Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Experience tattoo - red X needed? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Experience tattoo - red X needed?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Experience tattoo - red X needed? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This previously occured to me when a friend of mine, with black knight tattoos, said he didn't want to fully upgrade his experience tattoo simply because he didn't want to have to look at a giant red X in the Throne Hall. It may seem like an insignificant gesture, but others may feel the same when it comes to the experience tattoos that *only* give an aura.
I was wondering whether a change could be made to show the tattoos that only give auras, no matter what equipment is currently on. Any thoughts on this idea?

04-04-2010 17:55 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

RE: Experience tattoo - red X needed? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Philly
This previously occured to me when a friend of mine, with black knight tattoos, said he didn't want to fully upgrade his experience tattoo simply because he didn't want to have to look at a giant red X in the Throne Hall.

LOL Thats exactly the same reason why mine is at Level 4 still :')

I think your suggestion is good Smile and would like to see it brought in asap and heres me thinking I was being silly and OCD-ish Tongue thankyou for raising the point and your BK friend is a genius Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Apollo: 04-04-2010 18:15.

04-04-2010 18:15 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So i could do up my BK exp tatt to level 5 and it'll still give me the extra exp even though my items dont match teh defence requirement?

04-06-2010 16:27 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
So i could do up my BK exp tatt to level 5 and it'll still give me the extra exp even though my items dont match teh defence requirement?

Yup

Aura always works means it doesnt matter if your stuff doesnt fit the requirements Wink

04-06-2010 16:38 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Or, we could let the admin use the little time they have between running the game, boards and actualy living half a life, to improve the actual game and implement some useful patches?

04-08-2010 01:10 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Philly

well aren't we abit snappy o.O
it seemed like a fairly easy coding thing to do, to me... not exactly long and complicated like having set items equipped... i wasn't exactly asking for an entire patch to be dedicated to this, i was simply wondering if it were at all possible in the future.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Philly: 04-08-2010 04:45.

04-08-2010 04:39 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Out of 9 tattoos, 3 (Monk, hunter, sniper) have extra traits on the xp tattoo, so you'd have to hard code it for every tattoo. Please don't get me wrong, I'd prefer your idea to be implemented, but it is much easier to keep it the way it is now.
Also, BKs are the only ones complaining Wink
I can't see a logical reason why not to upgrade the tattoo because of a red X over it...

04-08-2010 08:52 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Faquarl

Registration Date: 11-03-2009
Clan: Source

if it bothers you having a little red cross there then work out where it will be on your screen and stick a piece of tape or something over it to hide it..... i think i should be a developer with genius ideas like that >_>

04-08-2010 11:26 Faquarl is offline Search for Posts by Faquarl Add Faquarl to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

But as Unholy Emporer clearly stated eirlyer, he didnt even know you could have a tattoo at level 5 and have itr still work lol.

Im sure this is also the case for quite alot other players aswell, when it says ;

Level: 5
Effects: -
Aura (always works): experience +10 %

And theres a huge red X there.. a littloe bit of common sence would say.. ok fine it doesnt work.. but obviously once you get to know it.. then it does.
04-08-2010 11:36 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

LOL

a) I can't believe you people are denying yourself experience & speedy growth in the game, just because you don't like the look of a red cross - that is just crazy speak!

b) as per Artoir said, I'm sure there are actual useful things the Devs could be doing with their time instead of something a pointless as this.

c) how much time do you spend staring at your profile page anyway? Clearly waaaaay too long - try spending a bit more time getting better at the game, and then that red cross will go away for good. Tongue Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-18-2010 00:15 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Experience tattoo - red X needed?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH