Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Fix or Remove Gender Locked Gear » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fix or Remove Gender Locked Gear 7 Votes - Average Rating: 3.577 Votes - Average Rating: 3.57
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

Fix or Remove Gender Locked Gear Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. Not told before hand how game changing gender can be.

2. Its so insanely IMBA

3. Makes no sense:
-- Why cant a female post apocaliptic blood crazed murdering vampire not wear a tailcoat or a bandana?
-- In what world cant a male wear a headband?
-- Never mind one in which you can walk around wearing just a crown, a cape (with no other chest clothing) and a kilt .... yeaaaa... thats a lot of skin on show

Fair enough its cool to have it... but limiting the bonuses to gender is wrong, the way its set now, its a game breaking system.

e.g. Female snipers are boned in the backside! Headband defence bonus is useless mid game, maybe better when you move off snipers to ak or w/e but even then wouldnt they prefer the damage?

Ok yea you can say that females should just pick another tattoo that the headband works better for? Yea thats an .... awkward way to work things.
Yup... they could restart and change race if their that determined, as their is no premium option!

Thats all a waste of player time and bores players resulting in people leaving the game. Their is only 3 fixes in my mind:

Add another set of gender locked items to each gender for the bonus theyre missing, so a damage for female head and a armour for male head etc etc

or

Add a premium option to change race

or

Remove the gender locked items!

Really... it needs to be done lol, theirs just no common sense behind your decision other than "We made code for gender specific items - so were using it" .....

Opinions, comments, anger? Reply please.

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

10-17-2012 20:49 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But it's worked for how long without anyone else complaining?

10-17-2012 21:00 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Hyperion

Registration Date: 04-22-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

personally i would love to use a headband :/ the defence ignore for my 2h would be brilliant against everyone now who seems to be getting 500+ defence......i would also like to be a bm extra attack and all

forunately it wont happen Smile

keep them as they are....good to have these differences Smile get over it! Smile

10-17-2012 21:11 Hyperion is offline Search for Posts by Hyperion Add Hyperion to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I agree with FT. Since 2007 this server has been here. Not once have i heard anybody complain about this before?
10-17-2012 22:18 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by DemonDude2

wow really... i have, many a time. Though maybe look at it another way, Your all male.... so your biased... but take away your bandana for damage and give it to females.... i dont think it would be long until you started to complain.

And the entire - differences are good thing is fine! Yea! Lets do it!

Extra damage that scales with level & Ignore defence percentage are bad ways to seperate the classes as theyre IMBA. If you want differences then leave it at base stats as they can be balanced out with other gear.

I duno... to me the entire headband / bandana thing is just imbalanced. Ive heard people playing a female that they wish they could use a bandana before.

But if NOONE else who uses the forum thinks that having it as a possable choice for either gender then i will accept that im wrong. But if even... 10% of the females vampires would like to wear a bandana then wouldnt it make sense to have a female version of it?

10-17-2012 22:53 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

There not a bad way your just not looking at it the right way. Attack a BK when you have no defence ignore.. Id rather have 20% to ignore the defence to make my damage higher as they have HUGE defences when you get higher.

Even some Hunters / Collectors.

Perfect Kilt (+1)
- damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 char levels, defence increased by 1 for every 4 char levels

Perfect Skirt (+1)
- damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 char levels

Only difference between those 2 is men's give defence. Which isnt always great, it can really screw up tattoos if they have a max def your working to.

Perfect Cape (+1)
- damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 char levels

Both can wear a cape so it doesnt matter.
10-17-2012 23:49 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Do you know how much more damage a headband would give me with my Shuriken? There's differences for a reason

10-18-2012 07:45 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
acidic

Registration Date: 07-19-2012
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN Leader

i think there should be an option to change race

option should cost 120 days of premium and be limited to 1 change per account to keep the balance in the game
10-18-2012 22:54 acidic is offline Search for Posts by acidic Add acidic to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

If you should be able to change race it should be allowed anytime before level 75

Not at any point in the game

Change gender wouldn't be a bad thing

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 10-18-2012 22:58.

10-18-2012 22:58 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
If you should be able to change race it should be allowed anytime before level 75

thats a pretty good idea, but it should be a 1 time thing, then if you want to change after that, gota pay :S

10-19-2012 08:06 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

No, no paying for it, 1 free race change before 75 then after that you are whatever race you take into level 76 but can still go Cursed One

10-19-2012 13:14 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
acidic

quote:

Not at any point in the game

Change gender wouldn't be a bad thing

but then that wouldnt be fair, if it was bought in to effect say in a months time, all those players over level 75 wouldnt be able to use it

ive known guys level 80+ quit and restart because there race isnt working out, mostly its been cursed ones, but theres been a few others as well

i cant talk for the whole server, but i know if i was given the option as a gunner, id go cultist for the first 70-80 levels, then switch to absorber, the searing would now longer be needed and the arcana from the absorber would allow me to wear a better armour with more damage and more set attacks
10-19-2012 13:25 acidic is offline Search for Posts by acidic Add acidic to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

have you looked at the diffrence in perc between a headband and bandanna

Perfect Headband of Precognition CLOSE

Helmet (Only for females)
Defence: 16
Effects: ignores 10 % of your opponent`s defence, APPEARANCE +21, PERCEPTION +45, chance to hit with melee weapons -74
Requirements: LEVEL: 56 (85), STRENGTH: 41 (62), APPEARANCE: 28 (42)
Value: 78 750 Lgo
Value: Nanites 959, Mana 2410

Perfect Deadly Bandanna of Precognition* (+1) CLOSE

Helmet (Only for males)
Defence: 27
Effects: minimum damage of all weapons +5, maximum damage of all weapons +8, APPEARANCE +17, PERCEPTION +34, damage of all weapons +1 for every 4 levels, chance to hit with melee weapons -73, TOUGHNESS -10, all weapons damage +14, APPEARANCE +5, INTELLIGENCE -2
Requirements: LEVEL: 82 (125), STRENGTH: 71 (10Cool , APPEARANCE: 28 (42)
Value: 107 850 Lgo
Value: Nanites 1397, Mana 3929

theres 11 diffrence and that not even at perfect +1 they get theres we get ours

its fine the way it is
10-19-2012 16:56 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

But isnt all that extra perc useless at a high level? Especially with legendary and evolution bonuses on top .....

10-19-2012 18:07 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

The extra perc means you can concentrate on higher damage prefix/suffix on other gear without losing too much perc?

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
10-19-2012 22:58 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by warlock619
The extra perc means you can concentrate on higher damage prefix/suffix on other gear without losing too much perc?

well yea thats why i said at high level, those items with damage are enough to hit most mobs

deadly bandana of precog al the way! Big Grin

But yea this is too much of a stalemate argument on both sides imo, should be closed Big Grin

10-20-2012 09:15 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

There are too many benefits for both genders for this to happen. The problem is people only see flat damage as a stat and start complaining.

CauseIhad is currently the highest damaging assassin by a country mile and is a female char. It doesnt use suicide like the rest of the assassins on R1UK down to it having a skirt (lower defence than a kilt with the damage boost). It has a p3 tigers bandanna of adrenaline.

On high defence mobs (that noone ever thinks about), to match the damage gain from an extra 20% ignore defence a bandanna user would need to be lvl 150+.

too many people are too narrow minded to make the gender locked items work.

Tailcoat for instance does sweet FA at higher lvls.

corset gains 1 defence for every 4 lvls at p1.

everyone seems to be stuck with these generic builds like snipers for example. A female sniper using a p3 headband and a sniper rifle will of course be moaning that they want the extra damage but a male sniper using an AK will always complain about wanting a headband for the ignore defence.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX PEOPLE AND STOP COMPLAINING

this idea is stupid and for the narrow minded.

close this.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

10-20-2012 09:28 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia

CauseIhad is currently the highest damaging assassin by a country mile and is a female char. It doesnt use suicide like the rest of the assassins on R1UK down to it having a skirt (lower defence than a kilt with the damage boost). It has a p3 tigers bandanna of adrenaline.

A female character is using a bandana? Wow thats impressive.

Anyway.... Yes, each class has its advantages, but they are IMBA advantages as their is no other way for the other gender to get them.

Period.
That practically defines imbalanced for gods sake lol.

This started off with: Ive never heard anyone say i wish i could wear X
.... Well we already seen a few examples in this thread, i.e. FT says he would like to use a headband.

Continuing that example, other than heavy xbow theirs no other practical way to beat armor for a ranger.
So females have an ADVANTAGE over males. Were as male rangers have an advantage over low defence characters.

Thats not balanced, 1 for 1 sounds good yea, but in a game were players choose their class, the high / low defence toons are not 50/50 split.

And now your saying - but but but, look! That gender is doing really good and it doesnt have XXX

Funny, you even said they are better by a lot.... lol, yea thats balance for ya Wink ... why are they better? Are they using better gender items? Or are they using the generic both gender items?

Either way that example fails as it you said they are op by comparison.

10-20-2012 10:09 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Lol you seem to have gotten the wrong end of the stick.

im sure you realise I meant headband...

also they are not overpowered at all in comparison. The way people use them makes them seem overpowered because people are too narrow minded to use the male items to their full potential.

If you have never seen anyone state: "I wish I could use this" then you are not talking to the people higher up in the food chain.

EDIT: for the record I would love a headband as it suits my shuriken, but would hate to lose my bandanna as i need the damage on my crossbow.

its all about compromise Smile

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

10-20-2012 10:18 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia im sure you realise I meant headband...

Yea i was just pointing it out para lol Tongue

quote:
also they are not overpowered at all in comparison. The way people use them makes them seem overpowered because people are too narrow minded to use the male items to their full potential.

Its exactly as you say, that gender speific item has boosted them to the level were other players in the same path are falling behind. So yes, they are using gear well, (grats btw) thats the aim of the game. But a male could never do that setup, ever, because its not available to him.

I started this thread saying that - your not told about all these choices when you start the game, after months and months of playing you realise... sugar.... i should be a male//female aww no Frown time to change all my gear.

quote:
If you have never seen anyone state: "I wish I could use this" then you are not talking to the people higher up in the food chain.

Maybe you havnt read much of this thread but the last few posts, butI said ive seen this from the very start and everyone responded that they havnt.

quote:
EDIT: for the record I would love a headband as it suits my shuriken, but would hate to lose my bandanna as i need the damage on my crossbow.

Dude! Same lmao Smile But like i said in my other post,

quote:
Originally posted by Smelly Demon Dude, needs to shower! But loves pepsi max and potatoes!!! Smile (*wonders if anyone will see this? lol*)

Other than heavy xbow theirs no other practical way to beat armor for a ranger.

So females have an ADVANTAGE over males.
Were as male rangers have an advantage over low defence characters with their headband.

quote:
its all about compromise Smile

The player should NEVER EVER have to compromise. The "Oh i wish i could do X... but i cant" is not good! lol It SHOULD be, i want to do this... i cant do it that way... but i can do it this way... yay!

Now its like this:
Male - Shuriken for low armour | heavy xbow for high armour
Female - Shuriken for low armour | Lots of options for high armor

That in itself is IMBA. Frown More options for one than another.

As people have stated, differances between classes is good, i so so agree. But not one that LIMITS the players choices.
These gender bonus SHOULD be available to both sides.

I think the best option is to add more - silly things for gender bonus. i.e. ... females have a .... new ring, becasue they dont have 1:

Garter: + appearance and luck.

Not game breaking. Not as much as + rep on a signet (which isnt game breaking either, just ... imo rep is more cruicial, both are equally nice though)

10-20-2012 10:40 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

Registration Date: 07-04-2010

I completely agree with the OP, any time someone can do something that i cannot it is IMBA and must be removed or altered so that i can also do it.

I can only use 2h guns with my tattoo while others can use ranged weapons with theirs. How is that fair!? I want to be able to use ranged weapons too! This is an outrage i demand all tattoos be homogenized so everyone gets all the benefits of every tattoo and none of the restrictions, the current system is simply IMBA.

Furthermore others have innate easiness from their race or can use hp boosting arcana while i cannot, this is obviously IMBA and everyone should have access to all arcanas and race bonuses.

My girlfriend is on her period, however as a man i cannot menstrate, this is clearly IMBA and i demand the BW dev's fix this immediately.

Disclaimer: The above post was made with near lethal levels of sarcasm and before i had my morning cigarette.

tl;dr

SPAM, properly rewarded
If you have nothing constructive to say then don't post at all
Mortis

10-21-2012 11:20 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Waaaaaaaaambulance
I completely agree with the OP, any time someone can do something that i cannot it is IMBA and must be removed or altered so that i can also do it.

I can only use 2h guns with my tattoo while others can use ranged weapons with theirs. How is that fair!? I want to be able to use ranged weapons too! This is an outrage i demand all tattoos be homogenized so everyone gets all the benefits of every tattoo and none of the restrictions, the current system is simply IMBA.

Furthermore others have innate easiness from their race or can use hp boosting arcana while i cannot, this is obviously IMBA and everyone should have access to all arcanas and race bonuses.

My girlfriend is on her period, however as a man i cannot menstrate, this is clearly IMBA and i demand the BW dev's fix this immediately.

Disclaimer: The above post was made with near lethal levels of sarcasm and before i had my morning cigarette.

Hilarious that you have no counter to any argument ive made.

Oh oh, other than deal with it and talking about things the player CHOOSES!

Which is totally different to what im talking about. Things the player cannot choose!

10-21-2012 13:24 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

so you didn't choose to have a female character? \o/

10-21-2012 13:30 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
so you didn't choose to have a female character? \o/

Have you read anything in this thread?

Your not told about the importance of that decision and the effects it can have on your decisions later in the game.

It could be a few motnhs into the game, youve seen a player doing X, your a new player, no idea what your doing so you go... yea im going to spend months of playing this to try and be like that.

2 months later... oops .... wrong gear.... that wont work for me... balls

Dude, if you have nothing constructive, positive or negative to say, then dont say anything at all. Looks more like a need for a higher post count than anything else....

10-21-2012 13:37 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

lol i've actually argued about a year back for something simillar about an option to change race.

what i came to realise after thinking about it is the only reason people argue for this stuff is out of laziness.

instead of trying to be innovative and think of the best to do with what you have and adapt you just want a quick fix.

if all decisions had no consequence to them and all options were open for everyone then everyone would end up with the same cookie cutter builds even more than they currently are.

10-21-2012 13:52 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
lol i've actually argued about a year back for something simillar about an option to change race.

what i came to realise after thinking about it is the only reason people argue for this stuff is out of laziness.

instead of trying to be innovative and think of the best to do with what you have and adapt you just want a quick fix.

if all decisions had no consequence to them and all options were open for everyone then everyone would end up with the same cookie cutter builds even more than they currently are.

If anything, it would add more diversity - more possabilities, as it is now some classes are stuck with very few paths they can take.

Laziness... perhaps.... or look at it from the another perspective. BWs is a time invested game. If you think of EVE online, you have to put in years before you can command the best ships.
If you, as a new palyer, went down one path thinking it led to Titans but half a year later found out that 1 slight tiny change you made at the start which made no differece to you at all and didnt seem important now actually hinders you and forces you to change from a path you have been working on for half a year.

Of course thats a more extreme example than here in BWs, but it shows the point more clearly.

The races are different as you can see all their effects right from the get go. Me and others have discussed about multiple ways to help fix this, it doesnt have to be a rebalance.
Even if it is to simply add new art of the items each gender can wear on the gender selection page at the start - that works! Then nobody can complain!

though.... gender would still be imba... just cant complain Tongue

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 10-21-2012 14:08.

10-21-2012 14:06 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

I'm sure if it was imbalanced they'd be doing somet in this "balance" patch but they ain't so guess what, Gender isn't imbalanced so your argument is getting somewhat pointless and becoming spam

10-21-2012 14:43 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
acidic

quote:
I'm sure if it was imbalanced they'd be doing somet in this "balance" patch but they ain't so guess what, Gender isn't imbalanced so your argument is getting somewhat pointless and becoming spam

the games in its 6th year and there still balancing out things like tattoos, just because it hasnt been addressed yet doesnt mean it set in stone to be perfectly balanced

your argument shot down nice and easy

the debate between para and demon, i see good points, in both sides, if players use there minds and compromise, they can become awesome, when at the same time, were the people funding the game, compromise maybe shouldnt be the only option

however, given time, the devs will discuss it im sure, and if it needs to be redone, it will be, if not, im sure it will stay as it is
10-21-2012 23:31 acidic is offline Search for Posts by acidic Add acidic to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

My argument? If I was to argue I'd just be repeating exactly what Para and Waaambulance have said, doesn't take much to think of a gender based build

10-22-2012 07:04 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

Ok lets put it this way in games like wow you cant use certain weapons if you take a certain class now it doesnt tell you this at the start it might not be fair but as the player you just get on with it.

Now the headband/bandanna headband more perc and ignore def. Bandanna lots more dmg when you think about it they are both balanced items for each gender they dont make you op your prefix suffix make you good not the basic item.

I would love the headband to have the bandannas dmg if it ment i got rhe ignore def but its not going to happen so we just think of diffrent ways and with enchantments you never know you might get lucky and get what you looking for
10-22-2012 07:18 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

strengths and weaknesses get called imbalanced all to often, i'm quite happy as it is, especially with a female character, lets fast forward a few years when chronos becomes common place on the server, in excess of 800 defence is not uncommon, now for easy maths, ignoring 20% of that is cutting it down by 160 defence. Now as a melee character, that means i've effectively gained 80 damage, for the same 80 damage gain as a male with a bandanna would require level 320, madness, i know. But if we start looking towards mobs/players with low defence, a percentage ignore defence of sod all defence makes.... sod all difference, causing the bandanna to benefit much more so in these situations.
At the end of the day it's swings and roundabouts, personally i think the game gender mechanics are fine as is, though i feel a few people may be "doing it wrong" to coin a term. Play to your characters strengths, having a female character as a bk and wanting to use elvish skirt of dodges is daft, so, you don't do it. It's no different to having a BM that isn't melee.
10-22-2012 07:45 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Fix or Remove Gender Locked Gear

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH