Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld gunman alternative setup » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page gunman alternative setup 9 Votes - Average Rating: 7.009 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grind
Double Ace

Registration Date: 01-22-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HLL

Angry gunman alternative setup Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

every gunmen on this server seem to have abandoned this idea..
but I keep using the deadly set instead of the "classic" p+1 bandanna of xxx p+1 elvish cape and p+1 kilt of sheperd
Here is my current expo equipment

Legendary Perfect Deadly Bandanna of the Shepherd (+1)
UNEQUIP
Legendary Good Deadly Cape of the Assassin (+5)
UNEQUIP
Good Solar Tie of Strength (+3)
UNEQUIP
Good Solar Signet (+5)
UNEQUIP
Good Solar Signet of Strength (+5)
UNEQUIP
Good Deadly Shorts of the Shepherd (+5)
UNEQUIP
Legendary Perfect Scorpio
UNEQUIP
Legendary Good Scorpio (+5)
UNEQUIP

As expo gear, at least for an absorber, can be more effective of the p+1 elvish cape version, as I some get critical bonus through power of blood so I can drop the elvish. The main advantage are that deadly set gives an extra strike for each weapon at g+5 (maybe more at p+x ???) and that the deadly prefix gives you extra damage.
The main drawbacks is that you have defence near 0, and that deadly requires more strenght and lvl. That's why I tried to use legendary stuff to enjoy the 20% easyness, but it's really hard to merge such things. So you need solar suffixed pieces, and you must drop the solar at p+1 idea for a little while.
As soon as I'll get my cape at p+1 (all parts ready, just an upgrade from g+5 to perfect away) that will let me do an incredible amount of damage, with no losses in percetion like orchid would do, + the extra strike x weapon.

Legendary Perfect Deadly Cape of the Assassin (+1) CLOSE

Armour
Defence: 14
Effects: REPUTATION +19, AGILITY +32, TOUGHNESS +3, damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 levels, all weapons damage +25
Requirements: LEVEL: 82 (107), STRENGTH: 68 (89), AGILITY: 54 (71), Your character must be in act: 2
Value: 212 875 Lgo
Value: Nanites 1397, Mana 4494

The expo setup I am working to for my lvl 89-90 (where I should be able to use the kilt at p+1) is the following:

Legendary Perfect Deadly Bandanna of the Precognition (+1)
Legendary Perfect Deadly Cape of the Assassin (+1)
Good Solar Tie of Pilgrim (+5)
Good Solar Signet of xxx (wisdom or what will be needed to equip the kilt) (+5)
Perfect Deadly Kilt of the Shepherd (+1)
02-21-2011 11:46 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

pretty much what diablo was working on but never got to finish....

your just doing it 10 levels sooner Wink

very very sexy setup.....

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

02-21-2011 11:50 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by grind
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know, we all miss Diablo!!

Another variant, always involving legendary items but much easier to achieve could be the following one

legendary p+1 deadly bandanna of caution
legendary p+1 deadly cape
p+1 deadly kilt (no idea of requirements)
p+1 solar set (no suffix needed)
2x perfect skorpios

Perfect Deadly Cape (+1)
Defence: 14
Effects: REP +19, AGI +10, TOU +3, all wpns dmg inc by 1 per 4 levels, all wpns
dmg +14
Requirements: LVL: 96, STR: 84, AGI: 44
Value: 195 300 Lgo
Value: Nanites 1118, Mana 3370

So a legendary one is not that hard to merge and can be used early and without strenght from jewelry.

An absorber around lvl 80 would need no strenght suffix on jewelry to use that, thus getting 20 strikes instead of my current 18. No idea if a plain p+1 deadly kilt can be used and equipped easily. But 20 strikes is something never seen on this server..
and is quite sexy too for those who like to see plenty of times their name on expo reports ;p

Do anyone have an idea of requirements for a plain p+1 deadly kilt?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 02-21-2011 15:44.

02-21-2011 12:57 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

If you already have a leg deadly bandana of shepherd why do you want to switch to caution? Strength requirements aren't any better, also I don't think it's a good idea to give up on solar jewellery of strength, possibility of equiping deadly kilt of sheperd, and deadly bandana of precognition one day is way more better imo.

quote:
IGN: Atomos

02-21-2011 13:26 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

I am not giving up on the other setup, I supposed "caution" suffix just because kilts need toughness, while deadly prefix kills it! If I would switch sheperd into something I'd change into senses, but I prefer to keep as it is, because it can be used with twisted set too..and create a precognition one ex novo.
But if you want to use solar at p+1 you cannot wear deadly bandanna of precognition unless you're lvl 100 or similar, you can't train strenght that high, so only choices would be legendary deadly of caution or sheperd!
Each lvl range has the best items suit for it..
And perception is useful, but not against any mob. I see almost everybody use a bandanna increasing perception but when you want to hit a basilisk or a melee player you could also choose other suffixes.

Same for kilt... of course p+1 deadly kilt of sun/sheperd would be better, but as long as I can't use for at least 5 lvl, I'll probably merge a p+1 deadly kilt without suffix just to enjoy the +1 damage every 4 lvl effect and merge the sheperd one only when I can make some use of it!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 02-21-2011 13:59.

02-21-2011 13:49 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Can you post your throne damage stats,

i.e.

Damage:

10*120-122
10*118-120

Or whatever your actual stats are Smile

Cheers.

Also, your setups are fantastic & you clearly have great knowledge of both intuitive setups to do well, & merging.

Cant wait to see you complete your plans, & the resulting expo reports!

A few reports from the now would be lovely to see anyway Tongue

02-21-2011 14:25 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC

A few reports from the now would be lovely to see anyway Tongue

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=9c6dfd89a6

There ya go! Hahaha!

Grindy, I attacked you solely to post this report here. Smile

02-21-2011 14:37 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
grind
Double Ace

Damage

9× 176 - 201 Legendary Perfect Scorpio
9× 171 - 194 Legendary Good Scorpio (+5)

DEFENCE 21
STRENGTH 77
AGILITY 79
TOUGHNESS 21
APPEARANCE 110
CHARISMA 46
REPUTATION 85
PERCEPTION 157
INTELLIGENCE 46
KNOWLEDGE 49

Thks to the 20% easyness from legendary, upgrading 1 point of strenght I could already use cape at p+1 without solar tie of strenght, and I could this way merge solar tie of strenght and twisted tie of pilgrim into solar tie of pilgrim, for extra damage.

Here some expo reports, vs a chicken and vs a lizard
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=bfc0659fe2
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=abeb0417c3
I think as soon as I'll finish with my cape the difference with the elvish cape setup will start to be relevant.

By the way I wonder why on this server legendary sets give no extra bonus like in other servers, as here it's much harder merge such stuff and players get no other advantage than the 20% easyness for everything it's not a weapon.
Pretty stupid in my opinion!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 02-21-2011 15:48.

02-21-2011 15:22 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
DraGan

Registration Date: 11-02-2009

No offence to you and to your build, your build is meant for absorbers only, if any other race embraces that build it will have a huge lack of criticals.

02-21-2011 16:32 DraGan is offline Search for Posts by DraGan Add DraGan to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

RE: gunman alternative setup Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by grind

As expo gear, at least for an absorber, can be more effective of the p+1 elvish cape version, as I some get critical bonus through power of blood so I can drop the elvish.

Tongue
I know this very well.. and for anyone who is not an absorber lvl requiremnts would be really high, unless you get everything legendary.
But Diablo was working on similar setup and he wasn't an absorber, maybe he had some good reason to do somthing like that..

The standard gunman gear is quite limited, without the deadly prefix to boost damage a little bit more a gunman is not that strong as people believe. Sure you can do nice damage, but see what a black knight can do in terms of damage, defence and lifepoints.. I believe the whole gunman thing is underpowered at high lvl if you compare to some other classes.
No dodges, bad defence, low initiative, limited lifepoints.. you must rely only on high damage to have fun, but if someone does the same damage as you, plus he has high defence or high agility to dodge strikes from mobs or much more lifepoints you will see that a gun user should do even more damage to stay competitive..
But I am working hard and I hope to be wrong..

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 02-21-2011 17:12.

02-21-2011 16:57 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Mikel
godMODe !

images/avatars/avatar-1061.gif

Registration Date: 05-18-2009
Clan: D.B.

RE: gunman alternative setup Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and what about PvP setup? cuz solar set is not that good in defence, especially if melee attacks you Tongue

quote:
By the way I wonder why on this server legendary sets give no extra bonus like in other servers, as here it's much harder merge such stuff and players get no other advantage than the 20% easyness for everything it's not a weapon.
Pretty stupid in my opinion!

You think 20% easiness is not enough? You said that other servers [Necropolis type] gives extra bonuses to legendary sets, but on Necro legendary items got also HIGHER requirements than non legendary. So would you sacrifice those 20% easiness to get something diffrent?

02-21-2011 17:15 Mikel is offline Search for Posts by Mikel Add Mikel to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

of course I wouldn't trade!
I believe the 20% easyness is a great thing, and it's the only reason to work on a legendary item instead of a normal one, seen you need a lot of time, but some reward on the set bonus could push some player to keep their leg items instead of burning for mana and nanites!
So maybe an unsuffixed legendary deadly cape could become more interesting.. I am one of the few players on this server who collects legendary items, and to merge something nice you need to spend huge time on the marketplace and don't miss a single item you could need, buy the 3 armour expand options, then once you get 30 items maybe spending one week on a possible mergeroute you can merge the stuff together. Really not easy!

And you're right, in PVP solar is good only to wipe out defensive set as I get max damage, in PVP hawk or twisted should work better.
But I have still to finish my twisted setup so I have nothing to show you...
I have almost everything I need, 1 month and maybe I'll show you reports, with some luck with the cape at p+1 ;p

And in defence.. gunmen tend to be quite bad in defence, some players just use friendly of ancestor, I am trying another thing but I am still far from my plan.
Maybe a twisted set with the right suffixes can work but I am not sure I can do a nice defence set respecting my tatoo limitations.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 02-21-2011 17:34.

02-21-2011 17:29 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Not abandoned, but waiting to be high level enough to take full profit from it because unless you can wear it at perfect+1 to take damage bonus from bandanna, kilt and cape it's not worthy to use it.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
02-21-2011 20:47 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
grind
Double Ace

I think that with 2/3 pieces at p+1 that will be worthy..
We'll compare expo reports as soon as I'll be done with my cape ;p
02-21-2011 23:26 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Yes looking forward to see it, because for now I am not very convinced.
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=43ad14a448
I have used 2/3 pieces.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
02-22-2011 17:45 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

I like it but the toughness and def you'll have will be extemelly low

Reason im staying with P+1 bandanna of shep, elvish cape and kilt of shep is i get P+1 solar and then i have same attacks but i have toughness and def.

And trust me without elvish you will not be mac criting, im getting between 84-90% on expos, in attacks about 60-70% with 29% from elvish so ur losing near enough 30% crit which out of 18 attacks is 5.4 attacks

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
02-24-2011 14:54 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by Foxy

Reason im staying with P+1 bandanna of shep, elvish cape and kilt of shep is i get P+1 solar and then i have same attacks but i have toughness and def.

And trust me without elvish you will not be mac criting, im getting between 84-90% on expos, in attacks about 60-70% with 29% from elvish so ur losing near enough 30% crit which out of 18 attacks is 5.4 attacks

he's not losing as much crit as you say, don't forget the max crit cap is 85%

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

02-24-2011 15:11 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

quote:
Originally posted by smierc
quote:
Originally posted by Foxy

he's not losing as much crit as you say, don't forget the max crit cap is 85%
Also 1h guns crit multiplier is only 1.5, so damage isn't that bad.

Switching to deadly set of armors is just like switching from G+5 leg uzi/beretta to G+0 leg scorpio. Damage is lower a bit at first, but you get bonus attack, and soon when scorpios potential is fully used you deal more damage Wink .

quote:
IGN: Atomos

02-24-2011 16:14 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Im gunna use same thing as Mortis here

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=37526213&key=9e3564643c

Not saying its bad idea as it isn't but until you can get it the levels like P+1 everything etc it won't be as effective as you lose ur def and tough which means people will rip staight through it.

You need to get a balance between dmg and living, theres no point doing good dmg to see someone doing more as they block out more dmg than you and vice vesa.

You onto a good set up as was Diablo but afte left i talked with oh about his plans and I learned that it was gunna be hard getting it perfected. I had items needed for merging P deadly cape of assassin +1 awhile ago but sold after i was stats.

@Smierc, i know the crit is maxed at 85% but on expos he may get 60-70% crit max and on attacks 40-45% maybe

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
02-24-2011 16:30 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Yup but that was my defence gear (still uncomplete) where I was using g+5 deadly mask of sheperd, regal suit of DS and p+1 kilt of sheperd!
I told you this set is mainly conceived for expos, in pvp solar is not that good..
and it's main drawback is when you use this stuff against a gunner as he always deal max damage!

But 18 strikes isn't that bad.. as you see here I don't even use a p+1 piece as I use a deadly mask of sheperd and still I kill you easily.. you can't compare attack vs defence!

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=725831b263

And I use the max damage setup to get through defence gears too.
In a normal ambush to get extra lifespan I'd rather use a twisted like you do or a hawk set. And maybe your setup will still work better as I can't get as high crits as you and in pvp against you I have no defence.
I hope twisted will be operative in a short time so I can show you a report with that too..

This setup was mainly conceived as EXPO setup. And in expo gunmen tend to be quite bad in taking damage.. so best thing is often doing max damage.
And in expo using shaman set I get max power of blood and this gives me a nice crit bonus, sure I can't get the cap but I have a good critical rate.

Your setup is very nice, and once you will get the solar set to p+1 that will be great!
But your damage source is just the fact you have 3 p+1 items... while I'll have soon the bonus from deadly AND the bonus from p+1 stuff. So I bet that will work better, it's just harder to wear and to merge.
03-02-2011 03:15 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Now the cape is done.. I put here some preciuous informations for those interested, feel free to share your toughts and stats. Only kilt is missing now, a p+1 deadly kilt woll be a good start waiting the lvl to equip a p+1 deadly of sheperd, and solar + switching the bandanna of sheperd with a precognition one will give me enough perception to hit most mob. Switching solar tie of str with solar tie of pilgrim and solar signet with solar of wisdom I should almost maximize the damage a gunman ca do. I am still not very satisfied as few hits and you are down, so I'll keep thinking a top tuned BK does better in expo once he manage to hit, as he can do more damage and has much better shielding. Here my actual setups anyway..

UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
Good Solar Tie of Strength (+4)
UNEQUIP
Good Solar Signet (+5)
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP

Here vs an XR
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=7c241e1ed1

I still have to change the solar tie of strenght into pilgrim as I am liking the twisted gear too, I'll probably do that in some lvls.. ;p

UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
Good Twisted Tie of the Pilgrim (+2)
UNEQUIP
Good Twisted Signet (+1)
UNEQUIP
Good Twisted Signet of Youth (+2)
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP

Here vs a spider
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c40740c601
Damage is kept sustained and some casual dodges may help survival for some 2 men expos, even if the whole dodge thing is a bit random, sometimes you never got hit sometimes it don't work at all.
I'll post some PVP with twisted when I'll finish upgrading it, but it's already working well, I just need a kilt with punishment effect to make it more effective.
I am starting to work on the kilt right now.. I wish good luck to the poor mobs and my ambush targets, hopefully act 3 will make them tougher lol ;p
03-23-2011 18:04 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

And here vs Anubis...
Foxy is using his setup too. As you can see my base damage is equal to his when he crit strikes.. And I still miss the kilt at p+1 and I am waiting to merge the solar of wisdom/ pilgrim jewelry.
But still 2200 damage each round vs a 247 toughnss dog headed a$$ho%e is not too bad ;p

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=519fe9de60

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 03-28-2011 21:19.

03-28-2011 21:17 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

here is new pvp gear, now finishing upgrading the twisted set ;p
It works well!

UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
Good Twisted Tie of the Pilgrim (+4)
UNEQUIP
Good Twisted Signet (+2)
UNEQUIP
Good Twisted Signet of Youth (+5)
UNEQUIP
Good Deadly Kilt of Dodges (+5)
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=4f72a380bf
04-11-2011 02:05 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

PVP GEAR almost ultimated..

UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
Good Twisted Tie of the Pilgrim (+5)
UNEQUIP
Good Twisted Signet (+5)
UNEQUIP
Good Twisted Signet of Youth (+5)
UNEQUIP
Good Deadly Kilt of Dodges (+5)
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP

8× 201 - 259 Legendary Perfect Scorpio
8× 195 - 253 Legendary Good Scorpio (+5)

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a1ac0be908
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=4c900b0ade
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=031b9c8ea0
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=f153f20456

I wonder about further progress.. a twisted signet of fox is under construction and p+1 deadly kilt of sheperd for past lvl 89 f(but I must drop the punishment effect.... can't go much further with damage tattoo limitations stops me from using different suffixes on the kilt and bandanna with sets different from solar.
Let's see if act 3 will give something good!
05-04-2011 14:42 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

And here new setup ready, full p+1 set and switching to precog bandanna let me equip p+1 deadly kilt
EDIT and p+1 deadly kilt of sheperd ready.

Legendary Perfect Deadly Bandanna of Precognition (+1)
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
Perfect Solar Tie of Strength
UNEQUIP
Perfect Solar Signet
UNEQUIP
Perfect Solar Signet of Strength
UNEQUIP
Perfect Deadly Kilt of Sheperd (+1)
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP

I need to rise solar to p+1 asap now, a plain set will work with this setup in a few lvls because legendary items lower str requirement, in the meantime I'll keep working on the suffixed one waiting the time I can use at p+1, and changing the str suffix with wisdom/fox\pilgrim\madness (haha ha ha, nice joke) to increase damage as soon as possible.
I still miss one lvl to use p+1 deadly kilt of sheperd, but I don't really need it for any mob up to xr, only for anubis/wendi and to equip p+1 kilt with twisted and hawk (without sheperd/silent moves suffix tattoo won't work!)

And new PVP gear for higher perception target

perfect deadly mask of precognition
P+1 legendary deadly cape of assassin
p+1 deadly kilt of sheperd
p+1 deadly kilt of sheperd
good +5 twisted tie of Pilgrim
perfect twisted signet of youth
g+5 twisted signet
perfect legendary skorpio x2

switching the deadly mask of precognition with p+1 deadly bandanna of sheperd this setup is pretty useful in some expos too, when longer lifespan is needed.

I'll post expo ewsults asap

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 01-23-2012 14:03.

10-02-2011 03:45 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

I found this old thread of mine..
finally my 20 strike gear is ready!

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2c175f9c2b

and my pvp gear at 18 strikes

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=e710cf5e64

better deadly pieces still on progress, I am still convinced it MUST give another strike at a point ^^

EDIT pvp gear
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=d5b1cc4f7a

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 06-08-2012 01:23.

03-13-2012 01:49 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

don't know about deadly on higher levels, but scorpio get a final attack on higher level

03-13-2012 09:04 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Thks for info, I can see skorpios up to g+3, and I read on extra strikes thread that it should have an extra attack at p+5 probably... the point of skorpio is that unless you're really have nothing else to do and you're going to upgrade that much, it is not worth the effort..

legendary perfect skorpio:damage 26-42
perfect+1:damage 27-44
perfect p+2:damage 28-46
perfect p+3: damage 29-47

so little damage boost for a huge effort, this weapon isn't really amazing, it only works fine with a gear aimed to maximize damage and renouncing to defence, and since it has no suffixes and stats bonuses it is not that nice, skorpio requires a crazy effort and a huge amount of stones for that small damage bonus..
that's why most people stopped upgrading at perfect or p+1.
P+5 and extra attack would be great of course, but that really takes a load of time and resources for so litlle!

But you're right, even dropping speed suffix which is not a gunman best friend, for sure there is a way to reach 22 strikes and probably even 24 if deadly gives another strike and 26 if solar do the same (if it does will probably be at p+5). Many jewelry sets like vengeful, solar or hawk give an extra at good lvl, then at a point between perfect and p+2.
Now just a handful of people pushed sets over perfect and nobody has sets at p+5 but probably there is a reward for being so patient/crazy!
03-13-2012 17:26 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld gunman alternative setup

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH