Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Watch more items on auctions - premium option » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Watch more items on auctions - premium option 16 Votes - Average Rating: 5.25
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS - SAN

Watch more items on auctions - premium option Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is one of these features that doesn't really give an advantage in terms of gameplay and that I am sure the devs could price at 5 days of premium for one month of +25 items on watchlist or something along those lines.

If an option like this exists, it's up to people to buy it or not so I don't really see any arguments against it, but fire away if you see a downside to it.

Support the idea and then maybe we can have the devs implement it if it receives enough support.
10-14-2012 11:18 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

v. 1.2.0 7 December 2009

Increased the number of watched auction from 3 to 8.

why would you need more than 8
10-14-2012 11:33 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Sapling
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by darc
v. 1.2.0 7 December 2009

Increased the number of watched auction from 3 to 8.

why would you need more than 8

Because when you're building a new one hand weapon and new pants and a new head (which is what most of us do because we constantly have new projects for better gear etc) then you need to watch usually a lot of items.

I regularly have over 20 items I want to watch and end up forgetting about half of them cos I can't watch them all.

It's up to the people to decide why they would need it, but as far as I can see it would be a premium option and it would not create any disadvantage gameplay wise so if people want more it's always good.

Edit : And 2009 patch ? Really ? The game has evolved quite a LOT in the past 3+ years, our gear needs have evolved, the items traded have evolved, the complicated merge paths have evolved and people usually buy a lot more than they did in 2009.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sapling: 10-14-2012 11:39.

10-14-2012 11:38 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

perhaps, maybe the extra money would compensate for the extra strain on the server?
if it didnt affect anything like that, then i dont see any reason why not - if it isnt relevant to 9/10 of the server, then you simply dont get it Tongue

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

10-14-2012 11:40 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

well if you need that many items to merge then you should concentrate on one item. 8 is more than enough ive never needed to watch more than 8 items unless all the items you looking at must all fin at same time and on same day.

maybe you should stop looking for stuff you have to pay for and start ideas for what would help everyone which might get new players in this game
10-14-2012 12:44 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

quote:
well if you need that many items to merge then you should concentrate on one item. 8 is more than enough ive never needed to watch more than 8 items unless all the items you looking at must all fin at same time and on same day.

maybe you should stop looking for stuff you have to pay for and start ideas for what would help everyone which might get new players in this game

You're pretty clueless aren't you ?

You want ideas on how to get people to this game ?

- marketing campaign
- advertisement on mmorpg websites
- incentives for new players
- money, money, money and more money to invest into ad, com and marketing.

Unfortunately the devs don't see it as something very important because the player base is too small to justify investing important sums of money into advertisement. If the current player base were to wield more Return on Investment then most likely the level of revenues would be enough to justify an increase in expenditures related to marketing and advertising.

But I don't suppose that's something you have thought about have you ? You obviously think money falls from the skies for the bloodwars team.

Giving the current player base more options on which they can spend money can only be a good thing.

IF these things are not giving players unfair advantages but rather help create a feeling of more available possibilities, then there is absolutely no reason for you to shoot it down. You should only support it.

But I guess that's too much of a developed reasoning for you to have. ROI, expenditures, marketing, maximizing profits, etc ... such complicated concepts.
10-14-2012 12:54 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

quote:

At times 25 wouldn't be enough

I have to set reminders on my phone, there isn't normally a day where I'm not watching 8

As for the concentrate on one item... It takes month, years sometimes for a piece to show up that is the right item

And for the get new players in... Why should he concentrate on that? It's what the dev's are paid for. This could benefit lots of people, just saying

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 10-14-2012 12:58.

10-14-2012 12:56 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
darc
Viking

or how about ways when a new player starts playing thinking of ways to make game more intresting and better for them. take the hint there is enough ways for players to pay for this game and they take them options all the time just like i do premium then shorting.

theres is other options but dont get used often (unless you mr snowman)

stop with the focus on buy buy buy. if anyone is clueless look in mirror then you might get a clue. because you seem to think that money falls from the skies for all the bw players

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 10-14-2012 13:26.

10-14-2012 13:00 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Esmerelda

images/avatars/avatar-715.jpg

Registration Date: 05-26-2010

8 items is enough to watch, if you are that desperate for an item then look in the list and its there for you to see, I only ever watch 2 or 3 items at a time and that is plenty

10-14-2012 13:04 Esmerelda is offline Search for Posts by Esmerelda Add Esmerelda to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Esmerelda
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011

Well the people than can't or won't pay for it don't have to have it

10-14-2012 19:18 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

I think its funny, first people say - no its a bad idea because 8 is enough, then they say its a bad idea becasue they have to pay for it

Point is ... more money into the game = better the game will be. No more talking about less premium options... for gods sake BW is a freemium game, the cash shop is the game developers ONLY way of making money from it.... well it is on uk servers and they dont get very much from us at that

If they added another 50 premium options, i wouldnt think any less of them, as long as they arnt game changing things. Added more to the areas that dont affect basic gameplay is always a plus!

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

10-14-2012 22:24 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Like I said, if you don't want to buy it then don't. We don't need to hear life stories of how 3 euros is too much to spare for people who play video games and obviously have better things to do than look for a paying job.

In essence, as it has been said, a change that can only bring positive results and does not affect gameplay in itself and does not create disadvantages can only be seen as a positive change.

Any argument against it fails.

And yes, I have a pretty high opinion of myself. Hate me.
10-15-2012 09:51 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by Sapling

In essence, as it has been said, a change that can only bring positive results and does not affect gameplay in itself and does not create disadvantages can only be seen as a positive change.

Any argument against it fails.

Levi pretty much said it.

This change would be acceptable as it bears no impact on the state of the game... +1 from me

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

10-15-2012 14:28 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Boot Camp

I agree too, it would not overload server by an inch

10-15-2012 14:45 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

I doubt I'd make use of this myself, but I agree that this would have no negative impact on the game so no harm in it at all.
If anyone thinks it's of no use, then they can just not pay for it, simple as!

10-16-2012 15:40 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Watch more items on auctions - premium option

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH