Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » One last blow out » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page One last blow out 12 Votes - Average Rating: 9.2512 Votes - Average Rating: 9.2512 Votes - Average Rating: 9.2512 Votes - Average Rating: 9.25
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gazzer678

Registration Date: 09-25-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

its like a war, both sides makes there first assault and then both wait 4the retaletion, we just waitin 4them 2take there shot, im hopin its not a shot they do, i hope its the white flag we desever, with them vowin 2start more updates and problem solvin,
btw alot my mates from other games ect... joined BW the other day, and get what they thanked me cus i explained whats goin on, and they playin but not playin preimum, i no when they low levels it dont matter cus they got alot 2explore still but its helpin us show that every1 is in on this and every1 cares
03-06-2008 22:20 gazzer678 is offline Search for Posts by gazzer678 Add gazzer678 to your Buddy List
Kusatsu

Registration Date: 11-23-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So hey what's going to be done about the blood shortage?

And the zone spaces limit for clans? They've been upped before in the past, and should be upped again to reflect the fact that the game has more players who are becoming higher level. It's kind of only common sense that as over time, a game gains more players that they in turn wish to advance, limitations which affect this need to evolve to acommodate, too.
03-07-2008 07:32 Kusatsu is offline Search for Posts by Kusatsu Add Kusatsu to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

This thread has slowly turned into a flame war. If you persist to make groundless claims and complain without stating a clear reason to complain I'll have to close it.

You are not special, you all get the same amount of patches as the other servers and playing here or on any other is essentionally the same.

I've answered the most pressing complaints in my post, if you're not satisfied with my answers then still those are the only ones.

If you have any construcive critique then please post it but as I've said, if this topic turns completely into a flame war it'll be closed.

03-07-2008 07:58 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gendibal

Constructive critique abounds through the entire Game System topic (with few or no answers and feedback from admin end I hasten to add) INCLUDING THIS THREAD, close and sweep it under the carpet as usual if you wish, but the players WILL have their answers.

If the answers and the support are not forthcoming, then this thread won't be the only thing closing.

You are dead wrong that playing here is the same as anywhere else, every server has its own identity, and if you can't see that then you need to take a good hard look at the player bases for each server set (Polish, French and UK) and just figure out for yourself how different the players are.

It is bad management to ignore the players when they suggest improvements (and no matter how much you say we have not been ignored, that is CLEARLY not quite the truth), but it is complete lunacy to ignore the players when they are up in arms about problems that you claim to be unable to see despite having them clearly explained to you from multiple angles.

Look at the size of this thread in 3 days, does that not say something to you, does that not give you a little indication that the players are NOT HAPPY with the development of Underworld?

You want to end the alleged flaming, we want the Devs to listen and give us some answers.

Only difference between us is that you can suppress the thread and force the discussion to an end, sweeping the subject under the carpet ..... all we can do is hope that the devs have an ounce of sense and decency to actually give us what we want.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
If you persist to make groundless claims and complain without stating a clear reason to complain I'll have to close it.

I've answered the most pressing complaints in my post, if you're not satisfied with my answers then still those are the only ones.

Point 1: The claims raised have been legitimate concerns, NOT groundless ..... in fact the only unsubstantiated claim that is being made anywhere in this thread is your claim that we are not being ignored (using a few small points to back your claim, while ignoring the huge stack of evidence that is scattered around the forums saying that we are not)

Point 2: If you're going to deny the players their support and answers, are you also going to pay for their premium ...... When I started out I expected my premium to go some way towards getting support from admin and devs ...... obviously the CUSTOMER isn't always right

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-07-2008 13:53.

03-07-2008 09:55 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
stryke1

Registration Date: 01-15-2008
Clan: COTU

I can see the problems all over the site, on this server and the French one.

But if you think the UK server is bad... The French server has the same amount of patches, but still not something similar to the well of souls.

I would post this on the French board, but my French isn't amazing.

-edit-

And as for closing the thread, it's possible to start a new one.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by stryke1: 03-07-2008 09:58.

03-07-2008 09:57 stryke1 is offline Search for Posts by stryke1 Add stryke1 to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Thanks for the info Stryke, good to know that we're not the only ones in this boat

*they'd just close that one down too ...... but it would certainly show the fact that there was something they wanted to keep the players from discussing in open forum*

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-07-2008 10:34.

03-07-2008 09:58 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
stryke1

Registration Date: 01-15-2008
Clan: COTU

When I started on the French server (admittedly I only have 4 points there), I was amazed that there was no well of souls.

There is an auction, but I don't have an old market there, so I haven't had a look to see how it works...

03-07-2008 10:03 stryke1 is offline Search for Posts by stryke1 Add stryke1 to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

UK and French servers are different. We are Moria type and French is Necropolia type.
There are no stones, no Well of Souls, so no upgrades, no merges. Also no Auctions, but there is direct trade between players, where you just exchange items or you pay for them with Points of Progress. Guns can be bought in shop. All other things are same. Tasks, quests, expeditions, clans, attacking.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
03-07-2008 10:10 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

building requirements are lower but since there is no upgrade only basic, good, perfect there is really few nice items for boosting stats (and they are expensive) so that quest are really difficult.
03-07-2008 14:23 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

I have read some of the posts from this topic and on Szeszej resquest I have decided to make some comments.

1. The OPs (for the UK its Szeszej, for the FR its Sofiane) are responsible for contacts with the local community.

There is no company makeing country-customised games. Why? Becouse it doesn't pay off.
If there is any reasonable idea on the national forum the OP is a person to let us know about it. Again, WHY? Becouse it is his JOB and simply we don't have time to baby sit everyone.

2. The patch is being made to slowly/There is not enought info about it and so on.

Patches are being made as fast as it is possible and profitable.
We do have our family lifes and other projects to complete.
There will be no detailed info about patch until it lands on a server. Why? Becouse this would end up in haveing the upper hand by some gamers simply becouse they have read some info on the forum and taken the advantage from it. (eg. by saleing equipement that is going to be tempered to newbies).

3. The MOBS are TOO strong.
Well, I had a good laught here.
For this point I just simply assume that avarage Englishman IQ is = avarage Poles IQ.
About 6 months from now We had to make the MOBS a bit harder to kill becouse a big group of PL gamers was killing them single handed!
Even now I do recieve feed back that f.eg. Golems, Fenix, etc are being sloughtered by a 2 gamers teams and most of those were supposed to be a 4+ oponents MOBS.

4. The French are haveing the same problems.

The UK server stand for 12 months now. The FR server stands for 4 months.
Yet there is over 4 TIMES more ACTIVE gamers on the french server than on the UK. Some of them do play here as well and I have recieved info that they would like to have an Underworld-type server to be opened next.

For Your info:
- WE don't replay on the FR forum AT ALL.
- the complete comunity guidance is led by Sofiane (the server OP).
- he recieves the same data as Szeszej do.

We have noticed only one difference between FR and UK servers. They invite 10-20 TIMES more friends than the English do.

5. Building requirements are to high to reach.

Most of this game is about cooperation if it is too hard to met requirements by your self try finding friends to help You. (some possible reasons are in point 4).
The other game edge is about being creative and exploreing the game possibilities. If an item is too expensive to buy from other players try to make it by Your self.

6. I can't kill SOME MOBS with 1h guns/2h meele/1h meele/etc.

GREAT! Thats egzacly what it was ment to be. The opponents are designed to require different character weapons (builds) to overcome. This should force you to cooperate and interact with other ppl.

7. Some weapons requirements are just too high.

Try to imagine that they are right as they should be (beyond anyones reach). Those items will be usable in time, in a VERY long time.

8. It's almost imposible to kill MOBS with some weapons.

This goes to the 1h firearms only. They are deadly in ambush and almost as deadly in the sieges.

Tommorow there will be a special test-patch loaded on Moria 1 to test some changes in the game concept.
They should switch the movement speed during sieges. (the desired is a: firearms/ranged/meele).
IF the test prove right the changes will be loaded on all Moria/Underworld servers.

PS. Sorry for misspelling.
Best regards,
SM

Thank You.
03-07-2008 20:19 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

ok, I'll comment on your answers to the points that spring to mind here

quote:
Originally posted by SushiMaker

2. The patch is being made to slowly/There is not enought info about it and so on.

There will be no detailed info about patch until it lands on a server. Why? Becouse this would end up in haveing the upper hand by some gamers simply becouse they have read some info on the forum and taken the advantage from it. (eg. by saleing equipement that is going to be tempered to newbies).

Personally I've never commented about the speed of the patch (apart from maybe a quick 'I wish it would get here faster'). But on the information available side of things, would it not make sense to get PROACTIVE FEEDBACK on certain problems that may crop up with the proposed changes? And when it comes down to people taking advantage of the changes, do you know for a fact that your Polish test group do not 'take advantage' by using their knowledge from the testing to do exactly what you've described?

No?

Thought not

quote:
For this point I just simply assume that avarage Englishman IQ is = avarage Poles IQ.
About 6 months from now We had to make the MOBS a bit harder to kill becouse a big group of PL gamers was killing them single handed!
Even now I do recieve feed back that f.eg. Golems, Fenix, etc are being sloughtered by a 2 gamers teams and most of those were supposed to be a 4+ oponents MOBS.

I'll take this one slowly, as your view of IQ is either not very high or doesn't extend to actually looking at the nationalities of the people commenting on this. There are players from Poland that have chipped in on this point agreeing that the MOBs are not balanced to the player base that are fighting them. And going even further into the balance points THAT YOU HAVEN'T EVEN MENTIONED there are players from ALL OVER EUROPE commenting on them (as well as from the US and other places too).

So you can assume that the average IQ's are the same, but until you do a little research on what you are commenting on you can wipe the smile off your face and get some tests done to see if you do actually come up to that level ..... Not nice having your intelligence either insulted or questioned is it Sushi? And you did both in your post here.

Was this a group of Polish players soloing MOBs in Underworld?

And obviously your feedback is not coming from here ..... would it happen to be a Polish server thats happening on?

Basically you are making all players suffer because they are on a younger server. While the originals on the first servers get a challenging MOB, the rest of us get the same ..... without having the same levels as the players they were powered up for to be able to compete.

quote:
4. The French are haveing the same problems.

The UK server stand for 12 months now. The FR server stands for 4 months.
Yet there is over 4 TIMES more ACTIVE gamers on the french server than on the UK. Some of them do play here as well and I have recieved info that they would like to have an Underworld-type server to be opened next.

For Your info:
- WE don't replay on the FR forum AT ALL.
- the complete comunity guidance is led by Sofiane (the server OP).
- he recieves the same data as Szeszej do.

We have noticed only one difference between FR and UK servers. They invite 10-20 TIMES more friends than the English do.

Admittedly the time difference is a factor, and if I remember rightly there was a good proportion of active players in the early stages of Underworld, but then something happened to drive that down to a trickle of new players that didn't match the outgoing exodus. Maybe you should look at why that was.

As for them inviting 10 - 20 times more friends than the UK players do, maybe you should take a look at why this is too, and what will it be like at the 1 year mark ..... I'm willing to state that you'll probabally find them about even.

quote:
Tommorow there will be a special test-patch loaded on Moria 1 to test some changes in the game concept.
They should switch the movement speed during sieges. (the desired is a: firearms/ranged/meele).
IF the test prove right the changes will be loaded on all Moria/Underworld servers.

Ah yes, tailored perfectly to the Polish players once again

quote:
PS. Sorry for misspelling.
Best regards,
SM

The spelling doesn't matter, I think we can read the message loud and clear, can't we Underworld?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-07-2008 21:51.

03-07-2008 21:28 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Neufreiha

Registration Date: 12-05-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal

The spelling doesn't matter, I think we can read the message loud and clear, can't we Underworld?

Specifically, I got:

"English people are stupid"

"But its working on the Polish servers just fine!"

The general feel I got:

"Ergh...what!?! Go &*$# yourselves, will you?"

A thoroughly proffesional response, thanks SushiMaker, hearing you loud and clear Smile

03-07-2008 21:38 Neufreiha is offline Search for Posts by Neufreiha Add Neufreiha to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

Agreed. Im with Gendibal, and weather the devs like it or not, revolution is close at hand.
03-07-2008 22:22 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Thanks for answering, but you have missed several problems mentioned above. Now to your points not covered by Gendibal yet.

quote:
5. Building requirements are to high to reach.

Most of this game is about cooperation if it is too hard to met requirements by your self try finding friends to help You. (some possible reasons are in point 4).
The other game edge is about being creative and exploreing the game possibilities. If an item is too expensive to buy from other players try to make it by Your self.

OK, fair enough. I can live with requirements that are higher and higher, because also we are raising higher. The only problem I have is the bonus from them, especially the resource producting ones. The production rate is not covering the need at that level. As you get them higher also the production should be higher.

quote:
6. I can't kill SOME MOBS with 1h guns/2h meele/1h meele/etc.

GREAT! Thats egzacly what it was ment to be. The opponents are designed to require different character weapons (builds) to overcome. This should force you to cooperate and interact with other ppl.

Yeah, great. But you forgot to mention that some weapon types are unusable. More below.

quote:
7. Some weapons requirements are just too high.

Try to imagine that they are right as they should be (beyond anyones reach). Those items will be usable in time, in a VERY long time.

There was never problem with stats requirements. Only with the level. Oh I am not planning to play this for a VERY long time. No one is.

quote:
8. It's almost imposible to kill MOBS with some weapons.

This goes to the 1h firearms only. They are deadly in ambush and almost as deadly in the sieges.

You sure? I think you forgot to mention also ranged weapons, because they are totally unusable during expeditions. Back to point 6. Show me one MOB which is designed to be taken down by ranged weapons. Just one. Ranged are good in ambushes, good in sieges.. true.. unless they meet melee. Then you can kiss your ass bye bye.

quote:
Tommorow there will be a special test-patch loaded on Moria 1 to test some changes in the game concept. They should switch the movement speed during sieges. (the desired is a: firearms/ranged/meele). IF the test prove right the changes will be loaded on all Moria/Underworld servers.

Nice, but whats the purpose of this? To give advantage to firearms and ranged against melee at least in sieges?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
03-07-2008 22:30 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

I still cant understand what the hell was going through the DEVs' heads when they decided,

"Hmm. Our polish players are way to strong, and are annhilating MOBS. Lets make them stronger, but hey! While we're at it we'll bump up the difficulty of the UK beasts! Makes sense right? Right?"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 03-07-2008 23:23.

03-07-2008 23:22 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Clan: A.S

Good point with the ranged weapons, now i noticed that i never actually saw a ranged player who is participating expedition that is not a cannon meat, well to be honest there is only few players at all fightning with reanged weapons.

And about french server? Well i've played on polish r1 and i can say that UK verion is much more..... hardcore and difficult in a way than polish or french one. Here there are players with dreamed on eq there are players with both excelent EQ plus al stats maxed out with i don't know ... 200k progress points or more just for trading purpose?

Try to introduce on french version auction system and you will see that players will not go there so quickly Smile

But from where i'm standing is.

Polish verion starts with Necropolia witch is the same version like French.
WE are test subjects, you expect from players on this server accept changes made on Moria that were tested by those who BW got in their little finger.
Just from curiousity how many polish players from Moria came here? How many of them are in top 50? Hell top 100.

How many Necropolia servers do you got? 5 + French one.
How many Moria like server exist? 3 overal.
Do not forget even with upgradable equipment and others usefull addons we are playing on more difficult version of Blood Wars. So please, focus a littlebit more about needs of those more demanding players.

If what i wrote is off topic i'm sory but this is what probably most of you noticed.

03-07-2008 23:25 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Clan: Source

no, it doesnt make sense to put the strength of our monsters up, they have been playing a lot longer than us, so they are all stronger and wont have much difficulty with the tougher breed of monsters, but we will as we are still relatively low-leveled compared to the polish players, and have more difficulty with them. (they arent impossible, just harder)
03-07-2008 23:25 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-29-2007
Clan: DD

So average englishman = iq of polishman?

What in gods name has that got to do with anything?

Maybe it's in contact with the "Polish can take expo monsters with 2 teams"

Or maybe "French bring in 20x more friends"

So we're being punished for being stupid and not having friends, is that it?

That's god damn bad leadership their, you may not speak English but we all know what was intended there.

Instead of being biased towards your own country and your french pets who make you 20x more money try and fix some problems and get us upto their standards.

Somehow you just managed to piss me off when I was in a perfectly fine good mood, after people read your post they are going to be to.
Either stop treating us like idiots and insulting us, wether it was intended or not or your going to have no profit on the UK server at all, in which at this time is what matters to you.

All I heard there was

English are stupid
French are better
Polish are smarter + better

Your not making us enough money, so step up your game or we wont fix things.

There - for those that did not know what you ment, thats a perfect english adaptation to his post.

http://deeperdimensions.forumotion.co.uk/

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

03-07-2008 23:34 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Just by coming out with shit like that your IQ has dropped a few points !!!

This is a different server to the polish one in more ways than just the people that play on it, the 2 histories do not run parallel, you had changed the mobs before anyone on this server had the chance to find out if they can solo any expedition (the only one i can remember is Elizabeth against BD), hell i only got my BD badge 4 months ago.

Maybe we make more full expeditions because we want to help people in the clan progress as well and are not just out for ourselves, but i dont think IQ covers that.

quote:

No you just release it on a polish server a month before we get it so the polish players get to take advantage of it Tongue
(sorry but it had to be said)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Azz420: 03-07-2008 23:55.

03-07-2008 23:46 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Clan: A.S

here is a thought... test that patch here, then try to implement on polish version.

you said yourself is a test patch so why not to test it here?
Let us judge if it'll be good or not and considering the upcomming riots on server you will get a harsh and honest opinion about it.

What say you dev team?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kleks: 03-08-2008 00:10.

03-08-2008 00:10 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Clan: Overlords

The flaming has reached the point when I have to close this thread.

If another thread of this kind is made then keep to constrictive criticism.

03-08-2008 00:24 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Szeszej, closing the thread will do nothing. We will just simply start another, and if that gets closed down, another, and another, and so on.

PS. I take it that you mean CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, not CONSTRICTIVE. We dont want to bind you up and gagyou or anything.

03-08-2008 10:36 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » One last blow out

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH