Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Clan Buildings! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Clan Buildings! 7 Votes - Average Rating: 7.007 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gat

images/avatars/avatar-696.gif

Registration Date: 11-23-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.S.

Clan Buildings! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here is a crazy idea! How about, to make things moving around again, to introduce to this game Clan Buildings?
And before some mod/admin/whatever starts saying "your idea is not complete" i ll say "its not my job to give you complete ideas! else, i would be paid to play this game"
Some buildings that i have in mind are:
Clan Treasury
Instead of having each clan's leader to point out someone to collect taxes, we could have a building to pay our share there. The Clan's Leader and Deputy, or even the whole clan, can have access to a log which will state who gave what when, and only the 2 of them can withdraw from that building.
Clan Workshop
I was thinking of introducing Siege Weaponry, in the matter of clan buff. by paying in pop/poh/ppl/lgo/blood/your first born, each member of the clan in the next siege will get a buff. there could be a various selection of buffs and you can only equip one. to balance it even more, for every buff, there could be a debuff, so you 'll have to choose wisely.
Clan Fortress
For each lvl added, you can invite additional members. ofc, the first 20 will be standard and free, and then as the lvl goes up, so does the cost.
Clan Trainer
or some other vampiric fancy name. for every lvl increased, each member of the clan will get +1% more xp in whatever they do. and ofc, to make matters worse, either there will be a cap at 15-20% or each lvl will be extra crispy..i mean pricey!
Clan Bar
Besides beverages only for those above 18/21 depending local laws, with some poh spent, you can get a personal buff for 24 hours. Something minor, but yet it will be something.
Clan Yard
Now, it cant be that hard to add to the game an irc way of talking to each other, without having to connect to somewhere else outside of the game, right?
Clan Ventures
Something like current Arena, only there, you ll get to fight random monsters! The more you kill, the harder they get, the more you add up to your reward. And before you start saying that this is impossible, lemme ask you this: IS there a chance, anyone would bother to add so many to a game with that history of new radical ideas introduced every...century?

btw, please, dont start trolling.

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

11-29-2010 23:36 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Endonium

Registration Date: 10-02-2010
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am so amazed at the clan siege weapon idea. To be honest this is really cool to think about. It would require a certain amount of junk, blood, people, etc and any clan member would be able to spend into it, every time the total amount would be updated and would grow until the weapon is ready to be deployed for a siege.

Anyway, those are pretty fun ideas. I honestly like all of them, EXCEPT the chat thing. This would most likely never happen because the load on the server would be simply way too much.

But the other ones are pretty nice.

Oh the last one I don't really understand it though.

11-30-2010 08:06 Endonium is offline Search for Posts by Endonium Add Endonium to your Buddy List
Gat

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gat
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The last one i took it partially from a task i once did, where i had to get randomly in a quest some monsters, and after i had killed them, i had to fight another one and then another one. And i was thinking, why not do the same as a clan? Like, certain level groups subscribe to "enter" a cave lets say, and if they manage to stay alive throughout the whole event of killing again and again monsters, they will all receive item plus xp. We all have thought how "unfair" it is not to get an item, or even xp, in an expo, even though u ve done most of the work.
and ofc, dont do it again every week, do it every day, or other day.
In that way, the problem with the lack of sieges for poh may be solved, as now poh will be needed most of the time and it wont be enough through other means, like ambushes and buildings.
As for the chat, yes, it may overload the server, however i play worse games than this, and still, they have a chat. But i m guessing, since there is a limit for the messages sent to clan and persons, this will never happen. (not that the rest will do...)

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

11-30-2010 10:06 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

what happen if clan disband (usually because of leader inactivity) ?
its would be waste resources...

would better this thread move to game system as an idea ?

quote:
Originally posted by Gat
however i play worse games than this, and still, they have a chat.

that mean, worse game is have a chat system.

for me, more chat, need more manpower to maintain, irc is enough for me.

npc son's name : cpu

11-30-2010 11:31 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Mikel
godMODe !

images/avatars/avatar-1061.gif

Registration Date: 05-18-2009
Clan: D.B.

Things that will never be added/changed

- Clan buildings.

11-30-2010 12:30 Mikel is offline Search for Posts by Mikel Add Mikel to your Buddy List
Gat

ok then, not clan buildings as they are not allowed, due to the fact that some1 has actually to do some work
how about all these building then are available only to the clan leader and the deputy?
i mean, come on now!
you try to have a nice unique idea, but the L.P.Chair of Laziness won't let you think outside the box!
soon, breathing will be forbidden outside specific zones Tongue
Btw, yeah, i know, i ll get a warning...

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

11-30-2010 13:22 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
thunder123

images/avatars/avatar-688.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-27-2010
Clan: [Gangrel]

quote:
Originally posted by npc
what happen if clan disband (usually because of leader inactivity) ?
its would be waste resources...

the resourses could be automaticely given back to each player.

quote:
Originally posted by Gat
ok then, not clan buildings as they are not allowed, due to the fact that some1 has actually to do some work
how about all these building then are available only to the clan leader and the deputy?
i mean, come on now!
you try to have a nice unique idea, but the L.P.Chair of Laziness won't let you think outside the box!
soon, breathing will be forbidden outside specific zones Tongue
Btw, yeah, i know, i ll get a warning...

then what will happen when a clan leader is under siege by a non clan leader and gets taken over?

11-30-2010 13:54 thunder123 is offline Search for Posts by thunder123 Add thunder123 to your Buddy List
Gat

quote:
then what will happen when a clan leader is under siege by a non clan leader and gets taken over?

for that reason, the leader and the deputy will have access to the buildings through the clan's page. they won't be tied to their square, but to a virtual clan square Smile

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

11-30-2010 20:56 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

The only two ideas here that would not realistically have to be introduced as clan buildings (which have been stated since almost server start as a big no go) are the siege engines and the mini arena.

Siege engines were suggested a few years back as part of a clan system shake up (designed to limit clan power and prevent one or two clans from holding a good percentage of the server power) but were rejected even then, along with the whole clan capping idea ... and the siege system was stated as being akin to gang fights rather than a real siege (which is also the reason there are no building effects added in siege defence).

The mini arena idea would have to be refined quite a bit before it can really be presented as an idea, because dependant on the rewards etc, it would more than likely be one that would be of the most benefit to the larger players ... there would need to be checks and balances added to ensure that the benefits to small and medium players matched those of theor larger counterparts.

12-01-2010 08:32 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
thunder123

quote:
Originally posted by Gat
quote:

for that reason, the leader and the deputy will have access to the buildings through the clan's page. they won't be tied to their square, but to a virtual clan square Smile

then the whole clan should be investing in the building for being build and the costs should be extremely high to make it a chalenge

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by thunder123: 12-01-2010 09:57.

12-01-2010 09:55 thunder123 is offline Search for Posts by thunder123 Add thunder123 to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I tell you what I hate most about this game.. The people. No offensive to anybody who's posted here at all as there are ideas floating around.

It annoys me that people complain for change. Yet when there are real ideas aroun nobody cares?

Some of these ideas are good and need atleast a thought. Not just an instant dismissal

I like clan buildings muchly
12-01-2010 10:25 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
I tell you what I hate most about this game.. The people. No offensive to anybody who's posted here at all as there are ideas floating around.

It annoys me that people complain for change. Yet when there are real ideas aroun nobody cares?

Some of these ideas are good and need atleast a thought. Not just an instant dismissal

I like clan buildings muchly

I agree with you on clan buildings Flash, they would be as good an idea now as they would have been on all the times in the past that they have been suggested ... but it has been made quite clear on every occasion that it is one of the ideas that will never be considered.

12-01-2010 10:29 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Creed
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 02-24-2009
Clan: BoS

Have to agree with Gendi on this one, although I like the idea and feel it has some potential as we have seen in other online games it is quite clearly put as something that will never be introduced.. use the big red search button and look for when this has been suggested in the past.. Smile

I will check all messages and reply within 24 hours.

12-01-2010 10:52 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
thunder123

quote:
Originally posted by Creed
Have to agree with Gendi on this one, although I like the idea and feel it has some potential as we have seen in other online games it is quite clearly put as something that will never be introduced.. use the big red search button and look for when this has been suggested in the past.. Smile

it has been alot of times suggested and rejected in the past but if people keep coming back on it even though its listed as will never happen and there are still positive replies on it then i think there are alot of people who would like to see this coming

if not then there woudn't be so much topics on it

12-01-2010 11:15 thunder123 is offline Search for Posts by thunder123 Add thunder123 to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by thunder123
quote:

it has been alot of times suggested and rejected in the past but if people keep coming back on it even though its listed as will never happen and there are still positive replies on it then i think there are alot of people who would like to see this coming

if not then there woudn't be so much topics on it

Unfortunately the game developers do not look at it the same way ... if they have said no, then you'll be lucky to even get them to look at the idea again, no matter how many people suggest it, let alone get them to consider it.

12-01-2010 11:21 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Creed
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 02-24-2009
Clan: BoS

@ thunder123 - Im not saying I dont like the idea its not a bad idea if done correctly but as Gendi has said us and developers are 2 very different type of people lol it has been clearly stated on a number of occassions it wont happen it has even been listed as not going to happen regardless of every server that BW has saying it I just can not see it happening so it would be best to put the thoughts into new ideas that MIGHT have a chance. Smile

I will check all messages and reply within 24 hours.

12-01-2010 11:45 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
thunder123

quote:
@ thunder123 - Im not saying I dont like the idea its not a bad idea if done correctly but as Gendi has said us and developers are 2 very different type of people lol it has been clearly stated on a number of occassions it wont happen it has even been listed as not going to happen regardless of every server that BW has saying it I just can not see it happening so it would be best to put the thoughts into new ideas that MIGHT have a chance. Smile

i know it probaly wont happen and that its best to put thoughts into new ideas i only say that there are people who would like to see it comming even though it will never happen

12-01-2010 12:28 thunder123 is offline Search for Posts by thunder123 Add thunder123 to your Buddy List
Deggs

Registration Date: 11-16-2010

Perhaps instead of having a clan building there could be a new building for z2 and z3 that gives bonuses to the clan? This way, each player's would add up together and there could be a cap of the overall percentage? Like +1% hp to players in sieges in z3 (max 15-20%) and +.2% to damage and +.2% to hit chance in z2 (maxed at maybe 5-10%) These buildings should be a one time build thing and cost a good bit because they can be a big help in the larger clan wars. This is just a quick thought and I know i haven't taken much time to consider other things but you guys can decide those other things.

Edit. these only apply for sieges

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Deggs: 12-01-2010 13:06.

12-01-2010 13:04 Deggs is offline Search for Posts by Deggs Add Deggs to your Buddy List
thunder123

quote:
Originally posted by Deggs
Perhaps instead of having a clan building there could be a new building for z2 and z3 that gives bonuses to the clan? This way, each player's would add up together and there could be a cap of the overall percentage? Like +1% hp to players in sieges in z3 (max 15-20%) and +.2% to damage and +.2% to hit chance in z2 (maxed at maybe 5-10%) These buildings should be a one time build thing and cost a good bit because they can be a big help in the larger clan wars. This is just a quick thought and I know i haven't taken much time to consider other things but you guys can decide those other things.

Edit. these only apply for sieges

that will probaly be considered as a clan building too since it affects the clan

12-01-2010 13:14 thunder123 is offline Search for Posts by thunder123 Add thunder123 to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

I am big fan of clan buildings and I am trying to mention it here and now for some time, so yes maybe devs will change mind one day, because since act 2 they didn't came with any big change. They can work in several different ways, build using different resources etc. Oh well.. maybe one day.. if I don't die of boredom before.. Evil

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-01-2010 22:49 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Gat

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
if I don't die of boredom before.. Evil

most likely, that will happen first for all of us. Even the Nights idea, which is pretty cool as it adds another factor to our gameplay, is introduced rarely.
hmmm, maybe they could add a place, where everyone sacrifices one resource of their choosing, in order to appease the gods and grant to the whole server a night's blessing Big Grin

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

12-02-2010 01:15 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Clan Buildings!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH