Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » SOLVED:PC blue screening 0_o » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page SOLVED:PC blue screening 0_o 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

SOLVED:PC blue screening 0_o Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

please dont post if you have no idea of what you are talking about and also no "have you turned it off and then back on".

now im no idiot when it comes to this as Iv built and maintained PC's for years.

Yesterday when opening MW3 My computer epically crashed.

I formatted on the spot as it may have been caused by a virus etc (and I was looking for an excuse to do it tbh)

All my drivers are up to date.

My memory passed a 6 hour ram test.

GFX card survived after a 2 hours stress test ~ no crashes

Cooling isnt a problem ~ never goes above 60 degrees even under full load.

even my harddrive passed with no bad sectors.

I have had no problems with any other game... even had World of warcraft, Diablo 3 and LoL open at the same time running fine.

after formatting and reinstalling the game it happened again.

any ideas ladies?

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-20-2012 18:55 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

RE: PC blue screening 0_o Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Few questions.

Is this the first time you used this MW3.
If so is it disk or download and where did you get it from also is it preowned or new if disk?

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
04-20-2012 19:48 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do you have Daemon Tools / Alcohol 120 installed ?
04-20-2012 19:52 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
bloodDevil

Registration Date: 01-22-2012
Race in game: Cultist

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is usually a hardware problem.

WHEA = Windows Hardware Error Architecture

I read something ages ago if i remember right NTOSKRNL.EXE could be a problem with the keyboard.

Hope this helps.

04-20-2012 19:55 bloodDevil is offline Search for Posts by bloodDevil Add bloodDevil to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Thread Starter Thread Started by Paranoia

right.

It was working fine up until yesterday.. I do not have any Iso mounting software now the only games I play are legal Smile (for the most part)

The disk is in perfect condition has only been used twice.

I know what a WHEA error is and the fact that I have tested 99% of my hardware is the reason im confused 0_o

quote:

Smile

04-20-2012 20:20 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
bloodDevil

Registration Date: 01-22-2012
Race in game: Cultist

NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt.

Cause

Keyboard issue
Miscellaneous corruption
Corrupt boot.ini file.
Missing boot.ini file.
Missing or corrupt ntoskrnl.exe file.
Windows NT installed on a partition bigger then 7.8GB
Corrupted hard disk drive or severely corrupted Windows.

04-20-2012 20:38 bloodDevil is offline Search for Posts by bloodDevil Add bloodDevil to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Are you overclocking ? Probably not but just in case if you are, better stop that dirty habit.

But apart from antiviruses who have been known to be the cause of BSODs on Windows 7, there's a good chance that this doesn't really come from your hardware.

The only problem with RAM is that even 6 hour long stress tests can bring back "false positives" as they might still be damaged but the stress tests doesn't always detect it. It can skip over it and you could run the test 100 times and still not see it.

As for why I was asking about Alcohol 120 and Daemon is because their boot files have a tendancy to get registered much earlier than any other files in the boot sequence and they usually end up taking unwanted resources that frequently cause BSODs once you launch applications such as MW3. This is a problem with the Windows 7 boot sequence that has yet to be fixed.

In regards to the hardware in itself, if the problem comes from it, I have read everything you wrote and I understand your drivers are up to date.

Now, that being said, there are two types of drivers that are often forgotten and lead to BSODs.
1 - Motherboard drivers, cause number one in BSODs.
2 - if you are running a RAID, than these drivers usually don't update automatically and you might have to do this manually.

See if any of this helps.

Finally, as I mentionned earlier, antiviruses can often generate these errors 0x124, especially Norton so if you have anything Symantec related, best remove that.

quote:
Originally posted by bloodDevil

Cause

Keyboard issue
Miscellaneous corruption
Corrupt boot.ini file.
Missing boot.ini file.

You seem to have amazing google skills.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sapling: 04-20-2012 20:49.

04-20-2012 20:48 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
Originally posted by Sapling
quote:
Originally posted by bloodDevil

Cause

Keyboard issue
Miscellaneous corruption
Corrupt boot.ini file.
Missing boot.ini file.

You seem to have amazing google skills.

my thoughts exactly....

straight after the format I updated the chipset drivers with the latest versions from the ASUS website.

I refuse to run raid as all it seems to do is be a pain in the bum.

I have never seen the point in overclocking especially not with a stock cooler and whats the point when my computer (usually) runs what I want to to.

I will never touch norton mainly because I hate them 0_o.. nothing personal :p

quote:

Smile

04-20-2012 21:06 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Have you tried wiggling the leads about?

04-20-2012 21:12 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Sapling
Triple Ace

I will sleep on it and usually in my dreams, my solutions to IT problems come (I kid you not).

Until then stay away from MW3, I hear it makes you kill people anyway.

Ah, one last thing. There is one thing that is near to impossible to fix and can happen for any reason at anytime and will literally mess up your computer.

Cluster displacement and cluster corruption on your Hard Drive.

That could well be the cause of a 124, and if that's the case, you have two options :

1 - Deep Format/Low Level Format. There are programs on the net for that. It's usually a last resort solution but it has been known to fix these issues (although I have never had to use it since Windows 7 came out).
2 - Buy a new HDD.

I know you said your hard drive passed with no bad sectors, but sometimes a simple defrag can help. Don't know if you did that, it's sometimes the most obvious solutions we miss. I should know, I'm more blind than a bat when it comes to seeing what's right in front of my nose.

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
Have you tried wiggling the leads about?

I would also suggest swipping your HDD 7 times in round circles with a large magnet Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sapling: 04-20-2012 21:14.

04-20-2012 21:13 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

meh ... I might just go buy myself a nice new SSD :/

EDIT:

Updated Bios to a newer version and verified the MW3 game cashe...

they had done a stealth update to MW 3 that caused massive software Issues that caused false positives for hardware corruption in the OS.

would love it if they could update something so that it actually works for a change :/

CLOSED

quote:

Smile

04-20-2012 21:54 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » SOLVED:PC blue screening 0_o

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH