Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » A couple of points requiring answers (UW) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page A couple of points requiring answers (UW) 8 Votes - Average Rating: 6.758 Votes - Average Rating: 6.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
Paranoia: The buying a weapon for millions in that game was illegal, forbidden by the games rules. However, many people ignored this and did it anyway. Much to my advantage, i actually made a lot of money [Great British Pounds] this way.

To stop it, they implemented an update, and as of about a year ago, [maybe even 2], it is impossible to do this, and it is now IMPOSSIBLE to push any scale at all.

you missed what i mean there mate...

In that game aquiring the best weapons possible was merely a case of getting the gold....

in relation to this game, if you have 200ss and your weapon/mergebit doesnt come on auction your screwed....

The availability and time taken to get the weapons on this is what made 2 of my personal friends quit...

And it just gets worse as you need rarer and rarer items when you get bigger..

according to a friend im talking to on FB now the reason he quit at 120ish points (after the initial pain in the bum stage) was because it all got monotonous... doing the same thing day in day out .

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 11-19-2010 12:59.

11-19-2010 12:59 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
kobruk

Registration Date: 08-17-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: The Fluffs

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Guess I may as well lend a voice to this. I've been around BW for a while, have been in the top 15 of players, and yes, I pay premium and yes I am relatively active, although I must profess that I'm less so now than a year ago and my level and speed of progress has slowed significantly as a result.

I started from scratch, for me the challenge is in the game play. Analogy is buying a recently released game for PS3 and the first question I was asked at the counter was 'Do you want the strategy guide with that ?'. Of course I DON'T! Why spoil something new and untested with a cheat guide that tells me how to win with no effort ?

A lot of the RPG's I've played over the last 15 years or so online have been very much a buy your way to the top and the references previously to that are apt; If BW became that type of place I would leave instantly. That brings me to the first suggestion to level the game

1. Ban Account trading

Life is about decisions, make them and live with them, just ensure the information about this choice and the races is very comprehensive at sign up. I built my character, square and gear from scratch, everyone should do the same so they experience everything the game has to offer, highs and lows.

Success in game and for the game hinges on imagination and innovation. Do you think Blod made No.1 spot by making do with the same gear everyone else was using ? No he spent a lot of time researching what would be his best items and striving to merge them. However, this did highlight one thing;

With the advances everyone has made, particularly with the defence items (something I am totally guilty of!), attacking has become almost redundant, maybe this is why the lower ranked player feel they are farmed as beating higher ranks is hard and people look to the lower end for resources. This brings me to items 2 and 3 of my suggestions.

Resources are scarce. This can make it near impossible, not just hard for lower ranked players to upgrade buildings, leading to a further feeing of helplessness and dis-satisfaction.

2. Resources - allow auction of People and Blood as we do with Junk

Balance out the advances in equipment and what can be achieved by stirring the interest of those who have achieved significant progress in Act2.

3. Release further items of weaponry, armoury and jewellery to address the near impossibility of beating defence items and to provide a larger interest in improving equipment further to extend game enjoyment.

Item 3 specifically targets me as a player with high defence btw Smile

Finally easiness......

I love it, don't get me wrong, but the higher your rank the easier equipment is to wear ? In light of a balanced game this feels backwards to me, things should get harder as you achieve more, not easier, pushing you to strive to attain what you need, rather than having life made more simple and extending the player gap which is how I feel this works.

4. Address the imbalance in easiness – ideas below please as I can’t suggest anything that would be perceived as fair or not result in half of everyone’s items becoming unusable .

1H Melee weapons seem out of sync with the rest of the items/legendary items, just my perception of it and the legendary boost for them does not seem as effective as for other legendary items. This is more of a query to see what others think about that and if they feel it contributes to an imbalance in the game.

Finally I’m sure that many will feel that the acknowledgement by the devs that we are here, complaining, is good and is a step forward!

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by kobruk: 11-19-2010 17:12.

11-19-2010 13:01 kobruk is offline Search for Posts by kobruk Add kobruk to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

OK

I agree on the most part with all but the easiness thing.

Gimping easiness would let us strive to get bigger and better yes, but on the other hand easiness is there for a reason.

Level 100
12,527,829 XP

12,528 points

NOONE is there yet...after 3 years of playing.

Yes certain people can solo a sphinx and make 50 points every 2 days but could they do it if they couldnt use the items they are now?

We are pretty close to an anubis badge on this server but would we be if people couldnt get more than 200agility/230 perc?

Easiness needs to stay the same or the game will fall apart.

quote:

Smile

11-19-2010 13:15 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

i just realize this thread only optimize underworld server only...

npc son's name : cpu

11-19-2010 13:51 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gendibal

quote:
Originally posted by npc
i just realize this thread only optimize underworld server only...

Good point, edited into the thread title ... Yes, the thread was created to deal with problems in the Underworld server as I don't actually play Necro, and would therefore be unqualified to comment on any problems there.

11-19-2010 13:56 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Wow - this debate got fruity! Big Grin

I just wanted to answer a couple of points for Sushi:

quote:
quoted by Sushi
4. Why English players complain all the time?
For long time I have believed that Poles complain a lot, but here I have observed that Englishmen have mastered it beiond my understanding.

ROFLMAO! Dude, you nailed the UK totally there - we are not happy unless we are complaining! Tongue Big Grin

quote:
quoted by Sushi
But why on French servers this problem is much smaller than on EN servers?
Both are "Western servers".

I think you answered yourself in the first quote I made. The French people like to complain - I play there, and I hear them - but they do not complain that the game does not work, they just complain because they are no good at it. Big Grin (hahaha, yeah, I'm trash talking the French! Tongue ) (ok, not really, sorry to the French, all said in jest & all that Wink )

The French are a lot more philosophical than the English - they look at the game & they see life; struggles, hardship, the determination of fighting for something good.

The English look at the game & they see a game.

Also, I would suggest that some of the english players don't like the fact that the top spots on this server are filled with Polish players - modern english society hates not being the best at something. We have an extremely confused & egotistical sense of nationalism! Tongue

If anyone tells us we are second best, and we react in two ways:
1) Punch your teeth out.
2) Moan.

Hahahahaha! Big Grin Tongue
(ps - personally I do not class myself as "english" - I have no sense of patriotism; it was just a country I was born in).

quote:
quoted by Sushi
Basic concept of this game was that it should be chalanging like games in "old times"

Hurrah!! That is what drew me to this game - I HATE most new games - they are so easy that you can piss on them in your sleep. There has not been a challenging console RPG game in the last 10 years. Most of them are designed for children, regardless of what the age restriction is to buy them, because all the game producers know that even if they stamp an "18 only" sticker on the front, every 10 year old will be playing the game in a month.
And because they are designed for children, our ideals of what is actually challenging is weakened & worn away. We forget what it is to play a difficult game, and when we do...... we cry because we can not win.

I thank the BWT for giving me a game that actually challenges & frustrates me - even if I do moan about it sometimes... I am english, see my above quote! Big Grin x

quote:
quoted by Sushi
At the end sometimes I feel that EN gamers would like the game to have an "pay-for- all" option so they could "own" from the start. (same as in similar productions).
Would You like that?

NOOOOOOOOOO! People who say they do want that should be banned immediately! If you do that to this game, you may as well just scrap it all & start again.

You want a suggestion that would make this game better, and more playable for players:

1) CORRECT THE TUTORIAL - make it so that it actually describes how the game works, and how the mechanics work. At the moment it is utterly rubbish.

I did an expo yesterday, and the amount of xp my team received was all wrong; so I checked the tutorial to try & work out why..... and nothing in the tutorial correlated with what had happened in the expo.

If you actually made the tutorial describe the game & its mechanics - INCLUDING exactly how luck & chance effect the game.
Then people would not get so frustrated when things do not make sense, and I think that the nonsensical nature of the game is what annoys people the most.

Most players of this game are intelligent, and so to have a game that constantly does not make sense really upsets them (ok, upsets me! Tongue )

2) Stop people trading accounts - allowing newbies to own a powerful account is just wrong. People should be made to enjoy the game from day 1, and if they want to start again, then get back to the begining & do it.

3) Balancing the game - how about instead of making it hard to upgrade the items you want (i.e. the fail rate of Well of Souls, etc), because let's face it - that part of the game is just ridiculously left to chance!

Why not allow the ritual of sacrificing for ALL upgrades (from normal+1 to perfect+5), obviously with a sensible increase in the stones. And make the items harder to equip; increase the level requirements, so that certain items (and therfore their benefits) can not be achieved until the player is at a level to appreciate them?

This would help to inhibit power-gamers who just plow through the game just because they have awesome equipment.

Thanks for listening Sushi. Wink

EDIT - haha, I took so long to write my post, others got in there first - Kob, I totally agree with your account trading point! Tongue Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 11-19-2010 14:08.

11-19-2010 14:05 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Ok i think this will be my last post here until something else relevant comes up.

Account trading
I myself have an account that was traded to me, It was a VERY nice account and still is.
I really dispise people that trade accounts to a noob that will change everything about it and effectively ruin someones hard work. I was given this account because i had played for 18 months before hand and knew alot about the game and had a reasonable successful character. The reason i traded was because the game got monotenous (87 attempts for my red dragon badge Pre POH patch). I will NEVER trade this account as i would rather put the work Azz and myself did to it in the grave than watch it get mutilated by an idiot.

with all that being said it is quite difficult for a new player to start an account now and get it up and running due to the fact that getting items from auction is nigh on impossible before 500 points due to the rediculus prices we have now.

when i started you could buy an elvish cape (bread and butter of a starting mellee) for 1Ms (25 points) now you need at lease 3ss (150 points) to buy one unless a) you either get luck with drops B)firmly grasp the merge mechanics of the game and make stuff to sell.

we all know that this is a very long term game and in my opinion is as a game should be... it requires thought and effort from the player.

You cannot get a guide... you cannot cheat/buy your way to the top.... British culture is very much "if at first you dont succeed, cheat"

quote:

Smile

11-19-2010 15:09 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

ok, hows about this for an idea to address the item prices we tend to see a lot now ... mainly from act 2 players getting merge gear together ... separate the auction houses per act. Act 1 players sell to and buy from other act 1 players, act 2 players do the same for act 2.

That would go some way to preventing these huge expo points/stones payoffs crippling the market for newer players.

11-19-2010 15:14 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Clemenza
Puki Mod

images/avatars/avatar-926.png

Registration Date: 03-09-2009
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by kobruk

2. Resources - allow auction of People and Blood as we do with Junk

I'd love to have a way to buy mana and nanites too, but I mean directly, not through buying items.. more like the way you buy junk..

11-19-2010 18:35 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Ok, I have been back through the thread and collated the ideas from everyone, as well as put one or two more in there ... if we could discuss which ideas would be the better ones (or merely in which order) to try for implementation, then it would probabally be a bit of a help to the devs in sorting through them. I may have missed one or two, but I hope not too many

Communication/updates
1: more programmers/ops
2: ops visiting/posting in forums more
3: get all gripes and observations out of the way from both sides ... a little impoliteness at the beginning may lead to a lot of understanding between us all later

Tutorial
1: Rewrite the tutorial (or at least edit it) to bring it up to date with the game as it currently is

Perceptions of the game
1: Display levels rather than points in rankings

Advertising
1: C47 to design banner ads to replace the reference link (use the photobucket type model and give specific coding for froum posting, social networking, direct IMG code, etc)

Auctions
1: Seperate Act 1 and Act 2 auctions so that lower level players have a better chance of getting kit together
2: Introduce auctions for other resources ... blood, people, mana, nanites, etc

Acts
1: Work towards seperating the acts completely so that there is always an active zone power struggle in each act.
2: If there is an Act 3 in planning, use the same idea that was originally envisaged for the auction system ... activate it when X players reach the level to enter it and have it seperate from the other two acts from the start.

Race Selection
1: Either start players off with a default race and give the selection option at a later level, or give the option to change race up to a given level ... some starters may find that their style of play doesn't fit with the race they have selected, but don't want to restart. The effect that would have is to frustrate the player, and given the options of leaving or restarting they may well choose to leave. Giving them a reselect option (prem days perhaps?) would extend the life of the game for at least some of them.

Account Trading
1: Introduce a ban on account trading.

Clearance of Banned players
1: Remove banned players from the lists as soon as their appeal is heard, or their appeal time has expired ... this will not only clear space for the people who wish to play within the rules, but will also make it look like a proactive action against rule breakers (also, they contribute nothing to the economy of the game).

Items/Upgrading/Merging
1: Extend ritual of blood to cover all quality levels

11-22-2010 11:12 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Issues that I found and thought needing answer:

quote:
Originally posted by npc
quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal
2: Franchise, see if an able party could take over the server in country ... would mean sharing server profits and trusting the game development to a third party ... not always a good thing.

i think he already explain that only 2 dev and no more...
(they're the only one who know the hard code)

to be honest, i play on uk because i (im asian but not from tr) only understand english, if i understand polish, i would like to play polish server too. and i think english language are more globalize than polish...

but if this become Franchise, i'll first one buy (i dunno about cost Tongue ) and translate to my language Big Grin

2. There can bo no real franchise, for 2 reasons:
a. noone would make it thru the game code unless haveing an ample group of programers.
b. we would not like the code to leak out.

What is Your national language?

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia

The one thing that does annoy me about this game , no matter how much i love it , is that once you have done your attacks and quests there is nothing left to do for little people.I can happily sit online and do nothing but browse the auctions and check out merge possibilities but lower people cant even see the auction.

The problem is that not all ppl have a lot of time to spent.
We are trying to make miracles to balance the game time-consumption to be both: adictive/time hungry and allowing for normal life (this matter is more and more a piont in players opinions, many quit becouse they dont have that much time).

quote:
Originally posted by kobruk
1H Melee weapons seem out of sync with the rest of the items/legendary items, just my perception of it and the legendary boost for them does not seem as effective as for other legendary items. This is more of a query to see what others think about that and if they feel it contributes to an imbalance in the game.

We are aware of this issue, it will be addressed in a Act2 fix released in Act3 patch (IMPORTANT!!! not yet completed and will take long to finish!)

Issues colected by Gendibal (i have added letters Wink ):
quote:
Ok, I have been back through the thread and collated the ideas from everyone, as well as put one or two more in there ... if we could discuss which ideas would be the better ones (or merely in which order) to try for implementation, then it would probabally be a bit of a help to the devs in sorting through them. I may have missed one or two, but I hope not too many

A. Communication/updates
3: get all gripes and observations out of the way from both sides ... a little impoliteness at the beginning may lead to a lot of understanding between us all later

B. Tutorial
1: Rewrite the tutorial (or at least edit it) to bring it up to date with the game as it currently is

C. Perceptions of the game

D. Advertising
1: C47 to design banner ads to replace the reference link (use the photobucket type model and give specific coding for froum posting, social networking, direct IMG code, etc)

E. Auctions
1: Seperate Act 1 and Act 2 auctions so that lower level players have a better chance of getting kit together

F. Acts
1: Work towards seperating the acts completely so that there is always an active zone power struggle in each act.
2: If there is an Act 3 in planning, use the same idea that was originally envisaged for the auction system ... activate it when X players reach the level to enter it and have it seperate from the other two acts from the start.

G. Race Selection
1: Either start players off with a default race and give the selection option at a later level, or give the option to change race up to a given level ... some starters may find that their style of play doesn't fit with the race they have selected, but don't want to restart. The effect that would have is to frustrate the player, and given the options of leaving or restarting they may well choose to leave. Giving them a reselect option (prem days perhaps?) would extend the life of the game for at least some of them.

H. Account Trading

L. Clearance of Banned players
1: Remove banned players from the lists as soon as their appeal is heard, or their appeal time has expired ... this will not only clear space for the people who wish to play within the rules, but will also make it look like a proactive action against rule breakers (also, they contribute nothing to the economy of the game).

M. Items/Upgrading/Merging

A.
1. Programmers? OPs?
Programmers - simple unafordable for us. BBgames dont generate enought profit to have loads of programmers, at least enought skilled ones that could be of any help to us. Believe me, as we did tried that. It ended up in haveing extra work.
2. OPs - I have talked to Szeszej, he will be more active.
3. did not understood that, please, dont forget I'm here just a "guest-star", Szeszej is doing MA in EN not me Wink

4. (My own). What I have observed in both PL and FR servers is that a LOT of activity that You are asking of us or ops is performed by community people (mods, gamers etc)
Why it does not work this way here?

B. 1. Tutorial - is open to be edited by anyone. You are free to remake it. Szeszej can support and corect if need be.
Thou there are some parts of game mechanics that had never been made public and will not be. (for obvious reasons)

C. If this would help we can arange that.

D. You wish us to give You: f.eg.
[IMG]http://NiceImageLink[/IMG]
Where:
RefLink is gamers ref link
NiceImageLink is a link to nice image (practicaly any You wish?)

E.
1. Thus You will not be able to buy almost anything also at high levs (where some low levs find decent components) nor at low levs when You may wish to buy some realy decent equipment from top players off-sale.

Additionaly the starters will not be able to get to TOP - EVER just becouse they will not have decent gear.

Now they can buy top gear for they level just in a nick of time simple buy colecting and trading junk.

2. That would kill the game economics and mechanics. You would not need to farm for resources just buy it. Some tasks (f.eg. one about colecting blood) would be useless.
The game strategies (like bleeding out oponent) would not work any more.
Top players would be able to go for exp any time haveing ALWAYS necessery resources.
etc.

F.
1. How do You wish to separate f.eg. 50 players?
You cant start new realm for them. It will die out.
No resources, small group of players...
2. Not possible in the UK - simple, probably You would not recieve A3, ever.
Just the high lev player pool is to small on EN servers.

G. This is an option. We will think about it.

H. This would be an empty law. Just someone would not confess to doing so.
IP nr? - I have changed provider.
E-mail change? - I dont like the last one.
etc

L. Cant be done due to legal matters.
The premium needs to end before they are deleted.

M. This topic was rised several times.
there are 2 main reasons in NOT doing so:
1. For most of the time You talk about that its hard to catch TOP players. Then it would be only TOP that would profit from such option.
2. Its cost would be so high that 99% of players would not use it.
3. If it would be cheap then there would be no reason to have such items, they would not be unique any more.

Thank You.
11-22-2010 12:32 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

erm.. on the note of ideas... i was wondering if we could , when we spy people, see what arcana they are using in defence....

as an absorber it would be nice to know exactly what im up against

quote:

Smile

11-22-2010 14:21 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Clan: BoS

In act 3, the we leave the city, burned out by wars, the human population almost killed off by sacrifices to resurrect strange mythical beasts. Instead the strongest vampires from the cities(different servers) goes to the wasteland to live. There they forgo the old ways of the clans and instead form temporary alliances with other vampires when they encounter beasts(expedition) in the wastelands.

11-22-2010 19:06 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Endonium

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
In act 3, the we leave the city, burned out by wars, the human population almost killed off by sacrifices to resurrect strange mythical beasts. Instead the strongest vampires from the cities(different servers) goes to the wasteland to live. There they forgo the old ways of the clans and instead form temporary alliances with other vampires when they encounter beasts(expedition) in the wastelands.

Come again ? Big Grin

11-22-2010 20:24 Endonium is offline Search for Posts by Endonium Add Endonium to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by SushiMaker
quote:
Originally posted by npc
quote:
2: Franchise, see if an able party could take over the server in country ... would mean sharing server profits and trusting the game development to a third party ... not always a good thing.

i think he already explain that only 2 dev and no more...
(they're the only one who know the hard code)

to be honest, i play on uk because i (im asian but not from tr) only understand english, if i understand polish, i would like to play polish server too. and i think english language are more globalize than polish...

but if this become Franchise, i'll first one buy (i dunno about cost Tongue ) and translate to my language Big Grin

2. There can bo no real franchise, for 2 reasons:
a. noone would make it thru the game code unless haveing an ample group of programers.
b. we would not like the code to leak out.

What is Your national language?

did not understood that, please, dont forget I'm here just a "guest-star", Szeszej is doing MA in EN not me Wink

i replied you via email form BurningBoard forum.
i dont have MA in EN too, i hope we are not lost in translation. Tongue

11-23-2010 03:16 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Gendibal
Viking

Apologies for the full day delay in replying, but I needed to give a couple of those points suitable thought before doing so.

quote:
quote:

A. Communication/updates

B. Tutorial

C. Perceptions of the game

D. Advertising

E. Auctions

F. Acts

G. Race Selection

H. Account Trading

L. Clearance of Banned players

M. Items/Upgrading/Merging

A.
1. Programmers? OPs?
Programmers - simple unafordable for us. BBgames dont generate enought profit to have loads of programmers, at least enought skilled ones that could be of any help to us. Believe me, as we did tried that. It ended up in haveing extra work.
2. OPs - I have talked to Szeszej, he will be more active.
3. did not understood that, please, dont forget I'm here just a "guest-star", Szeszej is doing MA in EN not me Wink

4. (My own). What I have observed in both PL and FR servers is that a LOT of activity that You are asking of us or ops is performed by community people (mods, gamers etc)
Why it does not work this way here?

1: I can well understand that, pretty much the same reason that franchising would be near impossible too.
2: Thank you, that is most appreciated
3: You said in a previous post that you had personal observations that you wouldn't post because some people might see them as impolite ... I think you should post them (maybe in a rant type discussion thread) so that we can iron out some of our differences and wrong assumptions ... that way we might be able to get a better understanding of how to work better together to 'fix' the server.
4: the operative phrase there is 'LOT of activity', it does work that way here, but because of the highly reduced population and activity, as well as in some cases language barriers etc, it doesn't work AS WELL here.

quote:
B. 1. Tutorial - is open to be edited by anyone. You are free to remake it. Szeszej can support and corect if need be.
Thou there are some parts of game mechanics that had never been made public and will not be. (for obvious reasons)

I realise that it is an open edit tutorial, but it shouldn't be edited by just 'anyone' ... players will usually edit something like that biased towards their own game style and way of playing ... it needs someone who knows the game inside and out from an unbiased perspective to do this, or a player who has proven themselves to be unbiased and knows the game in the most intimate way.

quote:

I think it would help in the way that new players see the game ... catching a level 100 player seems more attainable than catching a 12000 point player ... especially when you consider how fast a player gains levels compared to how fast they gain points at the start of the game.

quote:
Where:

Something very much like that, yes ... I'm sure that players with knowledge of HTML could do this themselves however those of us who don't have that knowledge could not, and with banners of the quality of graphics that C47 does ... it would make player based advertising a lot more appealing to the viewer than just seeing a reference link in text form

quote:
E.
1. Thus You will not be able to buy almost anything also at high levs (where some low levs find decent components) nor at low levs when You may wish to buy some realy decent equipment from top players off-sale.

Additionaly the starters will not be able to get to TOP - EVER just becouse they will not have decent gear.

Now they can buy top gear for they level just in a nick of time simple buy colecting and trading junk.

2. That would kill the game economics and mechanics. You would not need to farm for resources just buy it. Some tasks (f.eg. one about colecting blood) would be useless.
Top players would be able to go for exp any time haveing ALWAYS necessery resources.
etc.

1: Bearing in mind the ridiculous prices that some gear that I and some others would consider basic equipment, then there is already very little chance of a lower level player getting hold of it on auction (some high end expos can yield around 50 - 60 stones total from the points/exp they give out) ... thats more than a lower level player will see in a week even with junk collection and sale.
2: Point taken, it would have a very real risk of making ertain parts of the game too easy, and others obsolete.

quote:
F.

1 & 2: It would certainly require a lot of thought, but something needs to be done about the zones ... After a while, IF we can increase the server population, there will be a huge amount of problems with player satisfaction again. After z4, the other zones are technically 'locked out' from most players, unless they happen to be in one of the top clans (where they can ask for a 'turn') ... that will still leave the server without the power struggles to help keep the interest levels that bit higher.

quote:
G. This is an option. We will think about it.

Thank you

quote:
H. This would be an empty law. Just someone would not confess to doing so.
IP nr? - I have changed provider.
E-mail change? - I dont like the last one.
etc

Again understandable, although it would have been good if there could have been some sort of policing possible Frown

quote:

Again understandable, if there are legal considerations involved then it must be done that way ... however with the lack of z3/2/1 squares, would it then be possible to move the player to z5 after a failed appeal or when the appeal deadline had expired?

quote:
M. This topic was rised several times.
there are 2 main reasons in NOT doing so:
1. For most of the time You talk about that its hard to catch TOP players. Then it would be only TOP that would profit from such option.
2. Its cost would be so high that 99% of players would not use it.
3. If it would be cheap then there would be no reason to have such items, they would not be unique any more.

I personally agree, but the point had to be posted as it had been raised in the thread.

11-23-2010 09:14 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by dooz

A couple of points requiring answers (UW)
F1.
F2.

Aditionaly:

1. You would need to make separate game server for them. See points f1/2

2. Even on Polish servers that would be just impossible.
Players from old server would have gigant advantage over older servers champions.
Ergo, noone would like to "depart" to act3.
Not after he/she worked 2 years hard to be best on their server.

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
erm.. on the note of ideas... i was wondering if we could , when we spy people, see what arcana they are using in defence....

as an absorber it would be nice to know exactly what im up against

This would be to big help for the attacker.
Defending would be pointless.

Thank You.
11-24-2010 12:22 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

I think this issues should be take care of in different entry:

quote:
Apologies for the full day delay in replying, but I needed to give a couple of those points suitable thought before doing so.

No apologies needed. It is obvious that WE all cant be here all the time.

quote:
3: You said in a previous post that you had personal observations that you wouldn't post because some people might see them as impolite ... I think you should post them (maybe in a rant type discussion thread) so that we can iron out some of our differences and wrong assumptions ... that way we might be able to get a better understanding of how to work better together to 'fix' the server.

They are:
1. You (EN) tend to complain alot.
2. I get the feeling that You (EN) think to be "center of universe" - we listen to all thou reply to few just to be able to do anything insted of just replying.
3. Try living and solving issues with the OP, he is here 4u.

Most of that was already delt with during this topic so I believe wwe can consider it to be a case closed.

Thank You.
11-24-2010 12:59 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

quote:

4: the operative phrase there is 'LOT of activity', it does work that way here, but because of the highly reduced population and activity, as well as in some cases language barriers etc, it doesn't work AS WELL here.

Any idea on how we all could make it work the same way here?

quote:
quote:

I realise that it is an open edit tutorial, but it shouldn't be edited by just 'anyone' ... players will usually edit something like that biased towards their own game style and way of playing ... it needs someone who knows the game inside and out from an unbiased perspective to do this, or a player who has proven themselves to be unbiased and knows the game in the most intimate way.

Then I would suggest to make a certain topics if gamers believe such changes are needed.
Such topic should look like f.eg.:
Title: changes in tutorial
current entry: .....
proposed fraze:.....

Topic should be open for discusion so that gamers would come to consensus, supervised by OP/mod who has deep game konwlege and can adress any issues to us directly IF NEED BE Wink

After all OP should update tutorial whit the final version worked out with gamers.

PS. Same way You can do with general game ideas.

quote:
quote:

I think it would help in the way that new players see the game ... catching a level 100 player seems more attainable than catching a 12000 point player ... especially when you consider how fast a player gains levels compared to how fast they gain points at the start of the game.

I have sent it to Konrad to look for best way to introduce such feature.

quote:
quote:
Where:

Something very much like that, yes ... I'm sure that players with knowledge of HTML could do this themselves however those of us who don't have that knowledge could not, and with banners of the quality of graphics that C47 does ... it would make player based advertising a lot more appealing to the viewer than just seeing a reference link in text form

Again: I have sent it to Konrad to look for best way to introduce such feature.

quote:
quote:
E.

etc.

1: Bearing in mind the ridiculous prices that some gear that I and some others would consider basic equipment, then there is already very little chance of a lower level player getting hold of it on auction (some high end expos can yield around 50 - 60 stones total from the points/exp they give out) ... thats more than a lower level player will see in a week even with junk collection and sale.
2: Point taken, it would have a very real risk of making ertain parts of the game too easy, and others obsolete.

1. Still, most of that gear (on Moria) can be only used by high lev players.
If at level 40 You would find RARE item the price it could make would set You up for next 20-30 levs.
The other way is that You will have nothing to do with it. Hopeing that One Day ...
Or it would be bought by some lucky at-the-end-of-A1 gamer for small portion of its real value... Personaly I would be pissed of.

quote:
quote:
F.

1 & 2: It would certainly require a lot of thought, but something needs to be done about the zones ... After a while, IF we can increase the server population, there will be a huge amount of problems with player satisfaction again. After z4, the other zones are technically 'locked out' from most players, unless they happen to be in one of the top clans (where they can ask for a 'turn') ... that will still leave the server without the power struggles to help keep the interest levels that bit higher.

This issue comes back frequently in other locations as well.
Depending on the position they held gamers have always different view on this issue.
We have never reached consensus about it.

We are open for ideas.

quote:
quote:

Again understandable, if there are legal considerations involved then it must be done that way ... however with the lack of z3/2/1 squares, would it then be possible to move the player to z5 after a failed appeal or when the appeal deadline had expired?

Some time ago we have added fix to database that deletes "obsolete" accounts from high zones as soon as it is possible.

Thank You.
11-24-2010 13:36 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Endonium

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

I'm going to quote myself from another thread as it's relevant here too :

quote:
Originally posted by Endonium
I'll have to say one thing. I used to play Guild Wars a long time ago.

The one update they did to the game that was a complete deal changer and made the game so much more interesting is the ability to switch between set ups for characters, choosing whenever you wanted a new main job, and mostly the ability to change second job. That lead characters to be able to use nearly unlimited builds.

In this case, the cost of changing tattoos is very high in terms of stones when you're at 5/5/5/5, especially since it costs premium.

If the good options of this game are only available through paying, then it's a bit of a loosing streak. I would like to see new things put into action.

For example, Diablo 2 got a patch a year or so ago (I used to play it 8 years ago but still have friends who do so they told me that). It introduced a new item. Actually four new items, that you would drop on bosses. Once merged together, and used it would reset all your stats and you could change your build, which was not imaginable years ago.

That would be a nice idea. Each monster in expeditions would have a very small change to drop specific items (blue/red/gold/white/black/etc powder or whatever you see fit). You would need 3-4-5 different of those to first merge them (so it would cost you nanites, mana and a ms).
Once used, it would reset your tattoos but give you the stones back as well as the PoP.

If such a thing was to come into the game, the chance of expedition monsters dropping these items would be around 0.1% which would be extremely low.

To make it more interesting, these items could be tradable on the markets.

There's room for so much more improvement without specifically taking a heavy load on the server. Items, merging combinations of new quest items etc that would make the game more interactive and allow for more build possibilities.

11-24-2010 14:56 Endonium is offline Search for Posts by Endonium Add Endonium to your Buddy List
floydster
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-342.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS/V13

quote:
quote:

quote:

For this please can you consider that both points and level are shown. Personally i like the ranking done by points as its easier to see how close you are to ranking up. Especiallay as at higher levels the amount of points between each level is much more. If it just says levels you don't know if you are one day or one week from moving up the rank but it is also important to know someones level for the above reasons and arranging expos.
If the rankings are changed to levels then when you go to the ranking screen hovering over a players name should tell you there points.
I know points are on profile page but would save having to go back and forth.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by floydster: 11-24-2010 16:21.

11-24-2010 15:33 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

quote:
I'm going to quote myself from another thread as it's relevant here too :

quote:
I'll have to say one thing. I used to play Guild Wars a long time ago.

The one update they did to the game that was a complete deal changer and made the game so much more interesting is the ability to switch between set ups for characters, choosing whenever you wanted a new main job, and mostly the ability to change second job. That lead characters to be able to use nearly unlimited builds.

In this case, the cost of changing tattoos is very high in terms of stones when you're at 5/5/5/5, especially since it costs premium.

If the good options of this game are only available through paying, then it's a bit of a loosing streak. I would like to see new things put into action.

For example, Diablo 2 got a patch a year or so ago (I used to play it 8 years ago but still have friends who do so they told me that). It introduced a new item. Actually four new items, that you would drop on bosses. Once merged together, and used it would reset all your stats and you could change your build, which was not imaginable years ago.

That would be a nice idea. Each monster in expeditions would have a very small change to drop specific items (blue/red/gold/white/black/etc powder or whatever you see fit). You would need 3-4-5 different of those to first merge them (so it would cost you nanites, mana and a ms).
Once used, it would reset your tattoos but give you the stones back as well as the PoP.

If such a thing was to come into the game, the chance of expedition monsters dropping these items would be around 0.1% which would be extremely low.

To make it more interesting, these items could be tradable on the markets.

There's room for so much more improvement without specifically taking a heavy load on the server. Items, merging combinations of new quest items etc that would make the game more interactive and allow for more build possibilities.

If such items would be so unique/rare and tradable then their price would be around the same as the stones You need to max up tatoo again.

quote:
Originally posted by floydster
quote:
quote:

quote:

For this please can you consider that both points and level are shown. Personally i like the ranking done by points as its easier to see how close you are to ranking up. Especiallay as at higher levels the amount of points between each level is much more. If it just says levels you don't know if you are one day or one week from moving up the rank but it is also important to know someones level for the above reasons and arranging expos.
If the rankings are changed to levels then when you go to the ranking screen hovering over a players name should tell you there points.
I know points are on profile page but would save having to go back and forth.

This is egzacly the type of change I have had in mind, just need to think it over to make it right.

Thank You.
11-30-2010 11:56 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Lightlord

Registration Date: 08-01-2010

I'm speaking from an american perspective.

Some of the factors on new players joining:
1. Game Marketing/Promoting
2. Competition (other games)

Reasons for new players leaving:
1. Staff/Policies
2. Learning Curve

There are so many new free games out there and they spring up everyday. Some better than others. Just the same, the quality and support on quite a few are top notch. Alot of these games also advertise and market more effectively. They also have staff members that interact with the player population on a constant basis.

Based on my own personal experiance with this game. Having a staff that is not fluent in english is a big handicap during customer service interaction. In fact, I will say that this game probably falls in the bottom 20% in terms of customer service. They come across like they are ban crazy. Ive nerver heard of a game till now that banned you because it felt you tried to login to fast to many times lol, because the server lagged Too me that is ludicrus. There are other issues that I wont go into at this time. This is the feeling I got from the staff. You try to explain and ask questions as to why and how it happened. "you banned, we ban you again if you dont like it" no change mind, you banned too" Ban ban ban you banned. You complain? You banned. You dont like something? You banned. We ban you longer next time. You dont like? we permanent ban you!

Im exagerating slightly, but thats the pseudo message the seem to have sent me.

Im not trying to dictate, how and what they should do with this They are in a competitive market. If they succeed or fail is on them.

My 2 cents

LL
12-03-2010 07:27 Lightlord is offline Search for Posts by Lightlord Add Lightlord to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Lightlord
I'm speaking from an american perspective.

Some of the factors on new players joining:
1. Game Marketing/Promoting
2. Competition (other games)

Reasons for new players leaving:
1. Staff/Policies
2. Learning Curve

There are so many new free games out there and they spring up everyday. Some better than others. Just the same, the quality and support on quite a few are top notch. Alot of these games also advertise and market more effectively. They also have staff members that interact with the player population on a constant basis.

Based on my own personal experiance with this game. Having a staff that is not fluent in english is a big handicap during customer service interaction. In fact, I will say that this game probably falls in the bottom 20% in terms of customer service. They come across like they are ban crazy. Ive nerver heard of a game till now that banned you because it felt you tried to login to fast to many times lol, because the server lagged Too me that is ludicrus. There are other issues that I wont go into at this time. This is the feeling I got from the staff. You try to explain and ask questions as to why and how it happened. "you banned, we ban you again if you dont like it" no change mind, you banned too" Ban ban ban you banned. You complain? You banned. You dont like something? You banned. We ban you longer next time. You dont like? we permanent ban you!

Im exagerating slightly, but thats the pseudo message the seem to have sent me.

Im not trying to dictate, how and what they should do with this They are in a competitive market. If they succeed or fail is on them.

My 2 cents

LL

1. You speak about Anti - bot auto ban system?
Becouse I dont see many bans in the pillory.

2. Server OP is studying (MA) English language so he should have no language difficulties. Had You any problems with communicating to him?

Thank You.
12-03-2010 08:51 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Lightlord

Ref: EN Servers

I really cant believe you guys have missed this one

What do all successful EN games have in common?

Real Time Communication with staff and other players.

Integrate Chat Functions into the game browser. I am not talking about an outside link to a chatroom that has never functioned. There are 101 reasons why this is almost a must have in any successful game. You can argue, we already do that, or its not that big of a deal. Guess what... WRONG!

There is going through the motions and there is genuine real time communication with players and staff.

There are alot of points that have been made and been made well.

I just want to comment on the following:

Marketing is key to gain fresh players. That gets them in the door. Once you get them in the door, you need to keep them. There are 3 different areas that need to be addressed.

1. New Players
2. Intermediate Players
3. Very Seasoned Players

Each group has different needs and expectations.

There are alot of free mediums for advertising games
One method you can try is social networking sites like Facebook. Yes you dabble on it somewhat, just no follow through.

Create and incentive for putting a link on our facebook pages. Create real incentives for new sign-ups, additional incentives for the ones that reach a certain level. etc

What kinda incentives? Game incentives like premium days etc, be creative.

Offer Newby Packs with promo codes, so you know which mediums are most effective.

Have a mentoring/coaching program for new players. So they have a point of contact for questions.

No newby wants to be told to go post their question in the forums. AND dont ask a question that was already asked 2 years ago. Oh no dont do that! search for your answers 1st.

That may sound nice to some, but its not effective for learning. How would you like it if your school teachers said the same thing? You have a question? Well the answer is in your text book, look it up.

The problem is when you are a clueless newby, you dont know the game terminology. they havent even decided if the game is worth their time to even make a post. Im not refering to the lazy veteran who wont take time to reseach the answer. Thats a seperate issue.

Lets face it, most research indicates that only 10-20% of US game players are active in game forums.

We can go around and blame the players for the lack of success. We can blame the country they are from, we can blame alot of things.

The reality of the matter is... competition is stiff. As a player, if the game fails..we just move on. If it looks like its on it deathroes we wont waste the time to play the game.

Just my 2 cents

LL

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lightlord: 12-03-2010 16:31.

12-03-2010 16:12 Lightlord is offline Search for Posts by Lightlord Add Lightlord to your Buddy List
Lightlord

[/quote]

1. You speak about Anti - bot auto ban system?
Becouse I dont see many bans in the pillory.

2. Server OP is studying (MA) English language so he should have no language difficulties. Had You any problems with communicating to him?[/quote]

Yes I believe Im am refering to the anti-bot system. I am also refering to the multi-accounting rule. I started playing then stopped and came back to playing this game. Your pillory isnt accurate

I am not complaining. I had 2 chars banned for multi accounting. Was I multi accounting? Yes.

I rolled a char and didnt like the race or stats I made for it, then I made a different char. Maybe you you should have a DELETE/RESET button for an account, then we dont have to accidently multi-acct.

LL
12-03-2010 16:28 Lightlord is offline Search for Posts by Lightlord Add Lightlord to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

quote:
Maybe you you should have a DELETE/RESET button for an account, then we dont have to accidently multi-acct.

LL

You will found delete option in setting, you need to explore and search MORE.

Character deletion will be possible in 24 hours after the protection period. During and after the protection period you are able to cancel character deletion.

Confirm entering the protection period with your account password.
Enter account password

i dont have 2 cents -> i dunno what it means Tongue

12-03-2010 16:47 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Lightlord

quote:
Originally posted by npc
quote:
Maybe you you should have a DELETE/RESET button for an account, then we dont have to accidently multi-acct.

LL

You will found delete option in setting, you need to explore and search MORE.

Character deletion will be possible in 24 hours after the protection period. During and after the protection period you are able to cancel character deletion.

Confirm entering the protection period with your account password.
Enter account password

i dont have 2 cents -> i dunno what it means Tongue

lol I missed that.
12-03-2010 20:48 Lightlord is offline Search for Posts by Lightlord Add Lightlord to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

quote:
Ref: EN Servers

I really cant believe you guys have missed this one

What do all successful EN games have in common?

Real Time Communication with staff and other players.

Integrate Chat Functions into the game browser. I am not talking about an outside link to a chatroom that has never functioned. There are 101 reasons why this is almost a must have in any successful game. You can argue, we already do that, or its not that big of a deal. Guess what... WRONG!

There is going through the motions and there is genuine real time communication with players and staff.

There are alot of points that have been made and been made well.

I just want to comment on the following:

Marketing is key to gain fresh players. That gets them in the door. Once you get them in the door, you need to keep them. There are 3 different areas that need to be addressed.

1. New Players
2. Intermediate Players
3. Very Seasoned Players

Each group has different needs and expectations.

There are alot of free mediums for advertising games
One method you can try is social networking sites like Facebook. Yes you dabble on it somewhat, just no follow through.

Create and incentive for putting a link on our facebook pages. Create real incentives for new sign-ups, additional incentives for the ones that reach a certain level. etc

What kinda incentives? Game incentives like premium days etc, be creative.

Offer Newby Packs with promo codes, so you know which mediums are most effective.

Have a mentoring/coaching program for new players. So they have a point of contact for questions.

No newby wants to be told to go post their question in the forums. AND dont ask a question that was already asked 2 years ago. Oh no dont do that! search for your answers 1st.

That may sound nice to some, but its not effective for learning. How would you like it if your school teachers said the same thing? You have a question? Well the answer is in your text book, look it up.

The problem is when you are a clueless newby, you dont know the game terminology. they havent even decided if the game is worth their time to even make a post. Im not refering to the lazy veteran who wont take time to reseach the answer. Thats a seperate issue.

Lets face it, most research indicates that only 10-20% of US game players are active in game forums.

We can go around and blame the players for the lack of success. We can blame the country they are from, we can blame alot of things.

The reality of the matter is... competition is stiff. As a player, if the game fails..we just move on. If it looks like its on it deathroes we wont waste the time to play the game.

Just my 2 cents

LL

Thx. We shall try and explore such options in the comming months.

Thank You.
12-10-2010 09:54 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Maybe some form of integrated IRC chat, where individual groups can make their own rooms, so small clans, groups of friends etc can chat. A simple version of irc with few frills or perks.

Nothing too fancy etc.

Also, on the update front, where is the BEAUTIFUL C47 graphic work that was hinted to be implemented within the week, several weeks ago? It looks fantastic, i cant wait for it to be implemented so i can use it immediately!

Such a nice BWS skin.

12-10-2010 10:45 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
Maybe some form of integrated IRC chat, where individual groups can make their own rooms, so small clans, groups of friends etc can chat. A simple version of irc with few frills or perks.

Nothing too fancy etc.

Also, on the update front, where is the BEAUTIFUL C47 graphic work that was hinted to be implemented within the week, several weeks ago? It looks fantastic, i cant wait for it to be implemented so i can use it immediately!

Such a nice BWS skin.

IRC is working. Dont know why You have problems with it.

As for C47 graphics, ask him Wink

PS.

As there are no more questions I am closeing this topic.

For further assistance, please, contact Szeszej.

Best Regards,
SM

Thank You.
12-13-2010 07:55 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » A couple of points requiring answers (UW)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH