Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Premium incentives » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Premium incentives 6 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bocochoco

Registration Date: 01-07-2011

Premium incentives Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think this area is really lacking in incentives.
Sure a normal premium account is great as it is but should there be more options to buy with days of premium so the server can get a little extra running money.
I just worry about what if one day I log on and I get a 404 not found because we all ran out of money.

These all have probably been suggested before so don't get all mad at me I'm just throwing some top of my mind suggestions.

10 days premium for a 10% luck boost for 10-30 days

10 days premium for a random stat boost for 10-30 days only use able after expiration.

Maybe hidden items only user knows about like

100 days premium for a cloaking device or something that when your sieged for a takeover it nulls it 1 time then is useless...imagine the looks on the faces of the opposing clan when the message says somehing like "Your troops marched through the wilderness for days on end with bloodlust in their hearts and stomachs devoid of nutrients when you came upon a barren rock with neither friend nor foe to be found. You begin the arduous task of marching back towards the line of no return your crossed halfway to your lost destination"

Idk come up with some ideas in this thread...if anything for fun just to be creative. Show your desire to better an already great game.

http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?a=profile&uid=28082
02-23-2011 08:21 bocochoco is offline Homepage of bocochoco Search for Posts by bocochoco Add bocochoco to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

10 days of premium could work in ritual aswel

02-23-2011 09:17 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd happily spend 20-50 premium days to get a month-long permanent upgrade chance improvement.

02-23-2011 12:58 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Lmao would we all.

Everybody would be trying for P+5 items and getting them for the sake of 50days prem.

Now say 30-40days perm for the next ONE upgrade to be 100% would be tempting.
02-23-2011 14:10 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Now say 30-40days perm for the next ONE upgrade to be 100% would be tempting.

i would pay that time and time again not a problem at all

id have UBER gear within an hour LOL

if this came into effect, it should be limited to how many times it can be used to say like twice a month

otherwise richer players would just take off and pwn the living hell out of the whole server with immense ease

IGN: acidic shots
02-23-2011 14:16 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: The Source

Pay to win springs to mind

They will never let an exchange of somet that cost real money to benefit that kind of stuff or at least i hope not, bad path to go down

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

02-23-2011 14:22 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by Murderous
Pay to win springs to mind

They will never let an exchange of somet that cost real money to benefit that kind of stuff or at least i hope not, bad path to go down

i agree!
once ppl can pay for even 1 free upgrade it will ruin the game.
how many ppl in the 1st day even of that been implemented would suddenly have perfect an p+1 items??

it would take away the most challenging part of the game

the merging
gathering stones to waste in ritual and to throw at rng for been a numpty
an so on.....

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
02-23-2011 15:12 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
bocochoco

Thread Starter Thread Started by bocochoco

You're all talking about 100% boost....I never said anything like that. Oh noes that would destroy the game.
Maybe 10 random stats across board for 10 days worth for 30 days. Use able only once a month. Would get lwr level members to possibly utilize.
And never anything more than 10 luck...Lord no 100%

02-23-2011 15:16 bocochoco is offline Homepage of bocochoco Search for Posts by bocochoco Add bocochoco to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
I'd happily spend 20-50 premium days to get a month-long permanent upgrade chance improvement.

I meant like a 5-10% chance boost, not 100%.

OR

How about if you could pay premium to 1) get rid of the 'lose a level' when failing an upgrade from +0 to Good, 2) item only drops 1-2 levels when failing a lucky upgrade from Good to Perfect?

02-23-2011 15:24 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Murderous
Triple Ace

ANY kind of boost for real money is a bad idea... end of

Want an extra 5% chance? Spend 5% more stones or whatever it would work out to be

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 02-23-2011 22:26.

02-23-2011 22:19 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
Waaaaaaaaambulance

Registration Date: 07-04-2010

no, just no lol

the day anything like this is introduced is the day that the small player base this server has dies completely in my books.

02-23-2011 22:25 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Waaaaaaaaambulance
no, just no lol

the day anything like this is introduced is the day that the small player base this server has dies completely in my books.

Ofcourse it will, many games use options to pay for things like "points" as a way for thr Admins to secure more money as the rich will just scrounge their way to the top
02-23-2011 22:27 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Medea/DB

quote:
Originally posted by Waaaaaaaaambulance
no, just no lol

im in agreement here i have just started over a new character and i wouldnt want to buy my way through small incentives keep the game the way it is in that sense

Necro knows me as Gjallar
02-23-2011 22:28 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Gat

images/avatars/avatar-696.gif

Registration Date: 11-23-2009
Clan: S.S.

perhaps you could buy badges with premium!
of course, in order to keep it within reason, that option can be available after you are like 10 levels more that the level needed to start the expo. in that way, frustration can be gone with some precious (for the devs) euros!

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-23-2011 23:58 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Gat
perhaps you could buy badges with premium!
of course, in order to keep it within reason, that option can be available after you are like 10 levels more that the level needed to start the expo. in that way, frustration can be gone with some precious (for the devs) euros!

i really hope dat was a joke.......

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
02-24-2011 00:00 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Gat

images/avatars/avatar-696.gif

Registration Date: 11-23-2009
Clan: S.S.

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al

First, no, its not a joke (almost, at least!)
If you are level 50 and still dont have white badge or lvl 71 without noble badge, the option of like 180 days of premium for badge will sound better than still trying.
Second, your post is not adding anything, only spamming/trolling.

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-24-2011 01:05 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Mikel
godMODe !

images/avatars/avatar-1061.gif

Registration Date: 05-18-2009
Clan: D.B.

Whole idea of ingame profits for real money is just stupid.

I know that everyone got problems with some things in game, and few ppl [or % of ppl playing] would like to just pay for resolve. But it would be too easy. I wouldn't enjoy the game, when I work hard to get something, and someone can just BUY same result. Even if it cost 1 milion premium days it's just unfair compared to ppl who want to play for free [or just for premium]. Badges now, what's later? Place in ranking? Or resurecting mobs in location?

C'mon, it's just a game.

People who have too much money can visit this website

Or just buy WOSP heart like Evangelion and CESARZ on r1UK Tongue

02-24-2011 01:34 Mikel is offline Search for Posts by Mikel Add Mikel to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Gat
quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al

First, no, its not a joke (almost, at least!)
If you are level 50 and still dont have white badge or lvl 71 without noble badge, the option of like 180 days of premium for badge will sound better than still trying.
Second, your post is not adding anything, only spamming/trolling.

badges take time to get and should never be possible to buy
if u cant get ur badges the normel way u dont deserve them simple as

ur idea is just another of many that would destroy the game

02-24-2011 11:21 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

10 days premium for a 10% luck boost for 10-30 days

only suggestion i wouldnt mind if it was implemented should be more expensive though also should be a set number i.e. 10 instead of 10%

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

02-24-2011 16:13 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

quote:
Originally posted by Mikel
Whole idea of ingame profits for real money is just stupid.

I know that everyone got problems with some things in game, and few ppl [or % of ppl playing] would like to just pay for resolve. But it would be too easy. I wouldn't enjoy the game, when I work hard to get something, and someone can just BUY same result. Even if it cost 1 milion premium days it's just unfair compared to ppl who want to play for free [or just for premium]. Badges now, what's later? Place in ranking? Or resurecting mobs in location?

C'mon, it's just a game.

People who have too much money can visit this website

Or just buy WOSP heart like Evangelion and CESARZ on r1UK Tongue

My thoughts exactly.

02-24-2011 19:01 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

This thread should be closed, its not only stupid but never going to happen

How about i give 180 days of prem to become "The Dark Lord" and go into ActIII lol

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 02-24-2011 19:32.

02-24-2011 19:30 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
bocochoco

quote:
This thread should be closed, its not only stupid but never going to happen

How about i give 180 days of prem to become "The Dark Lord" and go into ActIII lol

How about them finally releasing it lol.
I didn't expect anything out of this I just wanted to open a dialogue to get the feelings of the game over long standing members and newbies alike.

Personally there can be other options available that don't ruin the game. We just need to come up with them.

The overall consensus is that stat boosts for cash would ruin the game.
What about random donations?

02-24-2011 20:36 bocochoco is offline Homepage of bocochoco Search for Posts by bocochoco Add bocochoco to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

Random donations for what? I do NOT wants anything in return for cash other than prem and shortening.

You can randomly donate any real cash to me at any random time you want

quote:
Murderous pwnz!

02-24-2011 22:56 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
bocochoco

quote:
Random donations for what? I do NOT wants anything in return for cash other than prem and shortening.

You can randomly donate any real cash to me at any random time you want

Idk random donations without buying permium...I know don't make sense but maybe some people REALLY love this game and want to give more than a few dollars to help out the server

02-25-2011 02:54 bocochoco is offline Homepage of bocochoco Search for Posts by bocochoco Add bocochoco to your Buddy List
Mikel
godMODe !

images/avatars/avatar-1061.gif

Registration Date: 05-18-2009
Clan: D.B.

@bocochoco

From Premium account -> [ EXTEND PREMIUM ] -> International Transfer:

quote:
The transfered amount differs from the one given above [30 PLN]*. In this case we reserve the right not to return the discrepancy as it'll be treated as a donation. If the discrepancy is less than 9 PLN then it'll always be treated as a donation.

*added by me, but that's the amount "given above"

So if you really want to donate BW, just pay more for premium Tongue

02-25-2011 11:02 Mikel is offline Search for Posts by Mikel Add Mikel to your Buddy List
bocochoco

quote:
Originally posted by Mikel
@bocochoco

From Premium account -> [ EXTEND PREMIUM ] -> International Transfer:

quote:
The transfered amount differs from the one given above [30 PLN]*. In this case we reserve the right not to return the discrepancy as it'll be treated as a donation. If the discrepancy is less than 9 PLN then it'll always be treated as a donation.

*added by me, but that's the amount "given above"

So if you really want to donate BW, just pay more for premium Tongue

thanks...I did not see that before

02-25-2011 17:15 bocochoco is offline Homepage of bocochoco Search for Posts by bocochoco Add bocochoco to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

The problem with adding new premium services is that we may end up having a game only for rich kids who can afford to spend a lot of money on it. I don't think it's a good design to allow people to get to 1st place on rankings just by spending money. That's why we'd rather premium services were making the game more "convenient" and not easier. I see that the borderline might be thin sometimes but you're not likely to see for example "upgrades for money" feature.

02-28-2011 12:06 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
The problem with adding new premium services is that we may end up having a game only for rich kids who can afford to spend a lot of money on it. I don't think it's a good design to allow people to get to 1st place on rankings just by spending money. That's why we'd rather premium services were making the game more "convenient" and not easier. I see that the borderline might be thin sometimes but you're not likely to see for example "upgrades for money" feature.

best news EVER!!!!!!!

Almost missed it.
Warning for spam.
Evan.

02-28-2011 17:55 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Emporium

Registration Date: 12-20-2010

Life is by definition unfair, and people with more money than others will always get the advantage over them.

I have a lot of issues with this game, and I have a lot of issues with how the dev team behaves on subjects relating to marketing, business ethics, etc.

But there is one thing which I do not have a problem with : their current level of premium content. More premium options giving you an edge on others ingame would simply be ridiculous.

02-28-2011 18:07 Emporium is offline Search for Posts by Emporium Add Emporium to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

Thanks Szeszej. I agree with you entirely.
Warning for spam.
Evan.

02-28-2011 20:07 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

what colour is your nose franz?

Warning for SPAM.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

03-01-2011 00:33 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by smierc

Warning for SPAM.

LOOOOL

but on point, the call was right, if i had the option to pay to a promised upgrade, would i use it?? damn right, if i could pay to get a mob when the res costs are maxed out, would, bet your sweet bottom i would. HOWEVER!!!! this would be unfair to players who cant afford to do that, e.g school kids and such

good call devs

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by demonfury v2: 03-01-2011 15:51.

03-01-2011 15:49 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Tempest

images/avatars/avatar-358.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

quote:
Originally posted by smierc

Warning for SPAM.

Thanks Smierc I agree with you entirely !!!

quote:
Originally posted by Franz
My thoughts exactly.

Paying to res mobs is an epic p take imo

In Game Name TEMPEST

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Tempest: 03-01-2011 17:47.

03-01-2011 17:33 Tempest is offline Search for Posts by Tempest Add Tempest to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

question has been asked and answered over again

closed this thread of fail

03-02-2011 08:18 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Premium incentives

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH