Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Patch 1.4.18 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Patch 1.4.18 7 Votes - Average Rating: 9.867 Votes - Average Rating: 9.867 Votes - Average Rating: 9.867 Votes - Average Rating: 9.867 Votes - Average Rating: 9.86
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Bowmore
Either the description of the changes to Majesty is not correct or the game interface needs to be updated.

"Thoughtcatcher (UW only): Majesty is now capped at 10 pts. TC's remaining arcana now cost 10 BP (down from 12 BP)."

So far, I have verified that I can only use 10 pts of Majesty in ambushes, but the game lets me use more than 10 pts for AI in defense, koths, expos, and sieges.

That being said, even with AI in defense set to 12 pts of Majesty, it only let me use 10 pts when I actually got attacked. The GUI should be updated to limit Majesty here just like on the ambush page.

I hope the same is not true for koths and expos. Otherwise I will have lost 63% of the effect of my only racial arcana useful in koths and expos.

---

Edit: First koth done under new patch, and it lets me use full Majesty. So the description needs to be corrected to say that Majesty is capped at 10 pts for ambushes, and the AI in defense GUI needs to be corrected to enforce that limit.

I can confirm it's only for ambushes.

10-23-2012 22:22 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Hyperion

Registration Date: 04-22-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
quote:
Originally posted by acidic
wolf and dyrad are also decent suffixes, very strong if used right

Well, Dryads only for attacks.
All it gives is a better chance to reach and extra HP - at the cost of a lot of crit.

Wolf is useless. 31 toughness at perfect... no need for that at all.
... maaaaybe FT could work it with his defence build, maybe. Even then, thats with insane once a year evos, which wernt planned originall, so what the hell were they thinking when they first made wolf?

Leaves reaction or dryad.... 20% crit chance or 30 rep.

With ranged having no dmg modifyer stat, theirs limited dmg boosts. Ranged crit modifyer is x3 which is really goodfactoring in the amount of attacks, but means that we have to crit to get good dmg out.
That means that although yes, were gain survivability we pretty much kill our damage output with Dryad. Losing 2-300 dmg a hit 20% of the time ..... ouch. A heck of a lot more loss for the higher levels if they are criting 1k+

So pretty much need to use reaction, or else we cant compete. Im not too fussed on the nerf.... perhaps it was too OP, i mean ... looking at some high level ranger expos its understandable how they can seem that way.

But they need to toally rework the other suffixs to make them at least viable .... give all ranged weapons a flat boost to crit AND take away the crit negative to leg. Then they can nerf the crap out of reaction, wont matter too much.

*sits in bin and cries*

Two words -

Heavy crossbow........

you really dont need more crit....

10-24-2012 05:22 Hyperion is offline Search for Posts by Hyperion Add Hyperion to your Buddy List
Furybaby

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2009

range = critic hit

so all suffix exept reaction or useless

and they are not only heavy crossbo in BW, the other do what ?

the nerf is a big fail !
10-24-2012 06:30 Furybaby is offline Search for Posts by Furybaby Add Furybaby to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

im sorry but I cant let this ranged debate go on any longer....

especially when the people speaking are so narrow minded that they assume crit is DIFFICULT to get.

lets look at this from a different point of view.

Long range : yaaay strength... ~ completely useless

perfection: luck ~ go questing

Precision: pure agility ~ nearly there

Reaction: crit, agility and perception, weapons damage ~ perfect for special people

Vengeance: amazing damage, negative perception, massive to hit, def=0 ~ nice if
you dont like tattoos

Dryad: AMAZING rep,perception, agility negative toughness ~ not bad at all

Wolf: perception,agility,WEAPONS DAMAGE,toughness ~ MORE OVERALL STATS/WEAPON DAMAGE THAN REACTION

fire rate: extra attacks ~ ill come back to this Wink

if you people remove your heads from your behinds and actually see that they lowered the negative crit from legendary ranged to OPEN UP SOME OTHER SUFFIXES then maybe this would be a decent debate... you are all just crying because it differs from the norm... the top 10 didnt get there by doing it the same as others they got there by being unique unlike all of you.

I currently roll into an expo with a P3 legendary shuriken of reaction with 119% crit WHATS THE POINT when crit caps at 85%?

I could get extra damage and stats from wolf and now after the patch i would remain above 85% crit whilst doing so with a SHURIKEN.

please only complain if you have the knowledge to get your facts right and not just speculate.

that is all.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

10-24-2012 06:42 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-997.jpg

Registration Date: 12-22-2010
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: DB

119% crit wow very nice
with your arcana for crit and luck u should be able to reach over 200%

i am glad crit is caped at 85% Wink

10-24-2012 08:28 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Furybaby

You have 85% with arcana ?

-30% for all weapon is bad...
With shuriken and hunter, tatoos just put away the -30% of legendary ok

Assaut = 15%
light/elvish death sower = 14% or 29% in p1
And after ?
You use 45k for each pvp ?

Evolution are good for 20% , but before lvl 86 you do what ? NOTHING

You arent absorber with A2 arcana, you do what ? NOTHING
10-24-2012 08:28 Furybaby is offline Search for Posts by Furybaby Add Furybaby to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
im sorry but I cant let this ranged debate go on any longer....

especially when the people speaking are so narrow minded that they assume crit is DIFFICULT to get.

lets look at this from a different point of view.

Long range : yaaay strength... ~ completely useless
yup

perfection: luck ~ go questing
so not for attacks... which is what were talking about

Precision: pure agility ~ nearly there
still crap

Reaction: crit, agility and perception, weapons damage ~ perfect for special people
special people aka people who want to do dmg....

Vengeance: amazing damage, negative perception, massive to hit, def=0 ~ nice if
you dont like tattoos
yea man, what the hell is this all about anyway lol, maybe they planned tattoos differently at the start

Dryad: AMAZING rep,perception, agility negative toughness ~ not bad at all
Hell no is it AMAZING, its the only one that has a possable use.

Wolf: perception,agility,WEAPONS DAMAGE,toughness ~ MORE OVERALL STATS/WEAPON DAMAGE THAN REACTION
ONLY going to have more damage if you have the crits to replace reaction. If you dont then you will NOT be able to use it.

fire rate: extra attacks ~ ill come back to this Wink
ok Big Grin

if you people remove your heads from your behinds and actually see that they lowered the negative crit from legendary ranged to OPEN UP SOME OTHER SUFFIXES then maybe this would be a decent debate... you are all just crying because it differs from the norm... the top 10 didnt get there by doing it the same as others they got there by being unique unlike all of you.

I currently roll into an expo with a P3 legendary shuriken of reaction with 119% crit WHATS THE POINT when crit caps at 85%?

I could get extra damage and stats from wolf and now after the patch i would remain above 85% crit whilst doing so with a SHURIKEN.
Oh so your going to use wolf now instead then? Post us results will be fun to see Big Grin

please only complain if you have the knowledge to get your facts right and not just speculate.
please dont troll when you only look at thigns from your high level point of view

that is all.

Your a high level and have access to far more options than anyone else.
You have access to things that low levels / others cannot use:
  • high level crit items
  • absorber bonus
  • high level evolutions

You say my heads up my ass yet you only look from your own point of view on EVERY post you make talking about heads up bums lol.

BTW, im not following any ranger trend as ive likely been a ranger longer than you, tho you have been playing it longer than me i chose it before you did.

But still show us your wolf fights! Will be fun to see if they work.

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 10-24-2012 08:40.

10-24-2012 08:35 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

wolf have better damage and better stats than reaction. ofc it will work. but only absorber have easy access to making it work in shuriken

10-24-2012 09:01 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

Registration Date: 07-04-2010

ok so assuming the closed auction is reliable for weapon stats and the patch changes have been applied retroactively so are showing up there, achieving max crit as a hunter is easy.

perfect leg shuri of reaction = -11% crit
Assaut = +15%
light/elvish death sower = +14% or +29% in p1
evo = +20%
hunter tattoo = +35%
disposable = +10%

to be precise with light you would come out at 83% and elvish 98%

ok so if you're an absorber you can easily use any other suffix you want and supplement the crit chance difference with arcana.

as other races you can supplement the crit chance by wearing equipment on higher levels.

yes you might need to be a higher level than before to max out crit chance but it is still just as feasible as before.

further points include:
1. ranged weapons with innate crit chance exist
2. why should low levels have max crit chance?

10-24-2012 09:19 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Furybaby

2. why should low levels have max crit chance?

Maybe because :
Sniper can
Bk can
Assassin can

?

The stuff you are talking about is only for high lvl, and how does others whiwh arent hunter ?
10-24-2012 09:33 Furybaby is offline Search for Posts by Furybaby Add Furybaby to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

monk, berserker, collector, gangster, demonlord?

10-24-2012 09:42 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Furybaby

Colctor and demonlord havent % on tatoos, so without arcana and potion, tey do wht exept heavy crossbow ? Smile
10-24-2012 09:45 Furybaby is offline Search for Posts by Furybaby Add Furybaby to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

yea, was just listing all tattoos that don't have easy access to max crit on low levels

10-24-2012 09:58 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

yeah and best 1h gun dmgdealer the gangster (now with patch) has no crit in tattoo too
so its just useable for absorber Frown

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 10-24-2012 10:10.

10-24-2012 10:09 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

quote:
Originally posted by alyat
yeah and best 1h gun dmgdealer the gangster has no crit in tattoo too

There's a reason they have no crit in the tat, with an extra damage multiplier and keeping crit in the tattoo you'd end up with a very unbalanced tattoo.
absorber with power of blood isn't enough crit to get reliable crits if you're just showing up with gunman gear, it still requires evos & assault if you're after decent crit chance, so it doesn't make it sponge only.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 10-24-2012 10:18.

10-24-2012 10:11 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

quote:
yeah and best 1h gun dmgdealer the gangster (now with patch) has no crit in tattoo too

Luck, crit on gear (so many possibilities and combinations), why do you want your tattoo to give you everything ?

Might as well go naked in expos and fights if your tatoo gives you all you need.

Best idea ever. Let's have a tattoo that gives +50% crit, +4 attacks to all weapons, +40 dmg to all weapons, +90 chance to hit, +20% experience and +10% life.
Requirement 0 armor. Good, stay naked, go in with guns.
Oh and on top of that, maybe you want the tattoo to give a bonus of +50% HP to Majesty effects while we're at it ?

Always complaining that absorbers are the only option and does not realize that TCs are also overpowered.

We all choose a way, we deal with it. Stop crying.
10-24-2012 10:17 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Clan: HLL

My old Thoughtcatcher Gangster has almost 4,500 hp in expos, with p+1 assault bandanna, p+1 elvish cape and Evos will have about 65% crit chance and with a disp almost max now with the patch he'll hit like a beast

As for ranged its had such little impact I don't notice and have now decided I'm working on a Dryad rep kit for pvp which will more than likely finish on max crit chance without a disp Smile

10-24-2012 10:22 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
alyat
Double Ace

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 10-24-2012 10:26.

10-24-2012 10:24 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

think u dont understand

absorber gangster with deadlyset has 16 attacks but no crit
so crit for gangster is *2

absorber can make easy 85% crit

so absorber gangster makes more dmg then every gunman (every race)
and he has 25% dodge

but this u can realise just if u are absorber^^

of course other races could use elvish or tigers to get bit crit
but then they just have 14 attacks and less grounddmg

gangster is just an absorber tattoo

and dont forget the 100 luck
means u will be hit in expos just 50% with the luck and dodge^^
thats better then hp

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 10-24-2012 10:26.

10-24-2012 10:25 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

quote:
think u dont understand

and he has 25% dodge

thats better then hp

one sided opinion, your argument is invalid, a gunman TC with twisted will outsurvive the absorber gangster, live longer, get more attacks off, do more damage. i think you're also somewhat clueless about the crit chance gained from PoB, even with the luck, it doesn't equate to much crit at all.
on top of that, you shouldn't count luck for adjusting crit chance, due to it being affected by the opponents luck.
EDIT: deadly set means no assault, even with the tier 3 dispos, 70 crit chance from PoB? max venom glands, 50% crit chance from PoB? also not happening.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 10-24-2012 10:43.

10-24-2012 10:34 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

maybe alyat is unsided and biased. but he is right. gangster is an absorber tattoo. The numbers he put is not wrong.

Its simple really. assuming 85% crit and 99% hit(yes luck will do that, for both gangster and gunman)

20 attack gunman, will make a 16 attack gangster with exact same gear.

so gunman have:
20 (attacks) * 0,99 (to hit chance) * 0,85 (critical hits) * 1,5 (crit multiplier) * X (weapon damage) + 20 (attacks) * 0,99 (to hit chance) * 0,15 (regular hits) * X (weapon damage) = 28,215 * X damage per round

gangster have:
16 * 0,99 * 0,85 * 2 * Y + 16 * 0,99 * 0,15 * Y = 29,304 * Y damage per round

in addition Y will be higher than X, because of gangster damage bonus.
And furthermore gangster get max dodge with only one evo.
Alyat is wrong about mob effective to hit chance though, with 100 luck and 30% dodge, it will be reduced to 49% Tongue

10-24-2012 10:46 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
maybe alyat is unsided and biased. but he is right. gangster is an absorber tattoo. The numbers he put is not wrong.

Its simple really. assuming 85% crit and 99% hit(yes luck will do that, for both gangster and gunman)

so gunman have:
20 (attacks) * 0,99 (to hit chance) * 0,85 (critical hits) * 1,5 (crit multiplier) * X (weapon damage) + 20 (attacks) * 0,99 (to hit chance) * 0,15 (regular hits) * X (weapon damage) = 28,215 * X damage per round

gangster have:

Alyat is wrong about mob effective to hit chance though, with 100 luck and 30% dodge, it will be reduced to 49% Tongue

50% crit chance required from power of blood is the bit i have a problem with.
i don't doubt the effectiveness of the tattoo, or that it's very much suited to absorbers, but to say that 85% crit chance without assault is easy, is mad.
the luck factor of crit and hit chance is all dependant on the opponents luck, even with expo mobs, should we calculate it? do we assume it's 0 because we can't see it? we can't see that expo mobs have mad +to hit, but we know they do. so how can you begin to form calculations if you dont have a bassline to compare luck with?
10-24-2012 10:54 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

well, if its not 0 its very low, i have enough luck to assure 99% hit in expo. I never see any missed attacks.

Also getting 85% crit in expo for absorber:
Evo 20
disp 15
level 41 power of blood 30
100 luck 20

total = 85%

Level 41 power of blood give 82 luck, luck evo give 14, p1 kilt give 4 total 100

10-24-2012 11:03 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

quote:

and he has 25% dodge

this i have a bone to pick with aswell, C1 has potential for amazing damage.
damage from BoD coming into play sooner, and giving dodge meaning they spend more time alive with their damage increase.
10-24-2012 11:10 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Hayz_M
quote:
think u dont understand

and he has 25% dodge

thats better then hp

one sided opinion, your argument is invalid, a gunman TC with twisted will outsurvive the absorber gangster, live longer, get more attacks off, do more damage. i think you're also somewhat clueless about the crit chance gained from PoB, even with the luck, it doesn't equate to much crit at all.
on top of that, you shouldn't count luck for adjusting crit chance, due to it being affected by the opponents luck.
EDIT: deadly set means no assault, even with the tier 3 dispos, 70 crit chance from PoB? max venom glands, 50% crit chance from PoB? also not happening.

i am gunman and i have twisted with max dodge
its nice for ambush but nothing for expo

in expo i make 3k/round less dmg with twisted at basi^^

so dont tell me about Smile

quote:

so gunman have:

gangster have:

oh i calculatet wrong?

just 49% not 50% hrhrh Big Grin

as tc gunman max crit with disp is 60% crit when i use my deadly set
this is really nice but as gangster my max would be just 35% crit as tc which means thats a useless tattoo for all who dont get crit from arcana

10-24-2012 11:56 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hayz_M
quote:
think u dont understand

and he has 25% dodge

thats better then hp

i am gunman and i have twisted with max dodge
its nice for ambush but nothing for expo

in expo i make 3k/round less dmg with twisted at basi^^

so dont tell me about Smile

quote:

so gunman have:

gangster have:

oh i calculatet wrong?

just 49% not 50% hrhrh Big Grin

this is really nice but as gangster my max would be just 35% crit as tc which means thats a useless tattoo for all who dont get crit from arcana

I am building a set for ak47 that revolves around twisted and not solar like everyone else uses.

And I am talking about an expo/koth set. Not attacks. When I will be done with it, I predict that it will out-damage and out-perform any solar setups of any gun tatoos (sniper, gunman, etc). Not just damage but survivability etc.

You just need to use your imagination and try to find solutions. Instead of complaining.
10-24-2012 13:03 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
I am building a set for ak47 that revolves around twisted and not solar like everyone else uses.

And I am talking about an expo/koth set. Not attacks. When I will be done with it, I predict that it will out-damage and out-perform any solar setups of any gun tatoos (sniper, gunman, etc). Not just damage but survivability etc.

You just need to use your imagination and try to find solutions. Instead of complaining.

Agreed. On my old old account back in like 2009. This is the reason i was a TC Gangster. I knew the potential of dodge with Majesty's survivability. I was told it was a dead tattoo so i tried it.. Worked quite well when there was maybe 1 known Gangster.. Now loads of people are starting to use it..

I chose it to be different and i agree with Sap when he say's you have to try new things, evo's have also given us the ability to say.. lets not have Solar.. lets have Twisted and use Wings 4 to give us the Perception we have lost for example, but have the dodge & other bonus'
10-24-2012 13:14 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

In regards to high crit for an absorber.
  • For elvish / light to work with tattoos you either need a good suffix or somthing other than a cape etc
  • so you lose dmg and stats at p+1 with a non cape
  • or you wait until a far higher lvl for 1 with a suffix

• Assault, again sacrificing stats or wait until a higher level for assault of somthing nice

• And yea, high level evolutions ofc... but not everyone has them, cant say wait until you get evos for it to be good or anything

Dont get me wrong, i think this is an amazing patch, so much fun stuff to play around with now.
Im only saying that reaction is the best suffix due to plain easyness, the others arnt feasable at a low level.
I would sacrifice too much stats | stones | time for a good assault headpiece, maybe later but more important things in the mean time. Is that all i would need to make it work? Big Grin

I didnt mean to say the others are no good flat out, but you need to invest a lot more time into them as well as the high level required for the equip to work.

Para already said wolf is better than his reaction and that he has the crit to take wolf to max crit chance. But he is like.. ranked 12 or somthing so you expect to see him moving off reaction and towards that field now.

10-24-2012 14:04 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

im not trying to pick holes in anyones argument at all right now... I'm always talking about endgame because last I checked thats what people play the game to achieve 0_o

peoples problems these days are that they do very minor improvements and spend weeks doing it.

My cape took me 18 months to complete and I finished it BEFORE I COULD USE IT same as my bandanna and my kilt. People need to know what they want and work towards getting it as soon as they can instead of wasting stones on gaining 3-4 agility or perception or 3 damage per hit.

This game isnt all about getting massive damage because if it was all of the BK's would be zerkers as the damage potential is much greater. People stay BK because it allows them to survive longer to actually do more damage.

I was the first person on this server to use agile thunderfist of suicide but now EVERY ASSASSIN has one.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND DONT JUST MAKE THINGS BECAUSE OTHERS ARE MAKING IT.

quote:
I didnt mean to say the others are no good flat out, but you need to invest a lot more time into them as well as the high level required for the equip to work.

this I have a major problem with.

if you want better results you must put the time and effort into it. "Rome wasnt built in a day" as they said.

quote:

Smile

10-24-2012 16:33 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Clan: HLL

quote:

I was previously Thoughtcatcher
My build was going to consist of:
P+1 assault 16%
P+1 Elvish 29%
Evo 20%

Total 65%

+disp 75%/80%

Don't tell me Gangster doesn't work for any other race because it does, very well

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 10-24-2012 17:44.

10-24-2012 17:40 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

this is kinda my point alyat..PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS

why are you using a deadly set?

why are you going for maximum damage?

you are a thoughtcatcher with massive HP... use elvish, have 2 less attacks and crit alot more whilst having more survivability than all other gunmen... but you are narrow minded and assume because it works for others it should work for you 0_o

its like iv never understood why cultist assassins care so much about agility when their arcana gives it to them, they should focus on damage and then let their strengths pick up the slack.

as an absorber I didnt need to go the stereotypical way as an assassin and use murderous like almost every other assassin did as I didnt need the crit so I went for attacks.

its not unfair for you etc you are just narrow minded Smile

quote:

Smile

10-24-2012 17:50 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
im not trying to pick holes in anyones argument at all right now... I'm always talking about endgame because last I checked thats what people play the game to achieve 0_o

peoples problems these days are that they do very minor improvements and spend weeks doing it.

My cape took me 18 months to complete and I finished it BEFORE I COULD USE IT same as my bandanna and my kilt. People need to know what they want and work towards getting it as soon as they can instead of wasting stones on gaining 3-4 agility or perception or 3 damage per hit.

Yea dude, done all that, i have p+1 elvish kilt of sun, p+1 deadly bandana of precog and had that p+1 hunters cape of cobra set for high level, thought about keeping it for defence but my p1 leg light cape of DS is more useful.

Its not Mega end game gear, i have more i want. But move up the lader a little at a time. No point being stupidly unrealistic making things i cant wear until this time 3 years later.

This game isnt all about getting massive damage because if it was all of the BK's would be zerkers as the damage potential is much greater. People stay BK because it allows them to survive longer to actually do more damage.

I was the first person on this server to use agile thunderfist of suicide but now EVERY ASSASSIN has one.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND DONT JUST MAKE THINGS BECAUSE OTHERS ARE MAKING IT.

Their you go talking as though im following some form of trend again. I have always just used w/e i though was cool. Thats why i prefer to use throwing axe over shuriken even though the dmg potential is way lower. I think its purely a much cooler weapon.

quote:

this I have a major problem with.

if you want better results you must put the time and effort into it. "Rome wasnt built in a day" as they said.

Flawed way of looking at it dude, you started ranger as a high level which is the total oposite to the argument im trying to make bud. Why would a new ranger starting out make assault of precog when they have no chance of ever using.... year off wearing it, they cant just make assault either as they need that perception aswell etc etc. You need to work towards your goals slowly one at a time.

Once you have the basic setup sorted, then you diverge off the beaten path. But first you need a good set to get good points from attacks and expos to get leveling up tp wear that gear.

10-24-2012 18:53 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

you are trying to spin this as im a "high level".. yes I am and cant deny it.

But I wasnt always a high level... I made my elvish cape of deathsower at level 84?

I was happily crap until lvl 90 as an assassin after waiting with my underpowered set for 6 levels. the second I turned lvl 90 I was dominating. If I had concentrated on the short term I wouldnt have had the stones to make end game items.

I never said you were following a trend but selling items like the p1 hunters cape of cobra "because its no use to you yet" is retarded.

you complain about crit in your earlier posts but dont try and get a direct upgrade to your so called "useful cape".. if you spent the stones you used making hunters of cobra on something along the lines of flexible cape of deathsower they would have been better spent.

I do understand that a "low level" ranger needs stats to hit but lets be honest.. with legendary ranged its not exactly difficult to do now is it.

anyway you keep throwing the term "low level" out there but what exactly counts as low level?

In my eyes 65 is a low ish level.. anything over 80 and you have no leg to stand on when crying about low level.

quote:

Smile

10-24-2012 19:22 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

Registration Date: 12-30-2011

I do not like this patch as on my french account I only have 25% crit rate but plenty to hit what I need to hit >.> Considering re-merging my shuriken to something better for crit rate.

lvl 74 cursed one.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scotland The Brave.: 10-24-2012 19:39.

10-24-2012 19:37 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
you are trying to spin this as im a "high level".. yes I am and cant deny it.

But I wasnt always a high level... I made my elvish cape of deathsower at level 84?

I was happily crap until lvl 90 as an assassin after waiting with my underpowered set for 6 levels. the second I turned lvl 90 I was dominating. If I had concentrated on the short term I wouldnt have had the stones to make end game items.

I never said you were following a trend but selling items like the p1 hunters cape of cobra "because its no use to you yet" is retarded.

Its retarded that you cannot read, take half the facts i give you and comment on those alone. I said that i have a new item that is better, that is why i am selling it that decision has nothing to do with the level of the item. Smile

you complain about crit in your earlier posts but dont try and get a direct upgrade to your so called "useful cape".. if you spent the stones you used making hunters of cobra on something along the lines of flexible cape of deathsower they would have been better spent.

lol you have no idea what your talking about Smile It cost me under 4ss to make and upgrade Tongue flexible of deathsower would cost a hell of a lot more

oh btw .. going back to the cant read thing again, i did make a crit prefix of DeathSower already, but you only see what you want so its ok that you didnt read that bit

I do understand that a "low level" ranger needs stats to hit but lets be honest.. with legendary ranged its not exactly difficult to do now is it.

anyway you keep throwing the term "low level" out there but what exactly counts as low level?

In my eyes 65 is a low ish level.. anything over 80 and you have no leg to stand on when crying about low level.

So... whats your point .... who ever said i was talking about my own character lol? Im fighting about the weapons not being viable until high level - reaction is the ony way until you can afford use high level gear - stop spamming para Tongue

10-24-2012 20:12 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
So... whats your point .... who ever said i was talking about my own character lol? Im fighting about the weapons not being viable until high level - reaction is the ony way until you can afford use high level gear - stop spamming para

Lets be honest here. You want an easy game from that sounds of this. Your fighting for the weapons that can't be used til high levels? What are you some form of missionary fighting for an easy game?
10-24-2012 20:32 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
quote:
So... whats your point .... who ever said i was talking about my own character lol? Im fighting about the weapons not being viable until high level - reaction is the ony way until you can afford use high level gear - stop spamming para

Lets be honest here. You want an easy game from that sounds of this. Your fighting for the weapons that can't be used til high levels? What are you some form of missionary fighting for an easy game?

hell no dude .... what isnt their to understand?

If you want to deal damage you have to use a shuriken of reaction - at high levels you can verge off that path to other things, but for the majority your stuck with that.

Throwing Knife, Throwing Axe, All the bows - dmg is too low at the levels you can wear it
Heavy weapons - Requirments are too high to be able to use

The wolf build sounds great, for that damage to mean anything you cant really use assault as deadly gives nearly as much dmg as wolf does - does the jump to wolf wouldnt mean much of a big change. Though assault will still result in a slightly higher DPR.

Dryad doesnt have crit or have a damage modifyer to counter the loss of crit. Just extra HP, this wont be useful on many attacks to a low level.

EDIT: Want i want to see is multiple paths available. This patch made high levels of ranged weapons more effective, i think that is amazing and im still going to stick with the thowing axe. But theirs only one great weapon available to a low level ranger.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 10-24-2012 21:00.

10-24-2012 20:58 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

ok this will be my last post here as you are too thick skulled to get through to.

in my previous post:

quote:

the useful cape I was referring to was your light cape of DS.. the direct upgrade to that is is flexible of deathsower.. but I can see how you missed that.

you also never said you were selling it because you had something better... you said you have something more useful

quote:
Originally posted by Demondude2
Yea dude, done all that, i have p+1 elvish kilt of sun, p+1 deadly bandana of precog and had that p+1 hunters cape of cobra set for high level, thought about keeping it for defence but my p1 leg light cape of DS is more useful.

This also irritates me about people that dont know how to play:

quote:
lol you have no idea what your talking about Smile It cost me under 4ss to make and upgrade Tongue flexible of deathsower would cost a hell of a lot more

Its not about how much it cost its more about the fact you are willing to waste useful parts and stones on a Piece of crap. am I getting through yet?

and this last part truly tickled me... well and truly:

quote:

flash is right.. you want a nice easy short term game... happy fun pony land is in the beta you may want to check that out.

funny thing is.. at a low level without legendary ranged you would be better off with wolf over reaction, people at low level before they can even start thinking about damage have to be able to hit.. and wolf helps alot more than reaction does in that respect.

The thing I find funny is that you do have choices in what you can use and you are complaining yet a berzerker has NO choice when it comes to weapons as they must have 1 of 2 suffixes and iv yet to see a serious complaint about them.. ( part from hype but she is a little special)

quote:

Smile

10-24-2012 21:01 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
ok this will be my last post here as you are too thick skulled to get through to.

in my previous post:

quote:

the useful cape I was referring to was your light cape of DS.. the direct upgrade to that is is flexible of deathsower.. but I can see how you missed that.

you also never said you were selling it because you had something better... you said you have something more useful

and yet you complained about me selling it because i wasnt high enough level? hmm... seems like one your statments is a lie here ... Maybe your just confused

quote:

This also irritates me about people that dont know how to play:

quote:

Its not about how much it cost its more about the fact you are willing to waste useful parts and stones on a Piece of crap. am I getting through yet?

LOL ok... so AGAIN your talking about the complete opposite of your other post which was about me wasting stones. What useful parts? Legendary cape and a non legendary cape dont merge so i couldnt merge them together.
I merged the Hunters Cape of Cobra with 2 drop items that would of sold for maybe a few ls each and it pretty much went straight to P1. So yea .... your still spamming.

and this last part truly tickled me... well and truly:

quote:

flash is right.. you want a nice easy short term game... happy fun pony land is in the beta you may want to check that out.

funny thing is.. at a low level without legendary ranged you would be better off with wolf over reaction, people at low level before they can even start thinking about damage have to be able to hit.. and wolf helps alot more than reaction does in that respect.

The thing I find funny is that you do have choices in what you can use and you are complaining yet a berzerker has NO choice when it comes to weapons as they must have 1 of 2 suffixes and iv yet to see a serious complaint about them.. ( part from hype but she is a little special)

EVERYTHING i have talked about is the COMPLETE opposite to make ranged path easy. You complete muffin! From the start i have said i want to see multiple options. NOT just limited to ranged. All classes should have multiple choices.

This patch serves to make the weapons different. Im fighting that these differences should be on the lower levels of the weapons so that they are more relevant to the entire game, not just the end of it.

And also wolf doesnt work at a low level, the stats are fine, you can hit everything just as easily with reaction, no need for the wolf.

Even so - its still only a shuriken. 1 weapon for all situations s just wrong. Not how you make a game Red Face
Yea ... move onto heavy xbow but cant wear it very high.

Fact is that:
About 1/2 the weapons should be viable and at least 1/4 should be viewed as really good each struggling to be the best.
Thats translates to all classes. At all levels.

Having 9/10 of weapons being useless is stupid.

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 10-24-2012 21:24.

10-24-2012 21:13 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

this is going around in circles.

I complained about you selling it because you had already made it and your excuse was sub par.

I complained about you making it because it was dumb.

I never insinuated using your light cape of deathsower to make the flexible one, you pulled that out your bum.

if the 2 pieces you dropped are useful enough to make hunters then they are useful enough to be a part merge for something better... trust me iv merged some of the best items on this game from mid level items.. just ask clem.

I would love some more diversity in the ranged path but you are complaining because you cant see that it is already diverse, all you see is 1 way of doing things and its not the case at all.

quote:
Fact is that:
About 1/2 the weapons should be viable and at least 1/4 should be viewed as really good each struggling to be the best.
Thats transltes to all classes. At all levels.

Having 9/10 of weapons being useless is stupid.

now THIS I agree with.. first intelligent thing you have said so far.

quote:

Smile

10-24-2012 21:24 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Patch 1.4.18

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH