Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Importance of Agillity difference » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Importance of Agillity difference
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AyAgi

Registration Date: 12-09-2010

Importance of Agillity difference Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thinking of balance in the game!
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=08d4f4d81d
I attacked and have 4 points of agillity less than the vamp im attacking.
we are quite evenly matched and both 1 hand melee users, still he dodges more than 50% of my attacks!!! not coumting his feints.

if we both had round 20 points of agillity 4 points would be much but the difference between 290 and 294 points is 1.4 % difference!

I think those 4 points of agillity plays a too big roll in the outcome of the ambush.

this could be a coincidence i know but Its been the same result everytime.

a wile back i had 3 points more than another 1 hand melee user and he had no chance.

Could it be posibble to look it over?
the difference in agillity giving Dodge chance could be calculated in relative percentage?
09-01-2012 21:13 AyAgi is offline Search for Posts by AyAgi Add AyAgi to your Buddy List
brundlefly
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-24-2010
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: bunnies

RE: Importance of Agillity difference Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

chance to hit is also added in these calculations....

3 chance to hit=1 agility...

sometimes this depends on weapons and armoury that people and different races...

im not saying this is the case but it could well b a factor.
09-01-2012 21:25 brundlefly is offline Search for Posts by brundlefly Add brundlefly to your Buddy List
AyAgi

Thread Starter Thread Started by AyAgi
spy reports Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=168dc5064e

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=db38371333

almost same setup
as seen in ambush report same evolutions except i have some more
09-01-2012 21:28 AyAgi is offline Search for Posts by AyAgi Add AyAgi to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Your chances to hit this guy were equal to: 45%. What did you expect from weapons with penalty to hit?

quote:
IGN: Atomos

09-01-2012 21:30 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Clan: Boot Camp

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There isn't any problem, that's how one-handed melee are built and four agility points aren't unrecoverable . And sometimes luck may play a role .

09-02-2012 08:13 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
AyAgi

Your chances to hit this guy were equal to: 45%. What did you expect from weapons with penalty to hit?

well he has got the same weapons same tattoos and same gear more or less.
We both have hardened tendons at 4 giving +4% dodge so if as u state my chance to hit is 45 % what would his hit% be?

Grevenet: true he has got 5 luck due to race.
we have the same crit%
4 agillity and 5 luck is the differences of importance here, right?
09-02-2012 13:53 AyAgi is offline Search for Posts by AyAgi Add AyAgi to your Buddy List
AyAgi

luck's importance Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the difference in luck would make a difference of 2%
09-02-2012 13:57 AyAgi is offline Search for Posts by AyAgi Add AyAgi to your Buddy List
AyAgi

What im stating is I think the importance of agillity could be counted in % ?
4 points of agillity give 12 points tohit bonus.
if I would have 400 agillity and he 404 tghe difference would be the same and i would have no chance at winning.
seeing the relative differens in stats the bonus u get is out of proportion.
09-02-2012 14:01 AyAgi is offline Search for Posts by AyAgi Add AyAgi to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

ok.. ill put it like this

say you have 200 agility and -30 chance to hit

that gives you a chance to hit of:
(200*3)-30= 570

now to convert that into an agility you can hit its:

570/3= 190

now say you are both even apart from say 5 agility.
(identical gear 5 stats comes from training for the sake of argument)

person 2

205 agility and -30 chance to hit

(205*3)-30=585

now as an agility he can hit:

585/3=195

Both of you are trying to hit the other one but both of your agility is higher than the agility you are able to hit hence all of the misses.

Want to hit him get rid of some of the negative to hit or get more agility.

I apologise maka for this BUT I need you as an example.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=30e9915c99

^^ makavelli

He has +28 agility from evos

he has a total of 430 agility in an ambush

total chance to hit is:
-25 from bandanna
-14 from 1 thunderfist
-16 from the other
----------------------------
-55 chance to hit

(430*3)-55=1235

1235/3=411.666

He can hit up to 412 agility 90% of the time without factoring in luck.

To hit means alot guys learn how it works.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

09-02-2012 15:37 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia

I apologise maka for this BUT I need you as an example.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=30e9915c99

^^ makavelli

He has +28 agility from evos

he has a total of 430 agility in an ambush

total chance to hit is:
-25 from bandanna
-14 from 1 thunderfist
-16 from the other
----------------------------
-55 chance to hit

(430*3)-55=1235

1235/3=411.666

He can hit up to 412 agility 90% of the time without factoring in luck.

To hit means alot guys learn how it works.

He has an enchantment of chance to hit with all weapons +35, so that makes it -20, not -55 Smile So..

(430*3)-20=1270

1270/3=423.333

So he can hit up to about 423(?) agility without factoring in luck Smile

Just thought I'd point out the enchantment :p

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D: 09-02-2012 15:47.

09-02-2012 15:46 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

meh you are right but I was more pointing out the difference in chance to hit on items seeing as the 2 people that were in the ambush at the beginning had no enchant for to hit,.. if you really want to be pedantic you can start factoring in the luck from 14lvls of power of blood too, off you go.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

09-02-2012 15:49 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
AyAgi

thx noia :) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this would be the calculation then:

me:
290*3-26=844
844/3=281.3
hence i can hit agillity 281.3 at 90% ?? then what chance of hitting 294?

him:
294*3-25=857
857/3= 285.6 how do i ad the 2 % from luck?
would he hit agillity 285.6 at 92 %?

Whats the formula for the detoriation of % chancee?
09-02-2012 16:36 AyAgi is offline Search for Posts by AyAgi Add AyAgi to your Buddy List
brundlefly
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-24-2010
Clan: bunnies

tbh ayagi sometimes ive tried to understand these things and sometimes u just have to put some attacks down to luck...

mayb u just got unlucky alot in this certain attack...

best way to help the situation..get more agility that the guy.

im melee as u know and sometimes i dont understand but then i just shoot for high agility Wink
09-02-2012 18:57 brundlefly is offline Search for Posts by brundlefly Add brundlefly to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

That's how I do it:

base chance to hit = 70%
1 point of agility = +/- 3%
1 point of bonus chance to hit(if you're using two weapons each penalty/bonus works seperately unless stated otherwise) = +/- 1%

Your agility: 290
His agility: 294

your chance to hit him: 70 - 4 x 3 - 13 = 70 - 12 - 13 = 45% Tongue

EDIT#2: or you can do it this way: 70 + 3 x 290 - 13 - 3 x 294 = 70 + 870 - 13 - 882 = 45%

The luck stat changes only the maximum/minimum chance to hit(the base one are: 90% and 10%). Stuff gets complicated when you use legendary weapons with % bonus chance to hit. Take a look at this:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=539281addc
PERCEPTION: 115
bonus chance to hit from gear: +2
chance to hit increased by 27 %
opponents perception(just a fictional example): 160

Here's how you calculate it: (70 + 115 x 3 + 2) x 1.27 - 3 x 160 = (70 + 345 + 2) x 1.27 - 480 = 417 x 1.27 - 480 = 529.59 - 480 = 49.59%

Problem?

EDIT: those formulas are based on info that admins revealed.

quote:

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 09-02-2012 20:32.

09-02-2012 20:20 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
AyAgi

might be stupid but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

base chance to hit = 70% when is there a 70% chance to hit? u call it base chance. is that when i attack my agillity 290*3-26 =281.3
do i hve 70% chance to hit 281.3 agillity?
1 point of agility = +/- 3% i.e. 1 point tohit = 1% to hit?
1 point of bonus chance to hit(if you're using two weapons each penalty/bonus works seperately unless stated otherwise) = +/- 1%
this means the bonus from tattoos giving 90 to hit bonus = 90 % bonus.. can't be can it?
Your agility: 290
His agility: 294

your chance to hit him: 70 - 4 x 3 - 13 = 70 - 12 - 13 = 45% what is the -13 here? the first one. and the -12?
09-02-2012 22:53 AyAgi is offline Search for Posts by AyAgi Add AyAgi to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

RE: might be stupid but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WOW! Wait a second!
quote:
Originally posted by AyAgi
base chance to hit = 70% when is there a 70% chance to hit? u call it base chance. is that when i attack my agillity 290*3-26 =281.3
do i hve 70% chance to hit 281.3 agillity?
(if you're using two weapons each penalty/bonus works seperately unless stated otherwise) = +/- 1%

penalties from each thunderfists work seperately. So you have 70% chance to hit a target with: (290 x 3 - 13) / 3 = (870 - 13) / 3 = 857 / 3 = 285.6(6) agility
quote:
1 point of agility = +/- 3% i.e. 1 point tohit = 1% to hit?

Yes. One point of agility is equal to 3 points of bonus chance to hit in terms of hitting.
quote:
this means the bonus from tattoos giving 90 to hit bonus = 90 % bonus.. can't be can it?

Yes, but remember it might still not be enough to hit targets with high agility/perception.

quote:
your chance to hit him: 70 - 4 x 3 - 13 = 70 - 12 - 13 = 45% what is the -13 here? the first one. and the -12?

- 13 is the penalty of your thunderfist
- 12 is the penalty you get for the agility disadvantage.

if you don't like that way, then you can use the method I described in 2nd editing of that post.

quote:

09-03-2012 14:32 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
AyAgi

Thx Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think I'm starting to get it.
tricky thig is points r/t %
why talk of tohit points when 1 point= 1 %
would be easier to talk about tohit% only and state 1 agillity = 3%

anyway thx Smile

....but....

hehehe...

the dodgebonuses from enchants or evolutions are calculated separately and before the tohit chances of Agillity/perc, right?

question. are they cumulative or each counted apart?
F.ex. If I have a 4%dodge chance from hardened tendons at lvl 4 and 8% from mutated DNA do I have a 12% dodge or do i have one 4% and then one 8%

just had to ask..

if cumulative u can get quite good dodge% if u get an enchantment and the wings dodge Smile
beeing a monk u would get the dodge guns on top Smile
09-04-2012 16:44 AyAgi is offline Search for Posts by AyAgi Add AyAgi to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

RE: Thx Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
the dodgebonuses from enchants or evolutions are calculated separately and before the tohit chances of Agillity/perc, right?

question. are they cumulative or each counted apart?
F.ex. If I have a 4%dodge chance from hardened tendons at lvl 4 and 8% from mutated DNA do I have a 12% dodge or do i have one 4% and then one 8%

just had to ask..

if cumulative u can get quite good dodge% if u get an enchantment and the wings dodge Smile
beeing a monk u would get the dodge guns on top Smile

The dodge bonuses are cumulative, and capped at 30%. It works before the hit check.

quote:

09-04-2012 18:58 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Importance of Agillity difference

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH