Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Developers of BW, please read! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Developers of BW, please read! 8 Votes - Average Rating: 6.13
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Celdari

Registration Date: 03-30-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Source

Text Developers of BW, please read! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First I would like to thank the developers for making this game. Im really enjoying it. I also appriciate that you continue to update & improve this game since there are alot of simular games out there and they usually die because of the developers not doing anything.

Advertisment

I feel that the developers of this game are not doing enough in promoting this game. I really don't understand why since; more players = more premium = more $$$.

For an example; MMORPG.com (one of many sites) is the biggest site about mmorpg's and this game is not listed there. They have alot of textbased browsergames listed. I have not yet seen a banner or ad on any other site for this game. I see banners pop up for crappy games such as Tribal Wars & Travian but not for BW.

I found out about this game in a very random way about a year ago. I was looking for a new game after playing another textbased game for many years. After searching for a replacement on different sites I googled random stuff and this game popped up.

Blood Wars is not advertised enough and its a shame since it beats the majority of the simular games that are out there.

To the developers, I would really recommend contacting these sites so you can add this game in their games list. Start advertising on other sites. In the end all the money you spend for advertising on other sites will be returned with interest.

Look for popular channels on Youtube for people that review these kinds of games. Ask them if they want to review this game after ActIII gets released. For an example; Omer at MMOHUT has a very popular mmorpg channel on Youtube with plenty of followers. If you would get him to review this game it would be great. He has reviewed other textbased browsergames in the past.

What can we (the players) do?

I know that its not only the developers job to promote this game. We play a big part of it. Atleast we should if we want to see this game stay alive in the future.

This is why I would like for us to make one day of the year the "official bw advertising day". Alot of the players that play this game play other games and are registered on different forums. Together we could advertise this game on different forums that have game/offtopic sections. Not by using reflinks because that makes people think that the game is only about that. Not to forget that reflinks aren't that popular on most forums. Creating new threads explaining what this game is about and answering questions would be a good way in informing people that this game exists.

Suggestion about cleaning up servers

I play on Underworld (UK) and it's ridicolous that the servers population is ~18000 while less than 1000 players actually play this game. There is a way to solve this.

Make an auto-delete system for players that havent logged in for 6 months. For players that have once under their characters lifetime bought premium, auto-delete could be 1 year. This way we would clean up the servers. Dead clans and the longtime inactives would disappear.

Suggestion about changing race

Another thing that I would like to see is an option to change race. I haven't even played this game for that long as some other players have and I have seen waaay to many people leave this game because they picked a race they were not happy with. This could be prevented with making a premium option where you could change race. I would pay +60 days of premium (without any problems) to be able to change my race if I wanted to. If this saves players leaving this game I can't see any reason why this would be a bad feature.

Edit: I know that some people would think this might be abused by players with more money than others but it could be prevented by for an example allowing 1 racechange / 6 months etc.

Question about realms!

I also have a question about why this game has so many different realms for different languages when it could have fewer servers that support multi-language instead? I understand that this games primary audience are the polish players but mixing us all together with the support of changing language in game would make the servers full and more fun. Just an idea for the future.

-------------------------

English isn't my first language so Im sorry for typo's and bad grammer. Hopefully you understand most of it.

/Celdari

This post has been edited 12 time(s), it was last edited by Celdari: 10-31-2011 20:29.

10-31-2011 18:02 Celdari is offline Search for Posts by Celdari Add Celdari to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pretty certain all of these points have been brought up before. They said outright they'll never give the option to change race. The multi-language realm was an idea spoken about very recently with act 3 beta carrying on as another realm once the beta testing is finished. I can't remember the reasons for the deleting of banned or inactive players but I'm sure the search function would help out a lot here.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

10-31-2011 18:30 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

RE: Developers of BW, please read! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the auto delete of inactive players is already in effect
random players that are inacive for 6 months after there last day of premium is used are deleted

i think its in mishmash cthulu has started a thread about a multi-language server..and i suggested keeping open the beta server as a full time realm...

as for advertising.this has een rought up many a time..its all been covered at some point :p

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
10-31-2011 18:44 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Celdari

Thread Starter Thread Started by Celdari
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

@LucifersAngel:

I tried searching for information before I made this thread. Could you please (if you have time) show me where they said that an option to change race will never happend?

Nothing about it in the: "Things that will never be added/changed"-thread.

Would really suck if this is out of the question. Can't see why they would say no to this. It's a win/win situation for them. People will spend lots of premium days to change race if they are unhappy with their current ones instead of quitting the game.

@Ba_al:

Then that system is really broken. I have seen plenty of accounts with last login being 2009.
10-31-2011 18:58 Celdari is offline Search for Posts by Celdari Add Celdari to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by Celdari
@LucifersAngel:

I tried searching for information before I made this thread. Could you please (if you have time) show me where they said that an option to change race will never happend?

Would really suck if this is out of the question. Can't see why they would say no to this. It's a win/win situation for them. People will spend lots of premium days to change race if they are unhappy with their current ones instead of quitting the game.

@Ba_al:

Then that system is really broken. I have seen plenty of accounts with last login being 2009.

v. 1.1.0.14 3 February 2009

Added algorithm that automatically deletes banned players. For a player to be deleted in this way there must be two conditions met: last time of logging in not sooner than 60 days ago and premium inactive for more than 60 days. The exact date is chosen randomly.

^^ from the patch list thing...

as for changing race it would severly mess up the balance people have achieved currently..... no race is "better" than any other if it is played right... all i would ask is that there was more of a tutorial on the character creation screen so people understood what they were choosing in a little bit more depth

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

10-31-2011 19:06 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
@LucifersAngel:

@Ba_al:

The last time this was discussed

EZLN

10-31-2011 19:12 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
quote:
@LucifersAngel:

@Ba_al:

The last time this was discussed

p.s. I should point out this particular thing has been discussed MANY times but I cannot be bothered to go searching for you.

EDIT: Ahh crap, clicked quote, not edit. Sorry for the doublepost.

EZLN

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by LucifersAngel: 10-31-2011 19:13.

10-31-2011 19:12 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Celdari

@Paranoia:

"v. 1.1.0.14 3 February 2009

Added algorithm that automatically deletes banned players. For a player to be deleted in this way there must be two conditions met: last time of logging in not sooner than 60 days ago and premium inactive for more than 60 days. The exact date is chosen randomly."

As I understand this, its for banned players. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen alot players with their last login recorded at 2009.

"as for changing race it would severly mess up the balance people have achieved currently."

Please, explain how it would mess up the balance?

@LucifersAngel:

Thanks for the link. I read all of the posts inside. The closest answer I could find there to my question is:

"Declined by popular opinion and mods."

Would really want to know & understand the reason why this has been declined when as you said yourself, there have been plenty discussions about it in the past which means its a popular subject.

I am very surprised how some people in there were so ignorant about the idea of implenting racechange premium options. As I wrote in my edit from first post, a premium racechange option can't be abused if you only allow 1 racechange / 6 months or something like that.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Celdari: 10-31-2011 22:51.

10-31-2011 20:45 Celdari is offline Search for Posts by Celdari Add Celdari to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Maybe somet like one race change in the first 3 months of the character but other than that everything works fine as it is

10-31-2011 21:04 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Malle8398
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-927.jpg

Registration Date: 03-10-2010
Clan: KhOrNe/BC

I can agree one some points but i think the main thing is Advertisement.. and i know this have been discussed many many times before but pls just hear me out.

It is no secret that there is a low amount of active players on both UK servers especially Necro.. So i think we need to try and come up with a solution to this problem..
And this is what i was thinking, If i remember right Sersej or someone else in that size said that we are getting new tasks at some point.. Why not make 1 Task similar to what we have on zone 5 where you need to get a vasal or what it is called to pass the task..

But lets say we putt it in zone 3 or 4 where there is moore ppl and raise the number to collect to lets say 10-15 Vasals instead... and maybe putt a decent collection of pops in return so its not a task you just push to the side.. I think if this could happen and if many of the active players started trying with this task as soon as it came live, we might have a good future on all servers..

And if many ppl do this at the same time the moore active it will become in zone 5 and the lower region in rankings, and there for also moore fun and exciting for all the new members and by that we hopefully can get moore active players to the server and give them a fair chance to get hooked on this game as so many of us have been allready..

So what you think??? Is this a good idea that we maybe should show Devs or you think its junk and belongs in the trash can??? either way let me know Smile

Underworld: Gravedigga

***Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005***

May your soul rest in peace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Malle8398: 11-01-2011 01:34.

10-31-2011 22:26 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

tbh, the only point of discussion I care about is the advertisment of the game. The fact that it has been discussed plenty of times, plus the fact that it is still being discussed proves:
a) The Devs don't care & are drinking all of the money we pay them, instead of re-investing it

b) The Devs are getting so much cash from the advertising revenue on the Polish servers that it outways the revenue they get from premium players, and therefore do not give a monkeys about advertising the game anywhere

c) The Devs haven't made the connection between: more players = better game = less whinging from players = high ratings on game forums = more $$$

d) The players do care & the longer it goes on like this the less active players will be on the server

I like Celdari's & Malle's ideas on advertising; the promotion of this game MUST be a combination of both players & Devs responsibility.

Dev Team, do yourself (and us) a favour - do some lovely advertising somewhere other than Poland! Tongue

Censored by Evangelion

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
11-01-2011 13:54 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Celdari

@Malle8398:

I shared my suggestions how the playerbase could be increased and I really like your idea also. The more ways we can advertise for this game, the better. With more recruitment-tasks for different zones, us having a day where everyone advertises on different sites/forums and the developers doing their part, there would be an invasion of players in both UW & Necro.

@Cthulhu:

I agree!

I made this thread yesterday and got alot of response here and in game (mostly in game). It's funny how 90% of the responses begin with "this has been discussed plenty of times".

If the suggestions I made have been discussed plenty of times, it means that they are popular and wanted.

I know that in the end, the developers decide what happends but if you don't listen to what the players have to say, you lose players & in this case, money. Specially when the same subjects are brought up frequently.

Seems that they don't get enough money from us on the UK realms to care what we have to say. The irritating part of this is that if they would do their job in promoting this game and actually hear us out, they would triple their income within a few months.
11-01-2011 16:35 Celdari is offline Search for Posts by Celdari Add Celdari to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

i agree with Advertisment Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you are right, this was discussed, but i don't see the results... personally i try to post on some RPG spot servers but they don't put the banner that i ask... so i think they accept only the server author to put that messages and i am sure they want money for each click on that link... this can rise a price up to 15 EUR per day so it's a big price for a 50 premium player on this server

and second, don't forgot the facebook link.. this is a spot... you just must resend the main link to all on your list and maybe 1 or 2 of your 300 friends will come to play

11-01-2011 21:35 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

umm maybe the developers are rich/wealthy and don't care about advertising to attract more (premium) players...

i'm not a premium player because of the lack of information available. the wiki tutorials aren't helpful ...information is limited ...there isn't a list of all items available ...etc

i think i'm the only american member of Enclave ...and i don't speak Russian or Polish ...so if servers are seperate, which servers are conjoined? or are all clans available on different servers? and if this game is Polish-based(biased), maybe that should be in the tutorial to let players know. when ACT 3 was released, it was in Polish ...how is that fair to premium players who don't speak Polish?

and about changing your race ...i deleted my first character because as a newbie i didn't understand arcana or how to use my PoP. the in-game tutorial is misleading compared to the PoP advice i read on this forum. since a lot of players don't play, newbies don't have to worry much about defending themselves / their squares ...so character parameters should be explained in seperate categories: offense & defense ...and so should the races.

IGN: Son Of Sin
11-03-2011 03:57 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

The problem with BW advertising in the past was that it was not very cost-effective meaning that the cost too bring a player in was too high, this was especially true for the banners on various sites for some reason. I've discussed BW advertising and additional servers with Sushi a few times, but unfortunately it always comes down to costs. However, that youtube channel that you mentioned is quite an interesting option and we will definately try to do something like that (after A3 is released most probably).

As to the other points, players are always welcome to advertise the game in any way possible and we've been trying to encourage this with free prem, lgo etc Smile

Changing race - always a possibility, but I cannot promise you much. If we see there's a great demand for this feature and it won't unbalance the game too much we'll prolly implement it.

And as to the "one realm - multiple languages", we're just pursuing a different business model and bloodwars was designed to be the way it is currently, without the option to change language.

11-10-2011 10:41 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

what about adding to the tutorial, I am ready to translate / copy from the forum some great info that should be available to new players that are "afraid" of
forums.

I think the french wikia for BW has nearly all the usefull info and could be a base to make the english wikia better (as thay are many french players that could help for translation).

For example there are set bonus for both necro and underworld, tasks and so on

We could put nearly all the mishmash post its (making a nice presentation, formatting the datas)

Maybe open a section to all registered so that they can propose pages which could be approved by the mods/devs.
11-10-2011 13:49 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Celdari

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
The problem with BW advertising in the past was that it was not very cost-effective meaning that the cost too bring a player in was too high, this was especially true for the banners on various sites for some reason. I've discussed BW advertising and additional servers with Sushi a few times, but unfortunately it always comes down to costs. However, that youtube channel that you mentioned is quite an interesting option and we will definately try to do something like that (after A3 is released most probably).

As to the other points, players are always welcome to advertise the game in any way possible and we've been trying to encourage this with free prem, lgo etc Smile

Changing race - always a possibility, but I cannot promise you much. If we see there's a great demand for this feature and it won't unbalance the game too much we'll prolly implement it.

And as to the "one realm - multiple languages", we're just pursuing a different business model and bloodwars was designed to be the way it is currently, without the option to change language.

Well.. if advertising by using banners didn't generate enough money compared to how much that was spent then I can totally understand why I haven't seen any banners on any sites. Atleast I know that this method was used in the past.

Im glad that you found my suggestion about that Youtube channel interesting. There are plenty simular channels with people that reiview these kinds of games and they usually have a few thousand subscribers.

Getting this game on sites like mmorpg.com & mmohut.com (yeah, the guy with the Youtube channel also has a homepage) would also be great. As far as I know, its free of charge. I would have done it myself but they demand information about this game which I don't have. Better if a developer with all the needed information does this.

It makes me very glad to know that there is a possibility that an option about changing race could happend in the future. This is the subject I feel the most strong about. Now I have hope. I would glady be more detailed with better arguments if requested.

Thank you for replying.

-----------------------------

I don't want anymore players messaging me in game with feedback about this thread. Do it here instead so the developers can see your opinions. I have got twice as much replies that are here but in game instead. That doesn't help me at all.
11-12-2011 00:47 Celdari is offline Search for Posts by Celdari Add Celdari to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

Have you got any banners we could use in signatures on other forums?

11-12-2011 13:05 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

We have this one:

But the information is only in PL, FR and RU... can you translate in EN?

And second you can't use this image on forums...

we need something like this:

or a 300/20 pixel banner

but with text BloodWars not BW Team Wink

11-12-2011 15:33 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
miko

Registration Date: 06-02-2009

I agree on race change but you should only be able to change once
And btw.When the ability to change race was introduced I was already lvl 40-50 so I couldnt change
And another thing is that most people choose by looks because they dont understand the race bonuses

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by miko: 12-04-2011 18:09.

12-04-2011 18:09 miko is offline Search for Posts by miko Add miko to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010

Well I For One Didnt Read Much of This Thread But But I Saw The Advetisment Bit I Have My Own PvP Text Based Game BloodWaars Was The Game That Inspired Me To Make My Own And I Would Gladly Advertise BW On There For Free If Thats Okay With The Dev's But I Would Need A Banner And Things To Add To The Parter Link's And Things But if Any Of The Owner's Would Like To Message Me About Advertising And Things Feel Free To Do Soo

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by TheKid: 12-04-2011 19:15.

12-04-2011 18:28 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Thread cleared and reopened upon starter request. Any offtopic posts will be deleted and rewarded with an warning.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-12-2011 18:57 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by TheKid
Well I For One Didnt Read Much of This Thread But But I Saw The Advetisment Bit I Have My Own PvP Text Based Game BloodWaars Was The Game That Inspired Me To Make My Own And I Would Gladly Advertise BW On There For Free If Thats Okay With The Dev's But I Would Need A Banner And Things To Add To The Parter Link's And Things But if Any Of The Owner's Would Like To Message Me About Advertising And Things Feel Free To Do Soo

No you didn't.. you used a website that has everything in front of you.. all you had to do was put your username and what you want the game to be called so DO NOT say that you've "made" a game. MAKING a game is allot of hard hard work and time.

But this game is in much need of advertisement. I know Sjez has already said that its already been looked into and hasn't been very cost effective. Facebook hasn't seemed to get it much advertisement either.

I'm generally stumped as what to say, Facebook is such a connection these days and it hasn't seemed to help much. I do think its the lack of understanding of the game and the time it takes to get things right why we are losing people.

I also think because this forum is an external forum allot of people wont register to find out more about it, nearly all games iv played for text based have a built in forum on a direct link. By this i don't mean the forum we have here. I mean you hit the word forum and it brings it up in front of your face and you can carry on playing with topics, new announcements there and all right in front of your face where you can use the same username without having to register AGAIN after you've done it the first time just to check some things to get help.

But I'm not 100% its the forum either I genuinly think its the lack of help the smaller players receive from the bigger players. People that I've been in contact with in the smaller clans tend to stay more when they have people who will help them progress. People that join clans now days and their clan mates are 1000 points saying

"I'm not going to help you on a white tower I'm waaay to good for that.."

granted.. you are too good for that, but take a second to open your eyes and see that nobody else in the clan has started an expo.. so why be too arrogent to help somebody grow? I'm not saying this happens everywhere, just most places.
12-12-2011 19:10 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Celdari

Thank you for opening my thread Mortis so I can post the following:

I came up with more things that I wanted to share so when I came here, I see that this thread went at the wrong direction. I feel that some of you have disrespected me by argueing and talking about other things that are not related to my first post.

I am really trying my best to suggest ideas on how to improve this game. By some of you going offtopic so the thread gets closed, you are hurting my suggestions.

Please, could you show some respect and not discuss stuff that dont have anything to do with my first post?

Thank you.

----------------------------------------

So far Szeszej answered me in most of the suggestions I had (in case some of you missed it).

Advertising by banners has been done in the past, more money got lost than gained. Totally understandable why they are not doing it anymore and this means that its done discussing.

My ideas about the youtube channels & sites that review these games was interesting to him. Hopefully we can get some info soon on how they are planning on going further with this. I don't know about the rest but I would glady like to see a video review about bloodwars Smile

By the way, I have advertised this game on 7 different forums since I made my first post and I have gained peoples attention about this game. Lots of questions and interest from members on those forums. If we all chip in and do this, we will bring more players to this game. Just don't do the misstake I made not mentioning which server you want them to register on since I think everyone that I might have got to register has went to Necro and I play on Underworld, lol.

Changing race could become a possibility (which gave me so much hope since this is the subject that I feel strongest about). The thing is, unless we show that its a hot topic, nothing will happend (Szeszej said it himself). I have got alot positive feedback about this suggestion in game by other players despite me telling everyone that they should discuss it here so the devs can see it's a hot topic.

I have good arguments about this and how it will not unbalance anything if we limit it to 1 change / account or 1 change / year. I have a hard time seeing that many players being negative towards this since it won't effect them in any kind of way if they are happy with their current race.

If this would have been made for 1 year ago, I wouldnt have seen as many players leave this game as I have seen just because they picked a race they were uphappy with. And again, its a good way for the BW-team getting more players to pay for premium and they can make the cost for changing race a bit higher than changing tattoo is.

Multilanguage-realm won't happend since it's not how BW was intended and they are doing their own thing. It's understandable even tho I think bringing everyone together but with an option to change language would be better.

He didn't answer me about the auto-deleting system tho. Im hoping I can get his attention with this post. I think the system needs a remake. As I understand it, it deletes accounts that havent logged in for 6 months after the day their premium expires (which is understandable unless they want to get in trouble with the law).

So far its good and understandable. The problem is that it deletes random players. Thats why we have accounts on Underworld that haven't logged in since the beginning of 2009 and why we have 90 clans but only ~15 are active.

I don't know about the rest of you but wouldn't it be better if the server had ~15 active clans and ~1000 active players than 90 clans (where only 15 are not dead) and 18k accounts (where only ~1k play the game). Seems like a waste of space and it might give the wrong signals when someone registers and understands that the servers population is not what you might think it is.

Making changes to the system so it deletes all accounts that havent logged in for 6 or 12 months after their last premium day would be better in my opinion.

Thank you for all the positive and negative feedback that I have recieved about my suggestions. As long as you keep this thread alive, I can keep my hope alive and we can help each other in getting our ideas heard.

/Celdari

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Celdari: 12-13-2011 13:19.

12-12-2011 19:49 Celdari is offline Search for Posts by Celdari Add Celdari to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Making changes to the system so it deletes all accounts that havent logged in for 6 or 12 months after their last premium day would be better in my opinion.

Hmmm, its a toughy as there isnt enough players signing up, you need there to be enough inactive accounts for the new players to farm to get there resources up which will then set a chain reaction off and eventually channel the resources up through the ranks

I think deleting to many inactive accounts to soon could have a negative impact but i could also be wrong(It has been known at least once i think Tongue )

12-12-2011 20:18 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

i said this before
deleting all inactives would cripple the server

blood and ppl resources are taken from the inactives at the lowest lvls and then"make there way up the rankings""

and low lvls and new players need inactives to hit and farm early on..would make it harder for new lvls if the only ppl they could hit were ppl already with set ups

pplus the remaining ppl would be to high lvl for any new ppl to hit aswell..so tehre exp gain would be severly limited

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
12-12-2011 20:23 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

my comment is a little different now than my comment from a month ago ...

i've asked a few friends & my wife to play and the feedback i got was "it looks boring ...there's no sound (music) or animation ...or there's too much information to read before you play".

if people play games at work, they want something fun & relaxing ...if they play at home, they want flash/javascript ...some people just don't like text-based games ...they like the "ville" games on Facebook.

anyway, the first time i played i did search youtube for a video tutorial ...as i said in another thread ...some people like visual and audible tutorials ...forums have so much information ...some people don't have the time to read dozens of threads ...so it'd be nice to watch a video(s) with basic to in-depth information about BW, especially with different opinions/criticism about each race.

when you first sign up for BW, the basic information on the choose your race screen doesn't help if you have no idea what the racial traits mean...+5 Luck, okay why do i need luck? click the tutorial link to find out ...the tutorial leads to more questions, so you have to come to the forum ...come to the forum and see a plethora of threads w/ 2 different realms ... Cape (+2), Good Cape ...Good Cape (+2)? no ...argh, Legendary Perfect Good Dracula Cape of Dark Strength? no ...argh, Mace of the Bloodsucking Bat (+4)? no ...argh

imo, equipment is too complicated ...you have to wear a ring to wear an amulet to wear a hat to wear armor & pants to increase strength to equip a weapon ...then unequip everything except your weapon to increase agility or perception to increase your chance to hit/dodge/increase damage

sorry i'm off-topic but i tried to tie it into why people may not play

IGN: Son Of Sin
12-12-2011 20:48 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Celdari

@Firetrap & Ba_al:

I have to disagree with you both here. I did a little research and I hope that I can change your opinions with posting another view.

In Underworld, there are ~15000 accounts with 1 points. Could we agree that atleast 98% of these are inactive?

I checked 5-6 pages in the rankings and I saw that most of the players last login date is this summer, last winter, last summer and a few of these are from early 2010 and a few from 2009.

If we go by these numbers we could then say that ~5000 players register every year. It could be more since some people actually like the game and continue to play. Also, alot stop playing at 2 points, 5, 20, 40 etc.

If the auto-delete system would be remade into deleting all accounts that havent logged in for 12 months since last login (if never had premium) & 12 months since last day of premium expires, there would still be plenty of targets to attack specially when ~5000 people register every year. A year is a long time before an account gets deleted and alot of new targets will come into the game.

It wouldnt be sending fake messages to new players that the population is 18k when in reality, barely 1000 play on Underworld.

I really don't think this would cripple the server or make some kind of unbalance for most of us except maybe the ones that have been sticking to only attacking inactives. They would actually have to discover the spy feature and use it before sending out attacks.

The rankings would become closer and I think it will benefit the new feature we have with evo points.

Also, I don't think this would effect any of the ones in the top 150's due to almost no accounts being inactive in those rankings.

Just my thoughts

/Celdari

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Celdari: 12-12-2011 23:05.

12-12-2011 23:04 Celdari is offline Search for Posts by Celdari Add Celdari to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Almost forgot.. you were asking for some banners.. they are small, but at least something..

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-17-2011 00:05 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Celdari

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
Almost forgot.. you were asking for some banners.. they are small, but at least something..

Im using the second one on other forums and I gave it to a few friends so they also can put it in their signatures on different forums!

Thanks for making them Smile
12-23-2011 13:30 Celdari is offline Search for Posts by Celdari Add Celdari to your Buddy List
Lucifer

Registration Date: 08-17-2010
Clan: HOWL

changing race would kill peoples efforts of spending stones on gear that fully utilizes that race's arcana abilities, or spend loads of EXP on tattoos to further boost their character: New race=new gear=new tats=an extra 2-3month of building your character again. also, you technically can change race, delete your character and start again
03-22-2012 14:34 Lucifer is offline Search for Posts by Lucifer Add Lucifer to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Developers of BW, please read!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH