Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » idea??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page idea??? 5 Votes - Average Rating: 6.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

idea??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok guys so heres what im planning on doing

im tempted to make a youtube video of my account, a complete walkthrough of my stats - evos - setups - square buildings - everything pretty much

its gonna be like the so you think your brave thread but on steriods

main purpose of this:

i know it will make spying almost redundant. but tbh i really dont care about that. the reason i wanna do this mainly is to help out smaller or new players
we all know the tutorial can only take a new player so far and seeing an veterans account in depth is the greatest experience a new player can gain

i dont wanna be the only person to do this though as ill feel like a bit of a tit -.- LOL

if anyone else is willing to do this as well i film and render the video some time next week Smile

EDIT: people of other tattoo paths would be nice as i can only really do an in depth video for potential gunmen. if some melee players rangers and snipers would be willing to help by making videos, we could revamp the tutorial system and make it amazing

IGN: acidic shots

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by demonfury v2: 12-10-2011 18:26.

12-10-2011 18:21 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS + S.S.

RE: idea??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Get me the the software and a headset and i'll do =P

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
12-10-2011 18:37 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by demonfury v2
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

download hypercam for free mate, thats all your gonna need. when you have it, click on region, then the top corner of your screen then move your mouse to the opposite bottom corner of your screen and click again to set a full screen record resolution and your sorted Smile

if you aint got a mic built into your computer then a basic headset will only cost about £3 so yea Smile

thanks for being willing to help out dude. we both follow the same tattoo path i think but it will be good for people to be able to compare builds as well. i know your setup is ahead of mine so it will give new players a sort of contrast between a good account and an epic account

12-10-2011 18:46 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would do it but apart from the basics my account is pointless for a new player to see :/

"in 3 years of playing your account "could" look like this"

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

12-10-2011 18:50 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

sounds interesting

id probably do it

12-10-2011 18:50 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

@ paranoia - thats hardly a problem mate it means the new players will know what they need to set themselves on and wont waste as many stones on pointless items

@aggy - nice to see you back dude, i know youll be able to help out the newer players with your knowledge of the game and show them some pretty impressive setups

ive got hypercam and built in recording software im busy over the weekend but come monday morning, ill record, render and upload

my accounts far from awesome, but its nice, theres some fantastic projects there to show the new players as well so they will have an idea of mid class and high class builds

12-10-2011 18:54 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

please mention Underworld quite frequently when you make your video

the tutorial is basically shifting new players towards Necropolis although Underworld has more active (experienced) players & clans ...and most of the active threads are about Underworld ...so new players search for hours through old threads if they play in Necropolis.

so any new player in my predicament really needs to know which realm you're talking about & needs to be reminded often during your video.

also stress how important it is to join a clan immediately ...develop friendships with members of a clan you prefer to join before you reach level 25

i don't (edit: think=know) know if you'll mention tasks & arcana ...but be sure to talk about preserving resources ...and buying junk ...i found out the hard way (wasting blood on arcana, constructing unimportant buildings for tasks too soon & losing money during ambushes because i didn't know junk was a "savings account")

i already like UW more than Necro because junk doesn't lose value...be sure to mention that, although that is in the tutorial

could you show screenshots of what you're talking about also?

a newbie can read: "buy junk to protect your Lgo" but may not remember without a visual example ...photographic memory ...people may forget what they've read but may remember what they've seen or heard

IGN: Son Of Sin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-11-2011 07:04.

12-11-2011 07:02 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by demonfury v2
@ paranoia - thats hardly a problem mate it means the new players will know what they need to set themselves on and wont waste as many stones on pointless items

Unfortunately you're wrong there, his setup is no use to anyone until stupidly high levels, which means if you build what para is using you can't use it and your in a state of being facerolled by everything. People shouldn't look at building anything other than the best as a waste of stones, you need to build for what you have currently, not just what you're going to need in a few thousand points time. So basically what i'm saying is they still need to make/buy things they're going to get rid of, because if they don't, people will just be stunting their growth.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

12-11-2011 10:32 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Acheron

Registration Date: 07-26-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

It would be good to have like a 3 part video for each. I kind of agree with paranoia, but if the video had a low, mid and high level set up, it would explain to new users how to develop and what sort of direction they could take.

12-11-2011 12:32 Acheron is offline Search for Posts by Acheron Add Acheron to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

If enough people do this then new characters would have it all anyway. The problem is not many people low down are going to feel secure enough in their character to give away everything.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

12-11-2011 12:49 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

@son of sin

i only play underworld so ill make sure i make as many points as possible to let players know its an underworld tutorial

ill touch lightly upon tasks, but not much - resources and clans will be a something i mention, same as arcanas, ill be explaining how the arcana of the cultist is the reason i restarted from playing as a thoughtcatcher

its gonna be pretty interesting to find out how the new tutorial is percieved by other high ranking gunman as im sure were gonna have different preferences in certain areas. but it should be good to give new players an in depth look at the game before they start so they have a better idea of what there doing before they waste 3 months on the game learning and then having to restart

12-11-2011 13:28 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

Why not find a mate you know in real life to start playing and do a basics video while you're at it, Acidic? Like a newbie walkthrough, from low to medium, then use your own as the high?

12-11-2011 13:44 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

the only issue with that mate is sadly the only mates of mine actually willing to try this game out didnt like it because it takes to long to 'get going' whereas i personally like the slow paced aspect of this game which is why over almost 4 years and 5 retirements, i keep coming back lol

if i could find someone willing to do the newbie vid with me that would be awesome, but i think for the most genuine feedback for low-med builds, an actual low level player should make a vid showing where theyve got to so far and what they have planned for say the next 3-6 months

12-11-2011 14:01 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

hey i'm level 10 in UW ...i can make a video ...especially to display my mistakes to show new players what NOT to do ...i chose to be an absorber in UW since i'm an absorber in Necro & know a little more now about Bloodmagic

i know i've been complaining a lot but maybe i can influence new players not to quit when they're frustrated

@LucifersAngel ...security isn't a problem ...i won't display my character's name ...and i definitely don't mind experienced players telling me what i've done or what i'm doing wrong ...some criticism is a form of advice

edit 2:
i'm going to do a rough draft manuscript of what i'll say in my video ...demonfury v2, may i e-mail you when i'm done?

edit 3:
i'm explaining how i'm building my vampire from birth (level 0 or 1) to "adolescence" (level 25) ...so my video will end when i reach level 25 ...if someone else can pick up there, and stop at level 50, we can make a chain of videos.

the titles could be Blood Wars - Underworld Levels 1-25, Blood Wars - Underworld Levels 25-50, and so on ...easy to find in search or create a Blood Wars - Underworld playlist

if someone is a great editor (definitely not me), we can actually have several peoples' "tutorials" in 1 video ...group A discussing levels 1-25, group B discussing 25-50, etc

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-12-2011 02:16.

12-12-2011 01:53 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

tbh i wont be making one cos i just got too much going on..(demonfury understands)..

tbh one thing i wanna say.. tell people to become thoughtcatcher! i know they gt alot way from act three but thoughtcatcher get alot of health in expos and seiges.. but now with act three with evo points they get get extra 1500 health from evo points.. thoughtcatcher are now laughing.. yeah searing blood does you so much damage.. but i would rather have that exta huge health bost then searing blood.. your going to last longer in expos seiges and king of hill..

also u gotta mention like range is hard to start with for expos but for attacks its good but down the line later on its a beast of tatto!..

sniper is probly the easier tatto and straight forward to go for tbh.. 2h melee takes too much time. not sure about range
but gunman and sniper u can go for badges from the off..

im sure you get what i mean Tongue
12-12-2011 12:30 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

@Sin feel free to email me when your done mate

@sparxs ill be pointing out why i chose to be a cultist ahead of any other class. Btw,,,,its WASNT beacause of searing blood Smile

im planning to record tonight so yea Smile should be good

12-12-2011 14:25 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

count me out ...i forgot xmas is in 13 days ...won't have time to make/edit a video before next year ...have enough info for 1 minute of video but would be a waste of time ...my apologies

12-12-2011 17:01 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

no edits needed lol

just a recording of a walkthrough, if it takes more than 7 minutes your doing it wrong :p

but no worries dude Smile

12-12-2011 17:28 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

lol 7 minutes? maybe i should watch your video first to see the type of walkthrough you're doing ...when i'm helping people, i assume they know nothing about the topic ...so you have to say points of progress, not pop ...say hit points, not hp ...say blood points, not bp ...and break down everything as if you're talking to a kindergarten student ...just my opinion

there's more information to cover in the first 20-25 levels because it's probably smarter to choose your path (tattoo for the future?) before you join a clan.

12-12-2011 17:57 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

choice of path depends on each persons preffered style of play

ill be doing my walkthrough based on a gunman build, this si where i have most experience and so where i can help the most - this aint a 1 man mission to overhaul the tutorial system, its onna take a few of us to pull toether if we want this to work

EDIT: ok. so it turns out that i actually have NO camera confidence at all Red Face every time i try and record this tutorial i totally freeze up and go blank

looks like i wont be able to do this after all, im sorry guys

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by demonfury v2: 12-13-2011 12:37.

12-12-2011 18:55 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » idea???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH