Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Ignore list - enquiry/suggestion. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ignore list - enquiry/suggestion. 11 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0011 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0011 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0011 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0011 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Ignore list - enquiry/suggestion. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Im posting to enquire if there is any possible way to block messages from a player whilst ingame? Referring to both messages sent to the clan, and to my person.

[The person you may have guessed is getting on my chops, is not conventially abusive, and has done nothing drastically wrong in a way that could get himself banned. However his acts infuriate me repeatedly and relentlessly, on several servers, for extended periods of time, several times after being told by myself and others not to.]

If i cannot find a way to block this player i will have to resort to drastic actions such as leaving the clans i have been in, leaving many helpful players and friends. On the foreign servers where there are no alternative english speaking clans i will just have to quit the server i suppose, before i snap and send abuse which will just get be banned. So frustrated at having to deal with this on a game that i love D:

There is a friends list of course, a suggestion perhaps could be an ignore list, as i have seen on other games. Now im not one for complaining particularly, and i hate to suggest such an idea which would perhaps not be used by very many players, but i think it would be beneficial to the odd player or two like me.

Anyways, end rant. Sorry for acting like such a little girl, but i am borderline thinking of quitting another server, losing premium and potential to have some fun.

Edits for great justice:
quote:
From My Good Self:
Also, possibly to be implemented would be a section of the messages, labelled 'Ignored'. Similar to some E-mail inboxes, all ignored messages could stay in there for a selected period of time, and could be possibly checked on the off chance that the ignored player has something relevant/interesting/etc that you might want to read.

quote:
Serafine:
I like the idea, and again it would cut down on the some of the work load of the devs themselves. Yes we can delete the message and ignore it that way, but even those few clicks is a waste of our time.
I think it's an update they could throw in with some bug fixes sometime..

quote:
Apollo:
But maybe a little pop up thing like when a building is finished a notification sort of appears on the next click then goes again on the click after that. Like; Incoming Message from xxx Blocked

07-22-2010 20:48 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm 100% with you

This is the only game I know without a block message feature. It allows players to stop abuse by messages. Which stops wasting admin time dealing with argumentative matters ingame.
07-22-2010 21:07 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i ain't really bothered, i think its sometimes the pointless clan messages but i don't have a problem with anyone so i think it would be a pointless option and its for a personal problem it sounds like...... i wouldn't use it, but then again i suppose if someone was doing my head in then it would be good but nah i think it would be a pointless feature sorry cubie Frown

bad frrom moi!! just hit the delete button in game like you don't have to open the message

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

07-22-2010 22:43 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

I agree with Cube & Flash, it would save a lot of admin time on the forum, and would be a handy thing to have in game. I can think of several people I would like to stop messages coming from. Evil

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
07-22-2010 22:48 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
I can think of several people I would like to stop messages coming from. Evil

Tongue hope I'm not one of them C. Wink
I think its a good and useful idea Smile and Cube I have a rough idea who your on about Wink I think it would be a great thing to introduce, especially when you have a message from that person and your inbox says (1) and it is full, in some circumstances I have to delete reports/useful messages to get to the spam... would just be easier if block was introduced Pleased

07-22-2010 22:55 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: The Source

LOL me and my mate were talking about a block person button literally an hour or so ago and i come on the forum to find this!

Brilliant, possibly the best suggestion in a while

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

07-22-2010 23:10 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Thread Starter Thread Started by OTNC

quote:
Originally posted by Beatrice_2
i ain't really bothered, i think its sometimes the pointless clan messages but i don't have a problem with anyone so i think it would be a pointless option and its for a personal problem it sounds like...... i wouldn't use it, but then again i suppose if someone was doing my head in then it would be good but nah i think it would be a pointless feature sorry cubie Frown

bad frrom moi!! just hit the delete button in game like you don't have to open the message

it may indeed be a personnal thing, and i did expect people to say just press delete Smile

but im sure theres enough people in bloodwars who recieve abuse from some people, who could do without it. I know theres enough disputes over squares/personnal arguments etc to warrent a prevention from flaming etc Smile

thanks for the support guys!

07-22-2010 23:21 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
quote:
Originally posted by Beatrice_2

it may indeed be a personnal thing, and i did expect people to say just press delete Smile

but im sure theres enough people in bloodwars who recieve abuse from some people, who could do without it. I know theres enough disputes over squares/personnal arguments etc to warrent a prevention from flaming etc Smile

thanks for the support guys!

lol sorry love, i knows but i didn't expect to many people to have such a thing with people on a game :p lol ... i know you get one or two bums like that like the spount their mouths off but thats what the admin people are for to ban them XD Wink

but as i said if it was happening to me i guess i'd want it too Tongue Wink

xxx

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

07-22-2010 23:30 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Haha thx bea Smile

A related point i would like to make, is that i wish to ignore people who infuriate me, but who keep their antics arguably within the rules, and cannot get banned. But i certainly would get banned for retorting as i would wish to.

So i wish for an ignore feature if there is not already one, for those who people would want to ignore, but do not recieve enough abuse to warrent a banning.

But also to ignore people who also could recieve a ban for causing offence.

07-22-2010 23:32 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Serious

Registration Date: 07-17-2010

There is being inside the rules and harassing someone, that deserves to be stamped on whether inside the rules or not.

I agree it would make an excellent addition but with the work on Act 3 going on I don't see it getting implemented.

quote:
Originally posted by Apollo

You do realise this is just an internet game right?

07-24-2010 00:05 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

It's a good idea, but it may be a while before the devs even consider it.

I know there's been a few times I've wanted to ignore people for various reasons. When it got really bad, I would just delete the message without reading it. Or wait a day or two.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

07-24-2010 13:58 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

I like the idea, and again it would cut down on the some of the work load of the devs themselves. Yes we can delete the message and ignore it that way, but even those few clicks is a waste of our time and as (I think it was) Apollo said, sometimes you have only have room in your inbox for one message, or it's full already. So if we could ignore them, that problem is solved.

I think it's an update they could throw in with some bug fixes sometime..

And Bea, you only are against it cos you think people will ignore you Wink

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
07-25-2010 01:32 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
Madarian

Registration Date: 08-01-2009
Clan: Vault 13

That looks like a good idea. It would be better that it is there and not used, then not there and really be needed. Smile So far I do not have to use it, but who knows what the future brings.

A few questions pop inside my head though.

- Should the sender be notified that the message was blocked if it was applied?
- Is it possible to block the messages from him and not reports from sieges or attacks?

Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for the rest of the day.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life...
Cool
07-25-2010 12:35 Madarian is offline Search for Posts by Madarian Add Madarian to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
Originally posted by Madarian
That looks like a good idea. It would be better that it is there and not used, then not there and really be needed. Smile So far I do not have to use it, but who knows what the future brings.

A few questions pop inside my head though.

- Should the sender be notified that the message was blocked if it was applied?
- Is it possible to block the messages from him and not reports from sieges or attacks?

Thanks my friend Smile

Your view is mine entirely, much better to have and not need, than need and not have Big Grin

The few answers that pop in to my head are, that no the person would not be notified, as this would create a lot of spam towards the ignored player if they recieved a message every time and from every player that blocked them, to notify them that they have been blocked.

Attacks and seiges are different types of messages, they are not directly a message sent by that person, they are reports of the actions done by that person, so i assume they would remain unaffected.

Also, possibly to be implemented would be a section of the messages, labelled 'Ignored'. Similar to some E-mail inboxes, all ignored messages could stay in there for a selected period of time, and could be possibly checked on the off chance that the ignored player has something relevant/interesting/etc that you might want to read.

I think possibly with enough support, serafine could be right and we may see this in a small bugfix patch. Perhaps a poll? But im not sure if this is necessary.

07-25-2010 15:33 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
The few answers that pop in to my head are, that no the person would not be notified, as this would create a lot of spam towards the ignored player if they recieved a message every time and from every player that blocked them, to notify them that they have been blocked.

True because that would defeat the object of blocking someone if you recieved a message saying this person's message has been blocked Tongue But maybe a little pop up thing like when a building is finished a notification sort of appears on the next click then goes again on the click after that. Like; Incoming Message from xxx Blocked

quote:
Attacks and seiges are different types of messages, they are not directly a message sent by that person, they are reports of the actions done by that person, so i assume they would remain unaffected.

I would hope they remain unaffected Smile especially if that person is seiging you you'd want to see how the seige panned out Wink

quote:

Love this bit! I think this is a great adaptation to the original new idea Tongue Still give people the option to read the message but keep it in a Junk folder-like thing Big Grin

In summary you have my full support for this idea would be a helpful and seemingly simple add-on to the game Cool

07-25-2010 15:54 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Well most other block features iv seen.

Say it I blocked OTNC, when he clicked send a little error would come up and say this person has blocked contact from you.

It's straight to the point and let's them know they've been blocked and the other person wouldn't get the message
07-25-2010 16:00 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Thank you apollo! I see we are both newly promoted Smile

The only reason i would have thought not to send a notification that you have been ignored flash, is that could spawn basically clan messages saying 'oh great ive been ignored. blah blah blah'

But i suppose that is for the devs to mull over.

Apollo i love your notification idea!

07-25-2010 16:11 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

True but then you still receive messages from that person?

If it's fully blocked you wouldn't know that they've even tryed, which if you wanted to block somebody would seem logical.

But this is a good idea and can be tweaked and should be :-)
07-25-2010 16:15 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: The Source

Does anyone know if were going to get anything like this any time soon?

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

08-04-2010 20:04 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

@ Muderous
I'm sure the devs will look into it for the next patch, if not, then in sometime in the near future.

@OTNC
Love the idea BUT

Why don't you just delete the messages sent by the special someone without Reading them. If they drive you insane constantly, then what's the point on furthering your anger and willingness to quit?

EDIT: Epic Spel Fail...check the signature Smile
EDIT: Another stupid mistake not noticed in the first...I really should use preview...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by franz: 08-04-2010 22:45.

08-04-2010 22:41 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Ignore list - enquiry/suggestion.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH