Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » A little poem for the Muslims who wanted to ruin this year's Armistice » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page A little poem for the Muslims who wanted to ruin this year's Armistice 10 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

A little poem for the Muslims who wanted to ruin this year's Armistice Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Content removed

+1

11-14-2010 13:32 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Its absolutely ridiculous, all muslims get in this country is hate...

9/11 this, suicide bomber that...

Bloody idiots going around saying, 'oh yeah, lets burn some qu'rrans' [spelling?], cartoons of the prophet [although, granted, i did laugh at the southpark episodes.]

And now when some muslims burn a poppy, they get 'Oh thats outrageous, why in gods name did you do that? Thats so distasteful and offensive...'

No wonder us brits have a disgusting international reputation.

Ive seen so many people saying things along the lines of 'muslims go home' because of this, but i feel those people who say that are the ones who should leave the country!!

Even a brazilian man in a rush gets shot dead because of the hype about bombers!

[/rant] Yes it was an aweful event, but please look at ourselves before you give all these intolerant jokes/rhymes/words.

11-14-2010 18:28 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
Its absolutely ridiculous, all muslims get in this country is hate...

9/11 this, suicide bomber that...

Bloody idiots going around saying, 'oh yeah, lets burn some qu'rrans' [spelling?], cartoons of the prophet [although, granted, i did laugh at the southpark episodes.]

And now when some muslims burn a poppy, they get 'Oh thats outrageous, why in gods name did you do that? Thats so distasteful and offensive...'

No wonder us brits have a disgusting international reputation.

Ive seen so many people saying things along the lines of 'muslims go home' because of this, but i feel those people who say that are the ones who should leave the country!!

Even a brazilian man in a rush gets shot dead because of the hype about bombers!

[/rant] Yes it was an aweful event, but please look at ourselves before you give all these intolerant jokes/rhymes/words.

All you can say is that Britain is to blame.. Thats pretty much what you just said there, i dont go into other peoples countrys to burn things.. i dont go into other peoples countrys to destroy things..

I wouldnt label myself a racist but to do that and have banners saying "british soldiers burn in hell" is absolutely disgusting when THEY come over here?
11-14-2010 18:52 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
All you can say is that Britain is to blame.. Thats pretty much what you just said there, i dont go into other peoples countrys to burn things.. i dont go into other peoples countrys to destroy things..

I wouldnt label myself a racist but to do that and have banners saying "british soldiers burn in hell" is absolutely disgusting when THEY come over here?

Ive seen 5x more 'burn in hell british/american soldiers' posters from [white]british/american protesters.

*Sigh, evangelical christians.*

The protesters in question also had posters such as "British soldiers: terrorists", which from the perspective of the average iraqi bystander, is true.

But i recognise and understand your point. However, if i went to stay in Germany, i'd think it was ridiculous to see people burning fish and chips and telling me to go home.

11-14-2010 19:09 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

im not trying to have too much of an opinion but if people want to come to our country and live the way we do as a nation and benefit from our general way of life (NHS etc) and then do something like that against our way of life then they do not deserve to be here....

I have no problems with muslims on the whole at all... but its a case of a few bad apples taint the british perspective of their whole race.

I dont mind muslims being in this country at all but the people that do things like this should be given a swift kick in the nuts and put on the next plane back to where they came from....

My main quarrel is with peoples outlook on things.... 1 bad apple does not spoil the bowl....

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-14-2010 19:38 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

Facebook is awash with ridiculous groups now with regards to this. My favourite so far so to be a counter-british group entitled 'Burn the christians who worship the Holy Poppy'. It just shows the mass of misinformation on both 'sides' of these ridiculous escapades. Account of minorities in countries being oppressed by the so-called natives isn't a new idea and a lot of it is hypocrisy. Lets not whitewash an entire religion on account of a small group of radicals.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

11-14-2010 19:39 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

Has it occurred to anyone posting about how they 'should go back to their own countries' that these people might be born and raised in Britain?

Islam isn't a country, Muslim isn't a nationality, it's a religion.

I don't agree with what they did, but the people who died in the wars supposedly died in the pursuit of freedom, which includes the freedom of expression, regardless of how horribly they choose to do it (Excepting illegal behaviour of course).

It's the age-old English arrogance showing through on this thread that i take exception to.
11-14-2010 20:06 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

I have a rather radical idea here ... bring back proper exile and deportation procedures, then treat things on a situation by situation basis.

If someone comes out with a placard saying 'our dead are in paradise, your dead are in hell' or any similar comment that would have been considered treasonous before the treason laws were conveniently disposed of then they're automatically saying that they are not British in any way shape or form. Deport them to their country of birth, if that country of birth happens to fall within the UK, then strip them of the British citizenship they so despise and exile them outside British borders. And that applies to people of ANY race, religion, colour, creed, gender or even underwear size.

Get rid of ALL the extremists like this and that gets rid of the problem to a greater extent.

11-14-2010 20:09 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Endonium

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Honestly, I find that poem simply appalling.

I can understand the anger towards people who, out of religious hate or extremism, try to disrupt the public peace and target national interests.

But as some already said in this thread, one bad apple doesn't mean the whole basket is rotten. All the Muslims I know are angry at extremists for giving their religion a bad name. And even though I'm pretty sure your poem will have zero impact since the chance of anyone from Islamic groups watching the BW forums is null, but it's that exact same kind of attitude that creates even more tensions between ethnic and religious groups.

Their attitude already creates a lot. Your attitude, similar to anyone who associates "towel heads" to the whole Middle East, doesn't help make it better.

People nowadays tend to think that their national interests are at risk because groups of other ethnicity or religion want to change the way things work or are becoming too dominant in their society. Well the fact of the matter is that we live in a world of globalisation, and the first step towards integration is to stop talking about integration.

How can someone be "integrated" in a society if he's constantly reminded that he's not from there, and that the way to being a part of it is paved with milestones that each represent another layer of differentiation ?

Sure, I also wouldn't be very happy if someone took a dump on the tombs of my country's veterans. But my country hasn't been the best example of a model of integration. I'm French, and France was at one time one of the greatest colonial empires on the planet. Well no wonder we made so many people angry. Great Britain is exactly the same, and they continue to further that impression by siding with the most colonial force of the new age, the US, in their conflicts abroad.
Why would Muslims respect UK soldiers if UK soldiers can't respect Muslims ? Why would French ex-colonies respect the French government when our government never respected their right to freedom ?

What goes around comes around. Simple and easy.

11-14-2010 20:11 Endonium is offline Search for Posts by Endonium Add Endonium to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Also, i just noticed you posted a link to the story.

From the sun.

That says it all.

11-14-2010 20:16 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal
I have a rather radical idea here ... bring back proper exile and deportation procedures, then treat things on a situation by situation basis.

If someone comes out with a placard saying 'our dead are in paradise, your dead are in hell' or any similar comment that would have been considered treasonous before the treason laws were conveniently disposed of then they're automatically saying that they are not British in any way shape or form. Deport them to their country of birth, if that country of birth happens to fall within the UK, then strip them of the British citizenship they so despise and exile them outside British borders. And that applies to people of ANY race, religion, colour, creed, gender or even underwear size.

Get rid of ALL the extremists like this and that gets rid of the problem to a greater extent.

So silence all dissent? Who judges what is extreme?

Sounds like the first steps of fascism
11-14-2010 20:16 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

--- the BNP we wouldnt have these problems if the --- in power legalised cannabbis

Censored

+1

quote:
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-14-2010 20:19 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

That depends on your definition of dissent ... my way of seeing that is that dissent of the form we've been seeing from some extremist groups crosses the line into treachery and treason ... but thanks to various factors we no longer have a law to protect against that. Protest is part of the backbone of democracy, but there is a point where it turns into more than just protest and should then be dealt with in a stronger manner.

The BNP don't exist in the form that they should, they are a poor disguise for the old National Front, another group of extremists that by their actions should have been ejected.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 11-14-2010 20:23.

11-14-2010 20:22 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
That depends on your definition of dissent ... my way of seeing that is that dissent of the form we've been seeing from some extremist groups crosses the line into treachery and treason ... but thanks to various factors we no longer have a law to protect against that. Protest is part of the backbone of democracy, but there is a point where it turns into more than just protest and should then be dealt with in a stronger manner.

Who decides where that line is drawn?

quote:
If someone comes out with a placard saying 'our dead are in paradise, your dead are in hell' or any similar comment

So a placard is beyond protest?

Not a fan of Voltaire i take it?
11-14-2010 20:27 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

In which case I would respond with 'you must then be a fan of Crowley', because if you are proposing that there should be no lines in protest, then we may as well subscribe to the philosophy of 'Do as you will be the whole of the law'.

Voltaire was a genius, but his words have to be tempered with some form of common sense in a given situation.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 11-14-2010 20:33.

11-14-2010 20:32 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
In which case I would respond with 'you must then be a fan of Crowley', because if you are proposing that there should be no lines in protest, then we may as well subscribe to the philosophy of 'Do as you will be the whole of the law'.

I was merely making the outrageous suggestion that a placard might be a legitimate form of protest.
11-14-2010 20:34 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Words can be far more devastating weapons than any other, so although an innocent placard may indeed be a legitimate form of protest, and in a great majority of cases is, the words that are written upon that placard must be looked at in terms of inciting violence, hatred and any other factor which would quite possibly lead to illegal acts (incitement is or should be just as much of a crime, if not moreso, than the crimes it promotes).

11-14-2010 20:38 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Endonium

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

quote:
Words can be far more devastating weapons than any other, so although an innocent placard may indeed be a legitimate form of protest, and in a great majority of cases is, the words that are written upon that placard must be looked at in terms of inciting violence, hatred and any other factor which would quite possibly lead to illegal acts (incitement is or should be just as much of a crime, if not moreso, than the crimes it promotes).

I agree on this, but when the UK allies itself with a country that allows congregations to burn qur'ans or allows its army to invade countries on the basis of national security on the other side of the world, well it better be ready for various storms coming its way.
If some are allowed to speak their minds in terms of politics or religion, why would others have to keep their mouth shut based on the fact that it's not their "home" ?

Religion has no home, neither do thoughts and beliefs. At least that's what humanity is supposed to be about.

11-14-2010 20:48 Endonium is offline Search for Posts by Endonium Add Endonium to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:

And as far as i am aware, there are existing laws to safeguard against that happening.

Saying 'burn in hell' or any variation doesn't seem that bad to me, possibly because i'm an athiest, so imaginary land isn't that threatening for me.
11-14-2010 20:50 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Atheism is as valid as any other belief, but last time I looked England was an Anglican country, and that changes the playing field.

I personally live in a majority muslim area, and have no problems with the people round here, in fact I have a lot of Asian friends of multiple faiths ... they are friendly, personable, and perfectly willing to be part of a mixed community. And the fact that I am agnostic doesn't factor into their opinions either.

Endonium, I condone neither side of extremism, and whether it is an arab, white, martian or deep sea diver, if they come out with the same sort of ---, then they should be treated the same way. And as to allying with the US in certain wars, that was a governmental decision, so why would the extremists pick the public to pay for that? Because it is designed to scare the government, in fact it is designed to strike terror into the heart of the country ... ergo terrorism and terrorists.

Censored

+1

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 11-14-2010 21:12.

11-14-2010 21:02 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

ok firstly :

i like a good debate but if this one turns racist i will close it straight away.

next : my opinion.

im all for freedom of speech and expression. but there has to be a line. i believe that the few who did decide to burn poppies are stupid, because in BUYING them in the first place, they are supporting the very reason we have rememberance sunday for because of where the proceeds go. they may as well have burned their own money.

those who stand and display signs and shout abuse when our soldiers are coming back in their eternal slumber, that is just sick. respect the dead. if you have something to say, say it in an environment where it will be accepted or met with reasonable debate. not on a street full of british people who are mourning their dead family/friends/soldiers. how can you expect to be met with anything but anger in that environment.

islam is a religion of peace. so those who are violent in the name of islam obviously dont know their own religion too well.

11-14-2010 21:12 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
those who stand and display signs and shout abuse when our soldiers are coming back in their eternal slumber, that is just sick. respect the dead. if you have something to say, say it in an environment where it will be accepted or met with reasonable debate. not on a street full of british people who are mourning their dead family/friends/soldiers. how can you expect to be met with anything but anger in that environment.

That was my exact intention in my post reply to OTNC, im not a racist man, but its absolutely disgusting what theyve done
11-14-2010 21:15 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
deadpool923

Registration Date: 09-27-2008

quote:
quote:

That was my exact intention in my post reply to OTNC, im not a racist man, but its absolutely disgusting what theyve done

What who have done? And it does sound like a man who has burning issues inside?
11-14-2010 21:45 deadpool923 is offline Search for Posts by deadpool923 Add deadpool923 to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

Registration Date: 07-04-2010

RE: A little poem for the Muslims who wanted to ruin this year's Armistice Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
Content removed

+1

afghanastan has never been occupied by another countries forces in its history, we have, still think we're favourites in this one? \O_o/

also how dare these people burn some poppies herp derp!!

how dare they not be sad that the soldiers responsible for bombing civillians and making execution videos of people of the same religion as they are have died..... hurrrrrr

i'm sure the soldiers showed the people of wherever they're invading great respect when they carpet bomb them or when they administer beatings/executions for fun, what real classy and respectful guys they sure are!

please do not bring this or any other fearmongering waste of time article (from the oh so reputable sun newspaper) that you happen to come across to anyone else's attention ever again. There is enough of this --- in the media as it is, we don't need --- who've been spoon fed this --- trying to cram it down the enlightened folks who see the bigger pictures throats.

---

Censored

+1

11-14-2010 23:18 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I see that you're not one of those people who 'see the bigger picture' ... People are entitled to their opinions, and the adults in here will bring them to the table in mature and open debate, as we have been doing up til now.

If you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion junior, then go to bed while mom and dad talk.

11-14-2010 23:23 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
---

I reported this thread long before this post, but thats ridiculous!!!
Close this thread its an embarassment to the board!

11-14-2010 23:26 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

This went way over the board.

Waaaaaaaaambulance, warning for swearing and offensive comments.
Gendibal, warning for swearing. The word you used wasn't very nice in that context.
Paranoia, warning for swearing and spam. What do drugs have to do with the discussion?
Unholy Emperor, warning for offence. It's not polite to start such discussions. It was meant to be a flame war from the beginning... Plus, that's not a solution at all.

You've all disappointed me with this discussion...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

11-15-2010 00:56 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » A little poem for the Muslims who wanted to ruin this year's Armistice

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH