Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Apply for an expo before reset hour » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Apply for an expo before reset hour 24 Votes - Average Rating: 7.3824 Votes - Average Rating: 7.38
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Alexandrua

Registration Date: 02-27-2011

Apply for an expo before reset hour Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was wondering if we could apply for an expo before 00:00.
I live in Romania and it`s 02:00 when reset hours comes so it would be pretty nice for me if i could apply for an expo even if i joined an expo that day and be taken in after midnight. This way i wouldn`t have to wake up at 2 a clock just to apply.

Please don`t message telling me to just wake up or stay up - i know that`s what many of you think.

Does anyone think it`s a good idea?
05-08-2012 18:56 Alexandrua is offline Search for Posts by Alexandrua Add Alexandrua to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
so it would be pretty nice for me

you say that and then want us to think its not JUST for you and you should stay up..

Its a UK server.. i don't play an American game and then complain about the timer being in American.
05-08-2012 19:09 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Alexandrua

Thread Starter Thread Started by Alexandrua
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i was giving a valid argument from my point of view (i think bloodwars wants paying players no matter their nationality)
05-08-2012 19:22 Alexandrua is offline Search for Posts by Alexandrua Add Alexandrua to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Well you can offer to trade squares and not be able to (hit accept and the timer is given) so why not for expos and koths?

Flash you are forgetting that alot of our playerbase is european. poland, slovakia, spain to name but a few so it wont be JUST for one person.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-08-2012 20:22 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Yeah i should go to the French version and complain about their timer being in French.. Or Russian.. and so on
05-08-2012 20:25 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Alexandrua

Did I request the reset be at 22:00? NO! I asked if maybe we can have the same feature as when we swap squares.
05-08-2012 20:36 Alexandrua is offline Search for Posts by Alexandrua Add Alexandrua to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

noone is complaining about the timer.

I would personally love to be able to apply to an expo before midnight and bugger off to bed.

Alot of people work early in the mornings and being able to apply and log off, safe in the knowledge that you will be accepted into the expo after midnight would be a very nice feature.

There is no need to shoot down an idea just because you see it as a complaint about timezones.

(for the record, im British and live in the UK before anyone says im biased)

quote:
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-08-2012 20:37 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

3 ratings all with 1.00 and you think im the only one shooting the idea down? nobody else just wants to post..

edit ;

how ironic that after i post this that there's 2 extra votes appeared that are no longer 1.00 Tongue
05-08-2012 20:40 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Alexandrua

Thank you for sharing my exacts thoughts Paranoia!
05-08-2012 20:40 Alexandrua is offline Search for Posts by Alexandrua Add Alexandrua to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

It would be great to be able to do that, as Para said people who work early in the morning (I would be an example of that most weekends) would greatly appreciate being able to apply and go to bed.

I don't see how there would be any repercussions if it was implemented tbh.

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
05-08-2012 20:53 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Boot Camp

The game is for majority of people, it shouldn't adapt to only a few ones . I don't think it should ever be debated one word again .

Should I do holidays in China that I would make ease by being profitable in night European timeframe . Having Canadians in French servers are therefore useful .

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 05-08-2012 23:00.

05-08-2012 22:55 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Alexandrua

Hmm, I wonder if any of you understand the word debate. If everyone is so against it why don`t you give an argument to support your opinion.

The code for this already exists so it`s wouldn`t be a big deal to implement.

I didn`t ask for game mechanics to change so what i have heard till now is from you guys is irrelevant. I just asked for an additional option
05-09-2012 02:05 Alexandrua is offline Search for Posts by Alexandrua Add Alexandrua to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008
Clan: BoS

I agree. I get asked all the time to join things after midnight when I go to bed at roughly 11pm every night, would be nice to have this option available.

05-09-2012 12:06 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009

Yeah this'd be good, although I am online most nights til 4am, I DO need to start sleeping earlier so this'd be nice to get me back into a regular sleep pattern.

05-09-2012 14:19 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Deadliest-Warrior

Registration Date: 04-17-2012
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: D-A

I love this idea as my net gets switched off before midnight so if i was able to join an expo then i could get some sleep for college days 10,00 rating of me

Cuz i have to use my credit on my phone just to get online after midnight and i use to much credit so this idea is one to be looked at

(now lets see what the devs think)

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Deadliest-Warrior: 05-09-2012 17:17.

05-09-2012 17:13 Deadliest-Warrior is offline Search for Posts by Deadliest-Warrior Add Deadliest-Warrior to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

I personally think it's a great idea.

Even if I was on UK timezone (which I am not), I would sometimes want to go to bed early, there are quite a lot of adults who play this game and just like many of them, I sometimes have had a really long day at work and want to go to bed early. And I have clan mates who start expos, and they need more help than expected, and I could join them but have to wait midnight (which in my case is 2 am).

So I don't know why you're shooting it down Flash, it's a great idea and if we have that ability with squares, it should be available with expos too.

Probably not hard to code in, and would be useful to 90% of the people out there (except the few like Flash).

Edit : So apart from Flash, everyone in this thread said they liked the idea. I think we can get a good opinion of what the community wants like this.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sapling: 05-09-2012 17:39.

05-09-2012 17:38 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
acidic shots
unregistered

great idea

i work STUPID amounts of hours, so on a working day, i have very limited time, this would mean i could get a decent nights sleep and still be able to offer my help to clan members without having to stay up additional hours them im pressed to spare on many occasions
05-11-2012 00:52
Tezzeret

Registration Date: 04-27-2012

This is definitely worth considering, as people seem to be echoing. The ability to be able to do such would be a cure for the bloodwars insomnia that seems to occur. I suffer the effect of normal insomnia so it is not such an issue to me, always shattered. All I can say however is that this would be implemented based on the fact people like to do their expeditions at midnight rather than during the day or early evening, so it would be a player driven change, as it should be realistically.

Alexandrua is it possible for you to ask your clan members to do expeditions at different times? This still gets a thumbs up from me however.

I apologise if there is some sort of bloodwars expedition etiquette that I am ignorant of, but this is how I have seen expeditions conducted so far.

05-12-2012 02:55 Tezzeret is offline Search for Posts by Tezzeret Add Tezzeret to your Buddy List
Alexandrua

Well, i can`t ask for other to change the way they play. I could just give up helping Smile .

It won`t cure bw insomnia since you still have to wake up to start the expo if you want (i can`t do that...i start in the morning) and you will always wake up for a good auction.

High ranked players wake up for the game anyway so they will just get more sleep out of this. Smaller players would benefit even more from it i think since they are not that addicted
05-12-2012 06:40 Alexandrua is offline Search for Posts by Alexandrua Add Alexandrua to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

It gets my vote - anything to allow me to sleep more often is good in my books. Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-12-2012 07:30 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

i like the idea too. i suppose you could do the same for koth too

05-28-2012 15:55 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
lester123

Registration Date: 06-05-2012

spam
06-05-2012 09:03 lester123 is offline Search for Posts by lester123 Add lester123 to your Buddy List
Alexandrua

any devs have an opinion?
06-05-2012 11:36 Alexandrua is offline Search for Posts by Alexandrua Add Alexandrua to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

quote:
quote:

you say that and then want us to think its not JUST for you and you should stay up..

Its a UK server.. i don't play an American game and then complain about the timer being in American.

I must say I agree with this, there's so many timezones we just cannot satisfy everyone. You'll have to wait for a Romanian server, there probably will be one eventually Smile

06-06-2012 08:39 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
quote:
quote:

I must say I agree with this, there's so many timezones we just cannot satisfy everyone. You'll have to wait for a Romanian server, there probably will be one eventually Smile

So everyone else says they like it, but you decide to look at the first quote and use it as an argument against the idea ?

Nice.
06-06-2012 09:06 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Clan: Boot Camp

At least he's not rejecting the idea . Everybody should be happy with that, but it's all or nothing, " you put it immediatly or get lost " . If it must be done it must be discussed long enough or it will be badly made .

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 06-06-2012 11:44.

06-06-2012 11:36 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Sapling
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Grevenet
At least he's not rejecting the idea . Everybody should be happy with that, but it's all or nothing, " you put it immediatly or get lost " . If it must be done it must be discussed long enough or it will be badly made .

Because what szejszej just did was discussing the idea ?

I hope you're kidding...
06-06-2012 11:48 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Alexandrua

it was a joke from ces and we didn`t get it Happy

at least i tried
06-06-2012 12:16 Alexandrua is offline Search for Posts by Alexandrua Add Alexandrua to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Apply for an expo before reset hour

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH