Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Suggestion: We need new players » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Suggestion: We need new players 9 Votes - Average Rating: 8.009 Votes - Average Rating: 8.009 Votes - Average Rating: 8.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wezman1492

Registration Date: 06-17-2009
Race in game: Cultist

Suggestion: We need new players Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK..I have been on here for 2 years soon and the necropolis UK server has diminished greatly in the amount of active players. I pay for premium all the time neccessary and keep my caravan deluxe and shortening etc. I know it is your game and it is a cool one and I appreciate that..but the game needs new people.

In my humble opinion you should maybe run a new ad campaign to reach new players....if you have not already.

Otherwise I feel you will lose more playersFrown

Heres the thing without enough active players there is no way to sell the stuff you don't want to keep up with your stats...and eventually your quest %'s are very low and people get bored...and they quitFrown

IGN=namzew
01-28-2011 02:54 wezman1492 is offline Search for Posts by wezman1492 Add wezman1492 to your Buddy List
Jaliladin

Registration Date: 09-30-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree. A lack of new players is really messing with the economics of this game. Lower and medium level "good" items (not as in prefix but as in general desireability) have bottomed out in value, and it is nigh impossible to sell items that used to have several K in pop value just a couple months ago.

I don't have an issue with first generation players being able to ride an economic advantage (of being able to drop and/or buy better gear and then sell their old sets at a premium), but I agree with Wezman that the player drought affects everyone's enjoyability. Does anyone have any ideas of how to bring in new players?

IGN: Jaliladin
01-28-2011 03:13 Jaliladin is offline Search for Posts by Jaliladin Add Jaliladin to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

RE: Suggestion: We need new players Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wezman1492
OK..I have been on here for 2 years soon and the necropolis UK server has diminished greatly in the amount of active players. I pay for premium all the time neccessary and keep my caravan deluxe and shortening etc. I know it is your game and it is a cool one and I appreciate that..but the game needs new people.

In my humble opinion you should maybe run a new ad campaign to reach new players....if you have not already.

Otherwise I feel you will lose more playersFrown

Heres the thing without enough active players there is no way to sell the stuff you don't want to keep up with your stats...and eventually your quest %'s are very low and people get bored...and they quitFrown

IGN=namzew

Why don't we do it?

The devs have said its not worth spending the money on huge expensive campaigns.

Ive seen one internet banner i think for bloodwars while ive been playing.

So, why don't you reccomend bws to your friends, or think of other ways we can help to increase the circulation of this great game!

I'd participate if someone found a nice way of doing this, with little or no cost.

01-28-2011 03:42 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I could print off a few flyers and stick them around my town. Someone would need to design them though, as I only have MS paint! xD

01-28-2011 05:44 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

You already have an way to advertise BW elsewhere - the links in your profile, FB integration and prolly some others like browser games top lists.

01-28-2011 17:14 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

There are still some working banners made by C47 which can be used. Try to put them in your profile or into your signatures on other forums you are visiting.
Maybe someone literary skilled can write some short game description. Some short summary and differences between Underworld and Necropolis servers and we can make some adverts or to put it into these game top lists for voting.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-28-2011 17:21 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

there are a few ways for people to recruit friends and family to this game, its even a task (z5 i believe) to recruit one other person (on underworld)

it would be a good idea for someone to write a brief description, or even post links to bw wiki.

word of mouth, emails, instant messenger, facebook, just recommend bw as a boredom killer.

01-28-2011 18:07 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
floydster
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-342.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Clan: BoS/V13

All info taken from the BW introduction.

BloodWars is a free MMORPG game, available only on-line.

To begin playing you need only an average computer, up-to-date browser and internet connection.

In the game you incarnate one of thousands of warriors struggling for dominance in the last city on Earth.

As a vampire you wander across wastelands seeking ancient artefacts and fight with other members of vampiric kind in the RPG world.

www.bloodwars.net

Features

* 5 unique races with various vampiric powers called Arcana
* each race possesses 10 unique paths of progress in the form of tattoos
* dynamic character development system
* system of tasks adapting to character level
* unique option to do quests and discover the surrounding world
* possibility to create and develop a clan
* clan armoury available for the best clans
* 5 various city districts called the zones
* possibility to build up your territory (square) with buildings available in each zone
* possibility to besiege other players in order to take over their squares
* clan sieges with more than 60 fighters at the same time!!
* 77 basic items
* 143 item prefixes
* 149 item suffixes
* about 22918 various items to find
* each has 18! levels of quality
* so all in all 412524 unique items!!!
* unique sets of jewellery and armour to collect
* 30 various disposable items
* trade through auctions
* clan events allowing to challenge mythical monsters of vampiric world

And all this organised in a dynamic MMORPG environment, gathering thousands of player at the same time on the same server.
Fascinating story that reveals secrets of the vampiric Underworld as your character develops.
Online help available through forum or interactive tutorial.

www.bloodwars.net

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by floydster: 01-29-2011 21:47.

01-29-2011 20:09 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

The above post is not entirely accurate. I believe it needs updating since legendary update, so there will be more than 400,000 items.

Maybe i am wrong. In another thread i raised a question about this introduction transcript, but it turned out to be outdated and very much in need of an update to become accurate.

01-29-2011 23:37 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

The general formula to count the amount of items:
(No of prefix +1) * (No of items) * (No of suffix +1)
(sum of all items) * 18 (quality lvls) * 2 (legendary)
The numbers of prefixes and suffixes must be +1 since no pref/suf is possible. Quality lvls already include +0.

Helmets: 20*10*19=3800
Ring: 29*3*21=1827
Amulet: 29*5*21=3045
Armour: 17*10*21=3570
Pants: 18*4*16=1152
1h melee: 21*10*23=4830
2h melee: 22*10*19=4180
1h gun: 1*7*1=7
2h gun: 1*7*1=7
Ranged: 1*11*9=99

Sum = 22517
I have no idea where did the number 22918 get from. That's 401 more items...
This needs clarification since I based my calculations on the auction system...

Anyway, 22517*18*2 = 810 612 unique items.

And to the list I'd also add server events.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-30-2011 02:00 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Ichor jnr

Registration Date: 11-19-2010
Clan: Medea

What about advertising on a site like this? I imagine the cost would be small.

http://www.mpog100.com/

Another game I play gives you in game benefits for voting on sites similar to this.

I like unholyemporer's idea too, if someone did make some good looking flyers I could stick them up at my university in the computer suite, that would surely get us a few more players.
01-30-2011 10:04 Ichor jnr is offline Search for Posts by Ichor jnr Add Ichor jnr to your Buddy List
eg0

images/avatars/avatar-610.gif

Registration Date: 10-05-2009
Clan: Sanitarium

Maybe you should get some benefits from referring new players even if they dont buy premium. For example some pop or Lgo if the new ones finish a task.

IGN Necropolis: eg0

01-30-2011 15:25 eg0 is offline Search for Posts by eg0 Add eg0 to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009

quote:
Originally posted by eg0
Maybe you should get some benefits from referring new players even if they dont buy premium. For example some pop or Lgo if the new ones finish a task.

There is something like that in effect right now, when someone clicks on your referal link (the one in the throne room) you get 1000lgo, if they join the game and buy more than 2 weeks worth of premium, then you get a bonus of 1 free day of premium, all depends how much they buy is what you get free Smile

01-30-2011 15:46 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Ichor jnr

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
quote:
Originally posted by eg0

There is something like that in effect right now, when someone clicks on your referal link (the one in the throne room) you get 1000lgo, if they join the game and buy more than 2 weeks worth of premium, then you get a bonus of 1 free day of premium, all depends how much they buy is what you get free Smile

1000lgo isn't alot of motivation for most players, most players get 2000+ per hour for doing nothing. Change it to 1000pop or even 100pop and the server would grow rapidly.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ichor jnr: 01-31-2011 03:05.

01-31-2011 03:02 Ichor jnr is offline Search for Posts by Ichor jnr Add Ichor jnr to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

At the moment, you get pop & premium as far as i am aware!

When they level up or buy premium, you get pop & premmy i think.

01-31-2011 05:51 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
At the moment, you get pop & premium as far as i am aware!

When they level up or buy premium, you get pop & premmy i think.

u get 1 day premmy if they buy 30 day and u get more days the bigger package they buy

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
01-31-2011 09:37 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Miggymop

Registration Date: 06-02-2009
Clan: Khorne

I like the idea that everybody (on premium) have the same baseline. Don't give out pop as a reward for recruting players. You earn your pop in the game...not by recruting or even worse...pay real money for pop. That would screw up the whole game plan I think. A reward in Premium days is fair and much better in my opinium.

I agree to all saying that the game needs more branding. A good thing is to get magazines (paper or internet) to write about the game. Don't have to be a huge article...the important thing is to be there and have the magazines write about BW. Best way is just to get on the phone and call the magazines. I bet they will be interested if someone gave them a proper introduction to the game.

The server is really dying and something needs to be done!

turn on - tune in - drop out
02-01-2011 08:49 Miggymop is offline Search for Posts by Miggymop Add Miggymop to your Buddy List
Enea

Registration Date: 02-14-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [KHORNE]

At one of previous posts someone mentioned FB. How about completely port game in facebook? There are plenty of games there. Majority of them are poor or worse, yet these you can call at least medicore have no problem with deserted servers. I don't know if this helps this particular server, but it's worth a shoot. FB it's a huge market. And BW as a whole, is already transated for few languages.

So it's question for devs. Is porting BW to FB is possible? I meant economics, no tech problems of course.

02-02-2011 01:29 Enea is offline Search for Posts by Enea Add Enea to your Buddy List
sqeshu
squishy mod

Registration Date: 10-03-2007
Clan: UTA aka BC

what ?????

sorry enea, its BW, not farmville or other pig farm

02-02-2011 01:37 sqeshu is offline Homepage of sqeshu Search for Posts by sqeshu Add sqeshu to your Buddy List Add sqeshu to your Contact List
Ichor jnr

I like miggypops idea, all it would take is a little effort. It would be relitively low cost.

Could also try having the vassel task at all zones, that would force players to tell there friends about the game.

I don't like the idea of porting this to facebook, all of those games suck. Some advertising on facebook couldn't hurt though.
02-02-2011 02:21 Ichor jnr is offline Search for Posts by Ichor jnr Add Ichor jnr to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

relatively low advertisement cost? they're not paying that bit extra atm, and trust me, K2M Investment Advisory are doing just fine on what they're making, aint you lads?

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

02-02-2011 02:28 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Jackel

images/avatars/avatar-669.jpg

Registration Date: 12-07-2009
Clan: Sanitarium

Well that doesnt change the fact that the UK Necro server is dying. I mean prices of everything went down by 80% in like 2-3 months. There is almost no PoP out there and everybody can feel it. Basically the entire server is just the old veterans who progress slow and have done all the tasks.

I think there should be a Necro patch. Shouldnt be that hard to do right? And seriously the operators can ask anybody and they would say its needed.

Perhaps something like double PoP(not double exp) from Arena battles? Would sure make that more interresting... With perhaps PoP instead of PoH for PvP in the Arena? Other things could include selling Junk to the system for PoP? Like lets say 1 Junk would be 60 PoP. This price could of course have variants. That would generate more PoP.

Basically a way of getting more PoP into the server before it bleeds out completely. Since I think that the server is in such a bad shape at the moment that even recruiting new players wont balance the server again unless its really massive.
02-03-2011 21:15 Jackel is offline Search for Posts by Jackel Add Jackel to your Buddy List
Moonbootsboy

Registration Date: 07-24-2010

how about giving the lower players access to the clan armoury and market earlier in the game.
it maybe prevent that the below lvl 20 players get bored to fast.

i remember that i really hated it to be not able to buy an item or trade with a buddy at the beginning of the game.

02-03-2011 22:02 Moonbootsboy is offline Search for Posts by Moonbootsboy Add Moonbootsboy to your Buddy List
Ichor jnr

Even just being able to trade form day 1 would make a difference..
02-03-2011 22:44 Ichor jnr is offline Search for Posts by Ichor jnr Add Ichor jnr to your Buddy List
Kreepz

Registration Date: 05-30-2009

tweaking the necro server could help as well as it seems to run with the underworld rules. Make some of the tasks easier eg. the z4 lgo one. Make the cost of bringing stat points up cheaper leaving more pop for the market or even having a different system for lvl'n up stats.

shorten the time of pillgramges down who really wants to spend 6hrs to fail 12 quests (non-prem) you need to get them hooked before they will start paying money for a game
02-04-2011 00:48 Kreepz is offline Search for Posts by Kreepz Add Kreepz to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

Well,in necro,aside the player base,the problem is this :

You can get items in only 2 ways:
- Buying them from someone else
- Questing

With less players,there will be less questing. And with less questing,there will be less trade...

And,we all know that the best items are from pilgrimages.. Maybe fix that,because we do not want this to happen : http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=8b1d9c1f4f (courtesy of Evangelion)

Or maybe,make trade available earlier...

i don't know...
The thing is,necropolis is a forsaken server... Someone need to do something about it.

That's what it is to be slaved

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by VomitorY: 02-04-2011 15:50.

02-04-2011 15:50 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
Originally posted by VomitorY
Well,in necro,aside the player base,the problem is this :

You can get items in only 2 ways:
- Buying them from someone else
- Questing

With less players,there will be less questing. And with less questing,there will be less trade...

And,we all know that the best items are from pilgrimages.. Maybe fix that,because we do not want this to happen : http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=8b1d9c1f4f (courtesy of Evangelion)

Or maybe,make trade available earlier...

i don't know...
The thing is,necropolis is a forsaken server... Someone need to do something about it.

Some of the best items i have seen have been dropped via expedition.

02-04-2011 18:31 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Suggestion: We need new players

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH