Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009
Race in game: Absorber

Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am in the odd position where I actually am in a relationship for this Valentine's Day, and this lady might be a keeper, so I would like to do something interesting for her. What are your views on this plan?

1) She is fond of Creme Eggs. She loves them more than life itself.

2) She loves the chocolate of the white variety.

3) I just bought a box of 48 Creme Eggs.

4) I just bought a easter egg mould 8 inches tall and about 3.5 inches in diameter.

5) I just bought a kilo of white chocolate.

6) I'll melt the chocolate, then brush it on the egg moulds in loads of layers to make a proper egg shell.

7) I'll sit for hours cutting the creme eggs open and scopping the goo into the 2 halves of the mould.

8 ) I'll put this in the freezer to harden (to make sure the goo doesn't drip out for the next bit).

9) I'll stick the two sides together by sealing the edge with more white chocolate.

10) Wrap the final product in foil.

11) RESULT! I have a massive, white chocolate Creme Egg!

What does everyone think? I'll post pictures as I make it once the things are delivered Smile

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

01-24-2011 16:55 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

RE: Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

TBH mate, brilliant.

Even if it goes wrong i think she'll love you for it as it shows you know what she likes and put in effort and not just bought items.

Well done mate

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
01-24-2011 17:03 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by LucifersAngel
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool, anyone else got any ideas for Valentine's Day?

EZLN

01-24-2011 17:11 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OMFG... im gonna steal that but not for valentines day... just for giggles....

... single red rose and chocolates... simplistic says more than alot of things Wink

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

01-24-2011 17:14 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

If you gave that to me for valentine's, I'd definitely give you some good lovin'. Big Grin

Post pics when its done, I wanna see it & dream.

Also post pics of the vomit-pool that is likely to be produced after you've both munched your way through all that choclatey-goo. Tongue Big Grin

Valentine's is a tricky one; Kal & I don't really do "Hallmark" anniversaries; but obviously if there is chocolate in the equation then you'd have to fight us both off with a sh*tty stick!

So what will probably happen is:
1) Quick visit to Hotel Chocolat - buy anything!
2) The two of us feast like crazed savages, ending up with choc smeared everywhere.
3) The beast with 2 backs rears its guttural head.
4) Followed by a period of elongated cuddling & snoozing.

We are true romantics! Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-25-2011 13:17 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

hmm chocolate smeared everywhere eh Wink

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

01-25-2011 13:19 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
hmm chocolate smeared everywhere eh Wink

does lisa like chocolate? Wink

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

01-26-2011 01:09 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

That mate, sounds DELICIOUS!!!! Big Grin

I may do that also, but I have no girlfriend, I'm just a fat bugger who likes chocolate! xD

01-26-2011 02:42 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
LucifersAngel
Lord

Phase one complete. First package just arrived in the post Wink

EDIT: Yeah, I had a Cadbury's van outside my house. Proudest moment of my life.

EZLN

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by LucifersAngel: 01-26-2011 11:16.

01-26-2011 11:15 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

lol thats epic :L whats the middle gonna look like though ?Tongue

its still really cool Smile id probably just keep it cause its a massive creme egg Tongue
01-26-2011 13:35 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

That is absolutely brilliant.

I have no idea what's going on Valentine's Day. I never do. And that's the fun part. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-27-2011 19:13 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
LucifersAngel
Lord

Phase 2 is currently postponed due to my mould not arriving on time... Damn delivery dates! Why can't you be accurate?!

EZLN

01-27-2011 21:25 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

Heart shaped arrow through your darling's heart seems nice idea ,so much pictures about it ...
EDIT: Tho LucifersAngels idea seems nice too

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Bat: 01-27-2011 23:33.

01-27-2011 23:32 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

Here we go. Original idea changed slightly. This is in response to an in-joke between me and her about a mythical "Creme Egg Dragon" which lays Creme Eggs (kinda like the Soup Dragon idea from the Clangers).
Anyway, here's what I got up to today Wink

First picture again. THE CREME EGGS!

Re-wrapping the box in brown paper

Heated the knife and carefully sut the egg along the seam

I now have 2 halves! Big Grin

Filling the egg halves (about 13 creme eggs for each half)

Whilst those are in the fridge, I tea-stain some thick paper and dry it under the grill to brown and age it...

...and set about distressing the box whilst those were being dried

WARNING DANGEROUS CONTENTS

Now to singe them with the flames of the 'dragon' (it was dangerous aquiring these eggs you know Wink )

The above reads:
"I feel as though I should warn you of the great perils you face with these artifacts. You have been warned.
Toki Swiftblade

Contents:
* One specimen of incredibly rare and ancient power - Egg of the Greater Creme Egg Dragon (Albino)

*Twenty-two specimens of rare and dangerous power - Eggs of the Lesser Creme Egg Dragon

*Treasures (captured) of the afforementioned..."

The treasures - ingots of gold and silver (foil over white chocolate)

Now the two sides were cool enough to not pour out when I joined them, I melted some white chocolate and pasted it liberally around the edge

Now to wrap it up with the carefully kept Creme Egg wrappers

And package it up Smile

TAH DAH! Big Grin

EZLN

02-15-2011 15:48 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Abbot

Registration Date: 12-14-2010
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V13

nice dude! did she like it?
02-15-2011 16:47 Abbot is offline Search for Posts by Abbot Add Abbot to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

No idea yet, I finished it today and I'm driving up on Saturday to give it to her. The original plan was ruined when the egg mould didn't turn up and I had to buy an egg at the weekend so I couldn't mail it up on time. She still doesn't know that this even exists. (I prevented disappointments by sending her a rose and letter on Monday in the meantime Tongue )

EZLN

02-15-2011 17:18 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

Looks brilliant :') she better like that after all the effort haha what a great idea though best of luck! Big Grin

02-16-2011 19:26 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

I'm not that kind of a guy but if i'd be a girl i'd definitely like it

02-17-2011 00:16 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

That is freaking awesome. I would absolutely love something like that...then promptly get sick off all that chocolate...lol

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

02-17-2011 02:40 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH