Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » prefix sets » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page prefix sets
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

prefix sets Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i dont know if anyone else has ever wondered this (quick searched shows no results although im shattered and may have searched something entirely different)

but obviously prefixed sets give additional bonus when full completed, how comes things like elvish, magnetic and hunter dont have full sets i.e helm armour shorts??

i would have thought being a prefix the set would be completable, clearly its not, but i think it should be Smile

anyone else feel the developers should add the missing components to these prefix items?

IGN: acidic shots
06-15-2010 22:09 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not necessarily, the items in particular are usually balanced so that if there were to be a set, they would have far too good stats, and would imbalance the game.

For example, an elvish set would create a set with llots of agil, +crit and god knows what else if u were to add in a set bonus. however, as individual pieces they are quite good. Not to mention the tattoos they would work for...

i.e. they are good pieces, currently working well. to create a set would overpower them, and create imbalance.

I am definately sure the devs have considered this and probably wont implement it anytime soon.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by OTNC: 06-15-2010 22:15.

06-15-2010 22:14 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Clan: LGN

Thread Starter Thread Started by demonfury v2
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a full set dosent have to give more agilty

example would be the solar set, single items give HUGE perc bonuses but the full set gives +1 attack and also more damage

example for a full hunters set would be this

complete set = no negative crit chance with guns

i know this thread is nothing spectacular and will most likely be closed before midnight, but i was just wondering why so many amazing prefixes like solar and hawkes give full set bonues and mid range things like hunters/evlish and poop things like magnetic dont even have a full set LOL

IGN: acidic shots
06-15-2010 22:23 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

in that specific instance, perhaps to make intelligence a harder stat to aquire.

imagine the squares you could build with a set of megnetic... and etc. my general point is that the devs will have left several pieces like this for a reason.

And solar in itself is hard enough to get a normal set. I would imagine a suffixed set would be practically unwearable due to reqs, until you are very high lvl, thus the bonus would have to make up for lack of usable suffixes.

06-15-2010 23:08 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
Not necessarily, the items in particular are usually balanced so that if there were to be a set, they would have far too good stats, and would imbalance the game.

For example, an elvish set would create a set with llots of agil, +crit and god knows what else if u were to add in a set bonus. however, as individual pieces they are quite good. Not to mention the tattoos they would work for...

i.e. they are good pieces, currently working well. to create a set would overpower them, and create imbalance.

I am definately sure the devs have considered this and probably wont implement it anytime soon.
Amen!
Couldn't have said it better.
Sets are a bonus and not everything is a part of a set. We don't deal with sets on their own, we have items and some of them do form a set when worn at the same time.

06-16-2010 09:37 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » prefix sets

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH