Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » The Best Sandwich Poll » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Best Sandwich Poll 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

The Best Sandwich Poll Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We haven't had a food based survey for ages.... new poll please Mods & Modettes! Big Grin

I think the humble sandwich is possibly the best snack ever invented by mankind - but the question is what's your favourite?

(I opted for the classics - although feel free to post all your weird combinations as well, I'm always on the look out for new ones to try! Tongue )

1) Tuna, sweetcorn & mayo
2) Cheese & pickle
3) Ham & mustard
4) (salt) Beef, dill pickle, & horseradish on rye
5) Prawn & mayo
6) Nutter butter & jam
7) BLT
8 ) I'm weird, I don't eat sandwiches

NOMS!

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 02-03-2010 23:29.

02-03-2010 23:28 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

RE: The Best Sandwich Poll Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ham salad or only ham. Can you add one of those?

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
02-03-2010 23:47 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

RE: The Best Sandwich Poll Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
We haven't had a food based survey for ages.... new poll please Mods & Modettes! Big Grin

I think the humble sandwich is possibly the best snack ever invented by mankind - but the question is what's your favourite?

(I opted for the classics - although feel free to post all your weird combinations as well, I'm always on the look out for new ones to try! Tongue )

1) Tuna, sweetcorn & mayo
2) Cheese & pickle
3) Ham & mustard
4) (salt) Beef, dill pickle, & horseradish on rye
5) Prawn & mayo
6) Nutter butter & jam
7) BLT
8 ) I'm weird, I don't eat sandwiches

NOMS!

BLT ofc

OR

grilled cheese n ham n mayo sambo..(ham can be substituted for chicken/turkey)

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 02-03-2010 23:57.

02-03-2010 23:56 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cheese and jam.

Must be strawberry jam. A compromise would be raspberry, however this is not ideal.

Cheese must be sliced, but from a block of cheddar. No processed or pre-sliced crap, and no grated.

Whilst I would usually prefer brown bread as opposed to that bleached white crap, sometimes this sandwich is best enveloped in white bread.

/infinite foody wisdom

02-04-2010 00:15 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well since i eat ham, cheese & pickle, i guess i'll vote cheese & pickle since it's the next best thing.

Although if there was a choice, i'd choose the 120hp Sandvich. BREAD, MEAT, BREAD!

EDIT: I mis-read artiors post about "Bleached white crap" and was just about to take the mick outta him. Guess it's a good thing i didn't otherwise i'd look like a total ass XD

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 02-04-2010 03:05.

02-04-2010 03:01 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Cheese and jam.

Must be strawberry jam. A compromise would be raspberry, however this is not ideal.

Cheese must be sliced, but from a block of cheddar. No processed or pre-sliced crap, and no grated.

Whilst I would usually prefer brown bread as opposed to that bleached white crap, sometimes this sandwich is best enveloped in white bread.

/infinite foody wisdom

OMG, I thought I was the only person that did that! HA!

1)cheese and Jam
2)grilled cheese with bacon (er..canadian/american style strips)
3)tuna, celery, onion and mayo
4)turkey breast and mayo
5) chicken salad

02-04-2010 03:13 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

Traditional English breakfast in toast - White bread (yes, the bleached crap), bacon, egg, sausage. *drool*

Tuna & Sweetcorn & mayo is also acceptable.

Beef, chalapenos, bacon, mayo and ketchup on brown bread slightly toasted was one of the exceptionally tasty ones Smile

02-04-2010 08:44 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: The Source

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
Traditional English breakfast in toast - White bread (yes, the bleached crap), bacon, egg, sausage. *drool*

Now this man has good taste, bacon, sausage and egg FTW. Mushrooms are a top notch touch aswell if your feeling adventerous

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

02-04-2010 08:51 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
diablo

Damn! I forgot the mushroom! It is a must.

02-04-2010 08:55 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008

Ok, I'm weird, but my favourite sandwich is Peanut butter and pickle. That's right, pickle! Recommend you try it!

02-04-2010 09:26 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

quote:
Damn! I forgot the mushroom! It is a must.

Now though, onto the event of wanting sauce on it Red Face Red, brown or neither?

Sometimes im so hungover i have to have sauce to help it down and it would usually be brown but red is good for a change, without a hangover its blatently no sauce Tongue

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 02-04-2010 10:14.

02-04-2010 10:13 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
diablo

No sauce Smile
If something, then a combo of ketchup and mayo, but just a tiny bit, with a touch of pepper.

This thread makes me hungry Frown

02-04-2010 10:31 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-26-2008
Clan: BOS & AOD

Sandwich - Hmm...

My death by breakfast sandwich

Ham, Salami, Bacon (English and smoked) Cheese slice of taost and then reverse the order - top with either ketchup or brown sauce

Add Sausage if you have room.

Or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

TIME TO LOST SOME WEIGHT - I WANT MY MITSI !!!

02-04-2010 11:19 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

lol - I knew the sandwich variety would be massive! Tongue

Diablo - your beef & jalapenos sounds great - will try that.

Hes & Bal - grilled sandwich - THE noms. Obviously, if I could have my way, all sandwiches would be grilled or in a breville, but sometimes you just don't have the time or the patience! Tongue

Art (& Hes)- you freaky stoner! I bet cheese & jam is the result of late night munchies & nothing left in the cupboard. Big Grin

I make a mean tuna mix (ask Kal), which includes: tuna, onion (preferably red), sweetcorn, finely diced tomato, a squirt of lemon juice, and 50-50 huge dollops of mayo & salad cream to hold it all together. In a sandwich is tasty...... but to top it all off, give the bread a spread of peanut butter. Am drooling right now. Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 02-04-2010 13:18.

02-04-2010 13:18 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Crispy bacon, chicken, sliced tomato and mayo on a fresh crusty cob/roll(Depending what part of England your from) Tongue

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

02-04-2010 13:29 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Ba_al
Viking

quote:

omg i feel ashamed now...how did i forget the "breakfast sandwich"

a good aul irish fry up in a tripple decker sambo...........

mmm rasher,sausage,pudding,fried egg,and 3 slices o bread or toast depending on my mood = the pinnacle of heart clogging goodness Smile

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
02-04-2010 14:16 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

Do subs count ?
I love their meatball marinara.

02-04-2010 15:21 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

lorne sausage,black pudding, tattie scones, haggies, crispy bacon smoked and cheese on top, bottom slices and one in the middle with pepper and brown sauce or even bbq sauce
mmmm think i go make it now

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 02-04-2010 16:14.

02-04-2010 16:11 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

this is a bad thread to read when you've not eaten today :| lolololol

OMGS .....

Tuna, sweetcorn & mayo - hmmm

and peanut butter and jelly :| hmmms well maybe not the jam :S .... i like peanut butter with tommy sauce and chocolate M&M's now that is a fit butty XD :X

hmm like chicken bacon and mayo <3 nom nom nom with some lettus tomarto and cucumber on Red Face *DROOLS* maybe red onion depending on if you want the smelly onion breath XD

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

02-04-2010 16:41 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

NO WAY DO SUBS COUNT!

They are not sani's, they are re-constituted garbage bags made by some spotty teenager who hasnt a clue in life as what to do but "ATTEMPT" to make a roll... sorry i find them revolting

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

02-04-2010 19:27 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Mutttaz

images/avatars/avatar-662.png

Registration Date: 05-03-2009
Clan: Boot Camp

Full English in either white bread or if from a burger van at side of road a big roll.

Or fried egg sarnie & chips with brown sauce & mayo.

Or strong cheddar cheese & lemon curd sarnie.

Now goin to make fied egg & chip sarnie as this has made me a bit peckish. :}
02-04-2010 20:52 Mutttaz is offline Search for Posts by Mutttaz Add Mutttaz to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

the doorstep :

bacon, egg, sausage, mushrooms and melted cheese. the proper stuff not processed in thick cut tiger bread, lightly toasted in the fats from the meat.....mmmmmm......the sauce...depends on mood. maybe mayo, maybe ketchup, maybe bbq or even brown

02-04-2010 23:36 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

At subway... theres only one choice to go for...

Bacon... Pepperoni... Salami... lettuce... Jalapenos... some funky sauce... OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Bought some jalapenos, now can make my own!!! niiice Smile

02-04-2010 23:36 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Art (& Hes)- you freaky stoner! I bet cheese & jam is the result of late night munchies & nothing left in the cupboard. Big Grin

Damn right! Along with;

Sugar Bread
Brown Sauce on Cheese on Crackers
Cheesy dip and Sweet Popcorn mixed together
Cadbury's Hot Chocolate Powder on Wheaten Bread

02-05-2010 01:15 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Nemazis
Lord

I used to eat Sugar on bread when i was younger, although i always ate it with some sweet bread. Now it tastes best with West Indian Bread Tongue

I'm backety back back
02-05-2010 02:55 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Murderous
NO WAY DO SUBS COUNT!

They are not sani's, they are re-constituted garbage bags made by some spotty teenager who hasnt a clue in life as what to do but "ATTEMPT" to make a roll

Took the words out of my mouth. Wink
Subs are edible if you are starving hungry, your kitchen is empty, and all the decent sandwich shops are shut. BUT, they do not have the right to appear in this thread.

Artoir & Nemz - lols, its a stoner-fest.... actually this whole thread is. Tongue

How about this for a full breakfast sarnie:
Bacon, sausage, fried mushrooms, melty cheese, all slapped together between two (or three) slices of eggy bread (french toast) - optional sauce of your choice, although I would go for HP fruity. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
02-05-2010 21:02 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

well, if it's a stoner munchies thread, chocolate spread with sliced banana, works better if toasted though Tongue

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

02-05-2010 22:33 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

I never knew there were so many combinations of sandwiches...LOL.

I like peanut butter, jam and banana. Or a good tuna sandwich.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

02-06-2010 21:41 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009

Now i've had this sandwich since i was 4 years old, and i've yet to find something more tasty.......Now, i've had the piss taken outta me several hundred times by anyone curious enough to ask what i'm eating.

White bread with Duck Liver Pate and Tomato Ketchup!!!! =D =D =D

And thanks to this thread, i've just gone and made one! OMNOMS x1000!

02-07-2010 18:06 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

bread + lard + onion + salt the best sandwich Big Grin

02-07-2010 18:31 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

First u need a bread , cheese , some nuggets (like chicken McNuggets cut half in middle so it would be a bit thinner) ,cheese , dill , slice of ham , dill , cheese , nuggets again , cheese , bread and when u get this into sandwich maker and didn't broke it you are in for a treat ( I broke the handle thing off what kept it close so i used piece of string to keep the sandwich maker together )

02-07-2010 23:22 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by CESARZ

noooooooooo!!!!!!! what the hell man

tut tut tut u ruin sandwich making for us all Wink

02-08-2010 03:15 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
llianna

Registration Date: 02-09-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: B.O.S

quote:

OMG what on earth is that? ***lianna vomits***

ROFL you people eat strange stuff! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

02-08-2010 05:10 llianna is offline Search for Posts by llianna Add llianna to your Buddy List Add llianna to your Contact List
Faquarl

Registration Date: 11-03-2009

1. bread toasted or otherwise (white usually for me but brown if im stealing of housemates)
2. bacon
3. brie
4. cranberry sauce
5. ????
6. profit

also mango chutney not getting enough rep as a sandwhich ingredient >:U

oh and stoned food discovery = win

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Faquarl: 02-08-2010 12:13.

02-08-2010 12:11 Faquarl is offline Search for Posts by Faquarl Add Faquarl to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

my sandwich is the best, i don't understand how people can eat sweet sandwich

02-08-2010 12:49 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Cant beleive no one has mentioned...

CRISP SANI'S! OMG 2 packs of Salt and vinegar crisps with loads of butter on thick white bread, nom nom nom

...OR 2 packs of cheese and onion with loads of butter on thick white bread Tongue

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

02-08-2010 18:47 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Murderous
Cant beleive no one has mentioned...

CRISP SANI'S! OMG 2 packs of Salt and vinegar crisps with loads of butter on thick white bread, nom nom nom

...OR 2 packs of cheese and onion with loads of butter on thick white bread Tongue

In that case.

Cheese & Onion crisp + Cheese sammich. EVERYONE i know has eaten it at one point or another.

I'm backety back back
02-08-2010 22:31 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:

Dude, are you sure you are from Poland?
That is a classic East London breakfast - but we usually have the lard (we call it "dripping"), & onion on toast instead of in a sandwich. Nom! Smile

These sarnies b getting durdy. Tongue

Respect to the Mango chutney!!! In fact, any kind of chutney is good - Kal made about 4 jars of red onion & port chutney this xmas, and we nommed it in every sandwich we could think of, but it was best with cheese & ham. Taaaaaaaaaaaaasty.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
02-08-2010 23:19 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Nerakai

images/avatars/avatar-668.jpeg

Registration Date: 01-27-2010
Clan: I-end-I

grilled/toasted ham+cheese+mayo is by far the most gorgeous sandwhich ever

I LOVE MY BRICK!

02-09-2010 00:18 Nerakai is offline Search for Posts by Nerakai Add Nerakai to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009

C, this is an amazing thread, nicely done making it, tried several new things in the past few days, oh and im coming to steal some chutney Big Grin

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

02-09-2010 07:39 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » The Best Sandwich Poll

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH