Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Ritual or not? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Ritual or not? 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Ritual or not? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got my Leg Scorpio's both at G+2 now

After about 6months and tons of stones (and i accidental upgrade fail of my G+5 one) this is where they are.

Now should i use ritiual from G+2 -> G+5 on both.

I seem to be more lucky on quests also.

Total cost of ritual for both

158 bs, 70 hs, 48 ls

Thanks

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Foxy: 05-18-2010 17:04.

05-18-2010 17:02 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Perseus

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Dash

RE: Ritual or not? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmmm tricky.. i would go for ritual because i know how much bad luck youve had with those guns Wink

Perseus strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Magnum, Slomka takes 199 damage
05-18-2010 17:06 Perseus is offline Search for Posts by Perseus Add Perseus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Perseus
Clemenza
Puki Mod

images/avatars/avatar-926.png

Registration Date: 03-09-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

RE: Ritual or not? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

with main gear I'm using ritual all the time Smile

anyway at the end it's up to you to try your luck but you have tried it before and now it seems you regret it so I think you know what to do Wink

05-18-2010 17:19 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Rituals boring

but with the rng and your weps you should go ritual

05-18-2010 17:20 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
darksnow

Registration Date: 10-23-2009
Clan: End

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well, assuming its actually 60% chance, you'd be able to get to g+5 on half the stones needed for ritual.
but then, considering how the RNG likes to mess with you(30 bs for +1->+5)....

statisically, non-ritual is the better deal.
but then statistics are just that, statistics.

Censored and warned by diablo.

06-12-2010 23:58 darksnow is offline Search for Posts by darksnow Add darksnow to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Source/TFE

Non-Ritual all the way!
I've never used the ritual on any of my equip and atm I have

Perfect Items - 2
G+5 Items - 7
G+4 Items - 1
G+3 Items - 4

Not bad considering my main equip goes

Helmet - G+5
Armour - G+5
Amulet - G+5
Ring - G+3
Ring - G+3
Shorts - G+5
Weapon - Perf

So yeah use the "sod it" method as I call it Tongue its more rewarding to get something from Good to Good +5 via lucky upgrading Smile

And yeah the statistics on this game are bullshizz considering you are more likely to upgrade something to perfect (30%) than fail an 80% easy quest (20%) but yeah I tend to get a good 5 out of every 24 that fail at 80% so yeah that sucks Tongue but Foxy go ritual and be cool Big Grin Cool

06-13-2010 00:09 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

The well of souls is a hateful and cruel thing. I don't trust it or it's percentages at all. If it can screw you over it usually will. The ones who get lucky have horseshoes up their backsides.

06-13-2010 00:36 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
darksnow

Registration Date: 10-23-2009
Clan: End

i lucked my shotgun all the way up to perfect, then the poof :p

06-13-2010 03:36 darksnow is offline Search for Posts by darksnow Add darksnow to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

I have stupidly tried to up two items from good+5 to perfect and both times they have ended up as just good .
So now its ritual and merge for Me .

06-13-2010 10:31 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

quote:
Originally posted by darksnow
well, assuming its actually 60% chance, you'd be able to get to g+5 on half the stones needed for ritual.
but then, considering how the RNG likes to fuck with you(30 bs for +1->+5)....

statisically, non-ritual is the better deal.
but then statistics are just that, statistics.

the statistics are that the ritual cost is determined by the average price you would have payed anyway.

go with ritual, is the best for gear that is important for you to have on greater than normal+1.

for stuff u dont need, risk away.

06-13-2010 12:43 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

I quite like not using the Ritual. Adds an extra element to the game. Just today I got an item from G+1 to G+5 without it, and it was a lot of fun and rewarding when I succeeded. It's up to you really. Is it worth the risk?

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by LucifersAngel: 06-13-2010 19:38.

06-13-2010 19:38 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: The Source

Ive never once used ritual and so far ive got 9 items to G+5 without...

4 maces to G+5 (2 merged into 1 perfect)
1 bracelet of accuracy
1 ring of accuracy
2 leg uzi's
1 leg beretta

And im 99% sure that this worked out 10 times cheaper than ritual as the accuracy items and one or 2 of the maces went up without failing Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

06-14-2010 19:53 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

I asked myself this question dozens of times. If I had've been wise and used ritual 100% of the time, most of my items on both my accounts would have been on G+5 instead of G+2/3.

06-15-2010 01:14 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Ritual for all non-duplicating items.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
06-15-2010 20:56 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

lol not using the ritual is one of the only things that keeps this game from descending into complete boredom Tongue almost got every weapon I use to Gd+5 or above just 2 to go Big Grin but yeah foxy best of luck if you choose non-ritual Smile and post wat you choose to do because I'm dead interested now Tongue

06-16-2010 01:15 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Foxy

Since you asked Wink

Im using ritual

One scorpio at G+5 now other at G+3 after i find ls

06-16-2010 03:54 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Foxy

Finished and ritual all the way =)

Now just got to ritual g+3 and G+4 elvish capes to g+5 and merge to make my 2nd Perfect elvish cape =)

Thanks for help, can be closed

07-07-2010 17:51 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Registration Date: 01-22-2009
Clan: HLL

ritual Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It really suck for me too much stones demanded... but from g+5 to p I had a lot of duplicating kilts capes and bandanna at g+5 some time ago..Due to lack of mana I tried 9 upgrade from g+5 and failed them all, so now it's merges, apart from legendary items.

I usually go without ritual up to g+3. With some luck you do all in a row, and the time I was most unlucky I just spent the same as doing the ritual..But if you always fail don't complain...

After g+3 restart all is not too nice, so often I use the ritual, at least for my fighting gear.

Good luck!
09-21-2010 15:32 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

RE: ritual Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i never use ritual, i just make sure to be bored or drunk, that seems to work the best.

Got around 30 items on perfect or above, some where merged to perfect some where upgraded to perfect. But each one of them was upped to G+5 without ritual

09-21-2010 16:50 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Please check the date of the last post before posting a reply... This thread is older than my grandma... And yes, I am exaggerating...

Another hint that this isn't a place for such reply lies in the contents of the last post.
quote:
Originally posted by Foxy
Thanks for help, can be closed

So... Enjoy your warning, grind.
Thread closed.

In case you were wondering why you got a warning and Dooz didn't. He was replying to your post while you were replying to an old thread. Hope you understand the difference.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

09-21-2010 19:07 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Ritual or not?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH