Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Building Easiness » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Building Easiness 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Building Easiness Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Should it extend to Money/People/Blood requirements as well as stats?

I've made some suggestions that fall to pieces under scruitiny, not sure myself if it's an obvious game breaker or a half decent way to make for a more satisfying late game.

As a lot of people find, the game sloooooows down at later levels. Before the overrall easiness was implemented it looked hopeless to play up to a point (very happy with the change).

Would this help?

Would it make late game players too strong?

At a glance, it makes square building more viable late, which in turn could lead to square wars at lower stages (even creating desirable z4 squares, as opposed to holding areas).

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
03-09-2011 20:35 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by theheraldofogc
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No bites yet?

People are in much higher demand now thanks to ritual fo sacrifice. Something like this seems appropriate the more I think about it.

03-10-2011 16:17 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i like this idea and it makes perfect sense

easiness is easiness, it shouldnt only effect certain aspects of building, it should effect all of it, same as using items, it makes every requirement needed, not just the level.

good thread mate, i hope the devs see this and take a bit of action Smile

IGN: acidic shots
03-10-2011 16:31 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Well to be fair it makes sense.

But whether that correlates to implementation i don't know.

I mean, it does say reduces "requirements", which to me would include people & blood etc.

But, i think for example on brothel, the LGO cost is there for a reason. a 50% reduction through easiness would be a bit too helpful, saving 700k lgo on level 14. If they made easiness effect resource cost, they would probably raise initial resource cost.

03-10-2011 17:45 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: The Source

People, blood and lgo isnt a requirement

UPGRADE TO LEVEL 24
Cost: 12 446 Lgo, 495 177 people
Requirements: INTELLIGENCE: 47 (51)
Time of construction: 7 hour(s) 10 min. 37 sec.
Effect: +49 people / h

Its a cost, easiness shouldnt affect the cost whatsoever

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 03-10-2011 18:39.

03-10-2011 18:38 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
theheraldofogc
Viking

About the Brothel...

How many years would it take to give you a return compared to how much you spent on it for an increase at the higher levels?

Somebody tried working it out a while back and it was laughable.

You're basically building it for whoever takes the square off you, or for whoever gets it once you quit.

Unless there's a bug or exploit that can let you rocket to a silly Easiness (while still having high enough stats to actually upgrade) this suggestion doesn't seem busted.

03-10-2011 23:45 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

i like the idea specially cause the return rate on buildings is exstremly high think was worked out to be nearly 100 years
03-11-2011 12:59 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Well, to give you an example of the Brothel payback:

BROTHEL (LEVEL 15)
Currently prostitution is a very good source of income. In order to generate income every vampire enforces monopoly on services for gentlemen and ladies.

Effect: +1542 Lgo / h

UPGRADE TO LEVEL 16
Cost: 6 553 600 Lgo, 983 040 people
Requirements: REPUTATION: 53 (6Cool , INTELLIGENCE: 40 (51)
Time of construction: 1 hour(s) 24 min. 45 sec.
Effect: +308 Lgo / h

So to upgrade to level 16 costs 6 553 600 Lgo.
To get that back at a rate of 308 lgo/h it would take approx 887 days to be back in "profit". Assuming you didn't lose any along the way.

And that's only at level 16 Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MYRKUL: 03-11-2011 13:03.

03-11-2011 13:02 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
Emporium

Registration Date: 12-20-2010

Maybe the game could offer the possibility to make CDS's and CDO's which would have a high rate of return depending on the risk players are accepting to take for their square, these CDS and CDO's could be backed up by a market where people would exchange derivatives based on the risk they're willing to accept and the value they believe these would have if another player was to take the square, in which case the previous user would default on the CDOs but liabilities would be transfered to the new buyer.

Oh wait ...

03-11-2011 13:20 Emporium is offline Search for Posts by Emporium Add Emporium to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008
Race in game: Absorber

just to add to brothel i think it should genarate ppl but at a low rate since accidents can happen lol
03-11-2011 17:55 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Emporium
Maybe the game could offer the possibility to make CDS's and CDO's which would have a high rate of return depending on the risk players are accepting to take for their square, these CDS and CDO's could be backed up by a market where people would exchange derivatives based on the risk they're willing to accept and the value they believe these would have if another player was to take the square, in which case the previous user would default on the CDOs but liabilities would be transfered to the new buyer.

Oh wait ...

either that makes no sense or im being stupid (probably the latter)

but buildings should definately be cheaper the prices on my old square were ridiculous i could get the stats easy but never had enough people to upgrade

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

03-13-2011 01:14 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Clan: BoS

I like this idea, I mean I havent upgraded a building 6+ months mainly because the costs are so extreme.

quote:
Originally posted by darc
just to add to brothel i think it should genarate ppl but at a low rate since accidents can happen lol

Hahahahaha! Yeah a small people bonus would be humourous

03-13-2011 03:36 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Emporium

Registration Date: 12-20-2010

quote:
Originally posted by necrol
quote:

Oh wait ...

but buildings should definately be cheaper the prices on my old square were ridiculous i could get the stats easy but never had enough people to upgrade

Credit Default Swaps, Collaterized Debt Obligations ? Subprime mortgages, and financial bubble ? It was a joke but I guess without knowledge of the financial products that caused the world wide financial crisis it's maybe not easy to understand.

I thought it was pretty funny Big Grin

03-13-2011 08:25 Emporium is offline Search for Posts by Emporium Add Emporium to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by necrol
quote:

Oh wait ...

Credit Default Swaps, Collaterized Debt Obligations ? Subprime mortgages, and financial bubble ? It was a joke but I guess without knowledge of the financial products that caused the world wide financial crisis it's maybe not easy to understand.

I thought it was pretty funny Big Grin

Funny like a physist with a red bumper sticker that reads "if this sticker is blue we're going too fast" Tongue Good for a giggle if you get it.

03-14-2011 01:15 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Building Easiness

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH