Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Character/Item Defence » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Character/Item Defence
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

Character/Item Defence Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: 29811

Problem description:
I have always been under the impression that item defence and character defence are 2 seperate entities.

If so, there's a big ol problem.

I have just enchanted an item in my armoury which gives +40 character defence. However, when i equip it with a weapon of suicide, it zeros the effect.

How can that be?

character defence +40
items defence = 0

surely then defence should still be +40???

If not there's a HUGE error in the jewellery sets, and tbh i'd be gutted if it turns out to be this way, as the planned set-up ive been going for is essentially ruined.

EDIT:

Read through tutorial again, and realised they do say that 'suicide' effect zeroes everything bar toughness.

Then i have another question... Is the distinction between 'item defence' and 'character defence' solely to make tattoos workable?

If so, it's pretty weak, and could do with clarifying that 'items defence=0' doesn't actually limit to 'items defence', but actually includes 'character defence'.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 01-31-2012 23:13.

01-31-2012 22:48 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

AS far as I remember item defence increases the stats on the item itself and character defence affects directly your character and not the item.

02-01-2012 14:44 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by NouveauNosferatu
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But fundamentally what difference is that then? Since if you're not wearing the item, it isn't gonna give you any defence.

Plus still doesn't explain why items defence=0 also nulls character defence
02-01-2012 17:14 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

does it also do the same with titanium set defence?

02-01-2012 22:52 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Yup, i've identified it's not specific to the item i mentioned above, so yes, this is no longer bug/problem, but it is an issue with the wording of the mechanisms in the game
02-01-2012 23:42 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Phaera

Registration Date: 03-16-2010

I can say that the +30 char defense from monk tattoo does not get canceled out, but the defense from titanium set does...
02-08-2012 01:07 Phaera is offline Search for Posts by Phaera Add Phaera to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Phaera
I can say that the +30 char defense from monk tattoo does not get canceled out, but the defense from titanium set does...

Perfect illustration of what i'm talking about.

How can character defence get wiped out in one sense but not another??

ANY chance of a reasonable explanation anytime soon?
02-08-2012 18:48 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Maybe it works like an Aura?

Edit: Ive had a few drinks and after re-reading the thread im not entirely sure my post makes any sense :/ Sorry

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 02-08-2012 19:55.

02-08-2012 19:51 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
ilovelhx

images/avatars/avatar-973.jpg

Registration Date: 04-08-2011

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
quote:

Char defense +X on Monk Tattoo - source Tattoo
Char defense +X on Titanium ring - source Item
Char defense +X from Enchant - source Item

Effect: items defence = 0

On polish server effect 'items defence = 0' stands for 'maximum defence from items = 0' and "from items' is a key part

02-10-2012 09:32 ilovelhx is offline Search for Posts by ilovelhx Add ilovelhx to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by ilovelhx
quote:
quote:

On polish server effect 'items defence = 0' stands for 'maximum defence from items = 0' and "from items' is a key part

Precisely, this needs to be adjusted to reflect the true nature of the effect in line with the Polish original
02-10-2012 18:58 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Inukiel

Registration Date: 12-29-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Dash

quote:
Originally posted by ilovelhx
quote:
quote:

Then what is the point in having character defence on items? If it is the same as item defence it should just give item defence instead.

Or is it to prevent it from working fully with tattoos that needs a certain defence?

I personally think that logically speaking character defence should work with item defence = 0 even if the source is an item.
I mean it still gives CHARACTER DEFENCE not item defence...

IGN = Nomiko
05-20-2012 17:02 Inukiel is offline Search for Posts by Inukiel Add Inukiel to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Inukiel
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Character/Item Defence

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH