Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Backup till 4:30 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Backup till 4:30
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Xx-Shane-xX

Registration Date: 01-13-2012
Race in game: Absorber

Backup till 4:30 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you carnt go online cuz of the back up till 4:30 why can you sign in at 3:15 again? :S

01-27-2012 03:13 Xx-Shane-xX is offline Search for Posts by Xx-Shane-xX Add Xx-Shane-xX to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Because if they said 3:15 then you'd be wondering why it's not up at 3:20 and posting more pointless threads on the forum...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-27-2012 06:16 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

back up is based on the size of the server, with more players there is more data to back up and therefore will take much longer to do

however because at current time this is only an 18k player server, the back up only takes about 15-18 minutes and so we are able to play again Smile the 1.5 hour time stated is just a provision

i hope this answer is somewhat more helpful then the above Smile

IGN: acidic shots
01-27-2012 08:25 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Xx-Shane-xX

Thread Starter Thread Started by Xx-Shane-xX

quote:
Originally posted by demonfury v2
back up is based on the size of the server, with more players there is more data to back up and therefore will take much longer to do

however because at current time this is only an 18k player server, the back up only takes about 15-18 minutes and so we are able to play again Smile the 1.5 hour time stated is just a provision

i hope this answer is somewhat more helpful then the above Smile

I get it thank mate and Evan I was only wondering and it's offtopic plus it's a valid question But if you like close it I got the info I needed

01-27-2012 14:05 Xx-Shane-xX is offline Search for Posts by Xx-Shane-xX Add Xx-Shane-xX to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009

What Evan means is that you could have EASILY PM'd him or another any other Mod and got the answer without creating another thread.

01-27-2012 17:25 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
What Evan means is that you could have EASILY PM'd him or another any other Mod and got the answer without creating another thread.

So we should do that with every question? jog on

out of interest what is it backing up and why?

01-27-2012 17:38 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009

Well yeah, with most questions that wouldnt require a thread to be made about it, I mean how many people will have a different view or say on what the actual backup time finishes at? Easier to PM.

01-27-2012 17:43 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Scotland The Brave.

Registration Date: 12-30-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
quote:

in case of server crash the back ot up from the previous day.
01-27-2012 17:43 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

quote:
quote:

the back up is so if so some reason the server nerfs, or gets hacked, all player data is backed up and restored, you wouldnt be to happy if after 2 years you logged in one day to see you 3k account with an expo kit worth over 200ss was a 1 pointer sat in z5 or worse completely deleted

thats what the back ups for, so all the data is saved and accessable incase anything like that ever happens

IGN: acidic shots
01-27-2012 18:13 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Xx-Shane-xX

Thread Starter Thread Started by Xx-Shane-xX

quote:
Originally posted by demonfury v2
quote:
quote:

the back up is so if so some reason the server nerfs, or gets hacked, all player data is backed up and restored, you wouldnt be to happy if after 2 years you logged in one day to see you 3k account with an expo kit worth over 200ss was a 1 pointer sat in z5 or worse completely deleted

thats what the back ups for, so all the data is saved and accessable incase anything like that ever happens

So there are meny different ways people are saying what the back up is for this is why i asked thanks guys

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Xx-Shane-xX: 01-27-2012 19:51.

01-27-2012 19:50 Xx-Shane-xX is offline Search for Posts by Xx-Shane-xX Add Xx-Shane-xX to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Backup till 4:30

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH