Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » a few changes » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page a few changes 8 Votes - Average Rating: 3.258 Votes - Average Rating: 3.258 Votes - Average Rating: 3.25
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008
Race in game: Absorber

a few changes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think that the purfies special attack should only be allowed to be used in round 2 since its as good as horror or make horror activate in round one of koth since both stop player attacking except purifies works every round.

i also think that the + to hit for range weapons should be removed from the crit evo they are getting a weaker sniper tat we get +75 to hit at max and they get +60 when crit evo max so ether make it everyone gets it, remove it or make it much much smaller since it only benifits one weapon class and they get a hell of alot of attacks and they all use reaction.
02-27-2012 11:46 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Creed
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 02-24-2009
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For the Purifiers attacks I agree, its insane to have to ensure you have a gunner to deal with them, and is weaponist (if thats even a word haha?) everyone should be able to hit him, even if he has a 50% dodge rather than 100%.

As for the evo, its fine as it is, it hasnt broken the ranged users from what ive seen anymore than they already are.

I will check all messages and reply within 24 hours.

02-27-2012 23:11 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by darc
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

not yet it wont but at max lvl it will cause major problems think about it snipers hit 1 handed gunners even if they have higher perception now that got evened out with there legenday bonues but now light ranger weapons will get an extra bonus which is same as sniper tat and 1 hand gunner leg bonus. they dont need it.
its only coz 2 handed guns got a damage bonus that they got it plus they moaned about what we got 1st time round which crit mod instead of damage mod.
02-28-2012 01:33 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

This bonuses for light ranged is useful to compensate the -chance to hit from most weapons... for heavy crossbow you get +45 chance to hit for light(shurikens) you get -37...

and and and i don't see a big difference VS snipers or 1hg...this bonus is good only in expo because anyway ranged players can hit anyone, i am a ranged and i have problem with damage not to hit someone, except same ranged player or LVL 90+ assassins, berzekers or monks, they have too much agility, more that i have sum of perception and agility...

---------------------------

first part accepted...

02-28-2012 10:51 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Creed
Forum Ace

I agree with Grizly here, I honestly cant see a massive issue, I personally think ranged is a tad broken compared to other paths, but not due to this.. The evo is fine, and im sure has been passed through testing. But the purifer still stands and I dont know 1 person that thinks its fair how that one works currently.

02-28-2012 22:33 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

ok well am sure evo thing will crop up again at some point so i'll drop that for now.

so what do you think they should do about purfies. ive given my surgestions but is there anything else? plus with every other special kicking in at same time it near impossable to do since most players are well above optimal range aswell giving them bonus.
02-29-2012 01:59 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Creed
Forum Ace

I can see why purifier is in there and why it has such a high special, but id cut it down from a always dodge unless xxx, to a 50% dodge unless xxx, this way your not stoping everyone from having a go.

02-29-2012 07:41 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

it does what its intended to do imo. it encourages people to take a mixed and varied team so i dont think it needs tweaking

02-29-2012 15:08 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Creed
Forum Ace

Pops agree its good to have a mixed team, however of this is the intention then I personally feel another mob should be made so only melee can hit.. This forces a mixed team in that sense currently (although we don't see it) you could cut certain paths out of your koth, however maybe further up this happens? Just saying personally its a bit of a pain having to relay on guns to do the work for me.. ESP if they have all been used but there's a few melee guys free..

Main issue for me is I don't like when a game forces you to do something, although koth IMO is an amazing addition been forced to have a gunner in your party an relaying on tem to get the kill is annoying an several people feel this way.

02-29-2012 16:28 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

About melee thing, most the opponenets are melee based and wear a meleer (maybe ranger) can dodge most hits from sads and hounds etc gunners get the huge crits on them all the time.

I think maybe make it atleast 99% so there the chance you can hit not so its completelly 0 chance of hitting.

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
02-29-2012 16:35 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I don't think this situation is different from any other MMO. In a normal party you usually need a tank, a healer etc. and in this way you are "forced" to find someone to fill those roles. In BW there's no division between tank/healer/dps, but the principles are similar. You might succeed without a tank or without a healer but you won't be as effective.

02-29-2012 17:45 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tampax

Registration Date: 01-19-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
I don't think this situation is different from any other MMO. In a normal party you usually need a tank, a healer etc. and in this way you are "forced" to find someone to fill those roles. In BW there's no division between tank/healer/dps, but the principles are similar. You might succeed without a tank or without a healer but you won't be as effective.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT REFERENCE LOL NOOB HAX.

can it not be changed slightly, to 90% change to dodge, with the RNG thats effectively 100%, but it gives you a chance.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Tampax: 02-29-2012 20:31.

02-29-2012 20:28 Tampax is offline Search for Posts by Tampax Add Tampax to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

i find having a mixed team helps in most koths but that one guy takes out two weapon classes. and gunners dont have the same huge crit as melee or the number of attacks as ranged well 1 handed does.

i think it should work like this purfile does special attack then before a melee or ranger attack it should be a yes or no toss up but with higher chance to miss i think 80% is good with 20% chance to if yes then damage is worked out normally including if you hit. if no well you miss no working out if you hit or damage deallt and then next attack is don.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 03-02-2012 01:51.

03-02-2012 01:48 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Creed
Forum Ace

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=3f396ac17c

A reason why Purifer is broken IMO over 7 rounds of pure draw, coz the gunner got killed.. having 100% dodge is insane, and no character could have it so why can the purifer.. tis a tad annoying id say, just thought id back up previous statements with a good report.

03-04-2012 14:58 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » a few changes

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH