Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Character defence should not count as item defence » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Character defence should not count as item defence 6 Votes - Average Rating: 7.006 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Hyperion

Registration Date: 04-22-2012

Character defence should not count as item defence Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok so currently "character" defence is being counted as "item" defence

this means the suicide and vengeance suffix's cancel out both the "character defence" and also the "item defence"

how is this so? character defence isnt exactly an item so it should not be counted as such.

for vengeance/suicide users we have only our toughness now as defence and with people now being able to manage 500 defence + along with a very good damage rate (not to mention someone finding 4 def per 4 levels enchantment!!!) it leaves us beserkers in a pickle with those char's also managing to wield sometimes near the same equip and can also easily hit us. Beserkers already got shafted in the exp tattoo department along with not exactly brilliant other tattoo's so i think it would only be fair to allow us compete with those with ridiculous defence!

Conclusion(for those lazy people Big Grin ): Character defence should not be neutralised when using veng/suicide (which state ONLY item defence =0)

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by Hyperion: 09-05-2012 17:42.

09-05-2012 13:44 Hyperion is offline Search for Posts by Hyperion Add Hyperion to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

RE: Character defence should not count as item defence Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Item Defence/Character Defence Tongue

Y U NO USE SEARCH BUTTON? Tongue

Raaawwwwrrrrr.

09-06-2012 18:24 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the question was never answered it was just decided that it wasn't a bug
09-07-2012 01:13 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

but if character defence is applied to an item, does it not then become items defence as the defence is gained by equiping said item?

09-07-2012 11:20 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

but i thought it was like toughness being applied to you but bit gets ingored by guns ect more
09-07-2012 14:10 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Item defence should effect only item defence and should be seperate to character defence

Item defence example:

Perfect Elvish Kilt of the Sun* (+1)
Pants (Only for males)
Defence: 144 (Originally 44)
Effects: APPEARANCE +43, AGILITY +27, LUCK +4, damage of all weapons +1 for every 4 levels, item defence increased by 1 for every 4 levels, item defence +3, PERCEPTION +22, chance to hit with melee weapons -32, Item defence +100
Requirements: LEVEL: 96 (126), STRENGTH: 86 (113), AGILITY: 35 (46), TOUGHNESS: 42 (55)
Value: 92 700 Lgo
Value: Nanites 1126, Mana 4207

Character defence example:

Perfect Elvish Kilt of the Sun* (+1)
Pants (Only for males)
Defence: 44 (Item defence not effected but character defence is boosted)
Effects: APPEARANCE +43, AGILITY +27, LUCK +4, damage of all weapons +1 for every 4 levels, item defence increased by 1 for every 4 levels, item defence +3, PERCEPTION +22, chance to hit with melee weapons -32, char defence +6 for every 4 levels, TOUGHNESS -2
Requirements: LEVEL: 96 (126), STRENGTH: 86 (113), AGILITY: 35 (46), TOUGHNESS: 42 (55)
Value: 92 700 Lgo
Value: Nanites 1126, Mana 4207

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 09-07-2012 17:49.

09-07-2012 17:49 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
PhuctiphinO

images/avatars/avatar-334.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: The Source

Yup im not sure what to do at present , as berserker its become increasingly fustrating trying to play , more so since evo's and such like have been introduced Frown

Seams if u aint using a sniper ect u not gonna get very far
09-09-2012 16:22 PhuctiphinO is offline Search for Posts by PhuctiphinO Add PhuctiphinO to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Dev's??

09-20-2012 13:43 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Character defence should not count as item defence

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH