Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Optimal Tattoo War? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Optimal Tattoo War? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

Optimal Tattoo War? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This may sound a little to philosophical coming from me,but whatever...

A tattoo war can be done on a 1v1 system,,but how to be sure?

For certain tattoos we know how would a dream set look like. But because that is not able to accomplish,Try this...

Pick 10 characters,of a class best suited to the tattoo path,like this(probably):

Gunman - Cursed One
Sniper - Cursed One
Monk - Beastmaster/Cultist?
Assassin - Most assassins are melee,so go with Beastmaster/Cultist
Black Knight - Cultist
Gangster - Cursed One
Hunter - Absorber
Berserker - Beastmaster
Demon Lord - I really don't know
Collector - I don't know... Again.

Now that we have them,give them the most basic,weakest equipable build.
For example,a BK gets a mace,and armor with just enough defence for the tattoo to work,etc.

And then fight on....

I doubt this will ever be tested,but expressing opinions is always welcome Big Grin (I think)

That's what it is to be slaved

01-06-2011 21:22 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

so wrong, cursed ones suck!!! for a gunman, your best as either a cultist or absober,

thoughtcatchers are great with snipers

black knight as a cultist??? are you on drugs? black night = beastmaster, pure and simple, also works as a thoughtcatcher

ima gonna stop my list there, as i can pick MASSIVE fault with most of yours

IGN: acidic shots
01-06-2011 21:54 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And optimal is also arguable.

This might not be the best example, but im sure a good player with huge resources could make an unbeatable Cursed One Black Knight.

Given the same circumstances, im sure some really controversial mixes could be made unbeatable.

01-06-2011 21:58 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Shaggy-Shane

Registration Date: 11-05-2010
Clan: AS

quote:
Assassin - Most assassins are melee,so go with Beastmaster/Cultist

all wrong mate im thoughtcatcher and im going for that

01-06-2011 21:59 Shaggy-Shane is offline Search for Posts by Shaggy-Shane Add Shaggy-Shane to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Shaggy-Shane
Agro

images/avatars/avatar-288.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Clan: End

I would say that for the hunter tat you would be better off as a cultist.

That is just my opinion, though

Please send offers and msgs to me in-game
01-06-2011 23:01 Agro is offline Search for Posts by Agro Add Agro to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

Thread Starter Thread Started by VomitorY

quote:
Originally posted by Agro
I would say that for the hunter tat you would be better off as a cultist.

That is just my opinion, though

This entire thread is my noobish opinion.... And as a hunter,if act 1,you are pretty good as a cultist... But,in act 2,if absorber,you can use power of blood and a nice Perfect Shuriken of Reaction (+1),you'd surely be a monster Smile

That's what it is to be slaved

01-06-2011 23:27 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

demonfury black knight cultist whats wrong with that ??
look at tiger claw and black rose both cultists and both fantatsic bk's

byt like otnc said with enuff resources and a decent high lvl u could make any tat work no matter hwat race i suppose

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
01-06-2011 23:36 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

I point out that while not advising the tattoo at all, Cesarz has made Collector work for ranged.

01-07-2011 00:21 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
szczepixor

Registration Date: 05-23-2009

well i know alot about BK

so act1 best bk is cultist
act2 best bk is beastmaster

so bad i created my char when there was act1 only ;p

sorry for my language mistakes :/
01-07-2011 06:06 szczepixor is offline Search for Posts by szczepixor Add szczepixor to your Buddy List
Emporium

Registration Date: 12-20-2010

Have you ever even played on UW type servers before ?

Because you pretty have much all of this completely wrong. I'm sorry but this discussion seems pointless with that kind of input of data...

01-07-2011 07:21 Emporium is offline Search for Posts by Emporium Add Emporium to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

I agree as you can be beastmaster who has hunter tattoo and still own alot if you have sweet gear and suck being beastmaster zerker when your gear isnt that good

01-07-2011 09:07 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

All races are good for Ranged ;) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am absorber, hunter tattoo, use shurikens... and this is very good combination... but in time i want to go on cursed 1 - Collector...
Cursed 1 give - chance to hit, perception, block opponent attack(not very important except expos), less HP, less critical hits and less easiness...

but i compensate this from collector : 30% HP, Chance to hit + damage increased 1/4 of LVL(compensate critical hits), and easiness come from level

if you want to use ranged i think you can take cultist(ag+damage+life), absorber(critical+easiness), cursed one(chance to hit+perception), Beastmaster(HP+1 more attack for heavy crossbow), Thoughtcatcher(More HP if you are a hunter)

only Thoughtcatcher i think is not too good for ranged

So OTNC are right you can use anything width good items and resources and don't forgot you must be in a good CLAN

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Grizly: 01-07-2011 09:10.

01-07-2011 09:10 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Clan: BoS

RE: All races are good for Ranged ;) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Grizly
I am absorber, hunter tattoo, use shurikens... and this is very good combination... but in time i want to go on cursed 1 - Collector...
Cursed 1 give - chance to hit, perception, block opponent attack(not very important except expos), less HP, less critical hits and less easiness...

but i compensate this from collector : 30% HP, Chance to hit + damage increased 1/4 of LVL(compensate critical hits), and easiness come from level

if you want to use ranged i think you can take cultist(ag+damage+life), absorber(critical+easiness), cursed one(chance to hit+perception), Beastmaster(HP+1 more attack for heavy crossbow), Thoughtcatcher(More HP if you are a hunter)

only Thoughtcatcher i think is not too good for ranged

So OTNC are right you can use anything width good items and resources and don't forgot you must be in a good CLAN

I completely disagree.

For ranged collector/demonlord, absorber is a must in my opinion, you really need crit chance from power of blood. I have a Leg Good shuriken of reaction +5, but being cultist collector, that is just a piece of junk for me

For hunter i think Thoughtcatcher is optimal, majesty gives extra damage as well as extra hp. Extra damage is really nice when you have 11-12 attacks and high crit chance where crits give 3*normal damage. Cultist might be just as good, extra agility/blood of life

Beastmaster is a complete no-go for anything except melee, strength and extra attack arcana is melee only, and toughness arcana, did you ever see anyone use that?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 01-07-2011 09:35.

01-07-2011 09:34 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

RE: All races are good for Ranged ;) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK! Thanks Nndungu!
I will think twice before change to cursed one...

Nndungu - one of most powerful ranged Pleased experience take down all my monologue Big Grin

01-07-2011 10:01 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Clan: BoS

Ah to be honest, i'm not one of the most experienced ranged, or at least not best. I guess my experience comes mostly from watching the best:

Look at
Cesarz (ranged collector/absorber with p+3 shuriken and p+3 leg shuriken of reaction)
Vlade (hunter/cultist with p+2 leg shuriken of reaction and near optimal equip possible, p+1 elvish cape of deathsower)
Oesebius (hunter/thoughtcatcher with leg p heavy b-bow of reaction, i think thoughtcatcher should use shuriken to get most effect from majesty damage bonus but oese is doing great nonetheless)

I just made p+3 regular shuriken of reaction for fun in siege, ambush and some expos. I mostly use guns.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 01-07-2011 10:38.

01-07-2011 10:37 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Shaggy-Shane

Registration Date: 11-05-2010
Clan: AS

if you think all races are good as anythink depends on what you want to be

01-07-2011 15:09 Shaggy-Shane is offline Search for Posts by Shaggy-Shane Add Shaggy-Shane to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Shaggy-Shane
stonemake

Registration Date: 11-04-2009

for gunman I would choose cultist (searing blood for damage) or absorber (crit arcana).

as for BK beastmaster because of great arcana for melee, somebody said earlier why not cultist?? it is so simple because of you have to look for your defence all time if you want to use searing blood and agility arcana isn't better than 1 extra attack because extra attack will give you nice damage boost and you can manage with no agility arcana anyway Wink also Thoughtcatcher is great for bk because of majesty

01-20-2011 19:52 stonemake is offline Search for Posts by stonemake Add stonemake to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-997.jpg

Registration Date: 12-22-2010
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

for gunman best tattoo is male thoughtcatcher

majesty give hp and dmg
combined with at least 14 attacks its deadly

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 01-20-2011 23:12.

01-20-2011 23:09 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by alyat
for gunman best tattoo is male thoughtcatcher

gunman is absorber hands down....

extra crit when using xxx of speed would be insane

in an expo it would almost negate the negative crit with guns you get

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

01-20-2011 23:12 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-997.jpg

Registration Date: 12-22-2010
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

depends how is toughness of the mop
with more dmg i easily break through the def
and i dont need to hope for crits

01-20-2011 23:17 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

im in agreement with what most are saying that any race can work with any class.

I rolled an absorber 2nd time round with BK and for me its amazing for this path in my view. I can use items at higher levels and reach a higher tattoo level. The weapons i can use are not restriced to items with just crit such as murderous and raditating and i can look at other weapons such as agile for extra attacks or demonic for extra damage.

Perfectly honest you need to look at your tattoo path and decide okay for an example as a bk i want to crit as often as posisble with the highest damage but also take as much damage as possible.

Each race has their own elements for each class which has previously been stated further up Big Grin

Necro knows me as Gjallar
01-21-2011 18:05 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
stonemake

quote:
Originally posted by kralen
im in agreement with what most are saying that any race can work with any class.

I rolled an absorber 2nd time round with BK and for me its amazing for this path in my view. I can use items at higher levels and reach a higher tattoo level. The weapons i can use are not restriced to items with just crit such as murderous and raditating and i can look at other weapons such as agile for extra attacks or demonic for extra damage.

Perfectly honest you need to look at your tattoo path and decide okay for an example as a bk i want to crit as often as posisble with the highest damage but also take as much damage as possible.

Each race has their own elements for each class which has previously been stated further up Big Grin

thats true but you really don't have use for absorber's crit arcana later because if you have 30% crit tattoo and Legendary Good Murderous Two-handed sword (+1) (50% crit) and assault helmet of Adrenaline +5 (8%crit) so then you have already max crit. change which is 85% Wink

01-21-2011 19:15 stonemake is offline Search for Posts by stonemake Add stonemake to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

look no matter what tat path you take absorber is best.

You go bk attack say a beastmaster who uses shadow of the beast so you use 1bp in power absorber the rest in crit blood extra attack and extra crit plus luck

it can be done against any race and the 5 percente eassiness you can equip things other cant and in act 2 it gets even better
01-21-2011 19:24 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by stonemake
quote:

thats true but you really don't have use for absorber's crit arcana later because if you have 30% crit tattoo and Legendary Good Murderous Two-handed sword (+1) (50% crit) and assault helmet of Adrenaline +5 (8%crit) so then you have already max crit. change which is 85% Wink

yep i see what your saying, on the other hand i could focus on weapons with bigger damage than murderous such as demonic for example, and i could look at other helms such as tigers of adrenaline. It works both ways if you see my meaning, i can relate weapons and helms to compensate for others peoples arcanas ;D

01-21-2011 19:26 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
stonemake

quote:
quote:
quote:

yep i see what your saying, on the other hand i could focus on weapons with bigger damage than murderous such as demonic for example, and i could look at other helms such as tigers of adrenaline. It works both ways if you see my meaning, i can relate weapons and helms to compensate for others peoples arcanas ;D

I don't think tiger helm of adre. have enough def for lvl 5 tattoo Wink

01-21-2011 19:33 stonemake is offline Search for Posts by stonemake Add stonemake to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't think tiger helm of adre. have enough def for lvl 5 tattoo Wink

Are you positive about that? Big Grin perfect +1 circlet does increase defence by 1 every 4 levels Big Grin

01-22-2011 21:52 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

absorbers win hands down....

5% easiness is insane higher up....

im lvl 87

Good Tiger`s Cape of the Death Sower (+5) CLOSE

Armour
Defence: -3
Effects: REPUTATION +17, AGILITY +52, TOUGHNESS +25, defence -11, all weapons damage +17, chance for critical hit +27 %, dodge melee +25

Requirements: LEVEL: 84 (114), STRENGTH: 80 (109), AGILITY: 53 (72), CHARISMA: 23 (31)

to wear that as a non absorber you would have to be roughly 4 levels higher than when i can wear it

absorber VS other races

Beastmaster -> 1 extra mellee attack.... HA stolen
Cultist -> searing blood ... more damage for us to hit you with
Thoughtcatcher -> majesty... WE steal YOUR agents
cursed one -> horror? LOL

that and then on top of it we get crit and luck :p

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

01-22-2011 21:58 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

i argee 100 percent absorbers are best or i couldnt wear this am lvl 78

Perfect Cape of the Death
Sower (+1) CLOSE
Armour
Defence: 38
Effects: REPUTATION +19,
AGILITY +38, TOUGHNESS +16,
damage of all weapons increased
by 1 for every 4 levels, all
weapons damage +18, defence
+24
Requirements: LEVEL: 73 (89),
STRENGTH: 76 (92), AGILITY: 71
(86)

i can even wear it at p+3

it doesnt matter which tat we pick we suitable for any of them.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 01-22-2011 23:42.

01-22-2011 23:38 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Absorber is by far one of the best races, just because of the easiness percentage alone. There's been plenty of times where I've said to myself:"Why couldn't I have been absorber, then I could actually wear this NOW..."

I think someone all ready said it, but if you know the strengths of each race and can figure out decent enough equipment, you can use ANY tattoo. The people at the top have proven that. For example, the account tiger_claw started off as a sniper. Then I think he went ranged, then BK (I could be totally wrong with the ranged thing...)

As long as you have the resources and the right equipment, it doesn't matter which race you are for any particular tattoo.

Though, in the end, absorbers tend to trump all in terms of defence/attack. Crit chance, luck plus the ability to swipe other people's arcana...yeah. Kind of makes me want to switch races.

@Paranoia: Actually, you wouldn't steal anything from me since I base my attacks off race. If I DO attack an absorber, I don't use arcana and I make dang sure I can beat them without it. And, I don't have it set in defence so I can't ever have it stolen.

As for the optimal tattoo war, I don't think such a thing could actually exist since people come up with different gear.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-27-2011 19:30 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Optimal Tattoo War?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH