Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » 1H legendary weapons ~ » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 1H legendary weapons ~ 6 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

1H legendary weapons ~ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Im unsure if it has been brought up before but here goes.....

The devs did a reasonably good job balancing what they all do but in my opinion they didnt put enough thought into the drop rates.

Ill put what I mean into perspective:

2h Mellee ~ 90% of the 2h mellee players use a weapon with only a suffic/prefix... they need only 1 weapon..... they can get away with not using a suffix/prefix due to the insane to hit on the weapon... but thats not my issue.

ranged ~ Ranged weapons only have a suffix so a relatively easy to merge in comparison to a 1h mellee weapon that is usable.

Gunners (2h) ~ LOL is all im going to say on that matter... there is hardly ever a day that goes by with NO legendary hunting rifles of semi autos on Auction ... NO PREFIX OR SUFFIX

Gunners (1h) ~ same as above but not quite as much as the merge routes for a usable 1h gun are annoying to say the least. NO PREFIX OR SUFFIX

Now we move on to 1h weapons.

They are the only 1 that does not gain a massive to-hit (apart from 2h guns but they get alot from their tattoo) which makes them virtually impossible to use without a suffix/prefix... you NEED both to make it worth using unlike most people using a "Legendary Good Murderous XXX +5" .

The drop rate for legendary 1h wapons of all types is bull due to the fact that we need 2 weapons to make it viable as well as they both need to have both a pre and suffix.

I do belive that 1h mellee players got shafted a little bit on the legendary front but it wasnt with the bonus it was with the ability to actualy create and use a viable weapon for high up the rankings as the merges are difficult anyway and getting legendary components is nearly unthinkable.

In regards to this a few select people have managed to create some nice legendary weapons to great effect but fact is still there that there are FAR fewer 1h mellee weapons that are legendary being used than ALL of the other types, I would like to know why.

In conclusion i would like to hear from others what they think about this subject and if we could possibly get the drop rate upped on legendary 1h weapons as the way things are now is grossly biased away from 1h legendary weapon users.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

01-06-2011 00:15 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
mirkone

Registration Date: 09-06-2009
Clan: HLL

1h melee Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hello,
i must say that this has crossed my mind a couple of times....not in relation to drops but in relation to game balance, where as you have mentioned, the only viable way for 1h melee is to have pre AND suffixed weapon. Having only prefix or suffix is simply not enough, at least not further in the game. To add up, you need two of them Smile

I personally dont see a problem in lack of legendary 1h weapons. The critical boost is nice but not vital at least not for assassins (zerkers lack tattoo boost for criticals) and 5% dodge....i dont really see great benefit there (but i might be wrong)

On the other hand and as counterbalance, 1h melee weapons give perfect possibility to increase chance to hit (read agility) to insane levels...maybe not yet on this server but on polish ones...there are players with 400+ agility and with 10, maybe 12 attacks with TFs

To sum up, I think you are partially right, to build a decent 1h melee equip is insanely pricey and timeconsuming but in stead of increase in legendary 1h drops I would maybe think of other perks for 1h melee.

01-06-2011 01:08 mirkone is offline Search for Posts by mirkone Add mirkone to your Buddy List
szczepixor

Registration Date: 05-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i seen on pl server very inresting fight vs anubis. there was a guy who use 2 legendary perfect (or p+1 dont remember now) demonic TH. he did loads of dmg so it is posible to do nice legendary 1h even if its prefixed only, but if you wants to do heavy pre and suf legendary 1h you wil have to w8 years

sorry for my language mistakes :/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by szczepixor: 01-06-2011 07:04.

01-06-2011 07:04 szczepixor is offline Search for Posts by szczepixor Add szczepixor to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree.

Although single suffixes, the rarest one... can be effective, on the whole the average legendary 1H weapon is going to be useless... well... bad suffix/prefix... and only have one of the two... and then, on top of that, you need two of said weapons to be 100% effective.

Thus, the drop rate is not respective of the necessity. Increased drops for 1H is a must I feel

And wash away my innocence and fear
01-07-2011 06:32 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

+10

no one have leg demonic 1h at r1uk ?

edit after read post below:
leg demonic 1h become leg demonic TF ?
I never saw leg demonic club stats I dunno it ever found or not.

npc son's name : cpu

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by npc: 01-08-2011 18:31.

01-08-2011 08:37 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

Whats the use of having a legendary Demonic Club ?

The Agility is too low, you would need to merge for usefull attack rate ...

I have to agree with Paranoia ... Making a good legendary pre and suffixed weapon takes at least half a year ... A gunner saves up stones and buys them from Auction

If 1 handed users get lucky we have an legendary agile Thunderfist of Valour on auction with a price of 50 SS ++ Smile , pretty nice;
but 50 SS from points is 2500 Points which means only the top 50 can afford such a weapon from auction ...

also i consider the drop rates for usefull pre and suffixed melee weapons (two handed and one handed) far too low for the demand ... If you want to have an legendary sharp xxx of pain well there are plenty of those. But they are not even usefull for merging ...

So beside the drop rate, I'm curious what act 3 would bring for 1 handed melee players, as in my eyes legendary weapons are only jewel for high level players (come on 10% crit and 10% dodge while you have a bad chance of getting usefull agility levels and attacks ...) they cost a lot and the bonus is not necessary to get along

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
01-08-2011 18:25 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Phaera

Registration Date: 03-16-2010

I have to agree with Paranoia about the problem.

I must say that I find the effect that 1h legendary melee gives to be a bit underwhelming... Especially for what 1h melee needs help with!

Though I am looking at what the gear and tattoo's give as well... I feel the number of times that any weapon becomes good just because Legendary is on the front end is much more common for any other weapon type than 1h melee.

So here is my fix for the problem (not that it will happen) that does not involve increasing the drop rate: Make the bonus 10% crit, 1 extra attack, and possibly (because of expo mobs defense) 5-10% ignore defense (all with that weapon only), then even Kama's could be usable... swords, axes, daggers, etc. that are all easier to make than thunderfists would all become lots more useful. and best of all, thunderfists would no longer be a must, since they literally have around (depends on the level) double the damage potential of any other 1h mele weapon.

anyway, as it stands now, I flat out do not want a legendary weapons because I want to be able to upgrade them past good +5 at some point. Something must be done!
01-08-2011 22:45 Phaera is offline Search for Posts by Phaera Add Phaera to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

do you know how many legendary 1handed melee weapons ive destroyed. I cant remember

why because putting them in auction wont even give me the stones i will spend on it at +3

drop rate fine just you not getting what you want.. You want legendary weapons pay for them.

As for prefix sufix its hard to get anything like that so stop trying to make it easy ok

as for ignore def no chance. If you got that the 1 handed gun users would want it and ranged.

Oh and while we on about prefix sufix yeah we dont get them on guns but that means we dont get stat bonues like the rest do.
01-08-2011 23:16 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

Registration Date: 07-04-2010

drop rate might be poor but thats to do with the player base size not the coding i would suspect.

and if anything the dodge could be considered overpowered with the right equipment as it would be very easy to get max dodge by combining the 20% from 2 leg 1h weps with a tigers set/twisted set and even easier if you were a monk tattoo too.... now which do you think is more beneficial surviving longer (by dodging) which effects every opponent you encounter and doing more damage that way, or ignoring 20% of someones defence that is only really gonna help against people tanking and half of the mobs?

its not really fair to compare leg 1h melee to the other paths as the others desperately need their legendary bonus to compete (is very hard to hit mobs early with ranged without legendary and the same applies to 1h guns too, and to a lesser extent with 2h melee weps). For example even common prefix/suffixes like light/hitting will add a tonne to your stats when its considered you get 2 of them, i mean name one other type of weapon that can easily at a low level add 60 to your main attacking stat without it being legendary?

now i'm not trying to say you guys didn't get the worst deal because quite frankly it seems you did, what i am trying to say is that you guys needed the least in terms of a buff from act 1 and that no-one really has shown what these weapons are capable of doing.

now forgive me if i am wrong but wouldn't a monk using 2 1h leg weapons with a tigers set on a high level recieve something close to 50% dodge against everything?

25% dodge guns from tat and another 20% from weapons, then 25%+ dodge from tigers set and again 20% from weapons = say 45% dodge against pretty much everything.... not to mention this could be far higher with the inclusion of a twisted set (obviously depends what the dodge cap is, i'm no expert im just pretty much thinking this up as im writing it).

now then if we expand this further and look at other areas of synergy with the monk tat and presume some fairly hefty late game gear (i think this is more than acceptable since only late game players can apparently afford leg 1h melee stuff) then i forsee an insanely powerful tat/build.

P1 tigers bandana, cape and kilt all suffixed with 2x G5 leg demonic TF (even without a suffix) would be insane with a monk. not only do you get teh dodge i mentioned above but you would get a huge damage boost of 1 for every 4 levels for each P1 item, 2 for every 4 levels from your tattoo and on G5 and above your demonic weps would give you 2x 2 for every 4 levels too.... that is a whopping 9 damage for every 4 levels and since you are gonna be well above level 80 to have this kit thats an extra minimum of 9 x (80/4) = 180 extra damage before you even take into account base weapon damage, strength or any damage giving suffixes you might have.

and to top this all off you get +20% crit chance from your 2 legendary weapons plus say 25% from your tigers set meaning a grand total for a high level monk with the equipment above of a minimum of 8 attacks (12 if you're using a P1 tigers cape of speed) at well over 200 - 300 base damage each with a near 50% crit chance and near 50% dodge chance.....

and thats assuming the use of gear i know that some zerkers/assassins already have and the simple aquisition of 2 leg demonic TF would make what seems to me a very powerful build, no? \o_O/

oh and also....

Following things will not be changed in BloodWars:

- Basic chances for dropping items or prefixes/suffixes.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Waaaaaaaaambulance: 01-10-2011 11:26.

01-10-2011 11:25 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Thread Starter Thread Started by Paranoia

quote:
Originally posted by Waaaaaaaaambulance
drop rate might be poor but thats to do with the player base size not the coding i would suspect.

and if anything the dodge could be considered overpowered with the right equipment as it would be very easy to get max dodge by combining the 20% from 2 leg 1h weps with a tigers set/twisted set and even easier if you were a monk tattoo too.... now which do you think is more beneficial surviving longer (by dodging) which effects every opponent you encounter and doing more damage that way, or ignoring 20% of someones defence that is only really gonna help against people tanking and half of the mobs?

its not really fair to compare leg 1h melee to the other paths as the others desperately need their legendary bonus to compete (is very hard to hit mobs early with ranged without legendary and the same applies to 1h guns too, and to a lesser extent with 2h melee weps). For example even common prefix/suffixes like light/hitting will add a tonne to your stats when its considered you get 2 of them, i mean name one other type of weapon that can easily at a low level add 60 to your main attacking stat without it being legendary?

now i'm not trying to say you guys didn't get the worst deal because quite frankly it seems you did, what i am trying to say is that you guys needed the least in terms of a buff from act 1 and that no-one really has shown what these weapons are capable of doing.

now forgive me if i am wrong but wouldn't a monk using 2 1h leg weapons with a tigers set on a high level recieve something close to 50% dodge against everything?

25% dodge guns from tat and another 20% from weapons, then 25%+ dodge from tigers set and again 20% from weapons = say 45% dodge against pretty much everything.... not to mention this could be far higher with the inclusion of a twisted set (obviously depends what the dodge cap is, i'm no expert im just pretty much thinking this up as im writing it).

now then if we expand this further and look at other areas of synergy with the monk tat and presume some fairly hefty late game gear (i think this is more than acceptable since only late game players can apparently afford leg 1h melee stuff) then i forsee an insanely powerful tat/build.

P1 tigers bandana, cape and kilt all suffixed with 2x G5 leg demonic TF (even without a suffix) would be insane with a monk. not only do you get teh dodge i mentioned above but you would get a huge damage boost of 1 for every 4 levels for each P1 item, 2 for every 4 levels from your tattoo and on G5 and above your demonic weps would give you 2x 2 for every 4 levels too.... that is a whopping 9 damage for every 4 levels and since you are gonna be well above level 80 to have this kit thats an extra minimum of 9 x (80/4) = 180 extra damage before you even take into account base weapon damage, strength or any damage giving suffixes you might have.

and to top this all off you get +20% crit chance from your 2 legendary weapons plus say 25% from your tigers set meaning a grand total for a high level monk with the equipment above of a minimum of 8 attacks (12 if you're using a P1 tigers cape of speed) at well over 200 - 300 base damage each with a near 50% crit chance and near 50% dodge chance.....

and thats assuming the use of gear i know that some zerkers/assassins already have and the simple aquisition of 2 leg demonic TF would make what seems to me a very powerful build, no? \o_O/

oh and also....

Following things will not be changed in BloodWars:

- Basic chances for dropping items or prefixes/suffixes.

Basically what you are saying there is that If you itemise for the weapons they are great...

but that setup you mentioned... P+1 tigers cape, kilt and bandanna.... only thing you would actually be able to hit is a worm....

the fact is demonic is amazing yes... but 1h mellee users get gimped agility wise if we dont have a prefix and suffix....

I use a full tigers set myself and yes the dodge is nice and yes it does give you more surviveability but noone in their right mind as a mellee class would use twisted as it gimps you even more.

Im not speaking generally about early game weapons where a simple light of hitting can up your stats im speaking end game...

to make a legedary endgame weapon that is comparable to the non legendary im using at the moment would be hell

I already have 10 attacks, lots of dodge and great crit but it just seems retarded to me that 90% of the non 1h mellee classes are able to craft and use legendary weapons to great effect but no 1h mellee player is able to use a legendary weapon and be better off with the exception of novuenos thatnks to his Leg agile of valour.

quote:

Smile

01-10-2011 13:06 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

end game would have those items such as the kilt, bandana and cape suffixed to provide the extra agility not saying it would hit everything but im sure it would be comparable to what you've got at the moment especially with a few tweaks such as a dancing/elastic set suffixed with youth/levitation to provide more agility?

(given the extra damage of demonic i would think you could afford to forgoe some strength in order to hit things)

that was more an illustration to address those saying they would rather have ignore defence instead of dodge etc, i was trying to point out that if you synergise then what you have is far better than what is being thrown around as a possible change.

i stick by the fact that you guys needed the smallest buff in terms of legendary (those who have the highest drop rates were in desperate need of legendary weapons to make later mobs hittable whereas you guys dont need legendary weps to hit, hence why pretty much all the others got +% chance to hit and you guys didn't) and thats pretty much what you got, your legendary items are designed for very late endgame with options i know some of you are exploring/have explored already rather than the standard cookie cutter builds.

when/if act 3 rolls around you will probably find this addressed but i cant say for sure, im just trying to say that yh you got a raw deal but that by improvising and using outside thinking (as the majority of you do anyway) you can make the mediocre weapons great while you look to find parts for others.

also they've said they will never increase drop rates for prefixes/suffixes so you're kinda stuffed there, you need to make the most out of a "bad" situation since it wont be changed in your favour.

oh and yh you might only be able to hit worms with that set up but since there aren't many successful anubis reports coming through i would've thought a worm farming kit would be optimal for the current times Tongue

01-10-2011 13:43 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

lol i do understand where you are coming from.

BUT

P+1 tigers bandanna of adrenaline i can use at lvl 91

P+1 tigers cape of deathsower lvl 92 i think

Perfect Tiger`s Cape of the Death Sower (+1) CLOSE

Armour
Defence: 1
Effects: REPUTATION +19, AGILITY +61, TOUGHNESS +27, damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 levels, defence -13, all weapons damage +18
Requirements: LEVEL: 100 (135), STRENGTH: 96 (129), AGILITY: 64 (86), CHARISMA: 28 (37)

P+1 tigers kilt of strongman lvl 89

Perfect Tiger`s Kilt of the Strongman (+1) CLOSE

Pants (Only for males)
Defence: 18
Effects: APPEARANCE +19, AGILITY +10, LUCK +4, damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 levels, defence increased by 1 for every 4 levels, TOUGHNESS +10, defence -23, STRENGTH +25
Requirements: LEVEL: 91 (122), STRENGTH: 83 (112), AGILITY: 55 (73), TOUGHNESS: 41 (55)

Using that setup as an assassin with demonic wouldnt work due to the defence on the pants... id NEED a suffix... and if i wanted legendary it would be nigh on impossible....

Dancing of youth/accuracy is a set i could craft now if i really wanted to but then id lack the base strength to use the items i am using now as the titanium bonus is the only thing keeping my items on me.

The devs have said the imbalance will be addressed in act 3 but they have also said we will probs never get act 3 so what does it really matter... this needs to be addressed pre act 3.

oh and i would personally rather have the dodge than the ignore defence due to a friend showing me alot of the mats behind it but the dodge from my set would be enough....

quote:

Smile

01-10-2011 14:23 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

i'd have subbed the strongman suffix on the kilt for dodges myself for the extra agility and punishment effect but to each their own (but i suspect that you use that kilt for hitting hard rather than hitting high). and i can understand wanting to keep the strength jewellery but by the time you can wear that equipment and have got demonic weps the damage boost from them would be equal to if not greater than what you would've gained from the str jewellery (i would suspect anyway, as i said earlier im not basing this on anything more than knowledge i've aquired over the years and am using guesswork for the most part relying on you experts to correct me where needed lol)

yh making a leg demonic tf of suicide would be a right royal pain (not to even start on the requirements) but suicide weaponry is pretty much a necessity for all 1h melee tats it seems (tat pre-requisite on zerker/monk) and is needed to use P1+ kilt/shorts with assassin.

i understand your gripe with it and i agree if the devs decide that they wont impliment act 3 then it should be addressed but you can't deny that when you can wear those pieces of equipment and/or can solve the problem of being able to hit everything using 1h melee then that set will truely own.... to me it seems you get a raw deal of being underpowered until you get your ultimate equipment at which point it switches to drastically overpowered but until someone gets there its hard to comment when one can only speculate Smile

01-10-2011 14:33 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

I do own a very nice piece of equipment that will solve the issues with the defence but the requirements are insane and about on par with demonic (if not a little lower)

Good Agile Thunderfist of Suicide (+5) CLOSE

One-handed melee weapon
Damage: 31 - 93
Effects: Chance to hit -12, attacks per round: 5, AGILITY +34, maximum damage +54, items defence = 0
Requirements: LEVEL: 90 (121), STRENGTH: 72 (96), AGILITY: 90 (121), INTELLIGENCE: 57 (76), KNOWLEDGE: 60 (81)
Value: 144 250 Lgo
Value: Nanites 1147, Mana 3436

alot of assassins that are not using the tigers set need suicide and it lowers their agility by about as much as swapping from elvish to tigers does ...

Also i chose strongman purely for extra damage... i could have merged dodges a long time ago but i though against it as im building for expos not ambushes Wink

and on a side note

quote:
yh making a leg demonic tf of suicide would be a right royal pain (not to even start on the requirements) but suicide weaponry is pretty much a necessity for all 1h melee tats it seems (tat pre-requisite on zerker/monk) and is needed to use P1+ kilt/shorts with assassin.

thats why i made P+2 shorts that are soon to become P+3

quote:

Smile

01-10-2011 14:44 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » 1H legendary weapons ~

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH