussed the fact I won't beat your many hit points in defence >.<

quote:
Originally posted by Faceeatersome days i feel like im a walking buffet, do i care ....erm nope, i like the game the way it is

Well exactly, its not fun to be hit constantly, but its impetus to improve. Thus attacks improve the game for everyone Smile

quote:
In Game message 1
No point to that. It's part of the game, I get that. It's just that it can be polite to hold back every once in a while.

But where one draws the line between acceptable and not acceptable is subjective, and depends on your individual expectation. How am I to know in advance what your expectation of attack density is - this will lead to laid back people being hit far more than those who are sensitive and touchy, and keep asking others to politely hold back, which is itself intrinsically unfair is it not? I would argue that three or more attacks per day was impolite, but two is reasonable. Who is to judge which of us is correct? Would it not be better for the server as a whole to agree that two attacks per day is acceptable... as the game itself allows no more anyway.

Besides, I have only been playing intensively for a few weeks, and the characters involved I haven't hit twice a day for more than perhaps 5 days in the last couple of weeks, because not only do I have other ppl to hit, I don't always get all my attacks done, but I'm getting under 100 XP from them now and I have bigger fish to fry ... plus the fella who first messaged me has just sorted his setup now so he can attack me and win! So what was the point of all this hassle in the first place? If he just accepted that attacks happen and didn't take it personally, I'd have stopped hitting him since I can get better XP elsewhere, and he'd start being able to beat me anyway - despite the fact I'm smaller and he can probably get better XP himself elsewhere.

quote:
In game message 2
I agree with you on the front that attacking people is the way of the game as i
belive that to, but there is no need to directly say A.S on a clan message or
board post as it only seems to be two people.

Unfortunatly no end of asking them to stop will from us or you, best thing i can
suggest is just to ignore them sorry. Frown

My point is that this is a bit of a divided issue across the whole server - and its one that tends to cause pockets of bad feeling between clans because we don't discuss it as a whole in public. Thus individuals feel victimised, start personal vendettas (or get their clan mates to), their own clans may not even realise their members are behaving this way. Thus surely a public airing would be healthier for everyone? I had decided to ignore them but it starts to grind on one's patience - why should one group of people feel victimised by attacks and angry, and another group be bombaded by messages and feel victimised and angry? Can't we reach a consensus that playing the game is not wrong?

quote:
In game message 3
i think that U're attacking twice a day those players bcuz U aren't good enough
to find as many players to attacking once a day Smile

but of course i could be wrong - so what do U thnik about this

Ah now that IS a good point - I usually spy out a couple of pages above me when I have time, identify those I can beat them hit them for a week or so till its worth re-spying. And I was being lazy in not having had time during the week to re-spy when the number of people on my hit list dwindled below 16. You're quite right, I don't have a great character, such there are only probably only 20 people higher lvl than me in Z4 or Z3 act 2 that I can beat and get good XP from, there will be days when I hit some of them twice. But if I get TOO lazy then I'm not hitting as high as I could, thus you have the opportunity to level up faster than me and can outpace my character. But this is how to improve is it not - to get the optimum XP from attacks so you level up faster and find bigger people to hit? We each find those we can beat and hit them till we can attack higher levels for more XP... isn't that how the game SHOULD be played?

Agreed, there will be times when we don't have time to spy out the best targets, but thats probably true of everyone. And if you're getting beaten up by a smaller character anyway (as in most cases this is how to get more XP), shouldn't you just improve your gear so I can't win any more instead of complaining to me and asking me to stop playing the game as it is best for me to do so?

quote:
In game message 4
I guess I misunderstood the meaning of 'allies'- check your clan page. My Bad.
Happy gaming.

I take this action as an individual. I've only been in END for a little while, I have informed my clan that I'm happy to leave if this issue reflects badly on them, I'm not trying to stir up clan tension.

My understanding of clan alliances is not that they do not attack each other, rather these clans exchange members for clan buildings, expos, and to defend against hostile siege takeovers. Otherwise clan alliances would limit the number of attacks each clan can do severely reducing their ability to advance. This is not of benefit to anyone.

quote:
In game message 5
im sorry about this, they have no right to ask you to stop attacking them.
everyone farms someone, it is part of the game. i dont think you should stop.
and if you can kill him then you should attack the beast 2 aswell.

What a nice message, thanks Smile I agree completely. Its sort of scissors rock stone anyhow - as a Monk I'm pretty good at hitting gunners or low agility melee, but ranged slays me and I can't touch BKs. But those gunners can probably rip through BKs in turn. I believe we should all hit whomever we wish, as often as it is advantageous for us to do so - nobody remains optimal XP gain for long anyhow.

quote:
In game message 6
hello,rintwo told me about that,and was was about to kick your ass a little
bit,then I realized that you were of lower level,so he shouldn't
complain,neither be proud of it Smile

So far I don't think ther'll be a clan's war.

Well that's the thing, if you get your bigger clan members to beat up someone who has attacked you... yes, you'll regain any resources stolen but THEY won't get hardly any XP, you'll just be limiting their growth for them. You get good XP for beating up bigger folk in higher zones than you - if you complain about that, its time to improve your character and concentrate on beating up those that you CAN beat that are bigger than you. Either I will advance faster and outstrip you, or YOU will advance faster and outpace me... either way, we ALL win Smile

And no, I'm not trying to start up clan trouble, this is me talking as an individual. If that becomes an issue I'll leave the clan I'm in.

11-04-2012 19:29 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

I hit people twice a day regardless of exp, if I can win and get two evo points I can and will more than likely hit you twice a day until you stop giving me 2 evo. If the game allowed me I'd hit more than twice a day Smile as for people crying over it, well, that just encourages me

11-04-2012 21:46 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Clan: Boot Camp

Same for me, and I'll add they complain when they have not seen anything worse yet Big Grin

They would stop moaning if they would be attacked everyday during several months and even more, not illegal but hard private messages, making the clan pay to put pressure on the player, etc ... Roll Eyes

I've seen much worse in my mmo's life I find their complain groundless comparing it Wink ( But it's only my POV )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 11-05-2012 04:03.

11-05-2012 03:58 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Kalessin

quote:
In Game Message 7
don't know english to read this all s... if Rintwo asked U to stop atacking him
then try to respect this - i think that is not much

Sorry, I do ramble on too much.
If he has the right to ask me to stop attacking him, do I not have the right to ignore him? Why should he have all the power?

Besides, he's actually sorted himself a decent attacking setup and can now beat me comfortably >.<
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=1b65c7fb32
Granted, he's 3 levels higher than me and doesn't get much XP, but was there really any NEED for him to ask me to stop attacking - or for me to listen? He can now, just 6 days after his first message, hit me back whenver he likes! Should I take offence and ask HIM not to attack ME? Or should I just suck it up and wait till he either finds someone higher lvl who gives more XP, or I find a setup he can't beat.

quote:
Message 8
Fair deuce. I understand the way it works. You attack and can win then fair
play. I'm not a great player and loads can beat me, I don't mind. Others are a
little more dedicated so like to see them get ahead!! I guess attack but don't
do too excessively.. Sound good?

Oh fair enough I suppose there IS a point at which repeated attacks become obsessive, even I think attacking twice a day for months and months on end is fairly excessive... nothing against game rules of course but its just lazy, repetative and boring to play for both characters... sounds more like a dull point and click Facebook game than a real dynamic game against challenging opponents. Which is what we're here to play after all Smile

The trouble is, my definition of "excessive" is clearly far greater than some player's definition, who can be quite sensitive about where the boundary lies. A couple of weeks of twice daily attacks seems entirely reasonable for me, if I'm getting optimal XP from a higher level player. If in that time they've done nothing to improve their character to fend off the attacks, they're leaving themselves open not just to me, but to others too... are they going to ask EVERYONE who can beat them to stop? It just doesn't seem reasonable to me. I suppose one of the reasons I decided to post this on the board was so we can open up just how often some characters do ask others to stop attacking them and under what circumstances, so's we as a group can try to unpick the issue.

I have to agree that if I had attacked a much lower level character obsessively for months on end and the recipient is at their wits end, struggling to find blood at half hit points and not enjoying the game any more.... well I don't wish to upset anyone. But we're talking HIGHER level players here. Granted, another issue is that I'm big, old and ugly enough not to let anything on the internet get to me, but I'm aware there are some very young players here who could find this sort of thing upsetting, and that's really not my goal. However, some of the most touchy players (I mean here other people who've complained to myself or Squiddy in years past) are grown adults, getting upset at three or four days of attacks, who really shouldn't take internet games personally.

I'd like EVERYONE to get out there and attack whomever they like, whenever they like! Doesn't that sound like more fun? Smile

11-05-2012 17:53 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

i get the complete crap kicked out of me on a daily basis.... I thing too many people get angry at being killed when defence really doesnt matter...

Im a top 20 ranger and can kill 99 percent of players problem is they can all kill me back and I have no chance to defend.... This game is about ambushes now more than ever so in my opinion 2 attacks a day is no where near excessive....

The term excessive has no place on this game outside the well of souls so people just need to suck it up.

Use getting decimated as encouragement to push on and get better not roll over and die in the corner crying...

Just my 2 cents

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-05-2012 19:07 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
I hit people twice a day regardless of exp, if I can win and get two evo points I can and will more than likely hit you twice a day until you stop giving me 2 evo. If the game allowed me I'd hit more than twice a day Smile as for people crying over it, well, that just encourages me

LOL with a massive LOL on top of that, and a side order of LMAO just for schnits.

Is that why you cried to me constantly when I was hitting you twice a day...... at the weekends - because I was only logging in every other week. LOL

And now that you can beat me, do I cry to you ever? No. As Kal quite rightly points out, once you put the effort in & improve (or get a better character from someone) then it really doesn't matter does it.
I get spanked by a load of people daily, and good luck to them. Mainly because my defensive set up is rubbish & I have never properly invested in it - because I think it is lame to sit & horde all the resources like a little munchkin-dragon; high defense set-ups suck (that is my opinion), spread the resources around is what I say. Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
11-05-2012 21:31 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap

LOL with a massive LOL on top of that, and a side order of LMAO just for schnits.

Is that why you cried to me constantly when I was hitting you twice a day...... at the weekends - because I was only logging in every other week. LOL

And now that you can beat me, do I cry to you ever? No. As Kal quite rightly points out, once you put the effort in & improve (or get a better character from someone) then it really doesn't matter does it.
I get spanked by a load of people daily, and good luck to them. Mainly because my defensive set up is rubbish & I have never properly invested in it - because I think it is lame to sit & horde all the resources like a little munchkin-dragon; high defense set-ups suck (that is my opinion), spread the resources around is what I say. Tongue

Not what I'd call crying I was giving you banter saying good luck when I can equip my kilt etc but if you want to stretch the truth a mile feel free and I merged everything on this character since I've had it, everything but the weapon is different Smile

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 11-05-2012 22:46.

11-05-2012 22:41 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
joshk
Double Ace

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Being farmed should be an incentive to get better so you become stronger than the guy who's farming you.. Then farmer him/her. Smile

If you must Cheat, Cheat Death.
And if you must Drink, Drink in only the moments that take your breath away.
06-09-2013 18:37 joshk is offline Search for Posts by joshk Add joshk to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of joshk: joshk1995@yahoo.co.uk View the MSN Profile for joshk
wat

Registration Date: 03-21-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: WJS

I felt violated every time I got attacked at the start, I hit only inactives forever, then eventually you have to make the change into hitting active players because you have no choice at the high level. So I had a rule for myself (other than experimenting with a top player for fun now and then) that I would only farm players who attacked me first. There are a number of players on the first page on our server I have never attacked because of this rule and I'll leave them alone forever if they never attack me. That's how I got rid of any guilt at all about farming people Wink

07-31-2013 23:24 wat is offline Search for Posts by wat Add wat to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Attack warning!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH