Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » male - female 1h gunner » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page male - female 1h gunner
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
alyat
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-997.jpg

Registration Date: 12-22-2010
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: DB

male - female 1h gunner Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi

i am female 1h gunner at underworld
and i really ask myself
how female can reach same dmg output like male

female dont have bandanna just headband which gets no bonus

i know its bit more perc
but what its better

tons of dmg or bit perc^^

so how can i reach same dmg output like man?

cheers

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 12-22-2010 20:02.

12-22-2010 20:00 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Perc is handy aswell. I wouldn't just ignore the fact a headband gives loads more perc :-p

There's alot of ways for extra dmg such as a p+1 cape
12-22-2010 20:36 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by alyat
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

of course

p+1 cape
and p+1 skirt/kilt
both gender have it

i have 14 attacks at the moment with 2 leg g+5 scorpios
with solar it will be more then

at lvl 76 a p+1 bandana gives me +19 dmg + the min 5 / max 8 dmg

means at lvl 76 at least 24 dmg/ attack

with 14 attacks its 336 dmg more each round^^

thats really a lot

with the crits, solar and higher lvl the difference will be bigger

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 12-22-2010 22:44.

12-22-2010 20:46 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Medea/DB

i think she talking about the fact that females dont get the option to increase their damage on a head slot where as they always get an option on chest and legs

kilt/skirt = 1 every 4 levels at p+1 (both male and female)
cape = 1 every 4 levels at +p1 (both male and female)

bandanna = 1 every 4 levels at p+1 (only male)

on this matter then yeah females will always have less damage without looking at prefix and surfix of the item.

perc is always good for hitting higher mobs but once you ca hit them you need to start looking at increasing damage and im guessing thats what alyat is looking at.

Necro knows me as Gjallar
12-22-2010 20:46 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

yep thats it^^

12-22-2010 20:47 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Orem
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-699.jpg

Registration Date: 04-18-2010

if I remember the Skirt at P+1 gives only +1 damage each 4 char level, which means that, e.g. an Assassin (male) can only use Kilt at P+1 if he uses SUICIDE/VENGEANCE weapon because Kilt also gives +1 defence each 4 char levels, and that might make the player lose a little agility, and that's another advantage for women.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Orem: 12-22-2010 22:39.

12-22-2010 22:35 Orem is offline Search for Posts by Orem Add Orem to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Orem
alyat
Double Ace

solar set sets def to 0
so with solar the def bonus of the kilt is not important for 1h gunner

sure as female i could use other jewelry with the skirt
because skirt gives just dmg

but is there a jewelry set which is better than solar for a 1h gunner?

think male with p+1 bandanna, p+1 cape, p+1 kilt and solar is the best combination

female are weaker 1s 1h gunner
if i had known this before^^

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 12-22-2010 23:37.

12-22-2010 22:52 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

yea but females can do melee better a trade off
12-23-2010 00:17 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Oo-H454M-oO

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

Hav'nt you guys heard the "saying"?

Boys are better than Girls!! Tongue
12-23-2010 00:46 Oo-H454M-oO is offline Search for Posts by Oo-H454M-oO Add Oo-H454M-oO to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

I have been aware of this imbalance for a long time.

I would recomend you invest in trying to get a deadly haedband of prego

It will give you quite a bit of dmg at high level and a ton of percept, a lot more than we can get =)

I belive the stats needed arn't too bad

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
12-23-2010 01:04 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
sqeshu
squishy mod

Registration Date: 10-03-2007
Clan: UTA aka BC

u cant reach more damage as a woman than a man, but u can get more perception.

headband on perfect give you nice perception bonus: 13 more than bandanna on perfect - will be most usual on highest mobs where 1 points of perception in training will have cost bout 1kk pop's

edit.
pop's used by males to increased perception u can spend for knowledge to increase damage. ( not same but always )

@down

its a little longer game than monopoly Smile

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by sqeshu: 12-23-2010 01:49.

12-23-2010 01:07 sqeshu is offline Homepage of sqeshu Search for Posts by sqeshu Add sqeshu to your Buddy List Add sqeshu to your Contact List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

I would expect you CAN get it to balance.

Able to hit higher mobs, while being harder to hit from ambushers.

But I would also expect it to be an uphill struggle at times.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
12-23-2010 01:22 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Clan: BoS

Someone once said to me:
quote:
Whats the point in damage if you can't hit what you're shooting at.

So I'd say perception is better, get all you can and no one can touch you! Big Grin

12-23-2010 03:04 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
DraGan

Registration Date: 11-02-2009
Race in game: Cultist

I'm a level 82 1h gunman female. And i realised around 1 month ago i kinda wasted my time with upgrades and merging, because i will never be able to be as efficient as male chars. Especially on Basilisk's, XR and Anubis.

Yes i do own a P+1 elvish cape and a P+1 skirt of shepherd and a deadly headband of preco. And my criticals on anubis go for 10-35 damage.

I see only 2 solutions to this problem. The devs either add weapon damage bonus on crown or circlet or they allow to change female chars to a male by cutting 30-60 premium days.

12-23-2010 06:46 DraGan is offline Search for Posts by DraGan Add DraGan to your Buddy List
sqeshu
squishy mod

@ DraGan

I'm sure you do not finished your build yet (switch titanium on hawks nd check it Tongue )

btw 82 level is optimal for medusa Tongue , so its not best example with anubis Tongue

12-23-2010 06:55 sqeshu is offline Homepage of sqeshu Search for Posts by sqeshu Add sqeshu to your Buddy List Add sqeshu to your Contact List
DraGan

quote:
Originally posted by sqeshu
@ DraGan

I'm sure you do not finished your build yet (switch titanium on hawks nd check it Tongue )

btw 82 level is optimal for medusa Tongue , so its not best example with anubis Tongue

First i would like to point out that you spied me in my defense setup. It has nothing to do with my expo setup.

And take a look at this one, http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=798ff1a90d , i don't see any level 107+ in that expedition. So if you can get the XR badge at 85, i think i'm allowed to be able to hit them as well at level 82.

Also i don't think you understand that if i chose to use a hawk's set i would give up on solar set and 4 hits (At P+1). That would gimp me even more.

The main reason female gunman chars would be gimped is because the devs didn't give an alternative to a P+1 hat with damage. In my opinion P+1 crown or circlet should have damage bonus.

12-23-2010 08:30 DraGan is offline Search for Posts by DraGan Add DraGan to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

hey great
this is a good discussion
thanks to everyone Smile

pls go on...

@DraGan
i aggree with that there should be a unisex p+1 dmg bonus for hat
or
maybe should be a equivalent to soalr in jewelry set which not reduces the def to 0
so male couldnt wear it with p+1 kilt
or
maby headband should get 1 extra attack at p+1

@foxy
i allready have a deadly headband of precoc

Deadly Headband of Precognition (+5) CLOSE
Defence: 5
Effects: APPEARANCE +10, PERCEPTION +21, chance to hit with melee weapons -52, TOUGHNESS -7, all weapons damage +10
Requirements: LEVEL: 54 (60), STRENGTH: 49 (54), APPEARANCE: 18 (20)
Value: 49 150 Lgo
Value: Nanites 247, Mana 709

look at

Perfect Bandanna of Caution (+1) CLOSE
Defence: 27
Effects: minimum damage of all weapons +5, maximum damage of all weapons +8, APPEARANCE +17, PERCEPTION +20, damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 levels, chance to hit with melee weapons -45
Requirements: LEVEL: 57 (64), STRENGTH: 49 (54), APPEARANCE: 38 (42)
Value: 10 025 Lgo
Value: Nanites 1110, Mana 1686

both have nearly same requirements
but look which is better^^

it still at least 15dmg less than with bandanna (at lvl 76)
and every point of dmg is for a 1h gunner really important
deadly will not increase dmg like the p+1 bonus of bandanna each 4 lvl

the str requirements of the headband will grow extreme
maybe late with pre/suf jewelry its possible to wear a str 69 item^^

how much perception do i need to hit a mop?

with solar i get enough to hit nearly everything^^

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 12-23-2010 09:28.

12-23-2010 09:16 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
The main reason female gunman chars would be gimped is because the devs didn't give an alternative to a P+1 hat with damage. In my opinion P+1 crown or circlet should have damage bonus.

But why should they all give equal oportunities for everybody? Female guns get more perc to hit. makes get more damage.

As Sqesh said which everybody seems to have ignored if you use s hawks set that's dmg increase 1 for every 4 lvls aswell
12-23-2010 09:22 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

hawks is a great set too
give a lot of perc and dmg

but i would loose 2-4 attacks^^

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 12-23-2010 09:30.

12-23-2010 09:29 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Orem
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-699.jpg

Registration Date: 04-18-2010

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
As Sqesh said which everybody seems to have ignored if you use s hawks set that's dmg increase 1 for every 4 lvls aswell

Yes, but when, as a female player, you use Hawks, you lose damage, because Solar is better than Hawks for gunman.

12-23-2010 09:32 Orem is offline Search for Posts by Orem Add Orem to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Orem
Clemenza
Puki Mod

images/avatars/avatar-926.png

Registration Date: 03-09-2009

I agree with the damage but well having female char has some advantages too.. there are less females so items are cheaper like for example:

male solar piece:
Good Solar Tie (+2) 1 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 9
Solar Tie (+3) 2 18 / 4 / 4 / 6 / 7
Solar Tie (+3) 7 0 / 0 / 0 / 3 / 11
Solar Tie (+5) 5 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 6
Solar Tie (+5) 1 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 8
Good Solar Tie (+1) 1 60 / 21 / 9 / 3 / 6
Good Solar Tie (+5) 8 0 / 0 / 0 / 2 / 9
Solar Tie (+5) 1 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 7
Solar Tie (+5) 1 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 10

female solar piece:
Solar Necklace (+5) 13 0 / 0 / 0 / 2 / 6
Solar Necklace (+3) 1 0 / 0 / 2 / 6 / 8
Solar Necklace (+5) 12 0 / 8 / 3 / 14 / 4
Solar Necklace (+5) 5 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 4
Solar Necklace (+3) 1 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 5
Solar Necklace 13 5 / 10 / 0 / 4 / 3
Good Solar Necklace 1 0 / 0 / 1 / 3 / 3
Good Solar Necklace 1 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 5

also as someone said: Whats the point in damage if you can't hit what you're shooting at? Wink

12-23-2010 10:56 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I am not a 1h gunner, so can't give useful advice, but my thoughts on the matter are:

Yep females don't get as much damage as males, but they get more perc - deal with it, Devs ain't gonna change it; nor are they gonna give you the option to change your sex whenever you want.
So, compensate by training your wisdom; or merging armour that gives damage -- elvish/deadly cape of assassin/deathsower --- yes, I know that males can also do this, but we all know it ain't easy or quick to merge this stuff, so just because people can make an item, doesn't mean they do. I'm still trying to get a P+1 bandana at lvl 84, and having no luck 'cos I either get outbid on the auctions, or my upgrades fail.
I also think thats the point Squishy was making when he said about optimum mobs for your level; this game also compensates for the slow growth players; if you hit your optimum level mobs, then by the time you get around to being optimum level for XR & Anubis, you will have merged & upgraded & trained enough to do the damage required.

Just a thought. Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
12-23-2010 11:09 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
DraGan

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
I am not a 1h gunner, so can't give useful advice, but my thoughts on the matter are:

Yep females don't get as much damage as males, but they get more perc - deal with it, Devs ain't gonna change it; nor are they gonna give you the option to change your sex whenever you want.
So, compensate by training your wisdom; or merging armour that gives damage -- elvish/deadly cape of assassin/deathsower --- yes, I know that males can also do this, but we all know it ain't easy or quick to merge this stuff, so just because people can make an item, doesn't mean they do. I'm still trying to get a P+1 bandana at lvl 84, and having no luck 'cos I either get outbid on the auctions, or my upgrades fail.
I also think thats the point Squishy was making when he said about optimum mobs for your level; this game also compensates for the slow growth players; if you hit your optimum level mobs, then by the time you get around to being optimum level for XR & Anubis, you will have merged & upgraded & trained enough to do the damage required.

Just a thought. Smile

So you are saying because i'm a female i have to wait until i'm level 102 to do well against Basilisk's or XR's? Atm i'm alot weaker comparing to male gunman with a P+1 hat. That doesn't sound fair to me whatsoever.

I been thinking for a while now and to be honest only solution is changing my tattoo path. I'm fully aware that the devs will never make the changes i suggested.

12-23-2010 11:19 DraGan is offline Search for Posts by DraGan Add DraGan to your Buddy List
Clemenza
Puki Mod

images/avatars/avatar-926.png

Registration Date: 03-09-2009

my dearest DraGan it's true that you lack damage but what others are saying and I fully agree is that you have other advantages.. check the expo report below and see for example trigerog. He bought from me last week a P+1 bandanna so he had more damage but he couldn't hit 'cause he had not enough perception. For me it's more valuable to make sure my expo applicants will hit than the damage they could do to air. Don't see only what you lack but the added value you have Wink

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=d2758fbdb9

12-23-2010 11:42 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
sqeshu
squishy mod

@ ataya - i still disagree, i understand you, you want more damage, but many ppl wrote you about perception bonus with headband (13 more -= lets count how much point of progress u have to spent for this).

one of way for damage

make perfect cape of orchid +1 - perception bonus from headband will balance minus from orchid suffix here you can get more damage. ( advice free )

dragan,

level and owned stuff its not all, thats why i get xr badge on 86 level

(diablo get badge for robot without p1 bandanna)

12-23-2010 12:15 sqeshu is offline Homepage of sqeshu Search for Posts by sqeshu Add sqeshu to your Buddy List Add sqeshu to your Contact List
alyat
Double Ace

well to hit a mop wich has 200 perc
i just need 150 perc with 1h

thats easy reachable for everyone who gets solar^^

and of course i can merge p+1 cape of orchid
but than i loose my critchance of elvish^^
and like u said every male can do it too

hmm ok if i dont need to lvl up perception
i can lvl up knowlege...... means if i lvl up knowlege by 15 points its 5 dmg more - lol^^

i play now 11month this gam and
i really love it

of course i try to get the optimal equip
i am now just lvl 76 but i look for lvl 80+

the argument that female getting bit more perc isnt worth like the +dmg of male Smile

same with price of items - doesnt matter if i have pay bit more - i will pay it

this should not be a whine thread
pls understand i am just looking for alternatives
maybe there is something at jewelry

think biggest advantage of a female is not the higher perception, it is the skirt which makes it more flexible - it increases just dmg and not defence like kilt
male 1h gunner have to use solar if they want equip p+1 kilt
female dont need they can wear skirt all the time with all jewelry sets

vengful gives +1 attack but no perc (just know till g+5)
hawk gives dmg and perc but no attacks (just know till p)
twisted is nice but it increases just the max dmg, bit perc but no +attacks (p+1 i dont know)

so there is just solar - its the most effective set for 1h guns
and this makes the biggest advantage of female useless^^

This post has been edited 8 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 12-23-2010 14:06.

12-23-2010 13:10 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
sqeshu
squishy mod

i gave you alternative - perfect headband of precog 45 perception, perfect cape of orchid +1 +40 dmg

male can use bandanna and orchid - 15 perception less and 20 dmg more.

12-23-2010 14:53 sqeshu is offline Homepage of sqeshu Search for Posts by sqeshu Add sqeshu to your Buddy List Add sqeshu to your Contact List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

The problem for male gunmans isn't the kilt, but ironically the bandanna.

Perfect Kilt of the Shepherd (+1)
Pants (Only for males)
Defence: 23 @ level 96

Perfect Bandanna of Precognition (+1)
Helmet (Only for males)
Defence: 27

Anyway I don't think there is anything else you can make to compensate for the bandanna in case you want to increase your damage. Maybe some female only jewellery is giving something but for now no one knows about it.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-23-2010 15:23 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
alyat
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by sqeshu
i gave you alternative - perfect headband of precog 45 perception, perfect cape of orchid +1 +40 dmg

male can use bandanna and orchid - 15 perception less and 20 dmg more.

u say it
but this is not a real alternative
15 per vs 24+ (it will increase euch 4 lvl) dmg^^
and i will loose the 29% critchance and the 42 agi from elvish cape

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
The problem for male gunmans isn't the kilt, but ironically the bandanna.
Anyway I don't think there is anything else you can make to compensate for the bandanna in case you want to increase your damage. Maybe some female only jewellery is giving something but for now no one knows about it.

the def bonus on p+1 kilt will not countet?
defence increased by 1 for every 4 char levels

Perfect Kilt (+1)
Pants (Only for males)
Defence: 20
Effects: APPEARANCE +19, AGILITY -2, LUCK +4, damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 char levels, defence increased by 1 for every 4 char levels
Requirements: LEVEL: 46, STRENGTH: 37, AGILITY: 46, TOUGHNESS: 55
Selling price: 6 900 Lgo
Value: Nanites 565, Mana 1402

than 2 items cause tattoo problems for males^^
but easy to correct with best jewls

think u are right
there is no chance to compensate the advantage for male right now
a female only jewellery could fix it
or a headband p+1 bonus

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 12-23-2010 16:32.

12-23-2010 15:43 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

It was counted but Shepherd suffix gives minus to defence.

Perfect Kilt of the Shepherd (+1)
Pants (Only for males)
Defence: 23
Effects: APPEARANCE +19, AGILITY -2, LUCK +4, damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 levels, defence increased by 1 for every 4 levels, PERCEPTION +28, TOUGHNESS -5, defence -21, chance to hit with melee weapons -35
Requirements: LEVEL: 51 (79), STRENGTH: 41 (64), AGILITY: 30 (46), TOUGHNESS: 36 (55)
Value: 76 200 Lgo
Value: Nanites 841, Mana 2240

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-23-2010 15:50 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
alyat
Double Ace

ahhh
8 lvl more and it will cause problems too^^
funny Smile

skirt has higher def anyway i see
so this point is forgettable

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 12-23-2010 16:08.

12-23-2010 16:04 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
sqeshu
squishy mod

alyat, do you know stats for perfect orchid +1 ?

12-23-2010 18:58 sqeshu is offline Homepage of sqeshu Search for Posts by sqeshu Add sqeshu to your Buddy List Add sqeshu to your Contact List
alyat
Double Ace

no i dont know

i had long time ago this

Good Cape of the Orchid
Defence: -14
Effects: REPUTATION +11, AGILITY +2, TOUGHNESS +11, PERCEPTION -4, all weapons damage +19, defence -19
Requirements: LEVEL: 51 (57), STRENGTH: 53 (59), AGILITY: 47 (52)
Value: 136 050 Lgo
Value: Nanites 358, Mana 1090

hmmm low agi and very high str requirement

i could look at g+4 and there was dmg round 21^^ thats nice ok^^

so i prefer p+1 elvish cape
cause the hiegher crit chance and the high agi bust

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 12-23-2010 19:48.

12-23-2010 19:45 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
bulldozerlf

Registration Date: 02-18-2008

Want damage ? Change tattos simple as that

T3h D0z0rz strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Sniper rifle, xxx takes 507 damage.
12-24-2010 15:29 bulldozerlf is offline Search for Posts by bulldozerlf Add bulldozerlf to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » male - female 1h gunner

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH