Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » New graphics for legendary items! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Poll: do we want new images for legendary items?
yes, my ownage weapon deserves a better image 76 91.57%
no, the old images are fine 7 8.43%
Total: 83 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page New graphics for legendary items! 9 Votes - Average Rating: 9.009 Votes - Average Rating: 9.009 Votes - Average Rating: 9.009 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Lamp New graphics for legendary items! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Fellow players of Bloodwars!
Hereby I urge you to a foolish attempt to get a new, better graphics for legendary items.
Click on the option of your liking and maybe we achieve a change.
Legendary items deserve a legendary look!

Ehm, could a proper mod make this a poll please. Thanks
Options:
- Yes, I want new graphics
- No, the existing one is fine

03-01-2010 16:39 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

poll added Wink

03-01-2010 17:10 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

RE: New graphics for legendary items! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes =)

Fusy thing in front makes them look worse =)

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
03-01-2010 17:19 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
diablo

Thread Starter Thread Started by diablo
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wow, there are still people who voted no?

03-02-2010 12:07 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Clan: LGN

indeed people have voted no, may be because they like it how it is??? just a guess there dude, but some people obviously dont think like the majority of us do Wink

IGN: acidic shots
03-02-2010 12:38 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

I haven't voted, but if i did, it would likely be no.

The images are grand in my opinion, and i would prefer the devs working on more fundamental matters, rather than something that is purely aesthetic.

That said, i wont object if they are changed either, hence why i didnt vote.
03-02-2010 12:52 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Exactly.

Why waste my time with a new picture when they can be working on other things
03-02-2010 13:49 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
diablo

FYI, C47 is the one who is doing the graphics, while Konrad and Sushi-maker are the game devs. At least as far as I know.
So the creation of a few new pics wouldn't be on the cost of other game development.

03-02-2010 14:14 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Hmmm.

If thats how it is its not too bad, but if all devs are involved in this thing i wouldnt want them all doing it when there could be other things done
03-02-2010 14:19 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Hmm i just think the current legendary is slightly out of phase with the current normal-good-perfect images.

Just a slight upgrade to make it fit in a little more with the said image sets would do well i think Smile

03-02-2010 16:47 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Yep it needs change.. the current ones are pure crap.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
03-02-2010 16:50 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

I do feel that Legendary weapon images, should be entirely different looking than they're non-legendary counterparts. So i voted Yes.

03-02-2010 21:17 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Yes - give us a decent looking pic.

C47 - the current bit sepia speckling is too literal - I don't think the word "legendary" in this context is meant to mean ancient, like it was a weapon my great grandad was using, is it?
I thought it was meant to mean butt-kickingly awesome - like it is so good, legends have been written about it.

I want my shurikens to look like they would make a ninja pop his pants! Big Grin Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-02-2010 22:54 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Souleater393

Registration Date: 06-10-2008
Clan: HLL

Yep, it needs a change
New picture needed now !! Big Grin

03-03-2010 21:05 Souleater393 is offline Search for Posts by Souleater393 Add Souleater393 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Souleater393
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Yes - give us a decent looking pic.

C47 - the current bit sepia speckling is too literal - I don't think the word "legendary" in this context is meant to mean ancient, like it was a weapon my great grandad was using, is it?
I thought it was meant to mean butt-kickingly awesome - like it is so good, legends have been written about it.

I want my shurikens to look like they would make a ninja pop his pants! Big Grin Tongue

hmm havent you contradicted yourself there?

i always kind of likened it to like if someone irl found hercules' sword [if he had one, and assuming he was real], that would be a legendary sword. i assumed things were legendary because they were older and thus legends written about them.

03-03-2010 22:36 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

tbh with you I'm not really that arsed Tongue I don't spend all my BW time looking at my legendary weapons Cool

And my Leg Perf Light 2h Sword is pretty cool I think Big Grin so yup I think there are bigger issues that need sorting...

I did vote yes though Wink to keep you all happy and yeah anything new is normally good in BW until everyone gets bored and asks for more new stuff Tongue

@ Mortis; maybe your scorpios just look crap anyway Pleased oh yeah I went there Tongue 2h weapons tend to look pretty feckin awesome on Legendary/Perfect Big Grin

03-04-2010 00:14 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
diablo

Apollo, is it the pictures of perfect 2h weapons or legendary perfect 2h weapons you like? There is a major difference between those two. I agree with the perfect 2h weapons, they really look awesome, but I'd disagree with the leg. perf. 2h weapons.

03-04-2010 08:44 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC

hmm havent you contradicted yourself there?

i always kind of likened it to like if someone irl found hercules' sword [if he had one, and assuming he was real], that would be a legendary sword. i assumed things were legendary because they were older and thus legends written about them.

Hmmm, I don't think I did?

Just because there is a legend about something, doesn't mean it has to old & tatty "looking".

That is the point Diablo is making.

They may be legendary wepaons / items - but that doesn't mean they have to "look" old. Maybe when you first find it... but once you cleaned it, worked on it, & blooded it, surely it's legendary awesomeness would sparkle like new!

Think of Narsil in LotR - it may have been broken & ancient, but once it had been reforged, it looked like an awesome death-dealer. Big Grin

Surely we all want our weapons to look like that?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-04-2010 13:06 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

I voted yes, and then in hindsight changed my mind. I was tempted to delete your poll, but I decided that would be unfair Big Grin

Makes no difference to me personally

03-05-2010 01:30 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

the way i see it is this

the pic isnt goin to make the wepon better in terms of effects

so i coudnt care less lol

i havnt even voted hehe

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
03-05-2010 03:36 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

Right here are my two perfect weaps...

Which do you lot think look better ino they both look amazin Big Grin Wink but if I have to be honest I probably prefer the shiny-ness of the Perfect Mace so yeah in comparison Legendary isnt as good Frown but it's not a major concern of mine considering they both look awesome anyways Smile

Apollo has attached these images (downsized versions):
LegPerf2hS.jpg PerfMace.jpg

03-05-2010 23:28 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Matt Compton

images/avatars/avatar-704.png

Registration Date: 10-13-2009

When my first Legendary item dropped I was like omfg yay woohoo!

LEGENDARY MAGNUM!!!!!!!!

Only to discover it looked exactly equally crappy as the normal magnum that even the lowest punks in Dirty Harry movies wouldn't want to touch with a pole.

05-09-2010 22:11 Matt Compton is offline Search for Posts by Matt Compton Add Matt Compton to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

Matt Compton the last post was over a month ago.... warning for necropost as your comment added nothing new to the discussion.... thread closed

05-11-2010 19:16 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » New graphics for legendary items!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH