Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Reported Auction Message's » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Reported Auction Message's 5 Votes - Average Rating: 6.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Reported Auction Message's Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Its something i been thinking about

I've seen about if auction is reported you shouldn't use stones etc for 3 days

Problem is. how many people actually look after there auction ends to see if its been reported.

I think a message should be sent to buyer and seller if item is reported (within 1 day of it ending)

I know thismay cause lag so im not sure, Evan's expert on lag

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
07-07-2010 00:01 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

makes sense. would save any questioning involved with whether or not the person knew it was reported. i'd agree.

07-07-2010 00:09 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: The Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There shouldnt be any need for this

People know they should report there auction if they get a good haul of stones and then people should also know not to spend the stones for 3 days

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

07-07-2010 00:12 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by Murderous
There shouldnt be any need for this

People know they should report there auction if they get a good haul of stones and then people should also know not to spend the stones for 3 days

Couldn't disagree more. A 'good' haul of stones doesn't mean an excessive amount.

Plus the point being made is that if someone fails to report the auction, but it is reported by a third party, they wouldn't be aware of the 3-day rule.

Plus the buyer is also put at risk by the 3-day recall possibility, without ever being notified that the auction is reported.

Not every reported auction is a push.

@ Foxy, good idea in theory, but as you mentioned, likely to cause lag, and through that, the chance for abuse through people reporting every auction bringing the game to a standstill (unlikely, but there are people to do it).
07-07-2010 00:19 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

And also in some circumstances people auction items to raise stones quickly to buy another item I think it would help the seller to have peace of mind if they recieved a message notifying them about the reporting of their auctions so they don't purchase something with the stones raised...

07-07-2010 02:22 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010

Does it have to be an in game thing?

We all have email, and I'm sure we all check it.

Just a thought, but it wouldn't cause lag on the game server, even through an automated system, at least nowhere near as much as an in game message... though it would requirew setting up a seperate system specifically for this use.

And wash away my innocence and fear
07-07-2010 02:25 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

You're missing the fact that it is when YOU report YOUR OWN auction that you shouldn't use the gained stones for 3 days. If someone else reported your auction, then why should you ''suffer'' (not use stones for 3 days)?

07-07-2010 08:34 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
You're missing the fact that it is when YOU report YOUR OWN auction that you shouldn't use the gained stones for 3 days. If someone else reported your auction, then why should you ''suffer'' (not use stones for 3 days)?

I agree that you shouldn't have to wait the 3 days, but that doesn't change the fact that if someone else reports your auction, it could still be cancelled, and the stones and items would exchange back.

This could potentially put one or both parties in a bad situation if they've spent the stones already, or upgraded the item.

That's why notifying the persons involved in the auction, if their item/bid is reported by a third party, is a good idea in my opinion.
07-07-2010 08:44 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Reported Auction Message's

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH