Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » A couple of points requiring answers (UW) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page A couple of points requiring answers (UW) 8 Votes - Average Rating: 6.758 Votes - Average Rating: 6.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

A couple of points requiring answers (UW) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Before I start on my latest inquisition of the devs (the first one for quite a while) I'd like to add a few of the unanswered (at least not answered in any substantial way) postings from way back when ... in some cases from excellent players who are now absent from the game. The reason I want to do this as an opener to this thread is to remind people about how little things have changed in the last 3 years.

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperborean 21/5/2007
The expeditions are fine, don't get me wrong. They allow vamps to concentrate on sth else than just clan wars. But the professional dragonslayers are now moving to invincibility at warp speed. The now-weaker bloodsuckers shall not be able to equal them ever. Have you been thinking on this, or you don't consider this a problem, Game Masters?

quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal 24/5/2007
The number of players that realise this is likely to rise, and although some will stay and try to p*** against the wind, others will leave, and you'll be left with an ever decreasing player base, eventually having the 'same old names' in the top 50 - 100. The gap will continue increasing between the top positions and the lowers because of the unchecked powergaming, not quaility of players.

quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal 11/10/2007
Let me give you an inkling of what will happen if this goes unchecked (and this has been proven over and over again in other games of the same type and calibre) ....... and I'll put it in a point by point format as all other attempts to get this across have been completely ignored.

1: Small number of players grab power and are allowed to run roughshod over the rest of the playerbase (commonly called powergaming). <This part is in progress already>

2: Admins don't catch and resolve the situation in time. <the clock is ticking on this one>

3: Smaller players start leaving, then the mid sized players.

4: Word gets around that the game is NOT beginner/new starter friendly, and trust me ..... put downs have a lot more speed behind them than praise

5: The supply of new starters reduces to a trickle

6: The game goes down to the point where its the same playerbase carrying on that were the root of the problem in the first place

7: With no new players, the regulars start drifting off

8: Voila - Rename of the game from Blood Wars to Ghost Town

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis. 4/3/2008
Well, I must agree with Gendibal in everything. I am really getting pissed off by devs not answering to our complains/suggestions/concerns. I know there are just two of them. Konrad and SushiMaker, one programmer second one ideas and game system creator. I know they are busy and therefore they have their representatives on French and UK server, but the lack of answers from them is simply not acceptable and even if they reply they gave very vague and general answers. Oh, but don't forget they still managed to make around 10 000 posts together on Polish board, even they are busy as hell.

quote:
Originally posted by Kavalor. 4/3/2008
1. For every successful business - the basic rule of handling customer complaints.
LISTEN to them . React to them . Even if it is not always a positive answer .
Ignoring is NOT an Option. Why?
Because a customer who complains is still interested in the product - you have a chance to keep
him.
Someone who has no interest anymore is just going (as have estimated (by me)17000 of the
18500 Players in Underworld) This number should tell th programmers at least something and
nothing good.

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir. 10/3/2008
Now i know the situation is nowhere near being resolved and it will take months before balance is restored (if it ever will be) but i think everyone whos been posting for months on these boards deserves to pat themselves on the back.

In this thread alone, Szeszej has replied 6 times.

Was it not only a few weeks ago we might have been graced with a one-line reply from admin perhaps every few days?

Now, the current crusade, as it has been many times in the past is about the imbalance in the game, the very same imbalances that have dropped the active population of the server down from well over a thousand to an estimated 600-700 in around 18 months.

1: Act 1/Act 2 interaction.

When Act 2 was brought in, it would have been the perfect time to solve the balance problems that were affecting the server at the time (and have actually increased to unbelievable levels now). As act 2 was billed as being set years on in the storyline, and boasted much improved drops and exp opportunities, then should this not have been moved into a fresh city, removing the act 2 players from the 'past' time of act 1?

This would have given new players something to strive for, as the top players they would see would have been within their range as far as catching them up went, and would have probabally curbed the problem of the numbers of players leaving exceeding that of the new players coming in.

Of course the devs and op will say that this wasn't viable because of the low volume of players in R1EN, but it in itself would have encouraged newly signing players to play more and for longer. It would have also given them z3/z2/z1 squares to aspire to, rather than just having them fall into the hands of the same old players since almost time immemorial.

The reason I bring this up now is that with the impending Act 3 patch on the horizon it gives a fresh chance to address the problem anew, and I would urge the dev team to look at this idea carefully, and consider implementing it as a way of at least partially levelling off the playing field again.

2: Game balance and new players.

To look at the rankings board is a rather intimidating experience as a new player (thats one of the reasons I started from scratch again instead of taking my old account back), and I can see why a lot of them never log in again after their first time, or even up to a week. What is being done about this? Is the loss of possible new paying players even seen as a problem by the devs?

It would be nice to get some answers on these points, as that is a commodity that seems to have dried up over the last few years.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 11-19-2010 13:53.

11-10-2010 16:27 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

Registration Date: 07-04-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

posting in an epic thread

ps. i agree entirely

11-10-2010 16:37 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The disappearance of SushiMaker and Konrad is quite concerning. C47 has popped up once or twice but that is by no means enough. I agree entirely with this thread and we need some answers for once. What is being done/aimed for to right the wrongs and make the game a more friendly environment for newbies? Without a steady influx of beginners, the population will never increase and no more realms...

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

11-10-2010 16:41 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Okay here goes, im going to reply systematically to your, and other peoples points.

- I understand but dont fully agree with the warpspeed point. Yes some players are fantastic in expos and continue to do well. But if you extrapolate progress from level one, you can see that over time some players will head towards the area where players can ALSO start to go warpspeed in terms of progress.

Now, these new players will have different races, tattoos, items, builds etc. They may indeed find better ways of progressing, and may overtake the current leaders. EXAMPLE: As i was progressing, cesarz was always top of the rankings. This will have changed from time to time, but he was on top for the majority if i remember correctly.

So yes, i see there is an accelleration of point gathering at high levels, but this certainly does not make these players uncatchable by other determined players.

- Low level players leaving? This is just a general occurance around the 1-10 point level, the game is...e here for, to filter through the Karp and report any genuine great ideas to the devs, that they should ponder on as to whether to include in future development or not.

- I HAVE SEEN NO GENUINE EVIDENCE FOR ACT 3 ACTUALLY BEING DEVELOPED, it is only opinion, speculation etc that has been presented. But please please feel free to point me in the direction of where i can find such evidence.

- The final point: At lower levels, i loved ranking watching! Fantastic thinking, tomorrow i want to be at the top of this page, or i am aiming to get up to point X, or just, Fantastic, i have reached this small milestone! In this realm it takes no time whatsoever to get to the top 500. I find your point invalid, but i suppose it is different from player to player.

Nice to see you digging up some old gems. Above is my opinion, agreeing in points but sadly also disagreeing.

Anyway theres my 2 cents. I await other answers. Sorry for the essay, but i suppose it matches yours Tongue

C.

11-10-2010 16:58 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gendibal

Not even close to matching it OTNC ... B-, must try harder Wink lol

Good to see you still around my old friend Smile

Just one thing to bring up there ... going from new signing, there is absolutely no way to get into the top 100 without the server going on for at least another 10 years (or a mass exodus) ... and when you consider that to get from #10 to #1 would involve an increase of approximately 150% of the current points of #10 (a hell of a lot when you're looking at 1000's of points), even that looks extremely doubtful.

When I was here originally Zauborin always had the top slot, but it was usually a few points between him and #2, certainly nowhere near 10%. The gaps have widened and the top slots will stagnate as they widen further (which will happen) ... how long HAS it been since Blod didn't hold the top slot?

11-10-2010 17:12 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
DraGan

Registration Date: 11-02-2009
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal
Not even close to matching it OTNC ... B-, must try harder Wink lol

Good to see you still around my old friend Smile

Just one thing to bring up there ... going from new signing, there is absolutely no way to get into the top 100 without the server going on for at least another 10 years (or a mass exodus) ... and when you consider that to get from #10 to #1 would involve an increase of approximately 150% of the current points of #10 (a hell of a lot when you're looking at 1000's of points), even that looks extremely doubtful.

When I was here originally Zauborin always had the top slot, but it was usually a few points between him and #2, certainly nowhere near 10%. The gaps have widened and the top slots will stagnate as they widen further (which will happen) ... how long HAS it been since Blod didn't hold the top slot?

Just one thing to say about getting into the top 100.

Date of entry 2009-08-28 23:40:08
Last logged 2010-11-10 07:47:49

That is me and i'm ranked #71. I got in top 100 in about 9-10 months, I don't really keep track of that, i'm just saying it can be done.

11-10-2010 19:09 DraGan is offline Search for Posts by DraGan Add DraGan to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

One thing I will ask on that DraGan (and this isn't disrespecting your achievement) ... how many players above you disappeared in that time? And we are also now looking at 14-15 months down the line from there, how much further has the top 100 progressed from when you started?

Players starting now have far less to aim for because everything is being taken out of their range.

11-10-2010 19:29 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
One thing I will ask on that DraGan (and this isn't disrespecting your achievement) ... how many players above you disappeared in that time? And we are also now looking at 14-15 months down the line from there, how much further has the top 100 progressed from when you started?

Players starting now have far less to aim for because everything is being taken out of their range.

10 or less.

I am also rank 174, and have been playing for a similar time on this character.

Try not to exagerate too much Smile

Nice to see you still kicking around too Smile

11-10-2010 20:05 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Cheers Smile hows things going for you these days O? Smile

I wouldn't say, looking at the gaps between players, that I was exaggerating now any more or less than I was back when I was in my prime Smile

11-10-2010 20:12 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
DraGan

Registration Date: 11-02-2009

quote:

Not entirely sure how many of them are gone and don't get me wrong i was not arguing with you. I completely agree with your first post. The server is quite dead comparing to polish servers.

Also i'm not entirely sure, but i think Bloodsugare was around 4-5000 points when i first started playing and now he has around 10200. Some players in top 100 progress alot slower ofcourse.

11-10-2010 20:17 DraGan is offline Search for Posts by DraGan Add DraGan to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I'm not slating you with my posts DraGan, just trying to make a point to the powers that be that the EN server will die at some point unless they take action to attract new players ... after all, which server will most players gravitate to if there is no server in their own language?

As an illustration I'll use the approximate figures you have provided ... over 14 months you have advanced 2000 points (approx) while the #1 player has advanced 5000 points ... do you still think, by using the same progression statistics, that you could ever reach the #1 position or anywhere near it?

11-10-2010 20:24 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
I'm not slating you with my posts DraGan, just trying to make a point to the powers that be that the EN server will die at some point unless they take action to attract new players ... after all, which server will most players gravitate to if there is no server in their own language?

As an illustration I'll use the approximate figures you have provided ... over 14 months you have advanced 2000 points (approx) while the #1 player has advanced 5000 points ... do you still think, by using the same progression statistics, that you could ever reach the #1 position or anywhere near it?

In the same time span again he could progress 4000.

And after that, could find a progression rate that surpasses Blods, and finds a way to increase 5-10,000 in the same time span again. This was my previous point.

11-10-2010 20:54 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

The more likely outcome on that one would be that if he finds a way to progress 4000 over the next 14 months, blod will more than likely progress 8000 - 10000, as points are easier to come by the higher up you get (or at least seem to be)

In the main, gaps between players have opened up quite dramatically in the last 18 months and I can't see that decelerating at any rate at all in the future.

11-10-2010 20:59 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Hmmm, I agree with some of your points Gendi, but regarding the argument about progression rate, you have to factor in the two major factors: premium / activity.

First: Most players in the top 50 probably have premium; I think that is a sensible assumption - but it is still only an assumption. And when considering players further down the lists I would not like to hazzard a guess at how many do have prem or not.
And I think we can all agree that not having prem makes serious dent on how quickly you level - no matter what level you are at.

Second: Activity is completely relative to the individual player. There is no way you, or anyone else, can extrapolate statistics with that kind of variable in the mix. Blod may take a month off, may find he can't be arsed to quest, or expo, or attack for a few weeks. Or alternatively Vlade, Nndung, or Mortis might suddenly decide to farm mobs like crazy, or have a run of luck on pilgrimages, etc, and suddenly jump up the points.

I understand that you are just trying to make a point; but I think the argument is flawed, and if you want the devs to pay attention to your whole point about more game balance, then you need to stick to the facts.

I think most people who play on this server would like to see the playerbase increase to the sort of levels that it has on Poland, or France, but I suspect it is not the game that is wholly at fault.
In fact, when you consider that both Polish & French servers are booming, it would kind of suggest that the game is not at fault at all. But the fault lies with the UK's attitude to the game.

I have played this game for 3 years, and I have played & still play on a couple of other servers as well as this one. And I have noticed that the level of dissapointment, disinterest, and "bored attitude" within the game on this server is much higher than on the others, even on servers that are just as old as this one is.

When you consider this, I can't help but come to the conclusion that it is the mind-set of the player-base that is at fault, rather than the game itself. Frown

Just some thoughts; by all means carry on with your arguing. Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
11-12-2010 14:03 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Very well thought out and interesting argument Cthulhu.

How can we attract a larger playerbase?

11-12-2010 14:08 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Deggial2

Registration Date: 10-06-2010

I think the main reason why there is such a small player base for UK server is because there are not many Americans playing on it. UK population of gamers is very small compared to other countries.

11-12-2010 14:58 Deggial2 is offline Search for Posts by Deggial2 Add Deggial2 to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

quote:
Originally posted by Deggial2
UK population of gamers is very small compared to other countries.

this one need citation.

npc son's name : cpu

11-12-2010 15:19 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
Originally posted by npc
quote:
Originally posted by Deggial2
UK population of gamers is very small compared to other countries.

this one need citation.

With respect to blood wars, this is undeniable.

We have maybe 4000 active on this server. this is very conservative, it is probably closer to 600.

Alot less than 4000 on r2, but the amount of total active players is raised by the number of polish and other nationality players.

In france, they have 5 realms, poland loads, that speaks for itself about the base of players.

To have 2 realms here that are relatively empty suggests our realm is an outlier compared to the other countries.

Why is this?

France is only a jump across the lake from here...

11-12-2010 18:31 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Now, I'm going to take each post since my last in individual sections:

Cthulhu:

You are correct, we cannot extrapolate the premium/activity question without the input of the devs and op, therefore we must consider every player to be equal for the purposes of any argument involving those factors ... and we also cannot assume factors of certain players taking breaks, or certain players mob farming if we are going to stick to facts.

The fact on progression is that players on higher mobs can farm up to 10x the points (in 2 days) than players struggling on lower ones ... and that is just what I have seen from posted expos. Surely it can be seen that this is going to widen the gaps, as by the time the lower players are farming the exp of the higher ones they are already behind by 'x' time. Consider it to be 2 identical cars with an acceleration of 0-60 in 5 seconds ... if started from an even footing both cars will reach the same point in the same time, but if you give one of those cars a rolling start, it will pull away by far more than it's acceleration factor would suggest (i.e. the gap will open up).

Deggial:

At one point there were quite a few US players on Underworld (I invited a few of them in myself) but they seem to be missing nowadays, why would that be?

OTNC:

"To have 2 realms here that are relatively empty suggests our realm is an outlier compared to the other countries.

Why is this?"

Yes indeed, Why is this? As this server seems to have the highest quit rate for one reason or another, and the lowest join rate, it may be advantageous to dissect the situation and find the reasons why this is the case. What I would suggest is looking back through the forums to the source of the problem ... 2007 - 2008, and read some of the threads. But rather than just skim through as most people do, read below the surface and see just what level of dissent was running at the time. Also read ... and I mean really read ... the replies received from the devs at that time, and you may have part of your answer.

Remember that bad reviews travel far faster than good ones, and are usually far more memorable ... and then think about the bits of your answer that are missing.

When you have got your head around that, think about the solutions that have been proposed between then and now, and you'll see a lot of sense in them ... yet they have been cast aside ... why?

11-13-2010 00:47 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

Just a nice info about blodsugare's progressing concept ...
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=be5665e6d0

And basically a premium is not needed (I haven't had one in about 1 year except for 3 days when roh sponsored me one) as the main source of XP are expos and you can do the same amount without premium ...

However, I have to agree with Cthulhu: not enough active players on the server are not due to a bad game, simply to not enough interest from the players ....

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
11-13-2010 19:32 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by DarkOne
However, I have to agree with Cthulhu: not enough active players on the server are not due to a bad game, simply to not enough interest from the players ....

And I agree with you completely, but the big question is WHY is there very little interest from the players?

Is it the players outlook? I would say not, as very similar games to this have been far more successful with an international playerbase because the players are quite happy to recommend the game to others. As we are talking about international online gamers, then what makes them happy to recommend and continue playing one game, while not being willing to do it for another?

I say that rather than the players being the variable in that equation, it is the game itself.

Thanks for the sphinx posting tho ... great expo, but a perfect illustration of exactly why the gaps between players will spiral even further and further out of control

11-13-2010 22:01 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

This was brought to my attention also..

http://forum.bloodwars.interia.pl/thread.php?threadid=899993

Funny how the devs will answer on the Polish Forums straight away, yet we could wait weeks for a reply...

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
11-13-2010 23:36 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Gendibal
Viking

The devs cannot be blamed for that ... they assign an op to each server to keep them appraised of things like this.

11-13-2010 23:39 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

bloodwars (dev/admin) need more manpower ?
4 forum and thousand idea seem hard.

open recruitment for programmer ? Tongue
pm me for my cv.

11-13-2010 23:45 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Gendibal
Viking

Something similar, but a little more extreme was suggested a few years ago.

quote:
Here's an idea for you ....... Each server should be an individual entity with its own specific support framework, which at the moment isn't being achieved. The team appear unable or unwilling to provide the support on that basis, so why not farm the international servers out to other programmers who are willing and able to provide the required level of support.

Turn Bloodwars into a copyrighted franchise, freeze all patches until you can train others to work with your coding.

Surely it must say something that this thread reached 3 pages well within 4 hours, most of the posts herein showing dissatisfaction with the way Underworld is being developed.

All I'll say as to the result of that is, as usual, it wasn't even considered to be a viable option in any way shape or form, regardless of the benefits it would have brought to the game.

11-14-2010 01:04 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

It was nice of Szeszej to reply to all the Game System threads warranting answers and attention [/sarc] ... of course apart from the one thread out of the three that couldn't be slapped sown with a simple negative post.

11-17-2010 16:21 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

On Szeszejs resquest I have read this topic:

1. Devs
We are present only in Polish server, for the NATIONAL serwers OP is company comunity representative.
If You dont beleve => in France Konrad has 10 posts and I have 5.

Most active OP on France: Corosie: 1054 posts
Szeszej on UK 1112 posts

This way it works and this is the only way to make things work.
We, devs, have to keep things rolling not read foreign language topics.

I believe I have explained this at least few times on this forum, could You please, explain me why only UK gamers dont understand it?
Why UK gamers undermine OP authority?

2. Game balance/PoP.
Have You noticed how many PoP You need to advance from lev 70 to 71 or from 90 to 91?
The term Points is just, an empty simplification and does not reflect how hard it is to level or build character at high levs.
Most PL and FR players complain about dificulity to build up characters at high levs.
It can take more than 1 month to make 1 level.
It can take to kill more than 10-20 expedition mobs to rise SINGLE stat by 1 point.
That is the main reason why high lev gamers get bored and quit at certain point.
What problems do You have at levs 1-20? It takes like 2-3 weeks to make to l20 and it is efortless.

3. Being attacked by high lev players.
As we observe the game is fairly balanced. The attack cap makes good defence.

If You think that someone with 2-3 times more exp is much stronger than You then You are mistaken. They need innormous amounts of exp to rise 1 stat by 1 point.

Most of players advantage comes from high end items.
What problem do You have with fighting off high lev chars attacks?
Most of the time high-levs just dont attack low levs becouse there is no reason to do so, accept colecting resources and there are several ways to protect them.

4. Why English players complain all the time?
For long time I have believed that Poles complain a lot, but here I have observed that Englishmen have mastered it beiond my understanding.

We, devs, comunity, OPs, dont understand why do English people complain about something that works perfectly well for all other nations.
Please, explain us. Do You expect game NOT to be chalenging? Or do You expect it to play it all by it self like GoW2?
(personaly I have found GoW1 to be much to easy, when I heard that part2 is easier I have decided not to buy it).

5. Number or UK servers.
English speaking community is not interested in our game thus we dont open new serwer. It is simple economics. New serwers would not provide sufficient profit to compensate costs.

SushiMaker

Thank You.
11-18-2010 09:14 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

First of all, I'd like to thank you for responding to this post Sushi, hopefully we'll be able to put previous years aside (as far as comments from both sides) and start on a clean slate in trying to get this server back on track.

quote:
Originally posted by SushiMaker

1. Devs
We are present only in Polish server, for the NATIONAL serwers OP is company comunity representative.

Szeszej on UK 1112 posts

I believe I have explained this at least few times on this forum, could You please, explain me why only UK gamers dont understand it?

I don't dispute that fact, Sushi, in fact I posted exactly the same thig slightly further up in this very thread ... but as to why EN (Language not location) gamers undermine the ops authority, that is quite an easy one and can be explained in one simple word ... Communication. If Sz was as active in his replies as he used to be (or even half as active) then we would be able to have a lot more communication going on between the players and the devs ... something that has been declining for quite a while.

quote:
2. Game balance/PoP.
Have You noticed how many PoP You need to advance from lev 70 to 71 or from 90 to 91?
The term Points is just, an empty simplification and does not reflect how hard it is to level or build character at high levs.
Most PL and FR players complain about dificulity to build up characters at high levs.
It can take to kill more than 10-20 expedition mobs to rise SINGLE stat by 1 point.
That is the main reason why high lev gamers get bored and quit at certain point.
What problems do You have at levs 1-20? It takes like 2-3 weeks to make to l20 and it is efortless.

OK, I can accept that as an answer from a high level perspective (and I'll also ask you to please take into account that I was a high level player relative to when I first played at the time these points were first raised)

You're right that it takes 2-3 weeks (less if you're starting with prior knowledge of the game) to get to level 20, and as you say, the term points is a simplification ... but as the rankings board (the only real way that players have of measuring against others) is based on points, then I would argue that it is not empty. You say that high level gamers get bored and leave ... but you have missed the point that it is not the high level gamers that are going to keep the game alive in the long term, it needs to attract more players starting from the ground up, and to do that something needs to be done to make the game more newbie friendly ... showing the new players that they do have a chance of achieving something. It has been shown in this thread that 1 player can make 44 points in an expo (it doesn't matter how rarely, and yes it is an extreme example) ... but even at 10 points an expo, how will that look to a player at, say, 5 points who is getting 1 point per day? I would say it would look pretty intimidating, and would also make it seem as if the top players were progressing at an exponential rate, and therefore would be impossible to catch.

quote:
3. Being attacked by high lev players.
As we observe the game is fairly balanced. The attack cap makes good defence.

If You think that someone with 2-3 times more exp is much stronger than You then You are mistaken. They need innormous amounts of exp to rise 1 stat by 1 point.

Most of players advantage comes from high end items.
What problem do You have with fighting off high lev chars attacks?
Most of the time high-levs just dont attack low levs becouse there is no reason to do so, accept colecting resources and there are several ways to protect them.

I personally have no problems with attacks ... I do the same, attack higher for exp and lower for resources when needed, although I do think the quest drop tables should be rethought so that higher zones have less chance to drop pre/suff items to reflect the fact that the items themselves are more powerful.

quote:
For long time I have believed that Poles complain a lot, but here I have observed that Englishmen have mastered it beiond my understanding.

We, devs, comunity, OPs, dont understand why do English people complain about something that works perfectly well for all other nations.
Please, explain us. Do You expect game NOT to be chalenging? Or do You expect it to play it all by it self like GoW2?
(personaly I have found GoW1 to be much to easy, when I heard that part2 is easier I have decided not to buy it).

Maybe because we hold a different perspective and see things that other nationals do not, just as people on the PL servers no doubt see things that we don't ... it all comes back to communication, if there were more of it, and if (as was not the case previously) ideas were actually looked at and considered, and then accepted and rejected on their merits instead of being dismissed out of hand with little or no explanation, then there would more likely be less complaints.

I think, in conclusion, you'll find that we don't complain any more or less than players on the PL servers ... but our complaints are about things that you (as a pole ... no disrespect meant) cannot see as being wrong. And as our complaints go unresolved for far longer, it appears that we do.

quote:
5. Number or UK servers.
English speaking community is not interested in our game thus we dont open new serwer. It is simple economics. New serwers would not provide sufficient profit to compensate costs.

Now this brings me back to a point I've made a few times in this thread, WHY have the English speaking community lost interest in BW, WHY are players not inviting into the game ... and WHY are players dropping out at such a rate that it will make the server non-viable at some point in time?

Now it has been suggested that it's the players attitudes that are at fault, but when you consider the amount of nationalities that are present on the server, and the fact that it is not just one nationality dropping out, that would suggest there is a problem with the EN server, or the specific game on there (going back to the points about newbie friendliness and the appearance of relative progression on the rankings table)

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 11-18-2010 10:22.

11-18-2010 10:03 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
SwiftDeathIsComing
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-621.jpg

Registration Date: 11-11-2009
Clan: The Source

quote:

SushiMaker

Yes 2-3 weeks of utter bordemn? you need to give more help/make it easier at just those levels like if i hadn't got addicted to this game Tongue i wouldn't of made it to level 20, it's simply not fun to play at that level

also the main reason i hadn't started on other servers

quote:

5. Number or UK servers.

SushiMaker

To put it simply here.....you need to concerntrate on much better advertising i think that's one of the reasons where not getting a flood of people here, for one i don't think ANY of my friends had even heard of bloodwars before i told them, yet alone play the game

maybe get some more advertisments up etc?

*cough* Mr Snowman *cough* :L

Epic clan member of the week:
Kralen

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SwiftDeathIsComing: 11-18-2010 11:11.

11-18-2010 11:08 SwiftDeathIsComing is offline Search for Posts by SwiftDeathIsComing Add SwiftDeathIsComing to your Buddy List
Endonium

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

I'm just going to input my little 2 cents here.

Polish people, as most people from ex Soviet Union countries, even the newest generations, know that to get something good, to live well, you should work hard. That nothing is given, and everything is a challenge.
And I won't have anyone tell me this is wrong, simply because I actually live in an ex Soviet country, I have traveled a lot around Eastern Europe, my wife is Latvian, I have a lot of Polish friends, Czech, Belarussian, etc. And I know this to be true. People from these countries know that benefits come at the cost of serious sacrifice.

In France, in the UK, etc ... well I'm French so I should know about that. We're all whiny little freaks who complain constantly about the power in place and expect our governments to make things so easy for us that we should never have to work more than today. As a matter of fact most of the western countries expect their governments to give them more and more social programs, more and more freedom and liberties at the cost of absolutely nothing.

Well, this is an analogy, but this is what it is. And the fact is that even though it's not a good thing, companies operating in the western markets should know this and should adapt to the culture. I'm not saying I approve of that attitude, I'm just saying that westerners tend to want things to be more simple, not so hard and more easy of access. Sushi you should consider that, because customer mentality and perception is a very very important part of developing the right products for the right market.

Just something to think about.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Endonium: 11-18-2010 11:19.

11-18-2010 11:18 Endonium is offline Search for Posts by Endonium Add Endonium to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Sushimaker,

Of course english players love your game!

I think it is fantastic, ohh the hours i have spent here Smile

Its just, noone has heard of bloodwars!

The amount of times i have had to explain to friends what blood wars is, its crazy.

How do so many polish players know about it? I have seen some media pieces Majec Prasal has done in polish, it must help.

There are none in english, we need some way to advertise to let people know of the game! It will bring u enough players to open a new realm.

Also, please do not judge the English on one or two peoples posts.

Cheers, hope all is well.

C.

11-18-2010 12:30 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Endonium ... loved the analogy, and just going to take the last two paragraphs if you don't mind (hope it doesn't alter the context of the original post)

quote:
Originally posted by Endonium
In France, in the UK, etc ... well I'm French so I should know about that. We're all whiny little freaks who complain constantly about the power in place and expect our governments to make things so easy for us that we should never have to work more than today. As a matter of fact most of the western countries expect their governments to give them more and more social programs, more and more freedom and liberties at the cost of absolutely nothing.

Thats sort of true, but it's not a given within any specific country that the majority think that way ... it's usually the vocal minority that give that impression (mainly organisations such as Unions, human rights lobbies, and more recently the EU), but you are mainly correct in what you say ... because we've always been able to speak our minds, we tend not to stay quiet when there is cause to do so.

quote:
Well, this is an analogy, but this is what it is. And the fact is that even though it's not a good thing, companies operating in the western markets should know this and should adapt to the culture. I'm not saying I approve of that attitude, I'm just saying that westerners tend to want things to be more simple, not so hard and more easy of access. Sushi you should consider that, because customer mentality and perception is a very very important part of developing the right products for the right market.

Now this is a point that has been brought up many times, and has traditionally been met with the answers 'it works on the PL servers so it should work here' or 'there is no difference between PL players and EN players'. It was suggested a few years ago that the servers should be separate entities for this exact reason ... of course a product should be attuned to the market it is being aimed at, and that is what has not been done with the EN server.

OTNC, same thing, just going to take a couple of points out of your post.

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC

There are none in english, we need some way to advertise to let people know of the game! It will bring u enough players to open a new realm.

I agree, most of the English players I know (a lot of whom have left the game now unfortunately) loved the game too ... and this was at a time when most people were actively inviting players. There were banners designed for advertising (BloodWars userbars), and they did actually bring players in for a while.

Now the big question is, what went wrong?

Why are so many players now unwilling to invite friends, or to advertise the game on, for instance, Facebook and other social networking sites? or on other forums where advertising other games is allowed?

It is quite telling that another game (Forum rules, can't state the name, sorry) that started out small now boasts over a million players, and the only advertising that was done for them originally was player driven ... so why were players willing to advertise their game, but not this one?

As for judging the English, it would be better if we were each judged on our own merits, regardless of nationality ... but then again thats part of what this thread is about in the first place.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 11-18-2010 15:07.

11-18-2010 14:06 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

quote:
I'm just going to input my little 2 cents here.

Polish people, as most people from ex Soviet Union countries, even the newest generations, know that to get something good, to live well, you should work hard. That nothing is given, and everything is a challenge.
And I won't have anyone tell me this is wrong, simply because I actually live in an ex Soviet country, I have traveled a lot around Eastern Europe, my wife is Latvian, I have a lot of Polish friends, Czech, Belarussian, etc. And I know this to be true. People from these countries know that benefits come at the cost of serious sacrifice.

But why on French servers this problem is much smaller than on EN servers?
Both are "Western servers".

quote:
First of all, I'd like to thank you for responding to this post Sushi, hopefully we'll be able to put previous years aside (as far as comments from both sides) and start on a clean slate in trying to get this server back on track.

quote:

1. Devs

Szeszej on UK 1112 posts

I don't dispute that fact, Sushi, in fact I posted exactly the same thig slightly further up in this very thread ... but as to why EN (Language not location) gamers undermine the ops authority, that is quite an easy one and can be explained in one simple word ... Communication. If Sz was as active in his replies as he used to be (or even half as active) then we would be able to have a lot more communication going on between the players and the devs ... something that has been declining for quite a while.

quote:
2. Game balance/PoP.

OK, I can accept that as an answer from a high level perspective (and I'll also ask you to please take into account that I was a high level player relative to when I first played at the time these points were first raised)

You're right that it takes 2-3 weeks (less if you're starting with prior knowledge of the game) to get to level 20, and as you say, the term points is a simplification ... but as the rankings board (the only real way that players have of measuring against others) is based on points, then I would argue that it is not empty. You say that high level gamers get bored and leave ... but you have missed the point that it is not the high level gamers that are going to keep the game alive in the long term, it needs to attract more players starting from the ground up, and to do that something needs to be done to make the game more newbie friendly ... showing the new players that they do have a chance of achieving something. It has been shown in this thread that 1 player can make 44 points in an expo (it doesn't matter how rarely, and yes it is an extreme example) ... but even at 10 points an expo, how will that look to a player at, say, 5 points who is getting 1 point per day? I would say it would look pretty intimidating, and would also make it seem as if the top players were progressing at an exponential rate, and therefore would be impossible to catch.

quote:

Maybe because we hold a different perspective and see things that other nationals do not, just as people on the PL servers no doubt see things that we don't ... it all comes back to communication, if there were more of it, and if (as was not the case previously) ideas were actually looked at and considered, and then accepted and rejected on their merits instead of being dismissed out of hand with little or no explanation, then there would more likely be less complaints.

I think, in conclusion, you'll find that we don't complain any more or less than players on the PL servers ... but our complaints are about things that you (as a pole ... no disrespect meant) cannot see as being wrong. And as our complaints go unresolved for far longer, it appears that we do.

quote:
5. Number or UK servers.

Now this brings me back to a point I've made a few times in this thread, WHY have the English speaking community lost interest in BW, WHY are players not inviting into the game ... and WHY are players dropping out at such a rate that it will make the server non-viable at some point in time?

Now it has been suggested that it's the players attitudes that are at fault, but when you consider the amount of nationalities that are present on the server, and the fact that it is not just one nationality dropping out, that would suggest there is a problem with the EN server, or the specific game on there (going back to the points about newbie friendliness and the appearance of relative progression on the rankings table)

Thank You for understanding.
1. I shall have a talk with Szeszej about being more present and avilable for community.
2. Any suggestions how to improve the "feeling"?
4. You are probably right, the major complains are well described by Endonium post quoted above.
Yet we dont want to make a game for ... hmm, not inteligent Wink
Basic concept of this game was that it should be chalanging like games in "old times"
Of coures we can make it more newbie friendly, still I personaly feel that the game is utterly ridicolously easy at low levs and cant to think about anything that could make it easier.
Again any suggestions?
5. Still we have a steel mate here. I dont find the game to be "to difficult" at low levs.
Please, make some egzamples of problems You have there...

quote:
Originally posted by SwiftDeathIsComing
quote:

SushiMaker

Yes 2-3 weeks of utter bordemn? you need to give more help/make it easier at just those levels like if i hadn't got addicted to this game Tongue i wouldn't of made it to level 20, it's simply not fun to play at that level

also the main reason i hadn't started on other servers

quote:

5. Number or UK servers.

SushiMaker

To put it simply here.....you need to concerntrate on much better advertising i think that's one of the reasons where not getting a flood of people here, for one i don't think ANY of my friends had even heard of bloodwars before i told them, yet alone play the game

maybe get some more advertisments up etc?

Boredome? Still It made You stay, why it did and why you get bored?
Aint You borred in other browser games that have 2wice less options at start?

5. We did try this yet the effects were so bad that we dropped that idea.
Simple, costs of getting 1 player were substantialy higher than income such player could provide.

quote:
Sushimaker,

I think it is fantastic, ohh the hours i have spent here Smile

The amount of times i have had to explain to friends what blood wars is, its crazy.

How do so many polish players know about it? I have seen some media pieces Majec Prasal has done in polish, it must help.

Cheers, hope all is well.

C.

Then how we can MAKE them to hear about us?
During last 3 years we have made several different attempts and all were failures.

We (I in particular) have some observations but I would not dare to post them on forum as some could feel that they aint polite.

At the end sometimes I feel that EN gamers would like the game to have an "pay-for- all" option so they could "own" from the start. (same as in similar productions).
Would You like that?
W observe same change in attitude of youngsters on PL servers, atleast to a point.
Still the game on PL has substantial community that favours the way it is now. (not giving advantage to gamers that spent loads of cash).

quote:

quote:

Now this is a point that has been brought up many times, and has traditionally been met with the answers 'it works on the PL servers so it should work here' or 'there is no difference between PL players and EN players'. It was suggested a few years ago that the servers should be separate entities for this exact reason ... of course a product should be attuned to the market it is being aimed at, and that is what has not been done with the EN server.

OTNC, same thing, just going to take a couple of points out of your post.

quote:

I agree, most of the English players I know (a lot of whom have left the game now unfortunately) loved the game too ... and this was at a time when most people were actively inviting players. There were banners designed for advertising (BloodWars userbars), and they did actually bring players in for a while.

Now the big question is, what went wrong?

Why are so many players now unwilling to invite friends, or to advertise the game on, for instance, Facebook and other social networking sites? or on other forums where advertising other games is allowed?

It is quite telling that another game (Forum rules, can't state the name, sorry) that started out small now boasts over a million players, and the only advertising that was done for them originally was player driven ... so why were players willing to advertise their game, but not this one?

As for judging the English, it would be better if we were each judged on our own merits, regardless of nationality ... but then again thats part of what this thread is about in the first place.

1. I dont think we can develop completly different game "tuned-up" to each country.
Simple we dont have resources to do so.

Why You think it would work? Does Mcraft (I believe You talk about it) has such tuning?
WoW? Or any other "big" products.
The only tune-up that I have met in games is price and language localisation.

What tune-up do You have in mind?

2. Egzacly, what goes wrong?

Thank You.
11-19-2010 09:19 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I'll have a go at getting some ideas together ... bringing all the old ones up from the original threads about this would be counterproductive now in my opinion, as the time for those to be effective is long past.

As to a short term fix that may or may not work as far as keeping players in the game through appearances ... would it not be possible to have the rankings board display the player levels rather than the points (seeing a level 100 in first place would appear to be far more achievable than seeing 10000 points, especially when the lower level rate of progress is so fast in terms of levels) ... of course it would still have to be calculated using points, but the fact that the displayed stat is 100x lower would give the appearance of achievability.

The lower level problems link into this, as it is not a problem with the game per se, it is a problem with the presentation of how big players actually are (in my opinion).

Suggestions to improve the feeling ... you're doing it now, and it would not necessarily had to have been you directly, had we had the communcation between the players and devs through whatever medium, and if we had been listened to in a way that didn't appear to be dismissive, then the feeling would never have got this bad in the first place.

The basic concept of the game is fine, and it is not the difficulty at low levels that is an issue ... it all comes down to appearances again. The lower levels have no real motivation after getting to zone 4, as zone 3, 2, and certainly 1 are locked off from a huge proportion of the server population ... the only way I can see that would offer a partial solution to this is to open an act 3 ... and as it will be set in the storyline future, open it into a fresh clean city. This should have in my opinion been done with act 2 also ... it would have the effect of clearing out the stagnating upper zones and giving the lower levels something to aim for in the long term, and I would also say that it would probabally reboot interest in the game as far as players recommending it to their friends again.

The game I was talking about was (and I know I'm risking a warning, but leave the game name in here please mods, Sushi needs to see it to get a full picture of what I'm talking about) Runescape ... granted, because the game is graphical and not text based, Jagex didn't need to tweak the servers per country, but what they did was set up a central forum of players from a good proportion of the countries they served and listened to them on a problem by problem basis ... especially when they were running version Betas.

I'll have a think about tune ups, because there are only 2 that come to mind immediately, and both of those would be unacceptable ... as well as not actually being tune ups but actions.

1: server reset, everyone starts off from an even field ... would be very unpopular.
2: Franchise, see if an able party could take over the server in country ... would mean sharing server profits and trusting the game development to a third party ... not always a good thing.

Your answer to Endoniums post:

I hate to say it, but the Brits are a lot less laid back than the French ... in most cases if we see something we're not happy about we'll comment and complain about it. This has both advantages and drawbacks ... we usually get a decent product eventually because of this, but we're seen to be obsessive complainers ... which is true to a point, especially to someone who isn't used to it, usually from an outside perspective.

Your answer to OTNCs post:

I have to agree with you there, some players seem to want to be able to throw cash at a problem to make it go away, but thats not the way we all think ... I would prefer to have a game with the same features available to everyone, but of course that would give no incentive for buying premium ... so giving little advantages to those who do, as is the case at the moment is the best solution.

As for your observations, please post them ... after all we need to see the overall picture from both sides to see where we all stand, and where we are working from as a ground level. we're all big boys and girls on here, we can take the impolite as well as dishing it out Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 11-19-2010 10:24.

11-19-2010 10:18 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

quote:
2: Franchise, see if an able party could take over the server in country ... would mean sharing server profits and trusting the game development to a third party ... not always a good thing.

i think he already explain that only 2 dev and no more...
(they're the only one who know the hard code)

to be honest, i play on uk because i (im asian but not from tr) only understand english, if i understand polish, i would like to play polish server too. and i think english language are more globalize than polish...

but if this become Franchise, i'll first one buy (i dunno about cost Tongue ) and translate to my language Big Grin

11-19-2010 11:07 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Ok i think its time for me to pipe up....

I have played many online games .... alot of which were "Pay lots to be at the top"... in my honest opinion if BW turned into that i would cry and emoquit.

I saw the name "Runescape" come up... i played that for a while and though it way too easy.... "i want the best weapon...hmm ill go buy it from the millions on auction".. where is the achievement in that?

Im happily british... im a very big fan of long winder RPG type games "FF13, lost odyssey come to mind" , I dont mind playing a game for months to get the result i want....

I live in a house with a 12 year old who that if he cant have what he wants on a game NOW he wont play it. I think alot of the UK have the same mentality as him.

I understand you cant tailor make a game for each country and to be honest noone would expect you to.

When i started to play this game i found it VERY daunting... I needed a friend to explain almost every aspect of it to me in lamens terms. I found the game quite enjoyable whilst playing other games waiting for my quests to be done.

The one thing that does annoy me about this game , no matter how much i love it , is that once you have done your attacks and quests there is nothing left to do for little people.I can happily sit online and do nothing but browse the auctions and check out merge possibilities but lower people cant even see the auction.

Its been a very long time since i have started a low character but i can see how sticking with it is difficult.

I do like the idea of being able to change your race at a low level (up to 30 or similer) as your initial quest finds can impact the rest of your game.

Most british people want things handed to them on a plate and as such i think thats where this game fails.

Sushi ... you have already taken the first step to helping us make this a better place by replying after so long ....

Now can we please keep the communication between dev and player at a high Smile

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-19-2010 11:44 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

npc - I personally agree with you that, in the case of BW, franchise would not be a good thing ... but playing devils advocate it would have one primary advantage, and that is that the developers who took over a given server would have the time to concentrate on that specific playerbase to improve the server to their needs. But I can also think of many more reasons that would not be advantageous.

Paranoia - It was brought up as an example, not of how a game should be, because it has its own flaws ... but as an example of a player advertised game that is a roaring success mainly due to the players doing so.

With your comment on the mentality of most of the younger players in the UK, I also agree, but as Sushi says, he's also noticed the same attitudes developing among the younger players in the PL servers, so I would say that it's more a sign of the times than restricted to any specific nationality (although it does indeed seem more noticable here).

But if we can get some improvements into the game (ones to affect both gameplay and perception of the game) that are targetted towards the lower players, then we may be able to stop the rot, and even reverse the process. I'm not saying that every suggested idea should be implemented, but they should be at least looked at in a process which includes communication with players on all servers.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 11-19-2010 12:19.

11-19-2010 12:04 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Paranoia: The buying a weapon for millions in that game was illegal, forbidden by the games rules. However, many people ignored this and did it anyway. Much to my advantage, i actually made a lot of money [Great British Pounds] this way.

To stop it, they implemented an update, and as of about a year ago, [maybe even 2], it is impossible to do this, and it is now IMPOSSIBLE to push any scale at all.

I think that most of these games strive not to be a pay-to-own level. Like this game, many have payable levels where you do get extra features, but all people on this level have an equal opportunity.

I do not think this is unbalanced, and i feel that games should NEVER give the opportunity to pay GBP to be the best. However, seperating pay to play and free to play is completely different, like the premium here. It does not ruin the game.

Sushimaker, i have several points to make to you in reply to your and other peoples posts. However i am very busy today and may not get the chance to until tomorrow, or perhaps very late tonight. I may also send you a PM with some related comments. Also, thank you for your replies. It was a great surprise to see on this board, and hopefully good things will happen because of it.

But on the whole, the game is good, if not great as it is! I would look at these comments, as being made two years ago, as not wholely relevant to todays game, and bringing them up could have been slightly pointless by Gendibals point of view, especially after not playing for such a long time. However this point is up for contention, and I mean no disrespect at all to Gendibal.

11-19-2010 12:33 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

None taken ... I actually phrased it rather badly, Some of the points from back then will be just as relevant now ... but a lot of them will have passed their sell by date, as it were.

11-19-2010 12:37 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Okay, just bear in mind that Sushimaker and no doubt various users of the board are taking these points as majority opinion, and Sushi has himself said various things based on his view of British people as a whole, so i would try include a little more balance so the devs get relevant information, and the level of support that players have for your points.

Im not suggesting for a second that your points are false/invalid/unsupported, i feel you have touched a nerve of some players here as to words that have needed to be said, and i salute you for that.

I just think that 1 or 2 are put across as majority opinion where they might not be.

11-19-2010 12:49 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » A couple of points requiring answers (UW)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH