Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » i was bored so i did some maths- worked out exp boost for act 3 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page i was bored so i did some maths- worked out exp boost for act 3 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

i was bored so i did some maths- worked out exp boost for act 3 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Rebalanced expedition mobs' HP (for all Acts). From now on every consecutive location will provide more experience than the previous one.

was bored and wondered exactly what this meant

using this link i deciphered that: http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=04e2c65e1f
great step 2 gives a bonus of 83%
(could be 82.5% and server rounds up, ill explain later)

here is my working out:

total mob hp: 21413

levels of participants and their relative share of exp to three decimal places
(these are obtained by taking 100 and dividing by total number of levels then times by level of person in question)
lvl 88--23.592 (this will be times by 2 as its the host)
lvl 96--25.737
lvl 92--24.665
lvl 97--26.005

so using the host we can use maths backwards
21820 (was exp gained)
/ 118 (amount of exp gain with 18% tat boost)
* 100 (amount of exp gain without tat boost)
=18491.5254 ( this is my share of exp without tattoo

now divide it by 2 as im the host so i get a double bonus

=9245.7627 this is my share without tattoo as if i was a participant and not a host

now we know from the list above i should receive a share of 23.592% so we can assume this is that amount of the bosses hp or exp that is available to give out so we divide that amount by my share to give the single percent of the bosses exp

9245.7627/23.592= 391.902454

as this is a single percentile we now times by 100 to recieve the total amount of exp availible which is 39190 (rounding)

ok now we have that number we can use it to discover the bosses % boost from the location take the bosses hp
21413/100 = 214.13 to again receive a percentile

take boss exp and divide
39190/214.13
= 183.01966

so one percent of the boss exp is 183 times bigger than boss hp ergo its 83% increase

Below is the proven bonuses to mobs exp

White Tower.................NO BONUS
Desert of Sorrows.........NO BONUS
Desert Ephermeh..........NO BONUS
Hot Springs Oasis..........NO BONUS
Great Steppes..............ACT 2 BONUS
Golden Tower...............(proven to be 24%) ACT 2 BONUS
Devil`s Finger..............ACT 2 BONUS
Desert Ephermeh II......ACT 2 BONUS
Stone Swamps.............ACT 2 BONUS
Spidery Chasm............ACT 3 BONUS
Great Steppe II...........(proven to be 83%) ACT 3 BONUS
Mountains of Wisdom...(proven to be 97%) ACT 3 BONUS
Desert of Carapace......ACT 3 BONUS
Mountains of Change....ACT 3 BONUS
Temple of Death..........ACT 3 BONUS

theres my theory plz someone prove me wrong so we can determine the exact way in which exp has been boosted in act 3

if it is indeed correct all you need to do is look at mob hp differance between the two zones relative to the mobs inside and if the hp is less than 7.5%/8% differance then dont do that mob zone Smile simples, oh and factor in risk

thats enough math for today-agresiel out

This post has been edited 10 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 04-08-2012 13:47.

04-04-2012 11:06 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Agresiel
RE: i was bored so i did some maths- worked out exp boost for act 3 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=08bffdc3b7

boss hp was: 10822

Experience gained
lvl 74 Bombelek 3599
lvl 72 frankie-boy 3693
lvl 78 talounet 2108
lvl 69 DeathEssence (*) 7080 (his tat gave 12%)

using the same method of explanation i discovered the percent increase is

24 % in the golden tower

please do try and help me acquire the rest of the zones if people are interested

04-04-2012 12:27 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: DB

RE: i was bored so i did some maths- worked out exp boost for act 3 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Expeditions: Act 2: Added increased experience for defeating monsters from locations 5 and higher (the higher the location, the bigger the bonus).
Expeditions: Act 3: Added increased experience for defeating monsters from locations 10 and higher (the higher the location, the bigger the bonus). WARNING! Does not stack with Act 2 bonus.

1)first 4 location don't get exp bonus
2)for 2 act players bonus is from hydra
3) for 3 act players bonus is from arachne

04-04-2012 14:00 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It is late at night & your maths confuses me! Big Grin
So here's an act2 & act 3 Medusa report --- someone do the maths!

Act 2 medusa

Act 3 medusa

@ Cez - where did you get that info from? Is that in the Polish tutorial?

Edit - my tattoo gives me 20% bonus.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 04-04-2012 23:14.

04-04-2012 23:11 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: DB

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
It is late at night & your maths confuses me! Big Grin
So here's an act2 & act 3 Medusa report --- someone do the maths!

Act 2 medusa

Act 3 medusa

@ Cez - where did you get that info from? Is that in the Polish tutorial?

Edit - my tattoo gives me 20% bonus.

from change log

04-05-2012 11:38 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » i was bored so i did some maths- worked out exp boost for act 3

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH