Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Arena not taking off... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Arena not taking off... 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dreamdusk

images/avatars/avatar-332.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: BIA / S.S.

Arena not taking off... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is anyone else finding a general apathy towards the weekly arenas? It seems very difficult to get the smaller players interested. Don't know if it's to do with a lack of PoH, or they just couldn't care less.

(Edit) Or maybe because, as they can't get the bigger players to help due to the level restrictions, they realise they'd have to do the work themselves and that would mean actually trying?

Sometimes it doesn't pay to take advice...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dreamdusk: 02-13-2011 20:29.

02-13-2011 20:26 dreamdusk is offline Search for Posts by dreamdusk Add dreamdusk to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well I think its the fear of losing against a human team and saying goodbye to a big chunk of POH.

Thats the main reason I don't join them, as my agility set up is far less than poor for a player of my level.

I only joined this weeks one because a friend asked me to, plus I have a P+1 short kilt that I want to try out vs a golem haha Big Grin

02-13-2011 20:57 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
RobbiePattenx

Registration Date: 12-25-2010
Clan: D.B

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

u know if me going on a white dragon with 2 other..... does tha mean we could vs the best clan on the game while they on there arena cuz tha would be really unfair and if we lose poh for it thats very very unfair ?

02-13-2011 21:00 RobbiePattenx is offline Search for Posts by RobbiePattenx Add RobbiePattenx to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Medea/DB

arena tend to be alot harder than expos. the mobs appear tougher with higher agi perc and/or even hp

theres a small chance of facing another human team and risk of losing poh

some servers have a low source of poh because of no sieges and silly patches so not many want to lose their poh

the level parameters are slightly off, in some arena for example you can have a lvl 50 players up against lvl 60 players, yeah there might be an extra lvl 50 player but the difference in equipment is a major thing as its always the higher agi/perc to hit first

take your pick lol Big Grin but anyway i always join for the fun of it win lose or draw

Necro knows me as Gjallar
02-13-2011 21:38 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

I would say both reasons Dreamdusk stated.
I don't have that much PoH,so i would lose more than i have,basically returning me to ground zero.

Although,if you still want to help the little guys,do it via expo... join someone else's expo,and start your own later...

If i were a big player,i would not do this... The little guys actually,in my case,couldn't care less.... I am a BK,i still have a long way to go before i can hit a WD with my mace.

Taking a little guy with me would be ok for me if it were an expo... The guy needs help,so why not sacrifice a point or 2,possibly more,that i would gain if someone were to start a golem.

But,on arena...
If i were to get a human team,it would basically mean the 4-5 of them,and 1.5 of me.. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

So then,i'm not only sacrificing exp,i'm sacrificing my PoH.

That's what it is to be slaved

02-13-2011 22:45 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Our clan generally has a couple of arenas going each week; I haven't noticed that many lower level ones (white / black dragons), but that could be because the smaller players don't have enough poh to start them as well as trying to do expos during the week etc.

I think a lot of people tend to think of arenas as an "extra" expo; but they aren't. The chance of meeting another team is the same chance as meeting a mob; I suspect it's either a 4-way split between 3 mobs & a team; or more likely 50-50 between any mob & a team - I always tell people to go fully prepared for another team, just in case, but with some mobs that is hard to do.
But this also means taking a full team, rather than just enough to kill the mob; costs more poh.

The level restriction does pose a formidible barrier, especially to clans who do not have a range of players to cater to the demand of people wanting to start arenas.

I still think the arena patch is worthwhile and gets good usage. It may not have been the be all & end all that some people were expecting, but it creates another portion of the game that requires thought & preparation.... maybe that's why some people don't like it. Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
02-14-2011 13:16 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

There are always five to six arenas going on in V13. I think there was a WD a couple of weeks ago, I can't remember but we do get smaller ones now and again.

I think a lot of people in the lower levels are worried about loss of PoH when they DO get a team. Most of the lower levelled folks are in Z4 which means they can't regain PoH by just waiting with a hospital. They actually have to attack other people and use every attack they can in order to even start an expo, never mind an arena.

I don't think it has anything to do with "they can't get the bigger players to help due to the level restrictions, they realise they'd have to do the work themselves and that would mean actually trying?" I've seen a lot of lower level players that are MUCH stronger then one would think, they actually become a HUGE assest in an expo because they're lower level but can deal damage of a much higher level - less PoH usage.

Again, it's the lack of being able to regain the PoH after they potentially lose it in a team battle.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

02-14-2011 17:22 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
RobbiePattenx

im a low leveled player and has a arena nearly everyweek

never come against a team

no1 answered my question could i vs like players in the top 50 ?

02-14-2011 19:52 RobbiePattenx is offline Search for Posts by RobbiePattenx Add RobbiePattenx to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

well

If a bunch of people in the bracket of lower than 25th in the rankings did a noble then yes you could face us.....

Alot of the bigger people i have found do much smaller arenas in the hope of finding small people and crushing them just for PoH....

i stick to RnR's and arachnes though Wink

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

02-14-2011 20:04 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
RobbiePattenx

thats a bit unfair should only be able to find someone tha is going for a mob the same as u or one higher/lower

02-14-2011 20:12 RobbiePattenx is offline Search for Posts by RobbiePattenx Add RobbiePattenx to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by RobbiePattenx
thats a bit unfair should only be able to find someone tha is going for a mob the same as u or one higher/lower

i dont see why its unfair....

arena is a risk dont want to fail dont take a risk Smile

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

02-14-2011 20:33 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
RobbiePattenx

but like cmon, it would be good to have a decent fight :L

02-14-2011 21:40 RobbiePattenx is offline Search for Posts by RobbiePattenx Add RobbiePattenx to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

Stop whining and improve your character then Tongue , you'll have a good fight if you'll know, that you've lost with someone better, and not because your build sux Wink .

quote:
IGN: Atomos

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 02-14-2011 22:15.

02-14-2011 22:14 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

Nothing ventured,nothing gained...
Maybe it would be better if we could only face a team if it's on the same location....

That's what it is to be slaved

02-14-2011 22:41 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
Mikel
godMODe !

images/avatars/avatar-1061.gif

Registration Date: 05-18-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: D.B.

@up:

it work that way already...

you can't fight against team from diffrent location ;p

02-14-2011 22:45 Mikel is offline Search for Posts by Mikel Add Mikel to your Buddy List
RobbiePattenx

mikel, thanks 4 tha... who ever said u could fight anyone was wrong :/

02-15-2011 16:01 RobbiePattenx is offline Search for Posts by RobbiePattenx Add RobbiePattenx to your Buddy List
dreamdusk

images/avatars/avatar-332.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: BIA / S.S.

Thread Starter Thread Started by dreamdusk

quote:
Originally posted by Undivisible

Stop whining and improve your character then , you'll have a good fight if you'll know, that you've lost with someone better, and not because your build sux Wink

Spoken like a true, hard-bitten veteran... Evil

Sometimes it doesn't pay to take advice...

02-17-2011 21:44 dreamdusk is offline Search for Posts by dreamdusk Add dreamdusk to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Registration Date: 01-22-2009
Clan: HLL

RE: Arena not taking off... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I see the same and I can understand low players unwilling to join or start arenas..
But that's why arenas are one of the best improvement in the game!

In arena a bad structured team often loose, vs humans or vs a mob!
There are 2 ways to do arenas:1st is to get experience (And it's where most people get badly hurt) 2nd is to get the best team possible and hope to find an enemy team!

I prefefer the second one, and honestly arenas are a nice source of POH to me, I like to go there to hunt for enemy teams ;p
Too many players try the highest arena they can do and go with a team who can badly beat the mob... they are easy preys!

What's bad with it? It's an arena, you see? Like gladiators in the Coliseum.. one wins, the other loose, those who wins get fame, the others loose everything!
If you're scared to fight don't quit your estate, it's plenty of blodthirsty undeads out there!
02-21-2011 20:35 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Arena not taking off...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH