Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Where has all the blood gone? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Where has all the blood gone? 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: -END-

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ur sayin put all the items of players quittin into a raffle of sorts.i like dat idea.at least all the items will be put back into circulation insted of just dissapearing.
03-16-2008 21:21 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
stryke1

Registration Date: 01-15-2008
Clan: COTU

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

omg after all of this row about lack of blood they decide to implicate... "fresh blood" now it costs us 50% more blood to regenerate... granted its not permanent but it wont exactly help the situation now will it.

03-17-2008 09:18 stryke1 is offline Search for Posts by stryke1 Add stryke1 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

The events are random, no one triggers them manually.

03-17-2008 10:21 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
robocop116

Registration Date: 11-19-2007
Clan: BOA

why cant we just buy blood we have so mutch money all the time it would be cool if we could buy blood and people.
03-20-2008 16:58 robocop116 is offline Homepage of robocop116 Search for Posts by robocop116 Add robocop116 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for robocop116
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Because only a few weeks ago there was a problem with money when "Junk" was introduced.

If you rely on one for the other, the former resource will be thrown off balance as well

03-20-2008 17:03 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Practice

Registration Date: 02-07-2008

exactly they effectively become the same resource (like stones and money kind of have now).
03-20-2008 21:59 Practice is offline Search for Posts by Practice Add Practice to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

one thing i think would sort the problem out is when you have under 500 blood, it can no longer be looted, in ambushes or seiges. also, this is a game about vampires, why not have it so we can sacrifice people for blood, or make ambushes on empty squires to get a limited aount of blood

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bobalob57: 03-21-2008 09:23.

03-21-2008 09:23 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Jimferatu

images/avatars/avatar-115.gif

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: V13 & BoS

Thread Starter Thread Started by Jimferatu

I think the situation from my end has improved very slightly over the last couple of weeks, so perhaps the rush to build marketplaces did have something to do with it - However its gonna be a cold day in hell before I get back to have 20,000+ blood in my account again!

I've had to purchase the whole emerald set just to get the blood productivity bonus! Big Grin

03-27-2008 11:06 Jimferatu is offline Search for Posts by Jimferatu Add Jimferatu to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Ah-ha!

quote:
I've had to purchase the whole emerald set just to get the blood productivity bonus!

So you're the one I've been bidding against. Big Grin

Seriously, I agree the situation is slowly improving with the blood - but I also agree with Bobalob -
quote:
why not have it so we can sacrifice people for blood
- we are vampires after all; I read most of the previous debate on this & possibly the people / blood ratio is too fine a line for this.

Also, I agree with Caprio -
quote:
when you have always 10k+ blood you don't need to worry about anything
- it shouldn't be easy to get blood or else you wouldn't worry about doing your attacks or upgrading your buildings.

Mortis probably hit on the best idea -
quote:
Another idea could be, that number of people will influence the production of blood. More people more blood.
- if our people production also gave us a blood bonus, then that shouldn't upset the balance.

So for example, every 100 people created by the buildings generates 20 L of blood; which I don't think is too high a ratio? (welcome debate on this)
That should then give people who are really desperate, enough blood to do a couple of attacks, or join a siege, etc.

Of course, as theheraldofogc so logically points out - one aim of the game is to learn to ration your blood supply, so you don't run out. You don't always have to use arcana during attacks, and if you do only attack inactive players then you are only going get dribbles of blood in return.

Phew - this is a interesting subject! Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-27-2008 13:48 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

that would be quite a good idea as people do produce blood, althoagh all you need to do is constantly do quests and not use arcane, as well as building up your blood boosting buildings, im not sure if i should say this as im surly gunna get ambushed but im lv 34 an iv got bout 40k blood (waits for the ambushes to pour on top of me)
03-27-2008 13:58 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Big Grin lol - Bob, you surely are asking for trouble...

I on the other hand, have about 1k of blood (patiently waits for people to stop attacking me... yah, like that's gonna happen) Tongue

BW Team - This may seem like a silly question (as some valid points that sort of answer it have already been posted):-
Why is the amount of blood generated by buildings so low?

An extra 5 l/h every time I upgrade my slaughterhouse is a little bit pathetic. And as for the extra 3 l/h from the surgery - why is it lower than the slaughterhouse?? I can't wait to build a hospital; what will that give me - an extra 1 l/h?

I know you want to encourage us little bloodthirsty vampires to fight; but come on, do you really think that generating a little more blood is gonna stop us beating each other up? Evil

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-27-2008 19:30 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

i am now buying the emerald set
the emerlad by it self doesn't give good attaking bonus but does give some blood which is needed
but now i never us anca excpet for the odd attack and sieges
but i have to attack the lower levels when i want some blood
03-30-2008 13:25 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
diochawolper
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 06-14-2007

thanks to my square i dont have this trouble.
because the blood comes to me,there are a bunch of people trying to ambush me but thanks to my high police station i almost always win.
i have around 60k blood now.
so im fine
03-31-2008 16:51 diochawolper is offline Search for Posts by diochawolper Add diochawolper to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

*goes to Bwych clan to see if I can attack Diochawolper* DAmn, You're too low level for me Frown I'm having great problems, and I dont bother attacking lower levels anymore because I know that one day they will rise up the rankings and whoop my rear Tongue lol

03-31-2008 17:26 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Anyone else has loads of blood? This looks like a great source Smile

03-31-2008 19:13 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

iv recently just moved back into zone 3 and the difference is unbelievable, in zone 4 i had around 5000 blood average, but as soon as i moved bk to zone three and the constant attacks im back to no blood, already today iv had 9 people attack me. Zone 4 is flooded with blood tho, iv found a few nice sources, hence the start of a new thread by some unhappy lower players lol.

Necro knows me as Gjallar

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kralen: 03-31-2008 19:21.

03-31-2008 19:20 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Death_Reborn

images/avatars/avatar-175.gif

Registration Date: 03-30-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

I have carried out 9 attacks in a row, trying to see if it makes a difference between the top 50 and 150-200 ranked players (something I don't like doing) and not one attack has given me any blood!

All I keep doing is apologising for attacking the lower ranked players - which I'm sure they're naffed off over!

Death_Reborn in Underworld

The_Unwanted in Necro
03-31-2008 23:15 Death_Reborn is offline Search for Posts by Death_Reborn Add Death_Reborn to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Death_Reborn
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008

Small players from big clans seems to be the key.

They end up with the best squares (without lifting a finger to do it >Frown Sorry but I'm a self sufficent player and not a scavenger player so I'm biased), and benefit from successful looting seiges.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
03-31-2008 23:23 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Death_Reborn

To prove a point, as my "friends" at COI think I have Natwest Blood Bank stamped on my forehead, it's not just the lower ranked players that are farmed - I get attacked twice a day by most of COI in the in the top 30

HIT POINTS 180 / 611
BLOOD POINTS 0 / 239

This is now pretty much how it looks all the time, so I have no option but to search the lower ranks for a donor!

The_Unwanted in Necro
03-31-2008 23:43 Death_Reborn is offline Search for Posts by Death_Reborn Add Death_Reborn to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Death_Reborn
theheraldofogc
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Death_Reborn
To prove a point, as my "friends" at COI think I have Natwest Blood Bank stamped on my forehead, it's not just the lower ranked players that are farmed - I get attacked twice a day by most of COI in the in the top 30

HIT POINTS 180 / 611
BLOOD POINTS 0 / 239

This is now pretty much how it looks all the time, so I have no option but to search the lower ranks for a donor!

That's just tactless! You'd think COI would at least farm .DB. since they're at war Tongue

03-31-2008 23:51 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

It goes exactly the same way with most clans ..... BC get exactly the same treatment, and I would imagine that most others below do as well.

03-31-2008 23:55 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Blood problems are meant to increase in higher zones as you gain less blood from quests and have less people to attack.

You don't need blood always so saving some quests before the 2nd phase of a siege or making someone attack you and be defeated in the same situation will really increase your hp on a siege Wink . Also you can try to find a bloodfarm in lower zones and attack him/her when you need to.

04-01-2008 02:02 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Of course, the all time Favourite Shoddy Tactic Award goes to anyone who farms the lower level players of the clan you're seiging.

Yeah, er, it wasn't me!

Ah, who'm I kidding. I'm a vampire! Not the Easter Bunny! >Wink

04-01-2008 03:07 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Taken from the thread "Annoyance"

quote:
Now this one's a shot in the dark, but hear me out.

I think we can all agree the blood problem gets progressively worse as you go further up the ranks (perhaps not in all cases, but this seems to be the general consensus).

Higher ranked players are having to "farm" weaker players so they can regenerate their HP.

But this means less PoP from ambush, therefore slowing down overall progress.

As you go further down the ranks, the situation isn't as bad, with fewer ambushes being spent trying to find blood, i.e; The lower ranked players progress at a faster rate than those much stronger than them.

Perhaps this COULD, with stress on the word "could", start rebalancing the rankings over the long term.

I hope this doesn't merit a warning for spam, it's relevant to this post

04-01-2008 09:47 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

It is possible that it could start to rebalance the game, but the problem is the same as the points situation, only in reverse ....... the gaps between the 'haves' and 'have nots' is too wide to work with (reversed from points in that the 'haves' are the low levels)

04-01-2008 09:55 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

That's true, but if the "haves" start to catch up with the "have nots", they themselves will start to become "have nots", but will hopefully bring alot of blood with them up the rankings.

A long term plan needs to be through about, and just as you said Gendibal, not suddenly pumping thousands of litres of blood into the game.

Our consumption of blood is too high and the supply cant cope.

When I first started playing I was using full arcana every ambush. Since the crisis started, I only use arcana in defense.

If everybody did something even this small, imagine the difference?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 04-01-2008 11:04.

04-01-2008 10:00 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Scillage
Forum Legend

Same here Artoir, except it has got so bad that I don't even bother using arcana in defence anymore, most people don't get through (pretty much always 30% chance against me) and those that do beat me anyway...

04-01-2008 10:58 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Artoir.
Avenger

Excellent point, think I'll be changing my AI in defense lol

04-01-2008 11:05 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Scillage
Forum Legend

Lol, and from doing that (cue all the attacks) I have 8k Blood...

Roll Up, Roll Up, New NationWide Blood Bank Here, Thats A New NationWide Blood Bank Here.

04-01-2008 11:09 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Artoir.
Avenger

Jees I havent that amount in a long time.

Im not so bad, the majority of melee players dont get near me and its only those with 70+ perception that really do me any harm (Diablo Tongue ).

But like I said, I appreciate the lack of blood currently so as long as I'm not getting farmed twice a day by the same player it's cool.

@Scillage: :LAWL

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 04-01-2008 11:16.

04-01-2008 11:16 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
theheraldofogc
Viking

I do think that the blood problem is doing a good job of putting the brakes on.

Super players can't just walk in to a seige on demand and single handedly wipe the opponants.

The further you advance the more tactical you have to be with your ambushes and quests while it's a 24 hour party for the first couple of months, doing whatever you felt like (I miss them days...).

Gamewise, it slows down the super players.

Storywise, the ancient vampires are far more powerful but also become sluggish and withdrawn as they require more and more blood just to move compared to the younger and more energetic breed.

This reigns me in where my rise is otherwise meteoric. I'd been farmed within an inch of my life and I want to upgrade my Old Market but now I have to slow down a bit and accumulate first instead of doing whatever I feel like.

04-01-2008 15:32 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
Storywise, the ancient vampires are far more powerful but also become sluggish and withdrawn as they require more and more blood just to move compared to the younger and more energetic breed.

According to every vampire legend I read the older the vampire the more powerfull he/she becomes.

04-01-2008 15:52 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Death_Reborn

It's going to be very difficult to upgrade your market as I can't see anyone holding onto blood for too long - and soon as someone realises you have a stockpile, you're history

The_Unwanted in Necro
04-01-2008 15:56 Death_Reborn is offline Search for Posts by Death_Reborn Add Death_Reborn to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Death_Reborn
theheraldofogc
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc

According to every vampire legend I read the older the vampire the more powerfull he/she becomes.

You even quoted me saying "powerful" Tongue

Just thinking long deep sleeps here while the younguns run around. Ancient vampires taking a long time to become active.

Blood = Coffee.

04-01-2008 16:35 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007

The lack of blood though is tremendous the most blood ive had in the past 2 weeks is 18000 litres and this is from farming low leveled players like yourself Artoir Smile
(diablo attacks you cause i told him you had blood Big Grin ) but this amount of blood only seemed to last 2 days this was without hardly using arcana in attack or defence just for a few expo's here and thier but im back down to about 400 litres now. we cant survive now with the huge demand for blood in and around the top 100, something has to change. I like the idea of farming people when blood is needed because atm i have around 1.2million people this would come in handy farming people if this was the case Tongue something has to change fast. Or the dev's will lose all players because of the blood loss

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304
04-01-2008 16:58 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Well in fairness, I havent had 18k blood for a LONG time Deathstar. And that's with no Arcana at all.

The only reason I havent been quite as bad as the rest is because of the low chance of successful ambush http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=86325b24d4

04-01-2008 18:22 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007

yep looks that way it must be just hard on melee then cause gunners dont seem to have a big a problem as melee.

i was originally a sniper then changed to assassin both of these are bad because the new patch hasnt come yet

gunner bad because you can never win against melee in attack

melee bad because you cant get at the gunners for blood :/

either way things have to change from my point of view

P.S. srry Artoir for the ambushes next time ill attack with guns if it makes ya feel better Smile

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304
04-01-2008 23:23 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
joshk
Double Ace

Registration Date: 02-15-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: DB

most guns though when there not upgrded are rubbish, so i just use my long bow +5 for now, and composite bows are so hard to get.

anyway back on subject

i have 50K Blood WHOOOOOOOO

(damn i should not have said that now im gonna be attacked like hell darn)

LOL

If you must Cheat, Cheat Death.
And if you must Drink, Drink in only the moments that take your breath away.
08-31-2008 18:44 joshk is offline Search for Posts by joshk Add joshk to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of joshk: joshk1995@yahoo.co.uk View the MSN Profile for joshk
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

joshk, warning for necroposting.

Thread closed.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

08-31-2008 20:25 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Where has all the blood gone?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH